Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Cocaine Bear posted:

They'd love to lockdown big names but Arizona republicans won't let em.

I though they would be all for putting the Mexican guy in lockdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/kristen_shilton/status/1274115205010731012?s=21

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
Has the NHL considered using a Russian monastery as a hub?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Also, we're suspended all testing.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Just shut it all down and give the Stanley Cup to David Ayres.

Hell, give him all the trophies, he's been the most interesting thing that's happened in the NHL this year.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

AsInHowe posted:

I'd still wait for someone else to report this before believing

All right, lace em up boys, let's have that Toronto Columbus Series right now.

...no not really, get well soon Auston, let's admit defeat and have free agent frenzy and the draft instead please.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/1274126142119837696

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Kilza posted:

Steve Simmons has finally posted something interesting

https://twitter.com/simmonssteve/status/1274069726122180608

HIPAA? lol Steve Simmons is still a loving clown.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
It's amazing how much I loved Steve Simmons when I was a kid. He was probably my favourite sportswriter.

I also really liked Rick Rielly, and would always flip to the back of SI whenever I was at my orthodonist.

Basically, I had no taste.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Sabres fired the wrong guy.

No, seriously.

quote:

One bit of good news: Buffalo’s head of hockey department IT, Kyle Kiebzak, was re-hired after initially being fired. His termination apparently was a mistake.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-breaking-major-nhl-awards-races/

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

"Oh gently caress who knows the passwords to all of our accounts? I thought you did. Why is none of my email sending get that guy on the phone tell him it was a mistake"

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Jesus christ just cancel the loving season

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:toot: My Father’s Day gift arrived! :toot:

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

:nice:

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

"Oh gently caress who knows the passwords to all of our accounts? I thought you did. Why is none of my email sending get that guy on the phone tell him it was a mistake"

This is probably exactly what happened and it's kinda funny to think the owners were just panic-firing so many people that they didn't really think about what they were doing.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1274423808456359936

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

And then there were 6

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1274456643141619712

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Hirez posted:

HIPAA? lol Steve Simmons is still a loving clown.

steve simmons is not a health care provider or a business associate of a health care provider

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I should have said PHI or PIPEDA I guess

Hirez fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 20, 2020

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Hirez posted:

I should have said PHI or PIPEDA I guess

those still don't cover simmons unless he broke into matthew's health care provider's emr

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

i guess if you're running multiple games a day time zones don't matter but it's still weird that few East Coast cities are on the shortlist

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

East coast cities are denser, and so mostly have higher covid numbers.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Do we know what happens to the draft lottery when the NHL finally gives in and cancels this farcical playoff attempt

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
The lottery is cancelled and the Kings are awarded the first 5 picks. I know, strange.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

FBS posted:

Do we know what happens to the draft lottery when the NHL finally gives in and cancels this farcical playoff attempt

All I know is Detroit will pick 4th.

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

mennoknight posted:

This is precisely why I never let my son near a rink. I worked for a year in the WHL and saw enough poo poo for a lifetime. My personal favourite day was when two dudes who became NHLers duct taped the mentally handicapped equipment manager to a weight lifting bench and then brought in the Russian import who didn’t know English. They then coached him to call the guy all kinds of names (you can probably guess what they were) and just laughed and laughed. I was the same age as these dudes and also a little fuckin scared dork so I didn’t say anything, just kinda walked away. That absolutely poisoned the well of wanting to work in sports journalism/hockey operations for me.

I play pickup with a some guys who played in Junior A/B and from what I gather from them it's not much better there, either.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

One of the students I recruited into the college program with which I work played for the Ohio AAA Blue Jackets and also played High School hockey in Wisconsin. He seems like a reasonable enough kid, but I don't want to know what stories he might have.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I'm thinking I probably won't ask my cousin about any stories he might have. He played on an OHL team in the early 2000s, alongside some current NHLers.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I haven't been paying attention to hockey for obvious reasons but I started playing XCOM 2 and this auto-generated recruit spoke to me:

Besides the birthdate, everything checks out.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

eXXon posted:

I haven't been paying attention to hockey for obvious reasons but I started playing XCOM 2 and this auto-generated recruit spoke to me:

Besides the birthdate, everything checks out.

Tom Wilson hasn't removed anyone's head and skated around with it on the end of his stick like a pike yet, but I guess there's still time.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Someone put a 99 percent to hit icon above Marchand's shootout puck

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

What the gently caress is this bollocks, was the vote only released in Vegas? I know I'm late, but seriously what the gently caress, even the Devils mascot is better.

https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/status/1272664700010946560

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
I thought their mascot was that gold suit of armour?

Oh well, Gritty's been dethroned

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The NHL got super lucky and fluked into making a successful big market team in a flashy city in Las Vegas. They're not going to let anyone forget it for the next decade.

Get ready for a two hour television special once Fleury retires.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I'm a Vegas fan and the idea nauseates me.

Also Gritty 4eva

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Even Youppi (alias: mormon gritty) is nicer than that mascot

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

MononcQc posted:

Even Youppi (alias: mormon gritty) is nicer than that mascot

The only mascot ejected from a baseball game!

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Also the only mascot to be traded between leagues.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mage_Boy posted:

The only mascot ejected from a baseball game!

If the Phanatic didn't get tossed at least once for his ongoing fuckery with Tommy Lasorda I'd be amazed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

DJExile posted:

If the Phanatic didn't get tossed at least once for his ongoing fuckery with Tommy Lasorda I'd be amazed

Tommy's the one who booted Youppi!