Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I wouldn't be surprised if the rona has already made it into my work place, three shop people are "out" for unspecified reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Arizona:

Charles Gbekia wasn't wearing a face covering as he headed into a busy bar.

"It's just going to kind of get worse until we do something about it," he told CNN.

When asked why he wasn't wearing a mask, he replied, "I think masks are good, but they act as a placebo. I have family personally lost to coronavirus, so like, I should be wearing a mask, but not when I'm out with my friends."

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Thesaurus posted:

Arizona:

"It's just going to kind of get worse until we do something about it," he told CNN.

When asked why he wasn't wearing a mask, he replied, "I think masks are good, but they act as a placebo. I have family personally lost to coronavirus, so like, I should be wearing a mask, but not when I'm out with my friends."

:thunk:

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the rona has already made it into my work place, three shop people are "out" for unspecified reasons.

I'm filling in next week for someone who takes a yearly trip to SC/FL and I'm pretty sure I will get it once she gets back. My coworkers daughter is headed for the beaches too. They are all just sticking their fingers in their ears and pretending everything is fine.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Thesaurus posted:

Arizona:

We deserve this as a species

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Thesaurus posted:

Arizona:

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

It seems they our only chance to "do something" was during the initial rush of fear in March. That's gone now

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Thesaurus posted:

It seems they our only chance to "do something" was during the initial rush of fear in March. That's gone now

Regular morons have never been afraid of this have they

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

shovelbum posted:

Regular morons have never been afraid of this have they

Unless you're like 105 you don't remember an actual domestic catastrophe in America.

Why would they be scared? It's never happened to them before, they can't even imagine it.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

in some actual good news my employer which is not going back to the office until at least january 2021 is paying the cleaning, cafeteria, and gym staff to stay home (not sure what their original plans were but they made an announcement after some of the engineering staff asked about them on the intranet message boards).

the cafeteria head chef is doing zoom cooking classes and the gym trainers are leading zoom bodyweight workout and yoga classes and it’s actually pretty :3

meanwhile today I confront my employer about letting us work back at home again because I live with my immunocompromised girlfriend and we recently had a positive case at the office

fingers crossed I don't lose my job for the audacity

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

seems bad but at least there's this:

AZ STILL NUMBER 1 BABY REV UP THOSE MORGUES

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Thesaurus posted:

Yeah, I kinda miss those days. Everyone was on edge and social distancing and wearing PPE.

I used to love going grocery shopping on Saturday mornings, but considering everyone has thrown up their hands and said it's too hard, it now fills me with rage by the end of my trip. You see people just acting like it's a normal day, a couple of Karens with "let me speak to your manager" hair were just strolling side by side sipping coffee and just laughing and carrying on like they're the only people in existence.

Entire families out shopping because apparently one parent can't just stay home and watch the kids, everyone has to go and get exposed. Even PPE is practically non-existent now, with maybe one in ten wearing a face mask, and a couple randos just wearing a plastic bag over their hand. Once in a while you'll see a couple where one is wearing a face mask and the other is wearing nothing. No one is even wearing gloves anymore.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
hell, one of my gloves tore on me and I almost had a panic attack.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/NotE0157H7/status/1273799482698686469

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

time to give up and head to the strip club

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/INVESTMENTSHULK/status/1274821729890766849

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Iron Crowned posted:

No one is even wearing gloves anymore.

Iron Crowned posted:

Gloves are pretty much useless as PPE for Covid. Your skin is already an excellent barrier, and is only a method of transmission by being a surface that moves the virus from one place to another. By donning gloves, you've simply added another "surface" over your own, said surface transmitting the virus from once place to the next just as easily.

Don't touch your face and wash your hands regularly, gloves are pointless for this sort of thing.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Gloves are pretty much useless as PPE for Covid. Your skin is already an excellent barrier, and is only a method of transmission by being a surface that moves the virus from one place to another. By donning gloves, you've simply added another "surface" over your own, said surface transmitting the virus from once place to the next just as easily.

Don't touch your face and wash your hands regularly, gloves are pointless for this sort of thing.

I am aware, I look at the gloves as a way to skip a hand washing, because I sure as hell don't want to go into a public restroom if I don't have to.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I stopped wearing gloves but the unstated assumption in 'don't bother with gloves' is that people are doing a good job washing thier hands so there's no reason for another barrier. If surface transmission hadn't turned out to not be a big deal I definitely would still be wearing gloves because I trust my ability to properly remove gloves way more than I do my ability to not miss a spot when washing my hands.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Nah, gloves are pretty good. You want to protect your skin from all the strong disinfectants. You don't want to end up with dry and cracked hands

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

talk about working a desk job!!!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Iron Crowned posted:

I am aware, I look at the gloves as a way to skip a hand washing, because I sure as hell don't want to go into a public restroom if I don't have to.

Don't use them as a step to skip washing though. Washing after glove use in a professional settings is essentially required, as it's extremely likely you'll contaminate your hands while removing gloves, no matter how expert your removal technique is.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Tripping over myself and crawling on the ground to own the libs

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Don't use them as a step to skip washing though. Washing after glove us in a professional settings is essentially required, as it's extremely likely you'll contaminate your hands while removing gloves.

Don't get me wrong, I wash as soon as I get home, I just would rather not have to use a public restroom with all the covid farts and air dryers pushing that stuff around.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

went into a medical center couple weeks back to get a covid test and they required face masks and no gloves for entry

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Zeriel posted:

I've pissed off my parents. They went to a BBQ contest this weekend in our states current epicenter. They didn't tell me they were going. I found out after they made a facebook post. I chewed them out over it.

Mom has diabetes and dad has high blood pressure. They're both almost 60 and have a higher than average chance of death if they catch plague.

They live in a rural area where people think the virus isn't happening. The local high school is having regular football practice and they just had a belated prom a couple weeks ago.

I cant make them take this seriously. :(

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

facetoucher cat posted:

I fear some businesses will not make it out of this pandemic unscathed

Holy crap, I can't believe that store still exists. I made my first ever purchase at one in like 1990.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
https://twitter.com/ohnoshetwitnt/status/1272310312973320192?s=21

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/scottshafer/status/1275063287772672005?s=20

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

This is a great smilie.

Let's call it :snapchat:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

what if some unemployed people helped process the claims? nah sounds like communism

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Relevant Tangent posted:

Theoretically the states couldn't have run out of the Bernie pbuh Bucks but that doesn't mean they aren't going to gently caress people over by making it harder to get unemployment. The cash isn't something the state is supposed to touch just we have X people on unemployment we need $600 * X and the government gives it to them to distribute. Genuinely, it is one of the only successful bipartisan attempts to help unconditionally that's happened in most of our lifetimes.

Yeah, I saw that a bunch of states are moving to that system where you have to re-certify everything weekly. Including a list of 3+ places you applied to, with working phone numbers in a webform you can't copy/paste from/into. You may only certify on one day and if you miss that day you are kicked off of unemployment. If one of your applications is false/can't verify your application you are kicked off unemployment. 50/50 chance that at random you will just be kicked off anyway and have to fight for 3-4 weeks waiting for an in-person appointment since they closed their phone systems.

This was all during regular times, so I think that most people will get away with skirting the legion of bullshit rules since there just aren't enough people to check or hassle the tens of millions of unemployed. They will just throw out an endless amount of small hurdles trying to trip people up and save as much money as possible.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

ArmZ posted:

what if some unemployed people helped process the claims? nah sounds like communism

well then they wouldn't be unemployed anymore, and if they are employed how will they get their unemployment checks?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
I told everyone about the chud owner of my company who has expressed his belief that covid is both a hoax and a Chinese bioweapon. a few weeks ago he ended work from home and he's been vocal about getting California opened back up. Well I came into the office this morning and he's decided to have everyone go back to wfh where possible. Turns out his wife is in the ICU and his brother in law died of covid over the weekend and he no longer thinks it's a hoax...

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

all of Illinois moving to Phase 4 by the end of the week even though we still have hundreds of new cases a day and no contact tracing in place lmao

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mayor Dave posted:

I told everyone about the chud owner of my company who has expressed his belief that covid is both a hoax and a Chinese bioweapon. a few weeks ago he ended work from home and he's been vocal about getting California opened back up. Well I came into the office this morning and he's decided to have everyone go back to wfh where possible. Turns out his wife is in the ICU and his brother in law died of covid over the weekend and he no longer thinks it's a hoax...

life comes at u fast, huh

lmfao

mystes
May 31, 2006

ArmZ posted:

That doesn't sound very American at all. How about if we pay racist cops who've been suspended without pay for murdering black people $500/hour to process unemployment claims instead?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Thoguh posted:

I can feel the mental health of my household slipping recently as things open up and more of our friends who were taking things seriously stop doing so and this just extends out for months with no end in sight.

Check out this person bragging about having friends

(Yeah, I know a bald dude who went for a haircut and hung out with the stylist's family with his wife and GF after and hired a cleaner for some reason during this but her husband was exposed to the covid so I am just unsure of anyone's sanity at this point)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Mayor Dave posted:

Fake news!