Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOST ANTICIPATED FYTER FEST MATCH
This poll is closed.
Mox vs Cage 7 6.67%
Shida vs Ford 2 1.90%
Best Friends vs Hangman and Kenny 47 44.76%
Jericho vs Orange 49 46.67%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Crapple! posted:

A lumberjack match that I actually liked? I'm so used to the dogshit matches they do in WWE that I was shocked. Wardlow is such a great athlete. I'm glad he's on the FF card and honestly, it might actually be time to move him away from MJF. It's starting to feel like it's run its course and the faces could use another giant dude to feud with the likes of Archer, Brodie, Cage etc.

Agreed on this and it feels like groundwork has been laid for this. MJF has had a few moments of entitlement that have been played off by him as jokes. All you'd need to do would be to have Wardlow start to react just a little more.

After that it's just a matter of having the right thing for MJF to expect that Wardlow will do for him, and the right way to refuse. You could do something as simple as a battle royal for a TNT Title shot, where Wardlow and MJF are the last two, MJF tells him to eliminate himself, and he refuses. Or any one of a number of ways Wardlow could be expected to make a sacrifice.

Diplomat posted:

Is there any way Pac could have returned to the USA similar to Penta and DO? Would love for him to interfere during the match at Fyter Fest.

Not without a fairly lengthy quarantine, if at all. And if he came over he'd have to stay in the US for quite some time as going back would be no picnic.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jun 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Lamuella posted:

After that it's just a matter of having the right thing for MJF to expect that Wardlow will do for him, and the right way to refuse. You could do something as simple as a battle royal for a TNT Title shot, where Wardlow and MJF are the last two, MJF tells him to eliminate himself, and he refuses. Or any one of a number of ways Wardlow could be expected to make a sacrifice.

I actually thought this might have happened during the last battle royal. Fyter Fest seems like a decent place to do it as well. Give Jurassic express a big win because MJF screwed up and when he tries to blame Wardlow he just loses it. Might be something they want to put in front of a crowd though so I dunno

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Crapple! posted:

I actually thought this might have happened during the last battle royal. Fyter Fest seems like a decent place to do it as well. Give Jurassic express a big win because MJF screwed up and when he tries to blame Wardlow he just loses it. Might be something they want to put in front of a crowd though so I dunno

It probably would be better in front of a crowd, yeah. On the other hand we have no idea when a crowd will be available, so the question is whether this one can go in the back pocket for now.. Maybe, depends what other stories we're telling.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Crowds ain't happening this year, and at this rate probably not next lmao

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

football is going to have crowds in cities where they can and the Texas baseball stadiums are working on allowing crowds also. there will be fans in attendance at wrestling before you even know it

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
if those plans survive the next few weeks i'll be shocked

we're about to hit soaring new record high transmission rates for the roni and deaths are gonna start going up again when the regions getting poo poo hammered right now run out of hospital resources

i hope i'm wrong but i'm incredibly pessimistic right now

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

but none of the people making decisions care about that stuff

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
fair point! lol

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WrestleFigNews/status/1276113577351528450?s=20

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

we can do it.

we have the technology.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

That was a Top 10 episode for sure, really great stuff from top to bottom. That first match felt like some kind of fever dream - 2 big dudes in a lumberjack match but it was actually really good? I can't remember that ever happening before.

Orange Cassidy is a loving superstar. He's unlike anybody else in wrestling, yet you instantly connect with him. It rules so much.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

A Fancy Hat posted:

That was a Top 10 episode for sure, really great stuff from top to bottom. That first match felt like some kind of fever dream - 2 big dudes in a lumberjack match but it was actually really good? I can't remember that ever happening before.

Orange Cassidy is a loving superstar. He's unlike anybody else in wrestling, yet you instantly connect with him. It rules so much.

Luchasaurus has the agility for a big man to really sell someone with the strength to give him some lifts offence, and also to do some big offence himself. He looked better against Wardlow than he has against any smaller opponent. That was a fantastic match, they worked really well together.

Makes me want to see a Luchasaurus/Cage match, because I think that would work super well.

Also hell yeah, big hosses, hossin.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I liked the part where Luchasaurus had to yell at Wardlow to sit back up so he could finish his kick/flippy cover sequence

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

magiccarpet posted:

I liked the part where Luchasaurus had to yell at Wardlow to sit back up so he could finish his kick/flippy cover sequence

If a dinosaur yells at me to sit up, I'm gonna sit up.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Dynamite was great, I'm pretty pumped for this tag match. FTR sounded awesome on the mic, and I am digging B+B a lot more now that they're weird hipster painters who actually get to talk. I just hope everybody stays safe. ugh.

Oh and gently caress Justin Roberts.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So much fun stuff on this week's show. Britt Baker in the Cole Mine, the FTR match, WARDLOW, Hangman calling the Best Friends weirdos during that video package, Sonny and Joey and their whole sleazy 80s neon vibe, the return of CERO MIEDO and of course Main Event Orange. If only Hager and Justin Roberts hadn't been there to provide those little nuggets of poo poo it would have ruled.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

SHIDA rules and destroying a jobber into slapping Penelope kip and even Ricky starks was a great bit

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Best Luchasaurus performance in AEW by a LONG shot

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I had no idea that when people were talking about Jane being the song for OC that you were all talking about that Jane and now I need this to happen. I do think his low effort sharpie jumbotron is pretty funny though so I'm torn. It's a moot point because I really don't think they'd ever get the rights to play the song but that fan made video is definitely rad.

LifeLoveLive
Jun 25, 2020

OctoberCountry posted:

WWE sucks so loving much

Absolutely this

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

boxcarhobo posted:

SHIDA rules and destroying a jobber into slapping Penelope kip and even Ricky starks was a great bit

I was surprised that Ricky was on the heel side, he seemed like he was presented as face last week.

I appreciated how Chuck and Trent were the only ones to actually bother dressing up as lumberjacks for the match, like they didn't get the memo that nobody else was going to do it the traditional way and everyone was just wearing their normal gear. I feel bad for Luchasaurus, I can't imagine wrestling in Florida in June in an outdoor arena, and then add that plastic mask that you know does not breathe at all. That was also probably the first time that I ever saw a superkick hit someone in the solar plexus/sternum region, Marko's height makes for some interesting effects.

I know Sonny Kiss is portrayed as a face, but if Johnny Cage can be one of the good guys doing a drop-splits dickpunch so can Sonny, get Janela to distract the ref and just do it.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Does anyone have a video handy where orange actually enters to Jane? Most feds won’t show video of copy written music for obvious reasons and I haven’t gotten to see orange enter to it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

rotinaj posted:

Does anyone have a video handy where orange actually enters to Jane? Most feds won’t show video of copy written music for obvious reasons and I haven’t gotten to see orange enter to it.

He enters to it versus Joey Janela here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2H7Dju_CR4

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Still catching up because I didn't finish the show last night. Oof, I think Santana tripped trying to whip Hardy into the corner, the way Hardy slid sideways into the ringpost did not look intentional.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Well it's been fun watching AEW with you all but Darby's still in the opening and Justin Roberts is still in the ring so I'm done. It loving breaks my heart but what's one more thing in 20202, y'know?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I know Sonny Kiss is portrayed as a face, but if Johnny Cage can be one of the good guys doing a drop-splits dickpunch so can Sonny, get Janela to distract the ref and just do it.

i kinda like it as a tag move, cuz it looks awesome, but yeah Sonny should just pitch it into his normal moveset, maybe off an irish whip, cause it looks awesome, make it a solar plexus shot idk

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

smarxist posted:

i kinda like it as a tag move, cuz it looks awesome, but yeah Sonny should just pitch it into his normal moveset, maybe off an irish whip, cause it looks awesome, make it a solar plexus shot idk

Maybe if it's cool with Dustin and Cody it can be a variation of that drop uppercut they like to do.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

A dickshot babyface can get away with it so long as it's karma for the heel cheating earlier.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I appreciated how Chuck and Trent were the only ones to actually bother dressing up as lumberjacks for the match, like they didn't get the memo that nobody else was going to do it the traditional way and everyone was just wearing their normal gear. I feel bad for Luchasaurus, I can't imagine wrestling in Florida in June in an outdoor arena, and then add that plastic mask that you know does not breathe at all. That was also probably the first time that I ever saw a superkick hit someone in the solar plexus/sternum region, Marko's height makes for some interesting effects.

trent tweeted that colt came up with the idea and that the best friends then stole it after asking him permission first lol

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
According to Meltzer, Mox tested negative for COVID. Mox is still staying at their house (but in a separated part of the house from Renee) because he doesn't want to leave her side while she is sick. Apparently Renee got pretty sick but is feeling much better now.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is off Fyter Fest even if he continues to test negative, seems like too much of an exposure risk.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
poor Mox / Renee

god drat the McMahons

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
drat I hope Renee gets better. And if Moxley catches it I hope he doesn't get permanent damage because not being able to breathe right is not good for a wrestler (or anyone but you get the idea.) Still he's doing the right thing.

Like, AEW's precautions aren't perfect and they could stand to be safer (if they must run shows at all) but holy gently caress have WWE been making an absolute shitshow of this.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

on the one hand I'm pretty ready for AEW to shutter until this crisis burns itself out (because your leadership isn't going to help you)

on the other hand I'm 75% sure I wouldn't be there when they come back.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jonny Nox posted:

on the one hand I'm pretty ready for AEW to shutter until this crisis burns itself out

They won't

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Jonny Nox posted:

on the one hand I'm pretty ready for AEW to shutter until this crisis burns itself out (because your leadership isn't going to help you)

on the other hand I'm 75% sure I wouldn't be there when they come back.

I get the sentiment, but that's not really something that they will ever do or probably could ever do.

They probably should get the gently caress out of Florida, though.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
The thing is even if Moxley drops from Fyter, NO ONE is going to give Mox/AEW poo poo outside of WWE marks because they actually know that COVID exists

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Like I said earlier, I hope they’re taping all of Fyter Fest now and then hole up for three weeks. They can figure out a Mox-Cage solution once it becomes clear what Mox and Renee’s deal looks like closer to air.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Basically, AEW have built up a bit of people's trust. The points where they've promised something and haven't delivered have been where the universe has stopped them delivering, not where they have just decided not to do what they were planning, or where they're hosed up due to greed or selfishness. As a result, if they were to say "Hey, we're going off air for four weeks while we look for a more secure way of doing shows for you", I think most people would grant them that, they've tended to do either the right thing or at least not the most wrong thing. WWE on the other hand have very little of anyone's trust, and I suspect that as things start to unfold - and as the scale of people being infected really becomes clear, they're going to get some deservedly horrible press.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Like I said earlier, I hope they’re taping all of Fyter Fest now and then hole up for three weeks. They can figure out a Mox-Cage solution once it becomes clear what Mox and Renee’s deal looks like closer to air.

Meltzer said that they were taping tonight as well, so at least Night One should be done. If they do most of Night Two in advance then even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lamuella posted:

Basically, AEW have built up a bit of people's trust. The points where they've promised something and haven't delivered have been where the universe has stopped them delivering

I wish the universe stopped them delivering Mike Tyson, Jake Hagar, Darby Allin et al