Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Liquid Communism posted:

https://twitter.com/danikaharrod/status/1274124350753370112

LA Sherriff's department decided to shoot another person.

Then go break all the cameras that could have seen it, and break into the building to steal the DVR that had recorded them, and got a retroactive warrant.

smdftb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/RedWingGrips/status/1274008659773853696?s=20

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I don’t see any war drums banging, it sounds like they are ready to serve and protect!

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

https://twitter.com/MilwaukeePolice/status/875458418907074560

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Oooof

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

idgi

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

He ignored a plea for help from one of Dahmer's victims iirc?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Balcerzak was one of the cops who let Jeffrey Dahmer take one of his victims back after the kid had escaped.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

One of the cops reported to a call from a bloodied up 14 year old vietnamese boy. He and a black teenage girl tried to explain to the officer that he was being abused. Instead, the police ignored the two teenagers and only listened the abuser and turned the boy back over to them. The girl said her aunt and mom would corroborate, but when she returned minutes later with them the police had left.

Jeffrey Dahmer would continue to abuse the boy, kill him, and kill others for another two months.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

https://twitter.com/gothamist/status/1274079162458877953?s=21

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Balcerzak

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
:stare:

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

This guy speaks for both a local sherrifs office and the US Marshal's Office? That seems problematic.

If a Military CO made a video like this, can you imagine how fast their XO would have to take over?

BrianM87
Oct 30, 2006
I keep missing. Are you sure the bullets work?

piL posted:

This guy speaks for both a local sherrifs office and the US Marshal's Office? That seems problematic.

If a Military CO made a video like this, can you imagine how fast their XO would have to take over?

That video is several years old and had nothing to do with ANTIFA. It's still stupid and had no business being made, but it's unrelated to current events.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

BrianM87 posted:

That video is several years old and had nothing to do with ANTIFA. It's still stupid and had no business being made, but it's unrelated to current events.

Didn't read the replies, turns out he resigned within 2 weeks and had to get one of the least respected jobs in America.

:psyduck:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
His wiki has a section called "Auschwitz Video"

Good God

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://twitter.com/alexisgoldstein/status/1274382365754822656?s=19

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Is the coast guard cops

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

No they actually protect and save people

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

shovelbum posted:

Is the coast guard cops

Coast Guard are good people they don't attack and murder people

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Tythas posted:

Coast Guard are good people they don't attack and murder people

Something like 15% of their operational budget is dedicated to drug enforcement, another 5% for immigration enforcement.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Something like 15% of their operational budget is dedicated to drug enforcement, another 5% for immigration enforcement.

poo poo, that's lower than most PD's!

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Those...seem like entirely reasonable numbers.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Upon further reflection I genuinely wish I took a chance on doing the Coast Guard instead of loving 12 years of ARMY.

Jesus no one even likes the Army!

I mean I wish I never did any of it but if I had to choose again

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Wasabi the J posted:

Upon further reflection I genuinely wish I took a chance on doing the Coast Guard instead of loving 12 years of ARMY.

Jesus no one even likes the Army!

I mean I wish I never did any of it but if I had to choose again

Then you could have been Ashton Kutcher.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
The coast guard owns, actually. By far the least chuddy branch.

not black enough
Oct 14, 2004

http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/5eef60e8565e0-the-caliphate-of-louisiana.php

felt right.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Liquid Communism posted:

https://twitter.com/danikaharrod/status/1274124350753370112

LA Sherriff's department decided to shoot another person.

Then go break all the cameras that could have seen it, and break into the building to steal the DVR that had recorded them, and got a retroactive warrant.

Yes but who will protect us from all these violent thugs that don't respect private property if we defund????

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Bored As gently caress posted:

You're right. Personally I'd need to see the whole picture and all the body cam footage and surveillance video, before passing judgement...

Lmao

Is there a clown smily?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Maybe I'm a big naive baby I thought the military and police were full of people willing to give their lives in service of their communities or nation; that they will try everything in their power to restore peace.

That's what I genuinely thought. Maybe I'd lose my life, but I would have tried everything.

But no, they just kill minorites, disabled people, AND political activists and call them enemies of the state because they're big scared pussies not even WILLING to try deescalation.

Y'all had tours. Name a loving Afghan or Iraqi that your presence improved life for. Bet you got more exciting stories about someone getting blown away, though.

That's how we minorities feel about the loving police. Maybe y'all want to help or something, but I don't see it.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Wasabi the J posted:

....police were full of people willing to give their lives in service of their communities or nation; that they will try everything in their power to restore peace.

Cops are trained to shoot if there's the slightest hint of a threat that they might not go home at the end of their shift. There's basically zero chance of a cop taking a risk to protect a "civilian", and they'll kill one with impunity if there's a hint of a wrong move.

This is America.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

mllaneza posted:

Cops are trained to shoot if there's the slightest hint of a threat that they might not go home at the end of their shift. There's basically zero chance of a cop taking a risk to protect a "civilian", and they'll kill one with impunity if there's a hint of a wrong move.

This is America.

Also, why bother chasing someone when you can mag dump your service weapon into their back and know the police union has your back?

Cause of Death: "Almost made a cop do unnecessary cardio."

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

mllaneza posted:

This is America.

I know. I'm saying as a young man who was on that career path...

It's hosed up. I would've tried my damnedest but the most American solution is to just shoot your loving problems.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Cops in compton took a kids prosthetic legs and would not give them back. The crowd rushed them and took them back.

https://twitter.com/laurennmcc/status/1274888858660937728

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Are there any anecdotes about deployed national guard troops being varying degrees of uncooperative with police?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
i mean we've spent years watching cops stand outside schools and wait for the shooting to stop before bothering to go inside so I dunno why anyone would still think their job is to protect people

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

shovelbum posted:

Is the coast guard cops

Kind of, we do law enforcement but the vast majority of it is safety poo poo or making sure people are not polluting or illegally taking fish.

We have our assholes but for the most part we collectively take a giant poo poo on them and they generally get out to go do "real" law enforcement elsewhere. The funniest thing is we have the arguably the most power of any group of law enforcement officers but no one wants to use it unless its legitimately and unarguably necessary because its paperwork and no one wants to be a dick.

Universally the one thing we will skull gently caress you over is not putting your kids in lifejackets. I can't actually count the amount of my coworkers myself included that have nightmares about unsuccessful search and rescue cases involving kids.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Proud Christian Mom posted:

i mean we've spent years watching cops stand outside schools and wait for the shooting to stop before bothering to go inside so I dunno why anyone would still think their job is to protect people

Could you cite more than two examples? After Columbine, SOP and training was changed and ever since, it's been standard training to have cops rush in towards the gunfire, even going so far as rushing past the wounded, so as to confront and end the threat as soon as possible. Besides Columbine and the Sheriff's Deputy in Florida failing to go in (more than likely going against his training and the Sheriff's Dept policies, I'd bet), I can't think of any where that's happened. Though just because I can't remember it, obviously doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

There are certainly way more cases of cops rushing in to confront the attacker, and either taking out the active shooter, or the active shooter killing themselves because while it's easy for the active shootet to go around executing unarmed people, as soon as they are confronted with armed resistance, they kill themselves because they're cowards.

It's fine to be ACAB and all that poo poo, but at least be factually accurate. There's more than enough problems with policing in America without resorting to half truths.

It can be true that yes, the SCOTUS case ruled that the police don't have a requirement to protect every person individually (if SCOTUS ruled the opposite way, every PD would be sued out of existence every time they were late for a call and someone got hurt), they have a duty to the public/community. It can also be true that most cops suck and policing in America needs to be defunded, and the entire criminal justice system reorganized.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 22, 2020

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

https://twitter.com/fromzerotojeo/status/1274963896651198468

Meanwhile, here's the NYPD doing laps in West Harlem with their sirens on at 3am, with fireworks being set off in the background, because they're throwing a tantrum about not feeling appreciated and being protested at.

Sure is some real Protecting and Serving (TM) going on there, eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Is there a blue leaks best of thread?