Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Obeah posted:

"Totally radical," I say as the extreme ownage moderator who jokingly solicits drunken women for nudes hits the ban button on another person concerned that Lowtax is abusing women.

Wait, did Burt solicit nudes from drunk women too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Can we PLEASE stop bringing this up for the love of God
:negative:

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Spinz posted:

Can we PLEASE stop bringing this up for the love of God
:negative:

It's okay Spinz :) i mean, whomst amongst us right

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Lol got too excited there

Spinz fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jun 26, 2020

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

pm me i didnt see anything from the last debacle

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It's sticked but if you havent visited the Brazilian Anime Megaman Comic it's finished the original 12 issue run and the goons have turned it into a comic jam with each completed page counting towards a donation to an abused women's charity.

Vagabundo posted:

Wait, did Burt solicit nudes from drunk women too?
Someone was drunkposting and instead of giving them a 6er he was like ":grin: hereeeeyyyyy what else u got"

gently caress you Burt you should have lost your buttons for that.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Seems like Jeffrey taking over and Lowtax not being associated with the forums anymore is the best possible solution. Burt will likely need to step down or vanish quietly into the background as comments like the above will follow him now.

But, they’re doing it folks, you can put down your pitchforks. It’s been a crazy 72 hours but the unpaid mods and admins have done a ton to keep this community together despite everything.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Abongination posted:

Seems like Jeffrey taking over and Lowtax not being associated with the forums anymore is the best possible solution. Burt will likely need to step down or vanish quietly into the background as comments like the above will follow him now.

But, they’re doing it folks, you can put down your pitchforks. It’s been a crazy 72 hours but the unpaid mods and admins have done a ton to keep this community together despite everything.

It wasn't even 48, lmfao

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Don't make assumptions until there's ink on paper.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I made a thread about seinfeld on the moon or something. Its very good.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3929877&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Chernobyl Princess from the "Why is my child crying" thread knocked one out of the park today.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

This seems bad and did you see the op rules?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
:getout:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Please contribute to this thread.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Burt Sexual posted:

contribute to the forums by removing yourself from them

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Burt Sexual posted:

Are you drunk?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

Read the room, mate.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Burt Sexual posted:

Please stop contributing to this thread and all threads.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Burt Sexual, go post in this thread. I'm sure they'll be happy to hear from you!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Burt Sexual posted:

Lol, you are a joke.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Burt Sexual posted:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Do you mind contributing this to the thread first, Burt?

Bronze Fonz posted:

loving say it.

Abusing women is bad. Lowtax is a piece of poo poo for being a wifebeater.

Something along those lines.

I'm sure you can.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Burt Sexual posted:

Who are you again?

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Burt Sexual posted:

Please contribute to this thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3929938

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

:respek:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Burt Sexual posted:

Walk into the ocean shitstain.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Walk into the ocean shitstain.

We shouldn't dishonour Tangaroa like that.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3920053&pagenumber=3#post506024763

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Please read this.

I have been the target of intimate partner violence on several occasions and people need to read what Chernobyl Princess wrote.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Please read this.

I have been the target of intimate partner violence on several occasions and people need to read what Chernobyl Princess wrote.

Didn’t have a way of telling her she’s so right. No pms and I ain’t gonna buy it right now.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

jaegerx posted:

Didn’t have a way of telling her she’s so right. No pms and I ain’t gonna buy it right now.

I will let her know through PMs if she has them and I'll mention your support.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Domestic violence and emotional abuse can easily turn your life into a nightmare. I’m a straight white cis male and I ended up on the receiving end of some truly awful, block out your Wednesday for your partner to scream about wanting to kill herself type stuff for months a while back.
It hosed me up, for a while. I couldn’t bring myself to be in a relationship again for years, and I still usually disconnect a fair bit.

gently caress abusers and gently caress lowtax.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
my father was a serial abuser, first emotionally, then physically, to most of the women in his life. mom threw him right the gently caress out the moment he got physical but endured year upon year of him treating her like poo poo, then he would randomly harass my sister up until the day she was murdered, drunkenly calling her at all hours to yell at her about being a financial drain or otherwise put her down due to having to pay for her college(which he had offered to cover in the first place), and the one woman he dated after the divorce got out pretty quickly because she recognized the pattern early on.

death to serial abusers

shackles for their enablers

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Domestic violence and emotional abuse can easily turn your life into a nightmare. I’m a straight white cis male and I ended up on the receiving end of some truly awful, block out your Wednesday for your partner to scream about wanting to kill herself type stuff for months a while back.
It hosed me up, for a while. I couldn’t bring myself to be in a relationship again for years, and I still usually disconnect a fair bit.

gently caress abusers and gently caress lowtax.

I'm sorry you had to deal with that, Ugly. And you too, Fleta, and... poo poo, anyone who's had to deal with an abusive partner/family member. I've had a few in my life. Much as I've been kvetching about my current lovely situation, I have a husband who genuinely loves and supports me, warts and all, and I wouldn't trade that for all the money and Buick Grand Nationals in the world.

Ugly, your post made me want to comment because it's important for people to know that emotional abuse is every bit as damaging --- if not more so, and I know that's a somewhat spicy take --- as physical abuse. Bruises heal, bones mend, but healing a damaged mind is a helluva lot trickier, messy, and with longer-lasting effects. And it's so much easier for the abuser to get away with it when people aren't asking "hey, where'd you get that black eye?" No one sees how wrecked your neural pathways gets in situations like that.

When I heard the poo poo about Lowtax beating women, I felt disgusted. When I watched Logan's FB apology video, I felt nauseous and confused. When it came out that he, the abuser, coerced her into making that video, I literally puked into the wastebasket next to my desk. Because I've been that woman, the woman so scared of being alone, so broken, that she would make a loving FB post apologizing for coming forward, still so enthralled by her manipulative abuser... ugh, I'm feeling queasy again.

I don't know wtf my point is except: not all abuse is visible. And as Ugly pointed out, it happens to menfolk as well. My husband has some horror stories about women he dated before we met, and I can sometimes still see the damage they left him with. And it pains me.

Be good to each other. Be good to yourself. And my PMs are always open.

Also, sounds like Burt could use a cold bowl of dicks for breakfast.

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jun 26, 2020

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I'm sorry you had to deal with that, Ugly. And you too, Fleta, and... poo poo, anyone who's had to deal with an abusive partner/family member. I've had a few in my life. Much as I've been kvetching about my current lovely situation, I have a husband who genuinely loves and supports me, warts and all, and I wouldn't trade that for all the money and Buick Grand Nationals in the world.

Ugly, your post made me want to comment because it's important for people to know that emotional abuse is every bit as damaging --- if not more so, and I know that's a somewhat spicy take --- as physical abuse. Bruises heal, bones mend, but healing a damaged mind is a helluva lot trickier, messy, and with longer-lasting effects. And it's so much easier for the abuser to get away with it when people aren't asking "hey, where'd you get that black eye?" No one sees how wrecked your neural pathways gets in situations like that.

When I heard the poo poo about Lowtax beating women, I felt disgusted. When I watched Logan's FB apology video, I felt nauseous and confused. When it came out that he, the abuser, coerced her into making that video, I literally puked into the wastebasket next to my desk. Because I've been that woman, the woman so scared of being alone, so broken, that she would make a loving FB post apologizing for coming forward, still so enthralled by her manipulative abuser... ugh, I'm feeling queasy again.

I don't know wtf my point is except: not all abuse is visible. And as Ugly pointed out, it happens to menfolk as well. My husband has some horror stories about women he dated before we met, and I can sometimes still see the damage they left him with. And it pains me.

Be good to each other. Be good to yourself. And my PMs are always open.

Also, sounds like Burt could use a cold bowl of dicks for breakfast.

I will say that physical abuse almost always has an emotional component, but it’s not quite the other way around.

When I tell people about the abusive relationship I was in it’s often not taken seriously- I was teaching Krav Maga and doing amateur MMA at the time, after all, how could I be abused? But you can’t punch your way out of emotional blackmail and suicide threats. And the worst part was, my ex told everyone that I was the abusive one and I was so gaslit I was legit worried I had been. I was lucky that my ex and I had the same friend group and they all were like “no, we were there, you were entirely too patient and stuck in too long.”

I know this isn’t really the thread for talking about this kind of thing, but like JD, my PMs are always open if anyone is having a poo poo time of a relationship. If you’re in the NY area and being abused I can either get you to a shelter or at the very least have a couch you can crash on for a day or two while you sort things out and find permanent options. Be good to each other, motherfuckers.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

FilthyImp posted:

It's sticked but if you havent visited the Brazilian Anime Megaman Comic it's finished the original 12 issue run and the goons have turned it into a comic jam with each completed page counting towards a donation to an abused women's charity.

Minor point of order that the person drawing can choose a charity of their liking, but we do default to RAINN if they don’t have a local shelter or the like that they’d prefer.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Oh gently caress, is now the time that we tell Burt what we think of his bullshit?

gently caress yeah

That I have lived to see this day!

Edit: That makes THIS my Whats Hot.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

It wasn't even 48, lmfao

"Those were the heady days of the revolution", I will write in my memoirs, "when everyone was full of hope that things would finally change"

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Burt Sexual posted:

Yeah. Nah. Get hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
it doesn't matter what happens to him or what he does

he will always carry around the fact that he enabled someone with multiple domestic abuse charges to do it a fourth time no matter what excuses he tries to come up with for himself

even the smallest shred of empathy and conscious he might have as a human being will ensure that it eats at him forever as it should

shame does more than any gently caress you or gross picture at him could

you disgust me as a person