Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Alright it's gone again, I suspect for good as the people who initially balked at the price have been pushed aside by reckless spenders like me. If the black version goes up for sale (at a presumably cheaper price) I might pick that up too and flip the clear version on discogs in 6 months.

caligulamprey posted:

EDIT: Now it's back up and I got one!

:cheersbird:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marjorie
May 4, 2014

Ballz posted:

Refresh! It's back in stock!

Edit: It's overpriced at about $41 when you factor in shipping but I am a weak man and got it anyways. :sigh:

Aw drat, I'm so mad - I even set a calendar entry but forgot to actually have it generate a reminder. I might break down and buy the clear variant just to have something because this is totally my jam.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

marjorie posted:

Aw drat, I'm so mad - I even set a calendar entry but forgot to actually have it generate a reminder. I might break down and buy the clear variant just to have something because this is totally my jam.

Keep refreshing, it does seem to be coming in and out of stock. Not sure what's up with that.

There's also a $70 bundle that includes the score and some useless swag nobody wants.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Ballz posted:

Alright it's gone again
It's back up again! What the gently caress is going on with this website?

And why am I so invested in this?

marjorie
May 4, 2014

Ballz posted:

Keep refreshing, it does seem to be coming in and out of stock. Not sure what's up with that.

There's also a $70 bundle that includes the score and some useless swag nobody wants.

Wow, that bundle does have terrible swag. That mask :stare:

The bundle includes the clear variant of the radio selections too, and I don't care as much about the score, so I just ordered the standalone clear radio one. I'll probably do the same as you and just flip it if I'm able to get the black later. Thanks for the initial heads up by the way!

Edit:

caligulamprey posted:

That's so crazy, I've been refreshing (the black variant) and it's been sold out the whole time for me. Unless you mean the clear version, which would still be weird because that one has never been sold out whenever I've checked.

marjorie fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 25, 2020

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

caligulamprey posted:

If you're like me, you've been dreaming of having a Galaxy News Radio/old timey Fallout music record for about 10 years now. And now, at last, the dream is so, so close to becoming reality...

even if it doesn't have everyone's favorite nudist anthem "Let's Go Sunning" on it.

Edit:

marjorie posted:

That's so crazy, I've been refreshing (the black variant) and it's been sold out the whole time for me. Unless you mean the clear version, which would still be weird because that one has never been sold out whenever I've checked.

Black variant never went live. I messaged them on Twitter asking what's up with that. The clear version keeps going in and out of stock, but with a pressing quantity of 250 I can't imagine it'll last long regardless.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

Ballz posted:

If you're like me, you've been dreaming of having a Galaxy News Radio/old timey Fallout music record for about 10 years now. And now, at last, the dream is so, so close to becoming reality...

even if it doesn't have everyone's favorite nudist anthem "Let's Go Sunning" on it.

Edit:

Black variant never went live. I messaged them on Twitter asking what's up with that. The clear version keeps going in and out of stock, but with a pressing quantity of 250 I can't imagine it'll last long regardless.

Ah, bizarre. Well I got the confirmation for the clear one so hooray! (I'm in the same boat as you re: wanting this since basically the first time I played a Fallout game)

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Ballz posted:

It's true, these are songs that still play in my brain pretty much day to day. And to reiterate: thanks for pointing this one out. I had no idea this existed until you posted it.

Oh man, thinking back to the Thing Northwest music festival last year where the pre-show music they blasted all weekend was just the Fallout GNR / New Vegas / FO4 songs. Just sitting in a field tripping balls belting out Butcher Pete was magical.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Ah ha, so apparently the black pressing was from last year and we all just missed it. Whoops.

Guess we’re stuck with the clear variant, seeing as how the only copy in black at Discogs is for the low, low price of $200.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

Oh drat, well then I'm even happier with my clear variant!

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

caligulamprey posted:

RecordCollecting.txt

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Lahar posted:

Before this Forum implodes, please somebody enjoy these two Albums

First two codes are Aksak Mabouls excellent new Album Figures.

Bottom code is Can - Soundtracks.

I didn't know Aksak Maboul were even still active but some of their old records are cool so I grabbed part 1 of figures but the code for part 2 doesn't work.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
This looks rad, a signed release of dredg live at the Fillmore:

https://dredg.merchnow.com/products/v2/314915/live-at-the-fillmore--signed-litho

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

https://pitchfork.com/news/jonathan-richmans-i-jonathan-gets-first-vinyl-release/

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes loving yes

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Some stuff from Bandcamp finally showed up

Mystery Steve
Nov 9, 2006
Fun Shoe
Did anybody else pick up the blarf record last year? Wasn't expecting it to price so high so quickly.

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/13811882?ev=rb

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Mystery Steve posted:

Did anybody else pick up the blarf record last year? Wasn't expecting it to price so high so quickly.

This is the best item description I've ever seen on discogs:

quote:

SEALED. Butt chug some jenkem and give it a spin on your player. Bird up!

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Mystery Steve posted:

Holy hell, they printed that?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I got another Jack Cruz on clear in the mail (that I forgot I had already ordered) so if anyone missed out you can have it for cost

marjorie
May 4, 2014

So is anyone else still waiting on that one (Flame of Love) to arrive, or just me? My order page says it shipped on May 28, estimated to arrive June 11th, but nothing. I put in the order January 24th.

pwn
May 27, 2004

marjorie posted:

So is anyone else still waiting on that one (Flame of Love) to arrive, or just me? My order page says it shipped on May 28, estimated to arrive June 11th, but nothing. I put in the order January 24th.

Still waiting.

I did get a bunch of goodies in the last week, though, so I've got plenty to play.

Bought Jack White another carton of smokes.

Still haven't canceled my Vault membership so I ordered a pile of stuff I've always wanted to get, including another De Stijl after I gave my first copy to a friend 5-ish years ago. That copy I had bought in 2005 had a printed inner sleeve, whereas this 2011 pressing comes in a polylined sleeve with the original inner art on a double-sided insert. Kiiiiiiiiind of a bummer but I do like polylined sleeves better. Still, if they were the same condition and price, I'm likely to go with the original. Good price on this though.

I didn't order the magazine, I guess they just threw it in for shits and giggles? :shrug: It's the first issue of TMR's house magazine. I thought it looked interesting but not worth $12 an issue. Thanks, though.

The Magnolia OST is terrific, of course. I put it on the other night while dissecting and cleaning a Virtual Boy controller with corroded battery terminals. Absolutely perfect music for slow, methodical cleaning.

And this nice pinback badge, on closeout for just $3. I actually got two of 'em, the other is a gift.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

marjorie posted:

Send them an email, they should reply back with a tracking number.

Mine only arrived last Friday so they’re still shipping them out. It looks like they printed all the mailing labels on the 28th and have slowly been sending them out ever since due to the rona.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

Ah, good idea Ballz. Thanks for the confirmation, guys; I don't mind waiting, I just didn't know if it was missing. Totally understand delays.

pwn posted:

The Magnolia OST is terrific, of course. I put it on the other night while dissecting and cleaning a Virtual Boy controller with corroded battery terminals. Absolutely perfect music for slow, methodical cleaning.

Very cool. Might need to add that to my list.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

The reissue of De Stijl on Third Man is by far the best that album ever sounded. It's an all analog pressing too, which earlier releases were not because the band couldn't afford that fancy pants poo poo. I have the XL pressings of the first three albums and the Third Man pressings blow them away. I came across a Sympathy for the Record Industry copy in a record store way back when but I'd already gotten the aforementioned reissue right before that so I was like "meh". It was 30 bucks and I wanted to spend the money on poo poo I didn't already have. Speaking of De Stiji and the Vault, that next package with all that old material and the live stuff looks crazy. The one they did for the first album was awesome so I can't wait for this one. I hope they do one of these for White Blood Cells.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

CPL593H posted:

The reissue of De Stijl on Third Man is by far the best that album ever sounded. It's an all analog pressing too, which earlier releases were not because the band couldn't afford that fancy pants poo poo. I have the XL pressings of the first three albums and the Third Man pressings blow them away. I came across a Sympathy for the Record Industry copy in a record store way back when but I'd already gotten the aforementioned reissue right before that so I was like "meh". It was 30 bucks and I wanted to spend the money on poo poo I didn't already have. Speaking of De Stiji and the Vault, that next package with all that old material and the live stuff looks crazy. The one they did for the first album was awesome so I can't wait for this one. I hope they do one of these for White Blood Cells.

I’m going to be getting the VMP edition when it ships in July. Not sure if the mastering is any different than the previous Third Man pressing.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Ballz posted:

I’m going to be getting the VMP edition when it ships in July. Not sure if the mastering is any different than the previous Third Man pressing.

I doubt very much it will come from different lacquers so probably not.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

AW poo poo, Christeene's album Basura is getting a repress via BandCamp this Friday, 270 copies.

EDIT: Will include a bonus picture disc. Hope it's not too pricy. Or it might be picture discs instead of the standard black vinyl? We'll find out Friday.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jun 30, 2020

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

AW poo poo, Christeene's album Basura is getting a repress via BandCamp this Friday, 270 copies.

EDIT: Will include a bonus picture disc. Hope it's not too pricy.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

pwn
May 27, 2004

CPL593H posted:

I played it late last night and it is the best I’ve ever heard it. Such a good record, I was gutted to get rid of it the first time.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
I just registered at needles and grooves. Thanks for the tip.

Where's a good place to go to hopefully buy someone's old collection of dance/house music? Like is there a retired Vinyl DJ's getting into dad-life forum?
My collection thirsts for more beats. I'm not picky, I'll take pretty much anything. Especially if it's unidentified white labels with handwritten notes all over the place.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I just registered at needles and grooves. Thanks for the tip.

Where's a good place to go to hopefully buy someone's old collection of dance/house music? Like is there a retired Vinyl DJ's getting into dad-life forum?
My collection thirsts for more beats. I'm not picky, I'll take pretty much anything. Especially if it's unidentified white labels with handwritten notes all over the place.

Discogs is always my go-to, but there's probably something super underground that's better.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

EDIT: Will include a bonus picture disc. Hope it's not too pricy. Or it might be picture discs instead of the standard black vinyl? We'll find out Friday.

Where did you hear about this and do you know what time it goes up?

On a related note I just saw a picture of the guy who is Christeene out of character and I can't believe these are the same person.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

CPL593H posted:

Posted to the official FB page. No mention of the exact time when it's going up, unfortunately.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

Posted to the official FB page. No mention of the exact time when it's going up, unfortunately.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I really wanted a copy of this album so this is a good second chance. Here's to hoping it doesn't sell out before I can buy one.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

CPL593H posted:

Just announced for 10 AM EST/7 PST.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

Just announced for 10 AM EST/7 PST.

Thanks, babe.

pwn
May 27, 2004

We’re currently in Daylight time, not Standard, so that would be 10 AM EDT/7 PDT.

Surprised they didn’t teach you that at Residents School :smug:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

They only teach you how to do drugs and scream about your dick in Residents school. :smith:

...passed with flying colors, though

(oh man, the new Residents album is out next week!)

marjorie
May 4, 2014

caligulamprey posted:

(oh man, the new Residents album is out next week!)

Speaking of, I'm trying to figure out the best place to grab this. Looks like there's a delay to the US via Cherry Red's site, but the MVD site has very little description and the price makes me think it's not the double LP. Then there's the crazy special editions these guys are selling (also subject to delays shipping to the US).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I pre-ordered via Amazon and cancelled as soon as they said it wouldn't be on my door for over a week. I've got a couple local stores that are open in a limited capacity that I'll check day of release.

Psychofon will charge an arm and a leg for extravagant "limited edition" pressings then turn around and re-press them "due to high demand" before the original stock even sells out. They have lovely business practices and I refuse to give them money.

No matter what, the release is kinda borked to begin with - the CD will have six extra tracks that won't show up on the vinyl at all even though the vinyl release (and I believe it only comes as two records) has two LPs with the demos taking up an entire LP despite running less than 25 minutes total.

Cherry Red's been blowing it since they bought the rights, honestly (Ghost of Hope, Intruders and now Dyin' Dog all drop songs for the vinyl releases). Secret Records is the only label that does up Residents releases right.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jul 1, 2020