Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Dr. Baker posted:

The show was taped before the allegations came out but it was told somewhere that WWE knew what was out there when they signed him.

Brock Lesnar Knew.

Because it takes one to know one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

luv 2 vauge-tweet

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Dr. Baker posted:

The show was taped before the allegations came out but it was told somewhere that WWE knew what was out there when they signed him.

That came from Meltzer, saying WWE knew the exact current allegations when they signed him.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

i was about to type "can you fire someone with the rona" but then i realized they absolutely don't give a poo poo

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

luv 2 vauge-tweet

lol a Tweet about WWE atrocities can be vague as gently caress these days and there is a Steiner Math probability that it's true.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/MariaLKanellis/status/1276651835693117441?s=20

She's probably not the only one

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Baker posted:

Yeah, Meltzer said the company knew when they hired him and compared it to the Lars situation, which I took to mean they won't give a poo poo or acknowledge it unless the story picks up traction and makes them look bad. Then they'll make a big show of punishing Riddle and pat themselves on the back for it

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Nipponophile posted:

No, it's not. HIPAA covers health care insurers and providers, not employers. If you tell your boss in confidence that you have cancer and he broadcasts it in an all-hands email, you have to take it up with HR, not the government.

Yeah, but what is the policy when your employer is running the testing?

Say you are a wrestler, you get an independent screening and test positive. How do you notify your employer while not having them make a press release about it?

Now what if WWE is running the testing. They get the results, notify you about them, and then WWE can just make a press release about it apparently.

It's interesting that they are using HIPPA as a threat to prevent people from talking about it then.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

C O V I D is

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol is smackdown on

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
theres no way Dream has covid-19, maybe covid-15

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Hirez posted:

what ICU do you go to?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Hirez posted:

Pylons posted:

what ICU do you go to?

:laffo:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I have the missed the last few hours of updates on the WWE Covid crisis but let me just say from the bottom of my heart :lmao:

(Hope everyone is safe)

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

loving on a ventilator is the best cardio.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Astro7x posted:

Say you are a wrestler, you get an independent screening and test positive. How do you notify your employer while not having them make a press release about it?

You can't!

Astro7x posted:

Now what if WWE is running the testing. They get the results, notify you about them, and then WWE can just make a press release about it apparently.

Now you're getting it!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1276657842926190592

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Well I may just have to subscribe to the Observer

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

👉🤪

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Suddenly everyone is Rovert

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

Well I may just have to subscribe to the Observer

don't

i say this as a subscriber

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
When does Observer do their live Twitch thing?

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
don't give money to big dave "well if they were really abused why didn't they say anything earlier" meltzer

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Thanks for heads up, I'll wait 30 seconds for someone to post it literally everywhere else.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

what a scoop!!

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Hirez posted:

don't give money to big dave "well if they were really abused why didn't they say anything earlier" meltzer

i give all my money to bryan because he makes me laugh a lot

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

RIP The Undertaker

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

RIP The Undertaker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw_Mj2u0DQM

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
It took me a while to realize that "may you live in interesting times" is meant typically as a curse

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Tribute To The Undertaker sounds kinda sinister given *gestures vaguely at everything*

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Smackdown looks like they're going for mostly clips, though it did open with a bunch of wrestlers together doing a Thank You Taker chant

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Erebus posted:

it did open with a bunch of wrestlers together doing a Thank You Taker chant

Somehow it's even dorkier than it sounds
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1276667938007908358

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Smackdown doesn't deserve a thread tonight.

The Boneyard Match is still fun though, especially AJ bursting out of a casket with his music.

Gonna be awkward to see Anderson and Gallows though.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Re-show King Kong Bundy vs Undertaker, cowards

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Out of morbid curiosity I set my DVR for SD to see what they did to cope with the covid outbreak and naturally its a tribute to a nazi.

Delete.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I turned on Smackdown for about 30 seconds until I realized the whole show was going to be Undertaker tributes and a replay of a match I saw two months ago. Whatever happens in between those things will not be interesting enough to hatewatch. If the show ends with Taker saying he's dying of COVID, I'll just catch the clip on YouTube later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I did find out that Fox is doing a show about Alexa spying on you so that's funny.