Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1275513234930401281?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Can you imagine if a judge tried that in the US, oh the tweets. The sweet beautiful tweets.

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Evil Carl Sagan knocked down a peg

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Nothus posted:

What the gently caress? So much for the union.

This is based on the last deal the sides agreed on, which was in March. After the owners offered three deals in which the players would pay more games but not make any more money than the March deal, and one deal in which they'd made slightly more money but would have to pay the league out of pocket if the playoffs got cancelled, the owners then demanded the union agree in writing that the owners were not negotiating in bad faith. Now they're done negotiating over money but still fighting over health and safety.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol will that work

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1275559351172902913

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Chamale posted:

This is based on the last deal the sides agreed on, which was in March. After the owners offered three deals in which the players would pay more games but not make any more money than the March deal, and one deal in which they'd made slightly more money but would have to pay the league out of pocket if the playoffs got cancelled, the owners then demanded the union agree in writing that the owners were not negotiating in bad faith. Now they're done negotiating over money but still fighting over health and safety.

A lot weaker unions than that have held a firmer line on the definition of good faith, jfc

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I'd consider it. I miss the gym

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

shovelbum posted:

A lot weaker unions than that have held a firmer line on the definition of good faith, jfc

Yeah, the players' union held firm and refused, so they're going with the last-resort plan they agreed to in March with 1/3rd of a season for 1/3rd pay. A big part of this is the optics for the upcoming strike after 2021, because the owners have been exploiting every loophole in the CBA that lets them pay players as little as possible. So a bunch of players tweeted "We're willing to play baseball, tell us when and where" while the owners were constantly leaking things like "It might be more profitable to cancel the baseball season and collect insurance money."

They need to do a bubble like the NBA is planning for any chance of a real season, though. The March plan was to only play baseball in Arizona and Florida if coronavirus made interstate travel unsafe, and uhhhhhhh

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
How is it possible that people in congress are not coming down with the sickness or are they and I just don't know. Isn't the average person chugging Lipitor with a beta blocker chaser

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

net work error posted:

I'd consider it. I miss the gym

I bought dumbbells for my wife some time ago, up to 20 lbs. I hold a 20 on each shoulder and do squats. Then pushups. Then bent-over rows with a 20. Then Arnold curls. 3-4 sets. It's fine. gently caress the gym.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

facetoucher cat posted:

How is it possible that people in congress are not coming down with the sickness or are they and I just don't know. Isn't the average person chugging Lipitor with a beta blocker chaser

I honestly believe many of them are receiving convalescent serum treatment as soon as they test positive. Dying of covid is for the poors.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

austin, san antone & the valley are in deep poo poo

the lower valley is filled with a bunch of really poor Mexican-American communities right?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Zil posted:

Can you imagine if a judge tried that in the US, oh the tweets. The sweet beautiful tweets.
A leader: how dare someone force me to model behavior that will save my people's lives!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

this is gonna be what finally sparks a coup in Brazil

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

papersack posted:

Evil Carl Sagan knocked down a peg

oh god it's like the fedex arrow, i can't unsee it!!

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

papersack posted:

Is this the union approved version? I thought negotiations were still happening.

I thought that was somebody making a joke no fuckin way

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I don't even remember what pre-plague life was like anymore. We were so carefree

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

I bought dumbbells for my wife some time ago, up to 20 lbs. I hold a 20 on each shoulder and do squats. Then pushups. Then bent-over rows with a 20. Then Arnold curls. 3-4 sets. It's fine. gently caress the gym.

I miss lifting heavy. There's no feeling like deadlifting a bunch of weight. :smith:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

I don't even remember what pre-plague life was like anymore. We were so carefree

I remember shaking someones hand in January when they came to fix my roof.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
lmao rip austin

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

I used to go to the movies 5 to 7 times a week lol

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I miss the gym because I miss the environment of zoning out and just listening to music and getting tired. I had to cancel my PF membership because they reopened in my state and I’m not gonna be back in the gym until I am loving VACCINATED and that feels absolutely crazy to say, but I saw what it was like in there when I went to cancel... those people are not safe!

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

this is a cia black site

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

In Training posted:

So you're how the business stayed afloat

I was wondering how it kept going with the massive rise of in home theater and Netflix and poo poo

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

In Training posted:

even if you live in a big city with niche and university theaters thats...i hope your job

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Vin Diesel fast five voice : this is Brasil!

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Kerning Chameleon posted:

real talk: if you decide you want to have kids just for the gently caress of it, gently caress you and your partner forever. individuals should straight up not be allowed to decide whether a human being is forced to exist and then suffer under their care for any number of years. especially with the current world prognosis.

child rearing is morally equivalent to slavery, full stop.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

lmao

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I mean I guess if going to the movies is like your main hobby or you have like a film critique podcast, but if you’re spending 20+ hours a week going to and from the theater and watching full movies every single day, that’s still an absurd time commitment.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
my main contact at one of the companies we work with told me that their hq informed her branch today that they all have to go back to the office at the start of next month, no more work from home

there’s 50+ people and the office is old and cramped

they’re in Florida

:stonkhat:

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

net work error posted:

I miss lifting heavy. There's no feeling like deadlifting a bunch of weight. :smith:

I do too. Even if I could get an oly bar I don't have the space for it. But gently caress if I'm going to a gym ... maybe ever? Looking forward to year round cycling.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I wonder what incentives exist for offices to go back to normal. isn’t WFH literally cheaper for... everyone involved?

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Bust Rodd posted:

I wonder what incentives exist for offices to go back to normal. isn’t WFH literally cheaper for... everyone involved?

subjugation

Bernie Panders
Apr 27, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I'm honestly really down about what's about to happen in the rural and especially the small-town parts of the country.

It's easy to gloat about chuds loving around and finding out, but I think about my dad's hometown back in central PA. Already ravaged by deindustrialization and hard drugs, they have no idea what's coming, because they have been systematically lied to by everyone in a position of responsibility.

this is part of the plan because it's how white supremacy is fomented

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Harder to micromanage your peons workers

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Flunky posted:

this is a cia black site

wrong, they dont allow black people there

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

In Training posted:

like as a job?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

net work error posted:

a single ~35lb kettle bell can do a LOT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Holy lol Cali over 6k cases