Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Random non-English words being blocked because if you change three letters it spells something dirty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Can’t name a class Assault :tutbutt:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Let wretched edgelords who deserve to die run around saying the n word but by all means dont let me write "poo poo" in my loadout name that only I will see (and you know its just a liability thing with streaming)

PlisskensEyePatch
Oct 10, 2012

Enigma posted:

Whatever system they have for a profanity filter is garbage.

Profanity filter will not let me put a tag of any sort. My only guess is it flags my current in-game name, "enigma," due to the three letters in the middle, but since it carried over from an existing battle.net user name it let me bring the name to CoD just fine.

Meanwhile there are character replacement versions of actual slurs just running around.

Hey, if you were playing this morning you killed me.

Good job!

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

PlisskensEyePatch posted:

Hey, if you were playing this morning you killed me.

Good job!

Wasn’t me, but maybe next time!

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

codo27 posted:

Let wretched edgelords who deserve to die run around saying the n word but by all means dont let me write "poo poo" in my loadout name that only I will see (and you know its just a liability thing with streaming)

I die a little more inside every time I can't use this username because it contains an "inappropriate word."

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I havent been able to give a character my last name in NBA2K in years because of the profanity filter.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

got a chopper gunner on shipment with a variable zoom scope HDR :getin:

PlisskensEyePatch
Oct 10, 2012
Heart beat sensors are worse than 99% of the match using sniper rifles.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Some motherfucker on a domination game of Arkhov peak dropped a vtol, gunship at the same time immediately followed up by a chopper gunner

t:mad:

His team still lost tho

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

gently caress you, Activision. Release it on MW you loving cowards

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The one time I used gunship instead of The Chop it was the worst

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Enigma posted:

Whatever system they have for a profanity filter is garbage.

Profanity filter will not let me put a tag of any sort. My only guess is it flags my current in-game name, "enigma," due to the three letters in the middle, but since it carried over from an existing battle.net user name it let me bring the name to CoD just fine.

Meanwhile there are character replacement versions of actual slurs just running around.

I can't set a clan tag because it sees the "nig" in Nighthand and blocks anything I do for profanity, yeah.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Did they nerf the Grau?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Heartbeat sensors are good, and make the game more tense and fun.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

gently caress you, Activision. Release it on MW you loving cowards

This is violence. What the gently caress.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Sub base when

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Give me Favela so I can replicate one of my favorite personal gaming moments (with the kali sticks probably): Playing against a clan, seeing my whole team rage quit as they slaughtered us, switching to my knife build when I was the only one left and utterly decimating them.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

RCarr posted:

Did they nerf the Grau?

Allegedly mid season update

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Black Griffon posted:

every time someone posts about this xclusive guy I'll put a terrible attachment on my weapon just in spite

my most used weapon doesnt have an attachment slot :)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

New core MP playlists! 10v10 moshpit stuff is fun.

The one where you just start with a knife and empty pistol sounds sweaty as hell.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

What makes boots on the ground war different

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

drunken officeparty posted:

What makes boots on the ground war different

No IAVs I think

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

codo27 posted:

Also in a game with player banners that say things like "I'll gently caress you up!"

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

priznat posted:

No IAVs I think

Not UTI’s either.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

soggybagel posted:

Not UTI’s either.

finally, i'm tired of it burning when I pee

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

priznat posted:

No IAVs I think

But I need to run over 50 people can you put it back to normal mode please

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Man, how do you guys even play this game on PC? I have a really high end machine, and the BR mode hitches to the point unplayabaility when there's a gunfight.

Anyway, Rumble was disappointing, it's just Ground War TDM where you parachute in. I thought it was going to be like the Blackout 50v50 which was amazing.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Manxome Foe posted:

Man, how do you guys even play this game on PC? I have a really high end machine, and the BR mode hitches to the point unplayabaility when there's a gunfight.

Anyway, Rumble was disappointing, it's just Ground War TDM where you parachute in. I thought it was going to be like the Blackout 50v50 which was amazing.

Make sure you shut down Firefox or any other memory hogs because CoD PC needs a lot, apparently.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Manxome Foe posted:

i've had no problems ever with a medium end pc, but i've had friends recently say the new update (season 4) has caused performance issues for them and they have better pcs than me

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I have it on PS4 and its the only game that kicks on a loud fan and its loud enough I basically have to wear headphones.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Been enjoying playing with the mp5 lately. Does anyone have any favourite “laser” builds?

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Does plunder count toward warzone kills for unlocking skins?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Yes

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Nice, it's also a lot more fun than regular warzone.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Manxome Foe posted:

Let me guess. You have amd hardware and think it's high end?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Did the MP5 get a buff or something? heaps getting around lately. Presumably someone made a video about how good it is? I was using it long before MP7 meta came around and didnt find it that good, although better than the mp7 at the time for the way I played.

also why the gently caress cant you have a party greater than 6 people for 10v10 playlists?

the CR-56 is like a SCAR that doesnt feel like running through molasses.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Laserface posted:

Did the MP5 get a buff or something? heaps getting around lately. Presumably someone made a video about how good it is? I was using it long before MP7 meta came around and didnt find it that good, although better than the mp7 at the time for the way I played.

also why the gently caress cant you have a party greater than 6 people for 10v10 playlists?

The streamer meta in WZ is M4/Grau and MP5 overkill loadout, so everyone uses it now, which is funny because most people aren't as good as the big streamers so they run around without ghost and get hosed.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Laserface posted:

The MP5 has been arguably the single most stable main meta weapon since release and it's seen 2 rounds of nerfs

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Oh I just used it because i got some red blueprint and thought it looked cool :shobon:

It’s not as good as the M4 I usually use but it seems to let me run fast and aim speed and fire rate is exciting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I dont really think the gun meta is that important since i regularly out-gun people using the 'wrong' weapons. There is definitely a few best in class but you are always going to win a gun fight if you have positioning and the element of surprise. picking something that works to your playstyle is far better than stacking attachments for a 2 frame ADS advantage.

They gotta do something about jump-shooters though holy gently caress it is annoying.