Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Nothing about straight medium

Nothing is straight in 2020 :gay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver John
Sep 30, 2014

Have they never heard of a cheese grater?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silver John posted:

Do you bring one with you to restaurants, typically?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The Bloop posted:

I might if I were unable to eat without shredded cheese.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

BrigadierSensible posted:

Stop fighting about grilled cheeses.

Just make a jaffle. No need for skillets, the Jaffle Maker plugs into the wall. And they are much much better.

funny picture tax:

Had one of these growing up. Put a slice of bologna in the middle and dip that crust into some tomato soup.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

can you repost this with a capture that doesn't require me to turn my speakers to 100% to barely make out whatever the gently caress

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
That's a fuckin' huge chicken tender

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I’d try to take a huge bite out of that then have to make an emergency dentist appointment.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Do not eat the forbidden tendie

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
It's calcite, it's pretty soft. 3 on the Mohs scale vs. 5 for teeth.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Garrand posted:

Do not eat the forbidden tendie

I'm an American and we do the opposite of what everyone says so now I have to eat it

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Could you let it dissolve for a few months in an acid solution that also tasted like blue cheese?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

BrigadierSensible posted:

Stop fighting about grilled cheeses.

Just make a jaffle. No need for skillets, the Jaffle Maker plugs into the wall. And they are much much better.

funny picture tax:

I like my toast uncompressed and soaked with butter.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Memento posted:

...So you're saying we can eat it?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Memento posted:

The Mighty Moltres posted:

I’d try to take a huge bite out of that then have to make an emergency dentist appointment.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
My point is that yes, you can eat it. You can crunch it up without damaging your teeth.

It will be one of the least pleasant experiences of your life, but you can do it. Like eating exceedingly crunchy chalk.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

It won't break your teeth, but it might poison you or slice open your digestive tract.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

It won't break your teeth, but it might poison you or slice open your digestive tract.

So what your saying is it might taste good?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

ultrafilter posted:

Tbh most regular chicken tenders do that anyways

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I mean, it would still probably gently caress up your teeth pretty good. Just because teeth are harder doesn't mean anything. People break their teeth on much softer stuff every day.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Well, calcite is calcium carbonate, which is literally what antacids are made of. Stomach acid will either break it down completely, or smooth it off enough you'll be fine.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Memento posted:

Well, calcite is calcium carbonate, which is literally what antacids are made of. Stomach acid will either break it down completely, or smooth it off enough you'll be fine.

... so I can make crystal art out of my Tums?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

seance snacks posted:

... so I can make crystal art out of my Tums?

Calcite is a stable polymorph of calcium carbonate, which means it's one of the shapes that calcium carbonate can take. In this case, it's a crystalline form that becomes translucent and can have a variety of subtle colourations, from very pale yellow to a medium orange-brown. Your Tums are (mostly) calcium carbonate in a much less structured form, basically chalk. Some antacids actually use calcium citrate or calcium citrate-maleate which I don't really know much about. I guess if you wanted to dissolve them in acid and then re-precipitate the calcium carbonate out you could look up how to do that.

None of which is a funny picture. I'll put this one here that I posted in the OSHA thread because it's pretty funny.

https://i.imgur.com/SRWpOoQ.mp4

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Calcium carbonate can also cause kidney stones and constipation so the forbidden tendie might look like that coming out too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Memento posted:

My point is that yes, you can eat it. You can crunch it up without damaging your teeth.

It will be one of the least pleasant experiences of your life, but you can do it. Like eating exceedingly crunchy chalk.

I've got a cracked one that I need to either get removed or a filling so biting that thing would probably gently caress me up.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

y'all are getting really loving nerdy about a delicious chicken tender

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I ate a fried chicken yesterday

Coincidence?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Silver John posted:

The Bloop posted:

I think it’s totally reasonable for Silver John to not consider that someone might be dining out during a loving pandemic.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Platystemon posted:

I think it’s totally reasonable for Silver John to not consider that someone might be dining out during a loving pandemic.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Platystemon posted:

They statement even talks about getting crappy service. If you're not eating out and getting crappy service then you're just posting about yourself not getting up to go to the fridge.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Inceltown posted:

They statement even talks about getting crappy service. If you're not eating out and getting crappy service then you're just posting about yourself not getting up to go to the fridge.

They mention the restaurant and location by name, note that they've asked several people, and have a commercial fire alarm pull box in the photo.

Waals Vander
Jul 11, 2010

Live...
Laugh...
Post...
(how do i post images?)

Waals Vander has a new favorite as of 09:55 on Jun 28, 2020

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
If you're trying to post something from imgur, you need to put the direct link in image tags, which looks like this

code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/iQhjPWgl.jpg[/img]
Which turns into this recently-restored masterpiece.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Waals Vander posted:

(how do i post images?)
What Memento said... but bookmark this page

https://forums.somethingawful.com/misc.php?action=bbcode

It's got the full list of codes, including how to embed images and videos.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

bike tory posted:

gently caress I thought we were finally going to find out what to do with a drunken sailor early in the morning

It's quiet, but they do tell you.

Make him pay one thousand euros
To the Irish gov'ment

Lock him up three months in prison
Final month suspended

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

They mention the restaurant and location by name, note that they've asked several people, and have a commercial fire alarm pull box in the photo.

You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel

Silver John
Sep 30, 2014

The Bloop posted:

For some reason I thought they were at home and calling grocery stores who didn’t have any cheese.

I’m rather confused as to why I thought that

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Silver John posted:

For some reason I thought they were at home and calling grocery stores who didn’t have any cheese.

I thought the same because I still can't work it out that folks are already going out to eat at restaurants at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Silver John posted:

I thought they were at home and the joke was that the next picture was their 4 children, not bringing them cheese.