Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

StrixNebulosa posted:

I just had the single most gamers.txt interaction I've ever had in my entire life

It's like someone went "Ok, how can I present myself as 4chan as possible?"

Edit:
What a start to a page. Have some bird sounds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvZ2oFBWJic

Baller Time fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jun 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
It's not even the first time I've seen good ol' Ricardo as a Dwarf Fortress-related meme.

Angry Lobster fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jun 22, 2020

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

GeorgieMordor posted:

Does the Steam release of Battlefront II not have native controller support? It did on Origin.

Starting it in Steam though I have to use a controller profile that does the Joystick Mouse emulation thing. Ooof.
It's probably Steam itself being stupid I bet.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

That shade of blue with long twintails... they knew what they were doing.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

StrixNebulosa posted:

Who's the guy in their avatar?

Also I am SUPER hyped for basically everything in this video, I cannot wait for Dwarf Fortress on steam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAhHkJQ3KgY

This was a good watch. I never got into DF because of the ASCII art but for some reason always assumed the game was made by an insane Russian guy. I'm really looking forward to checking it out once it hits Steam.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

explosivo posted:

This was a good watch. I never got into DF because of the ASCII art but for some reason always assumed the game was made by an insane Russian guy. I'm really looking forward to checking it out once it hits Steam.

e: oops missed which videos I linked and such, my bad.

Here is the gameplay look at the steam version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp7DEUzWOfo

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

No, he's an insane American I think

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Insert name here posted:

The joystick mouse emulation thing sounds like the Steam Controller Settings being the dumbest loving part of Steam again. Go to controller settings in the game properties and set it to forced off.

I don’t know why Steam likes to set that to on without telling people, since it’s basically only for the garbage steam controller that no one uses.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The joystick mouse emulation thing sounds like the Steam Controller Settings being the dumbest loving part of Steam again. Go to controller settings in the game properties and set it to forced off.

I don’t know why Steam likes to set that to on without telling people, since it’s basically only for the garbage steam controller that no one uses.

Yeah, sometimes it loads up a "popular" controller scheme automatically. I remember when I first played Dark Souls 3, it loaded one that emulated a mouse for the left stick and replaced the bumpers with right and left click. It was bizarre.

You can go into the settings and make a default control scheme that just maps 1:1 with a controller, then you can always just switch to that.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
people voted once for the most popular control scheme of Garfield Kart to be where any button shuts everything down

https://steamcommunity.com/app/362930/discussions/0/1639789306569252873/

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Begemot posted:

That shade of blue with long twintails... they knew what they were doing.

She is not really Hatsune Miku the executioner but more like Hatsune Miku the stripper, she literally dances on a pole and that's part of her combos.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Samuringa posted:

people voted once for the most popular control scheme of Garfield Kart to be where any button shuts everything down

Oh my god, that's funnier than I expected. The "everything" means the host PC :v:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

StrixNebulosa posted:

I just had the single most gamers.txt interaction I've ever had in my entire life

Well the name checks out at least

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Samuringa posted:

That's hilarious, but I feel for the parents and kids. Nobody who just wants to enjoy their silly cartoon racing game should have to go through Steam Big Picture.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Samuringa posted:

Lmao

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
weird question

i still have about 12 demos installed i haven't checked out..are they timed and i won't be able to launch them after 10am?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Correct.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Orv posted:

Ricardo Milos, a dude from an exceedingly suggestive meme where he dances in a speedo.

Seriously don't google that at work.

DO google it at work, and when your boss asks whats up just go "Aww you spoiled your birthday present!" and wink.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Do not appreciate the heathcliff fandom trolling the garf fandom like this

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Samuringa posted:

... why is that a possible thing you can set a button to do in steam configuration

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Artelier posted:

That's hilarious, but I feel for the parents and kids. Nobody who just wants to enjoy their silly cartoon racing game should have to go through Steam Big Picture.

They did finally make some of those options accessible on the parts of Steam that people actually use — as of a few weeks ago you can at least turn off the “steam fucks with your controller settings without permission or notification” stuff from options.

Why Valve thinks that jamming that feature on without telling people is a good idea, I couldn’t tell you.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

FastestGunAlive posted:

Do not appreciate the heathcliff fandom trolling the garf fandom like this

no one should terrify the neighborhood like this

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Zvahl posted:

no one should terrify the neighborhood like this

/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Why Valve thinks that jamming that feature on without telling people is a good idea, I couldn’t tell you.

It's a really obviously handy feature if you assume the absolute best from your users

This is why sane systems design requires thinking about use cases where people are loving up or intentionally using your software badly

GeorgieMordor
Jan 23, 2015

Insert name here posted:

Is there something I can poke around with to try and fix it? Or is this a "just how it's going to be" thing with Steam?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Patrick's Parabox a.k.a. Sokobanception :goleft:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Fallom posted:

It's a really obviously handy feature if you assume the absolute best from your users

This is why sane systems design requires thinking about use cases where people are loving up or intentionally using your software badly

And why you need to at least inform the users that Steam itself is changing poo poo, because when a game is acting weird or in unexpected ways I’m going to try troubleshooting the game, and not the launcher unless I have a reason to think the launcher is involved in some way.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I didn't really enjoy playing slay the spire. I gave it a couple of chances.

I think Griftlands is going to change my opinion. I really, really liked the demo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
drat with like 65 hours in it and working my way through the hard mode in Demoncrawl I thought I was near the end of it, but the game just introduced like 3 new layers of meta progression and a ton of new mechanics. This is absolutely one of the better bang-for-my-buck purchases I've ever made

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Anyone else with just the worst performance in Shipbreaker? Is it just Early Access Blues or could I do something to fix it? I've got a good enough PC that a game like this shouldn't average 30-40 fps.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Black Griffon posted:

Anyone else with just the worst performance in Shipbreaker? Is it just Early Access Blues or could I do something to fix it? I've got a good enough PC that a game like this shouldn't average 30-40 fps.

The only time it's particularly bad for me is when something breaks and explodes, the ships breaking apart looks awesome but is really taxing. I imagine more on the CPU than anything. What system are you working with? I'm on an i7 6700K with a GTX1070. I'd say outside of those times I get a pretty steady 60 with maybe some dips below occasionally.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

explosivo posted:

The only time it's particularly bad for me is when something breaks and explodes, the ships breaking apart looks awesome but is really taxing. I imagine more on the CPU than anything. What system are you working with? I'm on an i7 6700K with a GTX1070. I'd say outside of those times I get a pretty steady 60 with maybe some dips below occasionally.

I have an i7-9700K and a 2070 Super and will still have it go all slideshow when something explodes. I would figure that’s early access jank more than anything else.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/CellarDoorGames/status/1275132041781227523

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

explosivo posted:

I have a GTX1070 too and if I look at my hardware monitors, the game is 100% maxing out my GPU and sometimes only delivering 40 FPS. That's in addition to maxing out the CPU and turning into a slideshow when large scale destruction is going on. It's kinda weird because the game doesn't seem to be rendering that much stuff.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

This will be interesting I think. Along with Issac, rogue legacy really ushered in the glut of indie roguelikes. At the time I liked it but in hindsight it was pretty poo poo so I'm curious if they are going to incorporate all the best practices that have been sussed out over the years

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

How long do Origin password recovery emails to come? Because I'm trying to get my password back to play Titanfall 2 and the email is taking forever.

Orv
May 4, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

How long do Origin password recovery emails to come? Because I'm trying to get my password back to play Titanfall 2 and the email is taking forever.

Worst I've ever had was an hour-ish? But usually longer than most places.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Cool. Rogue Legacy was fantastic, and I'd like to see the improvement on the formula

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I still find this interview about Cellar Door's last game (Full Metal Furies) very interesting and think about it a bunch:

https://www.destructoid.com/why-is-rogue-legacy-s-follow-up-considered-a-pretty-massive-failure--487156.phtml

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

explosivo posted:

Ryzen 5 2600, GTX1070 and 16 gigs of ram, very comfortable specs, I'd assume. Based on what other people say, I'm gonna go for early access leading to some being lucky and some (like me) just being unlucky.