Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

420 20 posted:

Hmm no thanks

Imagine being a person who says, out loud and in public, so everyone can hear you, "no thank you, I would prefer not to help battered women", instead of just not saying anything. Imagine being that person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nurrwick
Jul 5, 2007

Absolutely on board for this, thank you for creating the thread to organize a drive.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I just donated $25. I have no ability to post a picture of my receipt because I'm at work on a night shift. But I did donate.

JesusFists
Feb 14, 2005

ong-time listener, first-time caller.

Donated to my local shelter for every dollar I gave to SA (account, platinum, title), as well as the av someone bought me ages ago. Thanks to OP for the idea.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Gave 50 to RAINN and 50 to a local shelter.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Don't post here much lately, but this is more money than I've ever given Lowtax, and luckily my company matches!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Warbird posted:

I wasn't aware that you couldn't define an amount, so I'll have to figure out something there. Regardless, there ya go.

Donated on behalf of forums user Light Gun Man

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
I have donated money to help victims like those of Lowtax.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

i donated despite not having an income

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Gulping Again posted:

i donated despite not having an income

Thank you for donating, however if you are in a precarious financial situation, please take care of yourself first. I wouldn't want anyone to cause themselves to wind up homeless or something via donating.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Goons that wish to donate but cannot due to ongoing interesting times are welcome to fire up MSPaint and swing by the Megaman thread and I'll donate on their behalf.

Speaking of which, working my way through the backlog:

e: caught up for now

Warbird fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jun 26, 2020

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Warbird posted:

Goons that wish to donate but cannot due to ongoing interesting times are welcome to fire up MSPaint and swing by the Megaman thread and I'll donate on their behalf.

I have the means and so I have donated, but I have no idea of what this megaman thread is of which you speak. Presumably there are others in the latter boat but not the former. Link please?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Powered Descent posted:

I have the means and so I have donated, but I have no idea of what this megaman thread is of which you speak. Presumably there are others in the latter boat but not the former. Link please?

I thiiiink they mean this thread?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I have donated to Mission Australia, which is a support network here in Australia.

:siren: I am also the Idiot King in Games that is handing out this tag for the BLM Donation thread :siren:

If you cross post your donation in that thread I will give you the tag if you would like.

Please just mention that you donated towards a Domestic Abuse fund, instead of a BLM related charity, so I can tally the BLM donations separately.
(Like yes I get the irony of giving a Fist tag for a domestic violence related incident, if you would like a DIFFERENT tag that is available let me know and I'll hook you up)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Infinitum posted:

I have donated to Mission Australia, which is a support network here in Australia.

:siren: I am also the Idiot King in Games that is handing out this tag for the BLM Donation thread :siren:

If you cross post your donation in that thread I will give you the tag if you would like.

Please just mention that you donated towards a Domestic Abuse fund, instead of a BLM related charity, so I can tally the BLM donations separately.
(Like yes I get the irony of giving a Fist tag for a domestic violence related incident, if you would like a DIFFERENT tag that is available let me know and I'll hook you up)

Can you come up with something more appropriate as a gang tag? It would be a pretty sweet bonus beyond the knowledge that vulnerable people are being helped.

I didn't offer a gang tag or anything because I am neither a mod nor a digital artist.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If yall can come up with a more appropriate tag I'm down to clown, cause yeahhhhh probably not a real crash hot tag to reward for domestic violence causes.

The issue is
A.) You need to get it uploaded to the SA server for me to use (See Literally A Bird, cause they rule)*
B.) You need to post in games for me to hand it out, because my mini-mod powers only exist there. (So use the donation thread)

Alternatively I am happy to just hand out existing tags that people want

* you can circumvent this process if someone just buys it as an avatar for me to use, but like... that's literally giving Lowtax money for the moment until Jeffery takes over.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I had to disable some browser extensions, but eventually it went through.

Believe women, support women.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
To the people kind enough to donate, don't forget a lot of employers match donations!

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

If I were Jeffrey, and money must be exchanged to acquire SA LLC, I'd commit to donating a percentage of future SA profits to RAINN - at least until the purchase price is donated, if not indefinitely. RAINN will help more women with that money than Lowtax will hurt with his, so it's probably a net positive in terms of karma.

Phlag fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jun 26, 2020

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

As a goon and a survivor of an abusive relationship, this is the least I could do.

JesusFists
Feb 14, 2005

ong-time listener, first-time caller.

Phlag posted:

If I were Jeffrey, and money must be exchanged to acquire SA LLC, I'd commit to donating a percentage of future SA profits to RAINN - at least until the purchase price is donated, if not indefinitely. RAINN will help more women with that money than Lowtax will hurt with his, so it's probably a net positive in terms of karma.

This is a great idea! Also, love your silt strider av / title.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Happy to donate to a good cause.

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

Donated 25 € to a german women's help charity, https://www.frauen-gegen-gewalt.de/en/

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

$25 per month is a good start, and my employer will match if I can figure out the forms...

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I'm going to donate $15 per month for as long as possible, apparently my employer will match but I have to find the form on their website on Monday when I get to work. People in my life have been physically and sexually assaulted in the past and I hope my money can make even a tiny difference to someone who has experienced the same.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

eat poo poo past me

longtimelurker
Mar 12, 2006