Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

twistedmentat posted:

I did not see Sousa coming along with them, but that's an amazing development.

I pumped my fist and said "HELL YEAH!" Glad I avoided spoilers, and I hope he's around for a while. Enver is really an amazing actor and I need some Agent Carter wrap up after Endgame pooped all over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Teek posted:

He apparently had other filming commitments he picked up while the show's renewal future seemed grim. He'll be back in a recurring role later.

Honestly, while I miss Fitz this season, good for him. He deserves to get a lot more work after AoS.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Unless I missed something, Mallick remembered Deke's name :allears:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Medullah posted:

I pumped my fist and said "HELL YEAH!" Glad I avoided spoilers, and I hope he's around for a while. Enver is really an amazing actor and I need some Agent Carter wrap up after Endgame pooped all over it.

I really want Coulson telling him everything that's happened in the future.

"Wait, Captain America and Bucky Barnes are still alive? And Howard Stark's son has a flying suit of armor? And Thor, the norse god, is real?" *chugs entire bottle of scotch*

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

"And you're a robot because the human you're modeled after made a deal with the literal devil?" :stare:

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
More like "My concerns about Hydra infiltrating everything was right? By the 2000s 80% of SHIELD and 1 out of every 12 people alive are secretly working with Hydra? That seems a little excessive..."

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

That was lulu and a lot of fun. Gemma and her white shirt kept distracting me. It took a full two minutes for it register that the episode was in black and white. Enoch just giving up and connecting Deke was hilarious. Just that droll "I'll connect you." as Deke is excitedly jabbering.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
So is it possible the 'patiently waiting in a bar' Enoch is the one who's gonna kidnap the crew in present day?

Also what theme will the bar be next week?

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

GigaPeon posted:

So is it possible the 'patiently waiting in a bar' Enoch is the one who's gonna kidnap the crew in present day?

Also what theme will the bar be next week?

speakeasy lol

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Uh its gonna be a straight up disco.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

swickles posted:

Uh its gonna be a straight up disco.

I want Enoch going the full John Travolta, but hangdog.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Sloth Life posted:

I want Enoch going the full John Travolta, but hangdog.

Or better yet, updog.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Enoch ends up being Fury's Toolbox, right?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Masonity posted:

Or better yet, updog.

I do not understand the meaning of this word "updog" please explain

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Medullah posted:

I do not understand the meaning of this word "updog" please explain

It's somewhere between a sugma and a ligma.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
You jerks go get Enoch and take him with you! It literally takes 5 minutes of your time!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Yeah, I feel really bad for Enoch. I hope the other Omnicrons don't get to him.

This is incorrect. The term is chronicom. However, I will take no offense.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chokes McGee posted:

You jerks go get Enoch and take him with you! It literally takes 5 minutes of your time!

They were in Nevada/California and he's in New York, even for the zephyr that's more than a 5 minute jaunt. Combine that with their apparent 20 second warning on time shifts that doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room to get there.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Azhais posted:

They were in Nevada/California and he's in New York, even for the zephyr that's more than a 5 minute jaunt. Combine that with their apparent 20 second warning on time shifts that doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room to get there.

Yeah, that was the thing that really stuck out to me. While people are running around all the time, someone could be talking to him and like, being a friend for at least a second or too! God, they felt like such assholes to him this episode.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Enoch, in a leisure suit "I am, how you say, funky"

aarstar
Mar 7, 2004
Deke tried to talk to Enoch, but Enoch transferred him right away.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I gotta say, Deke really managed to melt into the main cast quite well. Last season, he was more of a weirdo outsider, everyone treated as a liability. Now he has a bit more rapport with his teammates and can contribute stuff.
Maybe it's just the fact that Fitz isn't around to openly disdain him.

"Our beautiful daughter married some space goon and gave birth to a Deke."
By the way, what happened to Deke's mom? I vaguely remember she was sort of already around when last season ended. Is it implied that Jemma gave birth and left the baby with Fitz in the mean time?

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jun 19, 2020

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I hopenthat because Fitz is doing all this monitoring and had so much extra time they do a 180 and Firz screams "Deke!" and hugs him, shocking Deke in the process.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

twistedmentat posted:

Enoch, in a leisure suit "I am, how you say, funky"

I have taken bold clothing.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

cant cook creole bream posted:

I gotta say, Deke really managed to melt into the main cast quite well. Last season, he was more of a weirdo outsider, everyone treated as a liability. Now he has a bit more rapport with his teammates and can contribute stuff.
Maybe it's just the fact that Fitz isn't around to openly disdain him.

"Our beautiful daughter married some space goon and gave birth to a Deke."
By the way, what happened to Deke's mom? I vaguely remember she was sort of already around when last season ended. Is it implied that Jemma gave birth and left the baby with Fitz in the mean time?

He briefly hallucinates her at the end of S5 during all the Fear Dimension stuff, I think you're thinking of that. She's never "really" appeared on screen - she's dead by the future, and there's nothing to indicate Simmons is pregnant. (Although she does throw up from shock when Deke reveals the truth, which kinda comes off as a pregnancy reveal. It's never followed up though)

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Chokes McGee posted:

I have taken bold clothing.

:golfclap:

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
This show keeps getting better and better, it's unbelievable. I do miss Fitz though, when are we gonna see him again?

In other news I just started rewatching from S1E1. I miss Ward. And I forgot how annoying Daisy was early on. That being said I'm psyched for all the amazing things to happen. Daisy; her Dad; Turn, Turn, Turn; Wards dog; Bill Paxton: SO much good poo poo.

E: The crazy thing about this show is that there's no plot that I'm not looking forward to. Once I get through the first 10 roughish episodes, it's solid freaking gold.

Lanky_Nibz fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jun 20, 2020

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
We're definitely getting episodes set during Season 1 or 2 right? I'd love a story about the Chronicom's attempting to interfere with Daisy's past, like one where they try to stop her from getting superpowers.

Or maybe we could get a Jaiying cameo, and a scene between her, Sousa and Whitehall for a mini Dollhouse reunion.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Strom Cuzewon posted:

He briefly hallucinates her at the end of S5 during all the Fear Dimension stuff, I think you're thinking of that. She's never "really" appeared on screen - she's dead by the future, and there's nothing to indicate Simmons is pregnant. (Although she does throw up from shock when Deke reveals the truth, which kinda comes off as a pregnancy reveal. It's never followed up though)

Orrrrrrrr, it took Fitz over 9 months to figure out time travel. :tinfoil:

#itsallconnected

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 20, 2020

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Did this get preempted tonight by a 2-hour special on African American music??? that's what's showing on my guide now, wtf

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Did this get preempted tonight by a 2-hour special on African American music??? that's what's showing on my guide now, wtf

Starts at 10, at least on my guide it shows that special from 8-10 and SHIELD after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd38CI7w1YA

Love the individual openings they're doing throughout the season...

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

GLOSS posted:

Starts at 10, at least on my guide it shows that special from 8-10 and SHIELD after.

hmm mine's not showing they're airing the ep at all. I'll just record all night

e: mine's showing some Soledad O'Brien show now :mad:

Crusty Nutsack fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jun 25, 2020

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

So I got a Soledad OBrien newsmagazine about COVID 19 instead AoS...

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I love these openings.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

well the show's twitter account is tweeting like the show is on, and apparently for some people, it is. wtf is this poo poo

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Where can I get this red SHIELD tracksuit for my own...

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Well that wasn't ominous at all.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

awesome, now we have to stay out of the thread for spoilers too :(

I'M CRANKY lol gently caress YOU ABC WHAT'S GOING ON

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Anyone know what that thing was in Simmons' neck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Crusty Nutsack posted:

awesome, now we have to stay out of the thread for spoilers too :(

I'M CRANKY lol gently caress YOU ABC WHAT'S GOING ON

drat that sucks

Maybe you can sign up for a Hulu free trial and watch the episode tomorrow?

Codependent Poster posted:

Anyone know what that thing was in Simmons' neck?

She's the predator