Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Into The Mild

my PMs are open. I’d love to get in on this. thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

haven't posted in here in a while but i would welcome the discord PM. believe women!

Android Blues

please pm me a key, byob is the most special place on SA and is the home of friends and fun

Peanut Butler

i am an intermittent yobber but if there is another rebirth of this lovely corner of internet that actively refuses to engage in the worst aspects of posting, or if you want to say, 'hi peanut butler', i can be reached at fakenamethistime@gmail.com

also pm me thing pls, or your favorite recipe that costs less than ten dollars

City of Glompton

forums user Ghost Toast is requesting an invite be sent to them, thank you! :)

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

LSD at the gangbang

i am also a lurker who'd like in on a byob discord, #kitty3344 if that's okay thank you
or a pm on here is fine, if i even get pms. i don't remember what all goes with plat

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
blease PM thank you siluvayne your chill zone has helped me greatly on this day

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Please save me a seat on your chill escape pod.

virtualboyCOLOR

I'll take a PM if possible

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
today we see the actual population of BYOB :dance:

Areola Grande

at least 69 people chillin in solidarity

A Time To Chill

hello yobbers i haven't posted here in several years but i always intended to come back eventually and now that we're in the end times i just wanted to say i love you all!

if i could get a pm with the info for emergency offsites/discords/whatever that would be swell!

<33333

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
highachtane@gmail.com

I mostly lurk but I would really miss BYOB if it was gone!

xcheopis

Hmm.
I have faith these beloved forums can be saved, I rarely post here since I'm too stressed to chill, and I'm not adding another app to my phone.

But I really like the yob and the yobbers and any day now my laptop will be up and running. So. Yes, please, I would like an invite.

God, I need to figure out how to download all three PYF Cute Animals threads!

Goons Are Gifts

69 people chillin

Goons Are Gifts

I'll also post this here, as this is most literally a safety net for posts:

Goons Are Great posted:

Secret mod forum leaks ITT, if you want to download BYOB threads to have them on your hard drive, just in case:

[quote]
A while ago, some goon wrote a thread scraper for SA.

I forked the code and fixed the error messages, then did it again when chrome started hating on http connections or something. It's now the single thing I have available on github, because it would be rude not to let the orginal author know that somebody still loves his dead gay code:

https://github.com/Fumblemouse/SA-Archiving-Tool

To use:

Hit the big green Clone button and download it as a zip file.

Extract the zip file somewhere on your local hard drive.

In Chrome, go Settings -> More Tools -> Extensions and flick the Developer Mode switch on the top right.

There should now be an option to Load Unpacked on the left. Ignoring the untold comedy potential for that phrase, click the option and find the folder you extracted the zip to - by default, SA-Archiving-Tool-master. Select that folder and click the Open button.

All going well you should now have a hard-to-see SA icon on the chrome extension bar. If you visit a SA thread with a thread ID, eg https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...hreadid=3903748 the icon should now be clickable with a single option...Archive.

Click that link, and your local PC will think for a while, depending on your local tubespeed, then display a single page with the entire thread on it. CTRL+S or Rightclick Save As and save it whereever you want. WebPage, Complete will save images also.

Because nothing in life is easy, the saved page's HTML CSS tags refers to something set up by the chrome extension, so it will look a bit crappy in another browser or if you remove the extension. This can be fixed by changing the CSS reference in the Saved As HTML file to the files in the /archive folder from the extracted zipfile - or you could copy the /archive css files into the HTML file's folder and just have the tags as direct links to files (no folder references)

Go crazy!

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

if some password-having legend just dumped the whole db, they'd be doing a great service for the internet as a whole

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Bingo Bango

My PMs are open and I'd love an invite!

super sweet best pal

PM me please

the unabonger
Pm me please

take the moon

by sebmojo
im diseascipline @ gee mail dot com if someone wants to email me

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Waals Vander

Live...
Laugh...
Post...
hello i would like to be apart of this thing

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont have pms but i would like to keep in touch with the yob.

i twit at @eldridge4tn

and i email at carboncpy at gmail dot com

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete
I would like a PM for yet another BYOB Discord. I promise to post eventually.

tangie
pm me

Trying

Application to lurk the discord & append smileys to posts because my keyboard is not a good keyboard.

Literally A Person

Smugworth Wuz Here
Just throwing my hat in the ring. You guys are awesome and I would miss the chance to hang out with you.

https://giant.gfycat.com/SizzlingThickIbis.mp4
THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH vanisher

schmarson

MY DUDES

Please send me a PM. Thank you!

schmarson fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jun 25, 2020

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

prepuce repurposed posted:

today we see the actual population of BYOB :dance:

hey where you at did you get in this 'cord or what

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

Areola Grande

Pahilla the Hun posted:

hey where you at did you get in this 'cord or what

I only 'cord as a last resort. That's why ppl call me papa roach

LONG LOVE THIS HALLOWED FORUM

Literally A Person

Smugworth Wuz Here
Uh, am I dumb or something. I can't seem to 'scord with you peeps???

Manifisto

Literally A Person posted:

did you enter your authentication phrase? that tripped me up, I didn't realize I had to do that.

ty nesamdoom!

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

Manifisto posted:

did you enter your authentication phrase? that tripped me up, I didn't realize I had to do that.

??? i didn't do this and i got in. i don't really know how i got there other than clicking an invite link

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

beer pal

u gotta complete the skill testing question and mail in three yobb o's cereal box tops

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Manifisto

owlhawk911 posted:

??? i didn't do this and i got in. i don't really know how i got there other than clicking an invite link

:iiam:

schmarson

MY DUDES

owlhawk911 posted:

Oh yeah, this is what I did too lol! I'm stuck now.

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Literally A Person posted:

Here's how it works, from BrownianMotion:

post where u want the discord link sent (email, twitter, SA pms)

i will send you the discord link and a word or phrase, type that word or phrase into the auth-me channel and i'll LET YOU INTO EL DORADO [BYOB extended edition]

------------
I think they are offline right now, but I'm sure they will take care of the pending requests soon.

City of Glompton

thank you barking gecko! no poster or lurker left behind!

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

FluffieDuckie

Even if you do all that right, I'm not sure if you can just get in or if Brownian needs to push a button. They're not around right now so there might be a lag.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person

Smugworth Wuz Here
Ohhhh...I think I know what's up. Another fine 'yob sent me an invite perhaps without knowing that I'd need to get a specific invite from a specific poster. I think I get it now.

I would like a PM with a passphrase if that's a possibility. When you have the time of course.