Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Yardbomb posted:

You're probably talking about the time they forgot to cut like some post-bit audio from a mailbag episode, where they were frustrated about receiving big dumb blade #1483, they thanked the guy for sending it but then off-screen in a bit left in by accident apparently were like "So who even wants to take this big dumb sword? I dunno I don't want it, it's not even like a good feeling sword. Do you want this thing? No? I don't want it." and stuff like that, it was some 300 falchion shortsword thing they didn't recognize either so it was nothing special at all as far as any of them were concerned, so people made a big deal out of it, they apologized to the person and whatnot, but also then like clarified further too that like every time people sent them a big stupid sword or giant knife, they had to go take that poo poo to an office and all this other stuff because they live in canada and it was getting to be a really big pain in the rear end.

Yeah that’s the one. I always assumed that was a deliberate thing, was it actually an accident?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Rody One Half posted:

Funnily enough it seems the most appreciated mail bag gift was one of the very first they caught: Pat's giant Steve Buscemi poster that is still part of his set right now.

Woolie tearing up at the TTGL set is also a high point.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the freakout over getting the 800 dollar TTGL ultra limited edition set and then opening the next box and it being ANOTHER 800 dollar TTGL ultra limited edition set goes down as one of my favorite best friends moments ever

also had extremely powerful "what untold powers have we wrought" energy in their body language and faces, you can absolutely see their minds racing realizing that they wield a dangerous influence that they didn't realize they had before, and they don't like it :v:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Warbird posted:

Yeah that’s the one. I always assumed that was a deliberate thing, was it actually an accident?

Considering I remember them earnestly being like "We're sorry, we didn't want to badmouth a gift on camera and that was accidentally left in video, we really do appreciate the things you send us but please the sword stuff needs to stop" after it happened, probably a real mistake of just overlooking the tail end footage of a sitting.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
The amount of times Reggie has shoved his own foot into his mouth during this Paper Mario LP is just magical, and they're only in chapter 2 (streamwise)

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
Nothing will ever beat Woolie getting the atomic purple gameboy.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
There was also Liam doing a Henshin transformation with a Princess Peach apron and box cutter.

It's also where that ubiquitous photo of Pat with the lizard eye glasses comes from. The mailbag videos are littered with little gags like that.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jun 29, 2020

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I wonder if there are still youtubers who accept big mailbags and just outright say "if you send me poo poo I have the right to just sell it if I want". Like all those swords and action figures people sent the best friends had to be worth a ridiculous amount of money(outside of the ones that were straight up illegal for them to own in canada lol)

I know Thew Adams, until he outright shut down his mailbox except for specific things that get permission to be sent to him, would take the random poo poo people sent him that he didn't want and would auction them off for charity.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I just realised I hadn't watched the mailbags. So going to go do that.

A few minutes in; lmao Liam opening the letter and just pouring sparkles onto Matt's couch, while Pat cackles like a loving hyena.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Overlord K posted:

Personally I immediately thought of Harley Quinn, which kind of works since she was calling Mario Mister at the time.

He even says at a point that he thinks he has gone full Harley Quinn

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I really like how Minh(or whoever is doing the editing) is doing the cuts on Woolie's LPs - maybe its been this way since SBF, but they'll cut on a strong moment, but have the episode start a few moments back so that you usually have the proper context again.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Catching up on the podcast and holy poo poo, this "N-PASS PLUS" discussion at the start of episode 67

Woolie revels in this poo poo

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Captain Invictus posted:

Catching up on the podcast and holy poo poo, this "N-PASS PLUS" discussion at the start of episode 67

Woolie revels in this poo poo

Woolie's having the time of his life in those N-Pass bits :allears:

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Woolie『』Madden

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That bit lasted 50 goddamn minutes, wow

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Did anyone else get stuck in the Glitz Pit the first time through? I had no idea what the 'watering hole' was supposed to be and couldn't get the Super Hammer for a while because of it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RareAcumen posted:

Did anyone else get stuck in the Glitz Pit the first time through? I had no idea what the 'watering hole' was supposed to be and couldn't get the Super Hammer for a while because of it.

Wut

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Do you not remember how Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door went? I thought you were one of the people excited to see Woolie playing it.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

that poo poo came out 16 years ago

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RareAcumen posted:

Do you not remember how Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door went? I thought you were one of the people excited to see Woolie playing it.

I mean I think it's cool he's playing it but I've never played it

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I mean I think it's cool he's playing it but I've never played it

Oh, Well nevermind then.

Patware posted:

that poo poo came out 16 years ago

I kept my copy when I got it and kept replaying it a lot so that's probably why I still remember it, because every 8 months or so I'd dust it of and Sensible Chuckle at the parts where I'd get stuck on previous playthroughs.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jun 30, 2020

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

RareAcumen posted:

Nope, I don't think I got stuck on anything in Thousand Year Door, first time around.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i got stuck on the last boss and never beat the game lol

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I really enjoy Woolie branching out and trying games outside his usual interests.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

i got stuck on the last boss and never beat the game lol

Same. Rental ran out and that was that.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

RareAcumen posted:

Oh, Well nevermind then.

I kept my copy when I got it and kept replaying it a lot so that's probably why I still remember it, because every 8 months or so I'd dust it of and Sensible Chuckle at the parts where I'd get stuck on previous playthroughs.

I've really thinking about digging out my copy of TTYD and replaying it (haven't touched it since I got it).

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Kept thinking I'd play it when it gets rereleased, but hearing Woolie's thoughts on it and seeing the loving hanging rope in a picture makes me think that ain't happening, so I guess I'll experience TTYD through Woolie's LP.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

Kept thinking I'd play it when it gets rereleased, but hearing Woolie's thoughts on it and seeing the loving hanging rope in a picture makes me think that ain't happening, so I guess I'll experience TTYD through Woolie's LP.

Oh! Speaking of that I went looking for a copy and they're like 100$ now for some reason. I guess the lack of re-releasing is behind it but still, never would've thought I'd have a game that'd increase in value. :v:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I hate that I had a physical copy of TTYD and then just somehow lost it. Like I'm still not sure what happened to it. I remember lending it to a friend, but I'm 95% sure I got it back and then it just kinda went missing some time after.

I also lost that rather valuable Master Quest disc that came with Wind Waker pre-orders, though I think suspect someone actually just stole that from me.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Pat acted like an rear end when Woolie was getting upset at the Mike Z bullshit in the podcast this week. Woolie was completely justified to be; Skullgirls finally gets a chance at the spotlight again, and Mike had to go and taint the moment.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

A big FGC guy being a total shithead's not a surprise.

I haven't listened to the podcast.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Rody One Half posted:

A big FGC guy being a total shithead's not a surprise.

I haven't listened to the podcast.

It's not, but it's especially lovely to the Skullgirls community that it all came out right before Evo.

It was breaking news during the podcast, but more info on what Mike Z did can be found in the Fighting Games thread in Games

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Body mod discussion does not bring up splitting enough.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Not shocking about a pair of cis dudes but it's still annoying they spend a bunch of time talking about how hosed cdpr is as a company and character customization and didn't mention the hosed up pronouns-voice tie up poo poo.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
pronouns-voice tie up poo poo? I haven't been following any news about the game, what'd they do now?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Nalesh posted:

pronouns-voice tie up poo poo? I haven't been following any news about the game, what'd they do now?

the voice you choose determines you're gender. this was added in last minute and so they didn't re-record any dialog for it.

i'm not really keyed into much of the discourse around cyberpunk so there's probably more to it.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jul 1, 2020

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yes, what every trans and NB person wants, to have pitch determine who they'll be gendered

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I assume there's some gender specific voiced dialogue that would have made decoupling the difficult this late in the production

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

yes I'm sure that's the whole reason, nothing systemic at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rody One Half posted:

yes I'm sure that's the whole reason, nothing systemic at all

Well yeah, the systemic problem here seems to be that CDPR doesn't really understand what people want from this stuff.

Once they started listening to feedback on this voice lines etc. were probably already recorded.