Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

silicone thrills posted:

I will never vote for anyone named Joe. Sorry any future Joes but Biden ruined it for you. change yer fuckin name

Not even Joseph Stalin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Failed Imagineer posted:

Not even Joseph Stalin?

Ioseb Besarionis dzе Jugashvili passes this test but being that close to joe is putting him on thin ice, buster

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I can’t believe we have to wait till September 29th for a debate.

This is ridiculous. I need some laughs now!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Still don't think that debates will actually happen. Both candidates have enough disincentives and plausible deniability

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

Still don't think that debates will actually happen. Both candidates have enough disincentives and plausible deniability

Yeah my dad and I were talking about that earlier and he was saying the same thing. I’d still love to see the poo poo show.

I am imagining a zoom debate and I can’t stop giggling at that tbh.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

this must be chairman meow

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Goddamn right, there's the Joe I'll vote for

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Relevant Tangent posted:

being happy that trump lost
which he's going to do

a joe biden victory, which will not happen and is impossible, would not bring me any joy, for any reason at all

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Failed Imagineer posted:

trump wants lots of debates - he absolutely needs biden to get in the dirt with him and say something stupid. nobody cares much how dumb the poo poo trump says is, because everyone knows he's a colossal moron, so he can happily drag biden down at very negligible risk to himself

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Failed Imagineer posted:

There is no way Trump would want to pass it up. One, because he literally believes he can do no wrong and has nothing to apologize for so to him a debate is just where he gets to publicly make fun of whomever else is there. And two, because Trump will absolutely destroy Biden.

I don't remember anything about the 2016 debates except for Hillary giving some long-winded answer to something and Trump's rebuttal was just "WRONG." And Hillary had the ability to string together sentences and remember who she was and what she was currently doing.

Now I can see Biden refusing to debate Trump, and honestly it'd be a good idea because even endless accusations of being afraid to debate will be more survivable than what would happen should they occur.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
i fully believe Joe and his team will be far better at perpetuating evil in the world than Trump. no arguments for Biden have contained anything but childish naivety or outright lies. never Joe. not once

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

papa horny michael posted:

i fully believe Joe and his team will be far better at perpetuating evil in the world than Trump. no arguments for Biden have contained anything but childish naivety or outright lies. never Joe. not once

The best argument for Trump is that not only is he incompetent but he only surrounds himself with sycophants who are also incompetent.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

remember the big lancaster speech that was hyped up as biden being amazingly presidential where he said there were 120 million coronavirus deaths

of loving course you dont because their entire campaign strategy is to simply pretend like joe isnt saying weird embarrassingly senile poo poo every time he opens his mouth

trump needs these debates because without them theres simply no way hes going to be able to convince anyone joe is senile unless he can call attention to a gaffe right after it happens

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

papa horny michael posted:

the succlibs know this. it's not the evil they mind. it's how annoying trump is while he does it.

they want to be able to defend the fascist president pushing imperialist agendas laid forth by billionaire pedophiles without feeling like they look stupid

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

seriously, elections people have realised that everyone hates most politicians and that if they don't already hate them it's easy to manufacture such contempt that breeds hatred. this means that for the front runner, it's always best to play it safe by avoiding the spotlight as much as possible, which leads to boris johnson hiding in a fridge and to biden somehow needing more than a week to set up a podcast studio in his basement

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

and i would also like to emphasize that if biden tries to duck out of the debates his extremely soft support will crumble completely you cant be the no malarkey guy if you dont call out malarkey

though i do admit the thought of trump hiring a guy in a chicken costume to follow biden around and constantly screech out hiden biden would be pretty amazing content

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Some Guy TT posted:

and i would also like to emphasize that if biden tries to duck out of the debates his extremely soft support will crumble completely you cant be the no malarkey guy if you dont call out malarkey

though i do admit the thought of trump hiring a guy in a chicken costume to follow biden around and constantly screech out hiden biden would be pretty amazing content

Biden would keep smelling his hair.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Some Guy TT posted:

I dont think that'll happen. There's a reason why it's blue maga. This election has been the anti-trump vote. Any democrat could have won against trump except bernie has the best odds. It just gets highly questionable that moderates would win. The cascading effect of covid19 and its effect on the economy might be enough to tip things but it's honestly too hard to tell / predict despite whatever polling.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

silicone thrills posted:

I will never vote for anyone named Joe. Sorry any future Joes but Biden ruined it for you. change yer fuckin name

I would vote for the Democrat Joe Quimby

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I sincerely hope Joe Biden loses and I will do my part by not voting for him.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

CheeseSpawn posted:

I dont think that'll happen. There's a reason why it's blue maga. This election has been the anti-trump vote. Any democrat could have won against trump except bernie has the best odds. It just gets highly questionable that moderates would win. The cascading effect of covid19 and its effect on the economy might be enough to tip things but it's honestly too hard to tell / predict despite whatever polling.

imo the only major threat is that trump & biden do a great enough job depressing the under 50 vote and the only people voting in the election are people who thought the 60's went exactly far enough versus those who thought the 60's were a drat shame. the polling's good, but the media hasn't even started looking at biden yet and like we saw in iowa, his support collapses the second people actually look at his rear end dying on camera or hear what he has to say.

if we get to some sort of scenario where enough swing states have in-person voting only, my money's on the maga death cult.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i’m doing my part! (by voting howie)

Business Gorillas posted:

imo the only major threat is that trump & biden do a great enough job depressing the under 50 vote and the only people voting in the election are people who thought the 60's went exactly far enough versus those who thought the 60's were a drat shame. the polling's good, but the media hasn't even started looking at biden yet and like we saw in iowa, his support collapses the second people actually look at his rear end dying on camera or hear what he has to say.

if we get to some sort of scenario where enough swing states have in-person voting only, my money's on the maga death cult.

yeah imagine being willing to loving die for joe biden, can’t conceive of it

the worst part is that thanks to the coronavirus there’s zero chance of the democrats learning anything from this besides “our base is not ride or literally die”

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Declan MacManus posted:

the worst part is that thanks to the coronavirus there’s zero chance of the democrats learning anything from this besides “our base is not ride or literally die”
libs only have one playbook and they've been running it since 2016, "those whiny leftists and RUSSIA ruined everything, bernie bros want tuormp to winnnn!"

they are incapable of self reflection and will deflect until the country collapses

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
No Joe no low

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Declan MacManus posted:

yeah imagine being willing to loving die for joe biden, can’t conceive of it

I think this is the thing the "Biden will win easy" folks are missing. This isn't a referendum on Trump, this is a referendum on Trump with a massive loving cost of entry. Do you have enough spiteful energy to put yourself and your family at risk to support someone who is nothing more than "not that guy?"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Somfin posted:

I think this is the thing the "Biden will win easy" folks are missing. This isn't a referendum on Trump, this is a referendum on Trump with a massive loving cost of entry. Do you have enough spiteful energy to put yourself and your family at risk to support someone who is nothing more than "not that guy?"

Doubtful.
Liberals are more than willing for other people to die for their causes,
When it's their turn to do something more substantial than share a ClappingPelosi gif, there's always some perfectly good reason why they can't, but they'll be happy to add a frame to their Facebook profile picture.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
it’s really bizarre that in a reversal of norms, the 2020 Presidential Campaign, which began in roughly January 2016, has basically completely fizzled our, less than 6 months before the election, which is when when other democratic countries would even begin to think about campaigning.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

It's also bizarre that democrats who pride themselves on diversity, inclusiveness, and breaking the cycle of old white privileged men running things have after fours years of searching for a candidate not only nominated an old white privileged male but the living embodiment of an old white privileged male.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Biden is gonna pick Warren as his VP, he will absentmindedly refer to her as a woman of color, and the Dems will form non-Euclidean human pretzels trying to make it all ok

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the only viable vp contender who isnt outrageously connected to or is herself a cop

mostly because they think shes a giant nerd and try to avoid her

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

They're never going to let Warren anywhere near a VP spot.
She had one job, and that was to try to siphon away potential Bernie votes by claiming all of his ideas as her own and appealing to the "Vote Her no matter who" crowd.

My money says it's going to be Kamala, barring some huge fuckup on her part that the party can't try to downplay or sweep under the rug.

Dreadwind
Dec 1, 2009

the_steve posted:

My money says it's going to be Kamala, barring some huge fuckup on her part that the party can't try to downplay or sweep under the rug.

I was so impressed by her appearance on Colbert's show when he jovially asked her how she could consider being Biden's VP after she had fundamentally and vigorously disagreed with him. Her response of just laughing and repeating that, "It was a debate" about 20 times or so was such pure succ that libs watching probably stood up in their living rooms and clapped.

So yeah, I'm betting she gets the VP nod so that liberals everywhere can pat themselves on the back, congratulating themselves for making the oligarchy more diverse. White women of color (Tm) can tell their daughters, "See honey, we are such a great nation. Anyone can become president as long as they don't actually believe in anything other than helping the rich become richer."

The daughter cheered and set her sights for the white house. That little girl's name? Karen.

And as always, gently caress Joe Biden.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
only Joe Biden would be so far removed from the cultural moment that thinking “what the country needs now is a Cop!”

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Some Guy TT posted:

There will be no debates and the libs and chuds with both make excuses and claim the other one is the one avoiding it

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

empty whippet box posted:

There will be no debates and the libs and chuds with both make excuses and claim the other one is the one avoiding it

hard disagree. chuds absolutely want their dementia-addled rapist to clown on the other dementia-addled rapist so they can hoot and holler at the TV. that's their only politics at this point.

also, the trump campaign has a vested interest in dragging joe to as many TV appearances as possible, doubly so if the biden campaign continues their course of being dead-set on never having joe being seen in public

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

empty whippet box posted:

a joe biden victory, which will not happen and is impossible, would not bring me any joy, for any reason at all

trump losing isn't about biden winning it's about trump's complete years long meltdown

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Somfin posted:

spite is literally all america has run on since it's inception so yeah, joe biden will win in a rout
multiple states had record high turnout for the democratic primaries despite them being a foregone conclusion

Relevant Tangent has issued a correction as of 17:16 on Jun 28, 2020

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
joe biden would win in a landslide if the vote were held today

unfortunately, the vote isn't for another 4 months of "joe biden will win in a landslide" talking points and +20 polls like last time and so people straight up not voting again and handing trump the win is entirely possible.

all possibilities are doom scenarios so it's really with morbid, detached curiosity that i observe

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Shere posted:

joe biden would win in a landslide if the vote were held today

unfortunately, the vote isn't for another 4 months of "joe biden will win in a landslide" talking points and +20 polls like last time and so people straight up not voting again and handing trump the win is entirely possible.

it will 4 months of trying to hide Sleepy Joe from the public eye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
i really want to see them debate because biden can't even talk to someone unscripted for 5 seconds without listen fat, lets do some pushups, go vote for the you know how it goes