Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo :stonk:

Spoilers for characters in season 5

MOM! https://mobile.twitter.com/TVLine/status/1184107715834109952

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Huh, apparently netflix is in talks with WB about extending the show past season 5, even though the showrunners have called it the final season.

Here's hoping they enjoy a paycheck and keep em rolling.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
That's outstanding news.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

The Lord Bude posted:

That's outstanding news.

It's outstanding news if they keep up the quality rebound from Season Four. If "season six" turns into something of a crapfest like season three did, I'd just as soon they ended on a relatively high note in season five.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I just want more sassy Lucifer and cool angel battles.

There's like a thousand characters in the Bible they could slot in, season after season, but I feel like starting with Cain makes any but a few seem relatively unimportant.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I myself never thought I'd say this, but. I can't believe I preferred this weird cop buddy procedural to the actual comics.

By a lot.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I couldn't get into the comics because of the weird lettering choices and the mumbly maze dialogue. Made it a chore to read.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I couldn't get into the comics because of the weird lettering choices and the mumbly maze dialogue. Made it a chore to read.

The lettering choice was only for Lucifer right? It has a point and is "helpful" in some of the later stories. Also, the Maze thing I want to say gets resolved before the end of the first major arc. It's a really amazing series.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I might give it another chance later on. I read the first few issues, I think, and while it was interesting, having to run a translation in my head for Maze and trying to decipher overly ornate bubbles just made it a pain. If that clears up later in the series, that helps a ton.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I hope it does continue. It seems weird and dumb that it moved to Netflix who basically let them fix it and then randomly it's cancelled. It is a buddy cop show and I think it could pull a few more seasons. Netflix needs shows that that aren't deep serious arcs, foreign, or woke (not that I don't enjoy those but balance), just a fun episodic show about the fuckin devil taking a sebatical on Earth.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

wormil posted:

I hope it does continue. It seems weird and dumb that it moved to Netflix who basically let them fix it and then randomly it's cancelled.

It wasn't random. Between the Netflix deal and the show actually coming out, Netflix got kicked in the teeth pretty hard by several events and has drastically scaled back what it greenlights and become a lot more cancel-happy, choosing instead to focus on sure bets like The Witcher, which have very low production costs and tons of views.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Is there a good set of TPBs for the Lucifer (and sandman) series'?

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

"What's this dance called?"

"'Radioactive Flesh.' It's the latest - and the last!"
I don't think there are any boxed sets but Lucifer Book 1 by Mike Carey has the first ~16 issues. There are five books in total covering the whole series.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Some good news!

https://tvline.com/2020/05/29/tom-ellis-lucifer-contract-season-6-renewal-netflix/

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

He clearly loves the role and is having a blast. When Lucifer ends he'd probably be more then willing to reprise the role on the CW DC shows if asked.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I had read somewhere it was "difficult negotiations" and I was like "Wait, what?". It's not like Chris Evans where he has to swear off all sugar and pasta for 3 years while benchpressing cars.

Still, glad he signed on. I'd loving love it if we went to 15 seasons like Supernatural. Damned good actors, damned good show.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

pentyne posted:

He clearly loves the role and is having a blast. When Lucifer ends he'd probably be more then willing to reprise the role on the CW DC shows if asked.

I'm really hoping we eventually get an episode (whether on Lucifer or CW show) covering what Constantine did for Maze to have Lucifer owe him a favor.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Or even a King Shark cameo.

(big jla dark apokalips war spoilers)
They had to go SOMEWHERE on that date...

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

I had read somewhere it was "difficult negotiations" and I was like "Wait, what?". It's not like Chris Evans where he has to swear off all sugar and pasta for 3 years while benchpressing cars.

So what you're saying is you haven't watched the show? Or at least not season 4?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yes, I've seen him working out and whatnot, but it's nowhere near the crap Jackman had to go through for Wolverine. That's pretty much why he stopped and bowed out. Dude was just tired. He'd been doing it for 6? movies.

Like I said, just struck me as an odd thing to report. No idea if it's true or just some Hollywood rag making crap up.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Ellis has never been anything other than overwhelmingly enthusiastic about the show and the character so it seems a bit of a stretch to me.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Doesn't matter if he loves the role, if they're not willing to pay him what he's worth he's right to threaten to walk. And who's to say how empty that threat is.

Aricascade
Jan 7, 2020

Living like it's 2006
Season 6 does sound promising! But if they have plans to make season 5 the "final" how would they end it there? I am sure they have some kind of big reveal planned perhaps it doesn't tie it all together.

I like the amount of episodes Season 4 had keeping it in line with season 1. It didn't overstay its welcome so if they keep that for 5 and 6 that would be great.
Puts me in the mood to rewatch it and I can see season 4 now without resubbing to Netflix which is a plus.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

zoux posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Variety/status/1275429854414925824

I thought the fifth season was already billed as the final one

Season 6 confirmed as the FINAL final season.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
New episodes start on August 21st, hurrah!

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
So season 5 is going to be a split 16 episode season and we get season 6 to end the show the (hopefully) right way? I am so pumped!

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Did someone share the sizzle reel yet?

https://twitter.com/LuciferNetflix/status/1275066012313026560

Edit: if he doesn't get back with Chloe immediately, he better start loving some dudes. That's canon.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Show might outlast the forums at this point.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Yes, I've seen him working out and whatnot, but it's nowhere near the crap Jackman had to go through for Wolverine. That's pretty much why he stopped and bowed out. Dude was just tired. He'd been doing it for 6? movies.

Your comments remind me of a Chris Hemsworth interview I saw where he told a story about filming Thor. There is a scene of him walking shirtless out of the water and the director pulled him aside and showed him what they got and asked if he felt comfortable with the shot or was it too gratuitous? Chris responses by saying something along the lines of, “Do you have any loving idea what I had to do to get this body? You better make me shirtless every chance you get!”

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

KilGrey posted:

Your comments remind me of a Chris Hemsworth interview I saw where he told a story about filming Thor. There is a scene of him walking shirtless out of the water and the director pulled him aside and showed him what they got and asked if he felt comfortable with the shot or was it too gratuitous? Chris responses by saying something along the lines of, “Do you have any loving idea what I had to do to get this body? You better make me shirtless every chance you get!”

That makes me like Chris Hemsworth a lot.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yay! New trailer for season 5 released today!

It's on every available video streaming service, so just search for it and yee shall find.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Excellent news. I shall watch it directly.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fair warning to all, avoid Twitter until you see the trailer, cause there are a lot of spoilers floating about.

Actually you should avoid Twitter anyway, but this is a good reason as any.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Hopefully what we've seen comes about early in the season.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/LuciferNetflix/status/1283129140108034049

Whoever is running the lucifer netflix Twitter is having a loving blast.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

https://mobile.twitter.com/LuciferNetflix/status/1283129140108034049

Whoever is running the lucifer netflix Twitter is having a loving blast.

https://mobile.twitter.com/netflix/status/1282702466014826496

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
HOW THE gently caress IS THE ACTRESS WHO PLAYS ELLA 40 SOMETHING? That's some kinda magic.

Tyler Whitney
Jan 21, 2020

Why don't you make it sing?

HOW THE gently caress IS THE ACTRESS WHO PLAYS ELLA 40 SOMETHING? That's some kinda magic.

Slicing salads with a knife and fork is truly the gateway to eternal life.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe

Tyler Whitney posted:

Slicing salads with a knife and fork is truly the gateway to eternal life.

This is also true of Snickers bars.

Except for, you know, the "eternal life" part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Show that shows the devil as a generally good guy, keeps getting renewed, two 40 year old women that could pass for in their 20s.... Clearly a deal was made here