Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

running around FF7R Shinra HQ and soaking in the delicious irony of japanese square Enix making the most immediately culturally relevant eco-terrorist positive ACAB game after Canadian Square Enix used their Deus Ex reboot to make fun of final fantasy in a random lobby poster and say Aug Lives Matter .

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

running around FF7R Shinra HQ and soaking in the delicious irony of japanese square Enix making the most immediately culturally relevant eco-terrorist positive ACAB game after Canadian Square Enix used their Deus Ex reboot to make fun of final fantasy in a random lobby poster and say Aug Lives Matter .

lol

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
There's a cool FFV thing going on now (the four job fiesta). FFV is a final fantasy so I thought of you all.

There's a thread in games with a good OP describing it much better than I can. It's fun, so if you like fun you should play in the fiesta

Edit: actually if you hate fun you should also play it but register with the natural ruleset or everhate ruleset.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

In Training posted:

loll

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Ffxiv is pretty ftw. Been gaming hard on my old character and beat the main story last night.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

hell yeah ftw my n...*pauses, considers current social climate* nice guy

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

esperterra posted:

From what I remember, ARR's MSQ isn't too terrible time wise. But the content between ARR and HW was a loving slog

PRAY RETURN

Good riddance to those quests

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I guess I’m just gonna chill and idk craft or something until the next patch so I can skip those quests. But whipping around a big axe feels so good....

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

In Training posted:

ff7 is about class warfare

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

good lord they even tried to say it was just coincidence. that's the community manager lmfao come on man

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

good lord they even tried to say it was just coincidence. that's the community manager lmfao come on man

Lmfao

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

Lol

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

EmmyOk posted:

Jesus read the room lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

lmao gently caress

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I beat all the hard mode vr battles and then realised I forgot to assess two of the enemies :gonk:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I beat all the hard mode vr battles and then realised I forgot to assess two of the enemies :gonk:

sucks about your av

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lmfao

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I can’t see it because I’m on phone...

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
hehe they spelled bitch wrong extremely epic red text

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

plz tell me what final fantasy to buy on the switch. I have never played one before

like:

dq11
breath of fire
bravely default

dislike:

xenoblade chronicles 2

thank you friends :pray:

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

right arm posted:

plz tell me what final fantasy to buy on the switch. I have never played one before

like:

dq11
breath of fire
bravely default

dislike:

xenoblade chronicles 2

7,9, or 10 are good for a first ff imo. I don't know if there's a good version (SNES) of 4 and 6 on switch?

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

right arm posted:

like:

dq11
breath of fire
bravely default

dislike:

xenoblade chronicles 2

final fantasy 9 is my favorite by far

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

thank you. 9 it is!

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

enjoy, it is a gem :)

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Trust Hotaru imo

FFIX owns and as a love letter to the series, you can't go wrong starting there.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

X was my first one and caused a life long love. 9 rules too

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
If you like Bravely... Play Final Fantasy 5. Hell, play Octopath too.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

way to answer the question with a game that isnt on the switch and a game that isnt even a final fantasy!!

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I don't care because I'm not wrong Octopath ftw

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

AverySpecialfriend posted:

I don't care because I'm not wrong Octopath ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Final Fantasy VII Remake hard mode kicks rear end. I love this game and can't stop playing it, this will be my first plat since...MGSV I think.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

Final Fantasy VII Remake hard mode kicks rear end. I love this game and can't stop playing it, this will be my first plat since...MGSV I think.

I just plat’d it yesterday and yeah. It’s balanced so well around hard.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

in think I'm most impressed that they made the combat both feel like final fantasy and be harder than any final fantasy game at the same time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hard Mode Hell House is my fave boss yet. What a cool expansion of an already sick fight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The hard mode bonus boss is such a weird letdown but the accessory reward is tight so whatevah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

After I get 100% play log I'm going to see if I can beat Sephiroth with 4 frog rings on Easy.