Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
lol

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2011-bmw-328-46/?utm_source=transactionalemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bat_watched_listing_ended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
When I had my first good job out of school in 2010 I thought about buying a 328xi 6 speed sport package wagon, but saved money and got a 128i instead. In hindsight, I should have gotten the wagon. What the gently caress is up with these valuations??

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
That one I can kind of understand because it's a 6 speed and really low miles but in general the market for BMW wagons is just insane

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Back to ricing up enhancing your shitboxes.
What is a best way to do a shadowline? My e30 has all trims but the top one in black. Original shadowline are not an option. Sanding, priming, painting? Wrap?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Wrap, imo

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

22 Eargesplitten posted:

$2500, but also I've only ever bought two cars, both from dealerships, and had a much more specific idea of what I wanted rather than just "beater that won't make me fall asleep." Both of those were also at most 10 years old rather than 33, and had no other trims they could possibly be, so I knew what I was getting going into the dealership. I wasn't sure if people could like apply for a new title or report it stolen or something with a VIN, quite a few people even cover up license plates for photos these days. My favorite was the guy that photoshopped it to say 8675309.

I haven't reached out again after my first message failed to send because somehow my app settings got screwed up. We'll see what he says. My first choice is still the '92 Legacy Turbo, partially because I know half of the stuff on that car already, but the BMW might be the second choice thanks to the cheap AW11 that I was interested in turning out to be an automatic.

E: If it does turn out to be fine (at 33 years old it's entirely possible that the tach is just a junkyard pull from a 325e), any common issues to check for around 140k miles? He said it needs an alignment, so I'd be checking for chassis damage obviously. He also mentioned it had just gotten new tie rods, but that could either mean the old ones wore out or there was an accident and the old ones got bent.

post a link to the ad

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I was about to, then when I went to the ad it was deleted, so maybe it sold. Oh well, there's a surprising amount of stuff out there for cheap right now.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Alarbus posted:

I buy them periodically throughout the raffle to get a chance at winning the monthly prizes. It hasn't worked yet, but I keep hoping.

I thought the monthly prizes worked like the st jude prizes worked. Where if you bought a ticketat the start your entry is good for all the monthly prizes? Maybe im dumb and thats inaccurate. Just read it, yea im dumb, oh well, here's tonthengoft card this month!

fyallm fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jun 20, 2020

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I’m getting horned up boys

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
That's a nice looking red.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
is that a carbon door

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

rscott posted:

in general the market for BMW wagons is just insane

In what way? I bought a E91 wagon for pretty cheap and it's great.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

the market on e9x is insane in general, and i think it's only going to get insanerer

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010

Bape Culture posted:

I just went from six to midnight

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Bape Culture posted:

Imola? Hellrot? Looking great regardless!!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
thats imola, nobody would put disgusting hellrot on that car

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

BraveUlysses posted:

thats imola, nobody would put disgusting hellrot on that car

Bite your dirty tongue, you!

On another front--:siren:Attention all DCT M owners (& non-M)!!:siren:

Slon-Workshop, [somewhat elusive] maker of a highly-regarded DCT oil pan kit is in the midst of a group buy offering their popular bottom cover for up-to $325 off, shipping included. Highlights: CNC'd aluminum pan replaces factory, leak-prone plastic piece, adds improved cooling capacity, increases oil volume by 0.8L, includes pickup tube spacer to maintain proper pickup height, and adds rigidity to DCT body. Most importantly can get it in your choice of red or black anodization. Go fast, look fast*:slick:

The group buy is being coordinated over at M3 Post with transactions occurring via eBay. >10 people have indicated intent to purchase, securing the maximum discount, and I, along with 6 others have already paid. I am not involved in coordinating nor am I aware of/receiving kickback.

The kit has long been a trusted product relied upon for many high profile builds found over at M3 Post. Applications ranging up-to stroked 4.6L S65, and Dinan P65 track monsters:
SYT_Shadow's 4.6L S65 Track Build:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAef3HpD7oI
Forum thread on the fun: Super cool S65 stroker

NRBRNG's Motorsport P65 Race Build:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM3No5zFveg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsu4HtpANoA
Forum thread on the fun: Ultra cool ///Motorsport P-engine!

Both above threads are pro-clicks for S65 fans, btw. Yes, this kit is for all BMW DCT-equipped vehicles.
*optional DCT side pan kit can be added as part of group buy further addressing potential leak sources.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

I did it lads

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

thealphabetsez posted:

Both above threads are pro-clicks for S65 fans, btw. Yes, this kit is for all BMW DCT-equipped vehicles.
*optional DCT side pan kit can be added as part of group buy further addressing potential leak sources.

The Big Jesus posted:

I did it lads

Both of these are relevant to my interests

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Both of these are relevant to my interests

Same.

However I see no burnouts??

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

The Big Jesus posted:

I did it lads

Welcome. Car's awesome, innit?

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Ether Frenzy posted:

Same.

However I see no burnouts??

I did a burnout and taught my fiancee how to do burnouts. Some teenager was driving with his mom behind us and we pulled over to let them pass and the mom was like 'no, we want to watch' lmao

dk2m
May 6, 2009
https://www.carmax.com/car/17508614

someone please buy this because this is way too tempting. 100k/60 month warranty adds about 1.5k to this as well. fuuuuuck.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

dk2m posted:

someone please buy this because this is way too tempting. 100k/60 month warranty adds about 1.5k to this as well. fuuuuuck.

Looks nice but the amber reflexes that are mandated in the US really are a crime against cars.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

dk2m posted:

Really? Didn’t carmax warranties become a whole lot more expensive on German/etc cars after the Doug thing?

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14v5Im-PPH0 This was before I had the exhaust made. It’s tamed down a bit now.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

crutt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14v5Im-PPH0 This was before I had the exhaust made. It’s tamed down a bit now.

:sickos:

do you have a build thread? did you use a kit for the install?

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.

BraveUlysses posted:

:sickos:

do you have a build thread? did you use a kit for the install?

No build thread, I used pre made mounts and a pre made harness, but did all the install myself, did an E46 m3 rear diff/suspension/brakes as well. It’s noisy with the twin disk clutch but she pulls really well. Probably gets better mileage on the highway now as well

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

MrOnBicycle posted:

Looks nice but the amber reflexes that are mandated in the US really are a crime against cars.

This is why blue BMW is best BMW. Complementary colors bro!!

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

MrOnBicycle posted:

They are, but fortunately easily replaced and no one gives a poo poo

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

The spice must flow in and through me.
The fire will cleanse me body and soul.

This isn't really a BMW specific thing, but it works so perfectly for the E90, I had to share.
My E90 is a 2008 and even if I added the factory BlueTooth I would only get phone audio, no streaming audio, so that was a nonstarter.
I don't have any desire to swap the stereo at the moment either.
I've been using a BlueTooth receiver / FM transmitter to reduce cable clutter, but the DC connection was a little loose and if you bumped it while shifting, it would turn off and back on, also a bit bulky.

Randomly, I read about the Tunai Firefly BT receiver and it looked about perfect.

Power from USB, receives BlueTooth, and outputs audio to Aux. It does include a longer Aux cable if you need it, but it fits absolutely perfectly in the console of the E90:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

nadmonk posted:

This isn't really a BMW specific thing, but it works so perfectly for the E90, I had to share.
My E90 is a 2008 and even if I added the factory BlueTooth I would only get phone audio, no streaming audio, so that was a nonstarter.
I don't have any desire to swap the stereo at the moment either.
I've been using a BlueTooth receiver / FM transmitter to reduce cable clutter, but the DC connection was a little loose and if you bumped it while shifting, it would turn off and back on, also a bit bulky.

Randomly, I read about the Tunai Firefly BT receiver and it looked about perfect.

Power from USB, receives BlueTooth, and outputs audio to Aux. It does include a longer Aux cable if you need it, but it fits absolutely perfectly in the console of the E90:

This is awesome, thanks for sharing! Getting bluetooth audio in to old cars isn't always easy, but it's something that makes every-day livability that much better, and it's not something I want to compromise on.

Does factory bluetooth on 2009s and up include audio streaming?

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

Residency Evil posted:

Does factory bluetooth on 2009s and up include audio streaming?

I believe factory bluetooth audio streaming capabilities were added in 2011.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think you need to have the idrive stuff for audio. I have a firefly in my 135 and it's perfect. Leave the car on aux, my phone automatically connects and I'm good to go.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I have a Bluetooth speaker in my car that I Velcro’d onto the roll cage :shobon:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

I think you need to have the idrive stuff for audio. I have a firefly in my 135 and it's perfect. Leave the car on aux, my phone automatically connects and I'm good to go.

Yeah I have a 2013 without iDrive and it only connects phone calls. This seems like it would be pretty useful.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

rscott posted:

Yeah I have a 2013 without iDrive and it only connects phone calls. This seems like it would be pretty useful.

It's a trade off - better looking dash or streaming audio.

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

Alarbus posted:

It's a trade off - better looking dash or streaming audio.

Use the Firefly, better looking dash AND streaming audio.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

I have this same exact setup. Works great.

I believe if you have an actual usb port and not
just a charging port in your console they make another model that will allow you to retain your steering wheel controls and change songs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

nadmonk posted:

I believe factory bluetooth audio streaming capabilities were added in 2011.

When I was looking at F31s, the cutoff was like 2013 or 2014.