Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Popete posted:

If anyone else wants to register they are waiving the :10bux: for Goons if you post in the Games thread here

:hmmyes:

thanks, Cubsposting is eternal and must continue on with or without SAS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Ya, I signed up at BnR in case it really goes south here, and I’m in various discords too. Hopefully the forums get to stay under new management

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Now I just need someone who isn't me to make an MLB thread :ohdear:

https://breadnroses.net/threads/mlb-offseason-thread-we-might-actually-have-mlb-games-in-2020.1015/

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
This is weird, I'm posting here but also posting there

:aaaaa:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Not gonna join a new forum. I think if SA dies, my posting career will too. Or I’ll do actual effort posts with research and pitch to publications.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

GalacticAcid posted:

Not gonna join a new forum. I think if SA dies, my posting career will too. Or I’ll do actual effort posts with research and pitch to publications.
Effortposting? The hell is wrong with you?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Popete posted:

This is weird, I'm posting here but also posting there

:aaaaa:

Cubsposting

in

S T E R E O

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Popete posted:

If anyone else wants to register they are waiving the :10bux: for Goons if you post in the Games thread here

apparently it's open reg season now, no need to bother them about it (as i just did)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

GalacticAcid posted:

If this forum dies and we can't find another forum in 2020 then I'll just accept change and finally start a blog.

Wait, what? You say... in 2020? Really?

How's livejournal doing?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
A blog is what I’ve always dreamed of.....reams and reams of my own Posts with no one to disagree or challenge my logic.....

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

GalacticAcid posted:

A blog is what I’ve always dreamed of.....reams and reams of my own Posts with no one to disagree or challenge my logic.....

I've been doing that here since 2009

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

If this forum dies and we can't find another forum in 2020 then I'll just accept change and finally start a blog.

Wait, what? You say... in 2020? Really?

How's livejournal doing?
I'm taking my talents to Xanga

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Mlb.com posted a list of new rules including NL DH and runner in second in every half inning after the 9th? I thought those were only if the players accepted the proposal?

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy
I have barely been posting anyway, but it would feel weird to not even have anything to lurk so I think I'll make a bnr account anyway. I'll be fwiz over there.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Mlb.com posted a list of new rules including NL DH and runner in second in every half inning after the 9th? I thought those were only if the players accepted the proposal?

I think this is stuff the players agreed to back in March when this all began? And all the negotiations were the owners just trying to shortchange the players from their original agreement to take a prorated salary? Union refused to give in so the owners finally agreed to just pay them and take the original deal. I think?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Both are covered under the health and safety changes the players agreed to, but will not be in force for 2021.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Spring training hasn't even started yet and my shitposting is in midseason form.

Just tell me where and when.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Inspector_666 posted:

Cubsposting

in

S T E R E O

It'll be 7.1 surround sound before midnight with all the discords and offshoots popping up.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
It was a pleasure posting my bad baseball takes for all of you to read over the years.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Just realized we aren't getting a Billy Mays memorial gdt this year, gently caress

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
there are still some good things about this sport https://twitter.com/AdamMcCalvy/status/1275924762934509568?s=20

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Illinois is moving to Phase 4, which allows limited attendance at sporting events, so the Dogs are playing home games again in July. As much as I would enjoy reuniting the Chicagoland Baseball Oafs, I can't imagine trying to go to a live sporting event right now, holy moly.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Where are the Blue Jays going to play if the l they can't cross the border? Buffalo? Dunedin?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

Illinois is moving to Phase 4, which allows limited attendance at sporting events, so the Dogs are playing home games again in July. As much as I would enjoy reuniting the Chicagoland Baseball Oafs, I can't imagine trying to go to a live sporting event right now, holy moly.

Based on my limited driving around the suburbs it'll probably be packed.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Going to games after bitching about how boring baseball is to own da libs

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Given Houston’s current exponential rate of infection thanks to Abbott and the rest of the GOP death cult, there’s no loving way anyone sitting in MMP for 3+ hours in late July is going to escape without catching covid. The whole idea of a truncated season even happening with actual crowds across the country is absolutely insane to me.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm going to be completely honest. I hadn't even considered that they were going to have crowds.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

R.D. Mangles posted:

Maaaaan, America's just giving up on this whole Coronavirus thing aren't ya?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

STAC Goat posted:

I'm going to be completely honest. I hadn't even considered that they were going to have crowds.

Not just crowds in seats, but crowds waiting in line together to go through security and have tickets scanned. Concourses are spacious, but they ain’t that spacious even when you’re talking about reduced capacity crowds of 10k+.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Patrick Spens posted:

Maaaaan, America's just giving up on this whole Coronavirus thing aren't ya?

Giving up implies that we even tried in the first place.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Thinking about that Cliff Lee gif where he starts to walk to first then just waves his hand and says "nah"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Big Mean Jerk posted:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I hope a team I don't like wins the series this year. It would be a huge disappointment but probably on brand if the jays or mariners won a garbage season championship.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
If the Yankees win they we will hear all about how
It’s just as legit as the other 27.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

davecrazy posted:

If the season actually starts, the Yankees will have the entire 40-man roster test positive for COVID. And 20 of the will be injured somehow during the testing process.

This will still be better than the Mets season somehow.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

davecrazy posted:

It'll be as legit as 10 of the 27 :v:

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Where are the Blue Jays going to play if the l they can't cross the border? Buffalo? Dunedin?

Yes

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

CBC was saying the jays might play at the trop, in which case they'll go like 5-25 at home because they suck there.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I still can't get over that Rangers stadium

Compare it to the concept design

https://twitter.com/cdneisler/status/1275890831904387072

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
wow, it looks like a feed supply warehouse