Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/mlbpipeline/status/1277740334890418177?s=21

👀

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
Hello baseball friends. Apparently there's going to be a base ball this year. I look forward to shitposting about it, if it actually comes to pass, and if MLB actually remembers that Toronto is not in the United States and that they'll need government permission to let their disease-infested plague caravans cross the border.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm glad the mets signed a bunch of metsy guys, as a bit. almost feels like baseball!

metsy carbrera

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

shadok posted:

Hello baseball friends. Apparently there's going to be a base ball this year. I look forward to shitposting about it, if it actually comes to pass, and if MLB actually remembers that Toronto is not in the United States and that they'll need government permission to let their disease-infested plague caravans cross the border.
I was wondering what they were going to do and apparently they have gotten permission to play in Toronto

I think the original plan was to stay in Dunedin until FL went nuts with cases

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

I was wondering what they were going to do and apparently they have gotten permission to play in Toronto

I think the original plan was to stay in Dunedin until FL went nuts with cases

When people talk about Dunedin all I can think of is the Dúnedain from LOTR

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Don't worry, sac bunts will be back in the super exciting 2020 extra innings.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Hunter Bishop tested positive. Giants' first round pick in 2019 and one of their top prospects.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Slimy Hog posted:

When people talk about Dunedin all I can think of is the Dúnedain from LOTR

Currently reading LotR and very much :same:

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Sweet! How is the re-read? I tried a couple years ago and the fellowship started a bit too slow for me.

Also it sounds like the Phillies had some more positive cases:

https://twitter.com/mattgelb/status/1277677115719237633?s=21

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Slimy Hog posted:

Sweet! How is the re-read? I tried a couple years ago and the fellowship started a bit too slow for me.

Despite growing up with the movies, my older brother being obsessed with Tolkein and having read tons of supplemental Middle Earth material (lore books mostly) I'd never actually read the trilogy. Figured it was about time I did, just about done with the Fellowship and it's great.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

The Pussy Boss posted:

Hunter Bishop tested positive. Giants' first round pick in 2019 and one of their top prospects.

https://twitter.com/extrabaggs/status/1277678940622950400

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Apparently MLB has concluded that they can't legally force minor leaguers who are not on the 40 man from taking another baseball job.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/06/minor-leaguers-left-out-of-player-pools-can-play-indy-ball.html

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
:siren:OFFICAL NEW 2020 RULES:siren:

• National League DL
  • Extra innings start with a runner on second. The dude on second is the dude in the batting slot before the current batter. For scoring the dude on second is there by way of uncharged fielding error.
  • Three-batter minimum rule is a go.
  • BUT no limits on who or when a fielder can be a pitcher in the game.
  • Strictly enforced unsportsmanlike conduct for social distancing. Players or managers who leave their positions to argue with umpires, come within six feet of an umpire or opposing player or manager for the purpose of argument, or engage in altercations on the field are subject to immediate ejection and discipline, including fines and suspensions.

ROSTER STUFF
  • We got a 60 Man Club Player Pool. This is like the teams AAA team for the year. Teams can add players at any time, but removing them is like coming off the 40 man, they got to trade, release, DFA, or outright them. They can not be added back to the 60 man.
  • On opening day teams have to have active MLB roster of 30 men (min of 25). All pulled from the 60 man.
  • 15 days after the season starts the MLB roster goes 28.
  • 29 days after the season starts through the rest of the season and post season the roster is 26 men.
  • You can have on extra dude for a double header.
  • Teams will travel with a 3 man taxi squad one of which has to be a catcher. This group is just to save a replacement a flight if somebody get injured. Standard roster rules apply when adding them to the team. (No NPB like switching out yesterdays pitcher for a fresh player.)
  • August 31st will be the 2020 trade deadline and September 15th will be the 2020 Postseason eligibility deadline.
  • We got a 10 day IL and a 45 day IL. Then a special COVID19 IL that you have to show no symptoms and pass two COVID19 test to get off of.

HEALTH STUFF
  • Teams got a COVID19 Plan
  • No spitting
  • Pitchers got a wet rag
  • Everyone should try and keep their distance
  • No Pregame lineup exchange

I am disappointed by the taxi squad. I thought player could move on or off of it freely.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Wet rag

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I thought the players union had to sign off on those changes. Was it only the playoff expansion?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
wet rag but for AL only imo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ScottyJSno posted:

• National League DL
  • Extra innings start with a runner on second. The dude on second is the dude in the batting slot before the current batter. For scoring the dude on second is there by way of uncharged fielding error.
  • Three-batter minimum rule is a go.
  • BUT no limits on who or when a fielder can be a pitcher in the game.
  • Strictly enforced unsportsmanlike conduct for social distancing. Players or managers who leave their positions to argue with umpires, come within six feet of an umpire or opposing player or manager for the purpose of argument, or engage in altercations on the field are subject to immediate ejection and discipline, including fines and suspensions.

ROSTER STUFF
  • We got a 60 Man Club Player Pool. This is like the teams AAA team for the year. Teams can add players at any time, but removing them is like coming off the 40 man, they got to trade, release, DFA, or outright them. They can not be added back to the 60 man.
  • On opening day teams have to have active MLB roster of 30 men (min of 25). All pulled from the 60 man.
  • 15 days after the season starts the MLB roster goes 28.
  • 29 days after the season starts through the rest of the season and post season the roster is 26 men.
  • You can have on extra dude for a double header.
  • Teams will travel with a 3 man taxi squad one of which has to be a catcher. This group is just to save a replacement a flight if somebody get injured. Standard roster rules apply when adding them to the team. (No NPB like switching out yesterdays pitcher for a fresh player.)
  • August 31st will be the 2020 trade deadline and September 15th will be the 2020 Postseason eligibility deadline.
  • We got a 10 day IL and a 45 day IL. Then a special COVID19 IL that you have to show no symptoms and pass two COVID19 test to get off of.

HEALTH STUFF
  • Teams got a COVID19 Plan
  • No spitting
  • Pitchers got a wet rag
  • Everyone should try and keep their distance
  • No Pregame lineup exchange

I am disappointed by the taxi squad. I thought player could move on or off of it freely.

don't mind me I'm just quoting this so I can find it easier for the new thread on Wednesday

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
put the wet rag in the hall

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

someone to tell the stadium organists to bust out some ragtime the first time a player Goes For The Rag

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

cowboy joe sniffing the rag to detect a Foreign Substance

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
What happens to guys who opt out of the season, with regards to service time? If a guy who opts out would have been a FA in the offseason, does that whole thing get shifted a year so that he’s a FA after 2021 instead?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
MLB authenticated game used wet rag

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

trevor bauer posting a three hour long youtube video about his scientific enhancements that sum up to him making the wag wetter

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

angel hernandez ejecting an entire team including the front office and all spectators after a player rolls up the rag and snaps it at him

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Visiting team refuses to take the field after they claim the rags in the visitors clubhouse are not sufficiently damp, unfair home field advantage.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sweetie, baseball and I still love each other. We're just going through a hard time.

Sure, you don't know how that guy got to second base. It was just an error. How stupid do you think I am?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Astros pitchers are found to be soaking their rags for hours prior to game, far beyond the MLB water saturation limit of 38%

Scandal is dubbed, Watergate

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
2020, the MLB season of the wet butt

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

ScottyJSno posted:

[*]National League DL

The entire NL on the DL for real.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

R.D. Mangles posted:

trevor bauer posting a three hour long youtube video about his scientific enhancements that sum up to him making the wag wetter

Tbh i would watch that.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Spoeank posted:

2020, the MLB season of the wet butt

In Rag We Trust

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Popete posted:

Visiting team refuses to take the field after they claim the rags in the visitors clubhouse are not sufficiently damp, unfair home field advantage.

How we’ll look back on the Moist Rag Scandal of 2020....

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

wet rag is lame, just give the pitcher a clicker that can turn on the sprinklers. i am sure this is a good idea

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Apparently Anthony Rizzo has decided to play this season despite being immunocompromised. No word on Lester yet.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/ByJamesWagner/status/1277791320770256897?s=19

Ian Desmond this time.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

mcmagic posted:

I would have thought mega-chud Ryan Zimmerman thought COVID was some kind of liberal hoax.

Zimm's mom has MS

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wait a second... I don't think I gave this any thought...

Is the purpose of the wet rag so that pitchers don't give everyone else covid?

This is such a dumb idea to play.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
It’s allegedly so they can get some moisture on their fingers without sticking them in their mouth

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

R.D. Mangles posted:

someone to tell the stadium organists to bust out some ragtime the first time a player Goes For The Rag

Specifically this one in Toronto:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMAtL7n_-rc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

We should start a pool for what date the last game of the season is played.