Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Robin Williams played Warhammer 40k tournaments, which definitely crosses over with goons

whut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Henry Cavill paints Warhams and prefers PC's so he's probably a forums superstar.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Robin Williams played Warhammer 40k tournaments, which definitely crosses over with goons

He was also a huge into the Battlefield games. I’m pretty sure he was a goon.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

FilthyImp posted:

Henry Cavill paints Warhams and prefers PC's so he's probably a forums superstar.

He's said in interviews he prefers sitting around in shorts and a t-shirt playing Total War: Warhammer II than going out.

Definitely fit in here for sure.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The last Warhammer 2 dlc literally added Henry Cavill as a character, although he probably isn't a goon, he plays goon games

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I believe the evidence for Jon Stewart being a goon was that he said "comedy gold" once.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
I would not be the least bit surprised if Robin Williams had been a goon honestly.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I’m an e-lebrity

The New York Times
Mar 2, 2013

Call
1-800-NYTIMES for FREE home delivery

zakharov posted:

I believe the evidence for Jon Stewart being a goon was that he said "comedy gold" once.

Haha that’s amazing. Generations of hack comedians would probably disagree with that evidence.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

I Said No posted:

I would not be the least bit surprised if Robin Williams had been a goon honestly.

Great, another goon who's killed someone.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!

Moo the cow posted:

Jesus fuckin christ dude.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Captainsalami posted:

Jesus fuckin christ dude.

<welcometosomethingawful.jpg>

The New York Times
Mar 2, 2013

Call
1-800-NYTIMES for FREE home delivery
Somebody check to see who got permabanned right before he died

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

His daughter Zelda is honest-to-goodness named after the video games. Robin Williams was as much a nerd as anyone here.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Moo the cow posted:

Shazbot!

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Your ad is always amazing. Do you still grow and sell the cat drugs?

i do it as my supplemental income hobby now. i'll probably get a thread up in samart in a few weeks

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
If you are a famous irl goon please pm me, thank you

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Henry Cavill, cgi stache Superman, is absolutely confirmed as playing Warhammer video games in his free time.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Henry Cavill, cgi stache Superman, is absolutely confirmed as playing Warhammer video games in his free time.

he's in The Witcher because he loving loved the video game so much he read the entire book series and basically told his agent "get me the role of Geralt and don't loving call me back until you do"

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Kerbtree posted:

Oh, gently caress me. Chibisoma, who lost his goddamn mind over Monster Hunter.

I vaguely remember the rant that caused him to explode, but do you remember what it was about specifically? I think it was something to do with changes in MonHun World.

Preemptive apology if this takes the thread down a MonHun derail.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

I vaguely remember the rant that caused him to explode, but do you remember what it was about specifically? I think it was something to do with changes in MonHun World.

Preemptive apology if this takes the thread down a MonHun derail.

His ban leads to it. In general he was a huge angry baby about his hobbies and toxxed himself that a Monster Hunter game would never get ported to the US.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Reading the rest of their posts about World is really funny because of how wrong they ended up being.

ChibiSoma posted:

It's almost like they should stop selling rushed trash for 60 dollars then whining about it not selling millions of copies! It's almost like people want quality in the things they buy and hype doesn't actually loving mean anything!

Guys. It's almost like Capcom is a lovely developer!

I don't loving buy the 'can't afford a translator' bullshit. Two-thirds of Double Cross is in the books. There's no platform or release date conflicts. The only thing those dipshits did is split an already small player base and made both sides even more toxic to the other. Hey, I got a fuckin' hot scoop for y'all - World ain't gonna sell the millions they're banking on it selling. Dumbing down systems because people are too retarded to understand the difficult concept of 'run a little ways away before healing' and removing area transitions isn't gonna magically make people gravitate towards the loving series. Especially if they feel burned from Capcom not translating the game they were excited over.

Pretending World is some second-coming of the series when it's going to do garbage numbers in reality is ridiculous. Japan prefers mobile, so it's not even gonna do huge numbers over there. But just because consoles are more popular than handhelds in the west doesn't mean a god drat thing when you've pissed off a chunk of your niche base. And if you want millions sold, you need to really not loving be doing that, because you sure as poo poo aren't making those numbers up in new players! You need every player you can get, and that isn't going to god drat happen.

tl;dr: Capcom is Konami Part II and Yoshinori Ono is no Hideo Kojima. This is a hail mary. One way or another, Monster Hunter dies with World. Either because it didn't perform to their ridiculous estimations or because the company goes under.

Edit: The short version for this is that World is Capcom's best selling game of all time and has sold over 15 million copies, 3 times as many as the next closest MH game.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jun 21, 2020

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Capcom did seem like it was going the way of Konami for a while, but Inafune leaving actually seemed to be the catalyst for massive improvement.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Which army?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

OwlFancier posted:

Which army?

I'm def thinking Orks

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

OwlFancier posted:

Which army?

Judging from his performances, whoever the gently caress the chaos dudes are.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Judging from his performances, whoever the gently caress the chaos dudes are.

Right energy level, but not enough whimsy.

I'm calling Eldar.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Error 404 posted:

Right energy level, but not enough whimsy.

I'm calling Eldar.

Not enough drugs.

DARK Eldar.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Don Gato posted:

Not enough drugs.

DARK Eldar.

Well, poo poo.

Now we're right back at chaos.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Orks is a strong one cos it gives you a lot of opportunity to do voices.

Either that or, like, adepta sororitas just so you can voice saint celestine as mrs doubtfire.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

Either that or, like, adepta sororitas just so you can voice saint celestine as mrs doubtfire.

I have never needed something so badly and not known it in my entire life.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Robin Williams owned multiple 40k-scale titans, including a Warhound, a Reaver, and an Eldar one.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Does the Slylock Fox guy still post in the newspaper comics thread?
My recollection is that he only posted once or twice and basically just said that he was glad people liked his comics.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm def thinking Orks

:dudsmile:

CPColin posted:

Shazbot!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Tiggum posted:

My recollection is that he only posted once or twice and basically just said that he was glad people liked his comics.

He was pretty active on the Doobie threads(as evidenced by the infamous strip)

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

RFC2324 posted:

He was pretty active on the Doobie threads(as evidenced by the infamous strip)

That wasn't the actual artist. There was a big la de da about Doobie a few pages back that cleared a lot of the misconceptions.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

OwlFancier posted:

Which army?

Flaming pink gay eldar.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodbowl/...utm_name=iossmf

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

pentyne posted:

That wasn't the actual artist. There was a big la de da about Doobie a few pages back that cleared a lot of the misconceptions.

given the artist is the one who actually posted it, and stated that yes it was his work at the time, I'mma gonna go with this thread was wrong.

I remember when it was posted and everyone went "Oh yeah, you post here!" because it was my first brush with a famous goon

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN