Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

snaeksikn posted:

WA will have no restrictions in place barring the hard border and to remote aboriginal communities come July 18. Relocate the whole league here.

Agreed except on a permanent basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

cmndstab posted:

Agreed except on a permanent basis.

Fine by me

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
What kind of lunatic would attend a 60k game in July

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Pretty hairy 48hrs coming up. Qld and NSW could close borders with Vic putting the next couple of rounds in limbo. Essendon might have their entire backline in isolation and we might have to relocate the comp to WA for the next month or so!

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Do what has to be done just keep playing footy

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Quantum Shart posted:

Pretty hairy 48hrs coming up. Qld and NSW could close borders with Vic putting the next couple of rounds in limbo. Essendon might have their entire backline in isolation and we might have to relocate the comp to WA for the next month or so!

gently caress that'd be funny, last minute flights out of Melbourne by all the Vic teams to avoid being stuck in a 8 week lockdown

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Only one player deemed a close contact of McKenna lol

What is a close contact if it isn’t team mates you did contact training with?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I like that the only close contact is conveniently a guy who hasn't played in over a year.

So move the Essendon and Melbourne's games to thursday and friday night this week and make them re-do that game midweek next week?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Apparently if you’re a footballer it takes a MINIMUM of 15 minutes of rubbing all over each other to transmit the disease. Must be nice

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

realbez posted:

What kind of lunatic would attend a 60k game in July

If we havent had any cases for a month, then I would be ok with it.

Its possible for the players and the crowd to be completely separate and never come into contact with each other, so we wont catch those dirty eastern states germs.

I understand that having no covid seems like a distant dream to victorians, but we are close over here in the best state.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Yeah they could close the lower bowl and have distanced seating and get a fair few people in there

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Send the grand final this year to Perth imo

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/FootyRhino/status/1275298932860411906?s=19

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Step One: convince AFL to temporarily relocate entire league to WA
Step Two: announce immediate secession from the rest of the federation
Step Three: conviscate the passports of the good teams, expel the lovely ones

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

Step One: convince AFL to temporarily relocate entire league to WA
Step Two: announce immediate secession from the rest of the federation
Step Three: conviscate the passports of the good teams, expel the lovely ones

Oh no, please don’t leave the federation WA, what ever would we do without your steady supply of garbage LNP federal members

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Solemn Sloth posted:

Oh no, please don’t leave the federation WA, what ever would we do without your steady supply of garbage LNP federal members

How quickly Scotty L is forgotten

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

They should let people fly to Perth and be put in a special section of the stands with other quarantiners. Call it "The Colony".

Also Melbourne played WC in Round 1 so I assume we can't be a team to fly there.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Looking like McKenna recovered from his asymptomatic case after posting a negative result.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Is that normal for Covid? They reconfirmed that the tests on the weekend are definitely positive, but now its negative. Didn't realise it was capable of working like that.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

thepokey posted:

Is that normal for Covid? They reconfirmed that the tests on the weekend are definitely positive, but now its negative. Didn't realise it was capable of working like that.

I mean at some point your body fights it off or it does not.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I mean, yeah, I just wasn't aware it could happen within like 3 days

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Well if the body eventually fights it off, there would have to be two consecutive days in there somewhere, in which day one you test positive, day two you test negative.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

True, but he also tested negative for it 2 days before he tested positive? So he only had it for a maximum of 4 days? Not saying I don't believe that, just wasn't aware Covid worked that way

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The suggestion is that the positive test was a false positive caused by a faulty or contaminated test

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Lol so that WA quarantine thing sounds like a good opportunity to send Melbourne and Essendon over to make up their game, except Melbourne and Essendon both played the Perth teams in round 1.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

The suggestion is that the positive test was a false positive caused by a faulty or contaminated test

I thought they said the reconfirmed that the positive test actually was positive?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

thepokey posted:

The tests aren't that flash. They can give false positives by picking up inactive bits of virus RNA hanging around the body for months after you get infected, and they can also just gently caress up for whatever reason. You can potentially tell if he ever had the disease via an antibody test but some of those a pretty crap too because they pick up antibodies from all the other random coronaviruses that cause colds.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Also apparently kids in Ireland were routinely given the BCG vaccine until a few years ago so McKenna more than likely got a couple of shots of that as he was growing up. That could be a reason for the weird test results if the virus was trying to get a foothold but couldn't or what kept to an extremely low level due to the vaccine.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Looking at the tips for round 3 and Port vs Eagles at Metricon, that's a bit harsh. Finally memorizing whatever they're calling Docklands this year, that's getting stupid too.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I saw this and blurted out a laugh - it's the reason you don't have a coaching gig anymore Ross.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...5bae1d22f76b445

Buckley and McGuire full of poo poo? I'm shocked!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Collingwood investigating the alleged abuse at Collingwood, pictured.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The results of the investigation will be:

"Yep, Herieter was racially insulted constantly maybe once or twice at our club. EverybodyNobody knew about it. But it was done by most peoplea few bad eggs who are still in positions of authority no longer at this club. We are sorry that the black chimp sooked and dobbed us in that it happened. But it is not our fault at all, coz we are weasally liars and protected behind the boys club of the AFL industrygood blokes. In the future we will do nothing endeavor to put vague toothless performative anti racism measures into place. This ends all discussion on the issue."

Signed Eddie "Adam Goodes is King Kong" McGuire

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
:lol: who changed the thread title.

Diet Crack posted:

I saw this and blurted out a laugh - it's the reason you don't have a coaching gig anymore Ross.

This sounds like a plot point in a kung fu movie.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Mike Sheahan can gently caress right off

https://twitter.com/alliplaya/status/1275664415975768068?s=21

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Look at those loving hats. And look at these loving old men not understanding that they misinterpreted what Nicky did and why that might be.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Made myself a team ratings system for my own use in tipping/stats/analysis whatever and pretty happy with how it's turned out - just need to format all the team colours and such - This is for comparing round 3 stats in this image, will add Round 1 & 2 stats in later.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Diet Crack posted:

Made myself a team ratings system for my own use in tipping/stats/analysis whatever and pretty happy with how it's turned out - just need to format all the team colours and such - This is for comparing round 3 stats in this image, will add Round 1 & 2 stats in later.

You got Melbournes rating right at least

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Diet Crack posted:

Wot? That’s literally the cliche Ross would bring out at the press conference of every win he had at Freo “bank the four points and move onto next week”, he’s clearly forgotten the last 10 years, or knows that’s why we never won a GF under him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
feels like the forums are finishing up so I want to thank you all for a great series of threads over a couple of decades.

go team, go

-- deep square leg