Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Four-Eyes
Nov 3, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!
The worst thing about the Northern DZ is how...squishy everything is. Its possible to be pushing forward and only after a minute or two realise you've been wading through mushy blood and frozen body parts. It's a wonderfully grim but of world design, and the comparative lack of noise cokpares to everywhere else makes it feel truly abandoned.

Unrelated, but I'm clearing commendations up and each time I run Camp White Oak I cannot get over how petulant and whiny Manny is. Loses two entire units of soldiers, but only gets pissy about losing Ellis - who capturing at that point is largely a symbolic gesture. They clearly intended him to be out of his depth, but he instead feels like a child in that instance.

Its the same with Kelso. Largely inoffensive character that I was completely put off by her audio log when she sounds like she's getting turned on at the prospect of having no oversight or significant limitations in her duties. I can't help but give her the side eye now, as she seems little more than a psychopath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Four-Eyes posted:

This isn't an optimised build by any stretch, but the following was a solid foundation for me:

Skill Tier, obviously. 5 if you're a Technician, 6 otherwise. Skill Damage is key, and however much haste you're comfortable with - even on an all red build with no haste my Turret has a 20 second cool down though, and I can't say I've ever felt pressured to speed it up.

Tech Support on your backpack is great. Every time you hit something with your gun you get a 25% damage boost on the Skills, which updates the damage output of your Turret and drone instantly - there's no delay.

I'd suggest Unbreakable on your chest piece, if only for the extra security.

In Sync on your primary weapon. You shoot something and your skills do more damage, skills hit someone your gun does more damage. Both hit something within a generous window and the buff on both is doubled.

Future Perfect would be a decent choice on your secondary if you're brushing up against the Skill Tier cap. Being able to kill something and guarantee overcharge can be valuable and rip through bosses, if they have minions. Only caveat is that it needs a kill not just a simple hit like IS.

Get something roughly like that and you'll be in a solid place to move up.

Yeah this is like easy heroics without having any good gear. Just get Hana U and Wyvern set bonuses. Don't need any exotics or set pieces.

Four-Eyes
Nov 3, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!
It's funny how skills veer between nearly useless and absolutely unstoppable. I don't think there's even been a time where they've been between the two extremes, and I doubt they ever will be at this point.

Four-Eyes
Nov 3, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!
Sorry to double post, but the servers just came up. The new time trial league is now Hard missions, with a single Challenging one.

I might be able to earn more than 30 stages in one week now. :v:

Edit: Bank, Federal Bunker, White Oak and Manning Zoo. Skill kills and enemies burned.

Four-Eyes fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jun 30, 2020

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Four-Eyes posted:

Sorry to double post, but the servers just came up. The new time trial league is now Hard missions, with a single Challenging one.

I might be able to earn more than 30 stages in one week now. :v:

Edit: Bank, Federal Bunker, White Oak and Manning Zoo. Skill kills and enemies burned.
lol, it's not like the heroics were a bad idea- it's just they picked the most obnoxious ones. Like, of all the missions to make you speed run they picked Heroic DARPA labs last time??

Four-Eyes
Nov 3, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!
Oh I don't disagree, even If I would prefer separate challenges for each difficulty, it was just a surprise seeing that they made the change. At least this time I won't lose time due to Rogue agents.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Warning: small UI bug.

I just completed Bank HQ on Hard, max rank, and...

:confuoot:

The ranks are normal if you inspect them, but still, I was a bit confused.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
There's a Division 2 Twitch Stream starting in a few minutes and I think they're doing some Twitch drops if anyone cares.

Four-Eyes
Nov 3, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!
Well I'll be damned, got a Pestilence. Seems fun to use but I can't tell if it's better or worse than my primary AR, ha.

Oh well. Suits my playstyle as a secondary more than the Nemesis does.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Jose Oquendo posted:

There's a Division 2 Twitch Stream starting in a few minutes and I think they're doing some Twitch drops if anyone cares.

How often are we supposed to get drops anyway?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

What kind of drops do you get for letting Twitch spy on you?

Edit: Oh its a helmet and a backpack trophy.

magiccarpet fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jun 30, 2020

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Four-Eyes posted:

Well I'll be damned, got a Pestilence. Seems fun to use but I can't tell if it's better or worse than my primary AR, ha.

Oh well. Suits my playstyle as a secondary more than the Nemesis does.

It's a solid weapon and having a way to "mark" opponents just by hitting them is a significant bonus.

magiccarpet posted:

What kind of drops do you get for letting Twitch spy on you?

Maybe the iconic hat of Aidan Pearce?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Quill posted:

It's a solid weapon and having a way to "mark" opponents just by hitting them is a significant bonus.

Also if you kill a tank with it, the 50 stack debuff wandering around will absolutely gently caress up trash enemies until it ends up on someone you have to put some fire on for once. It’s really fun.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Elblanco posted:

How often are we supposed to get drops anyway?

https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/Faqs/000055672

supposedly you just have to watch their enabled streams for 90m total to get the two cosmetics, we shall see I guess.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

More newb questions ...

What's the skill that puts the flag over enemies? They seem to melt quickly and goofy fireworks when they explode ...

Also, was last season timed in terms of the bounties like this one seems to be? I completed Termite yesterday and discovered that the others are all locked with a timer counting down?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I'm hoping for Division 3 to go West and be set in San Francisco. We've got the potential for some amazing set-pieces; Golden Gate Park, the Presidio, the Old Mint, all the irregular nooks and crannies in SoMa, multiple college campuses. To say nothing of neighborhoods familiar to me.

Everyone should be hoping for a hometown edition.

Opentarget
Mar 17, 2009
Hell yeah, Division 4: Omaha

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

hatelull posted:

More newb questions ...

What's the skill that puts the flag over enemies? They seem to melt quickly and goofy fireworks when they explode ...

Also, was last season timed in terms of the bounties like this one seems to be? I completed Termite yesterday and discovered that the others are all locked with a timer counting down?

That's the True Patriot gearset. It was super hot until the self heal got hit with nerf bat so it's fallen out of favor now. It's still a nice treat when someone is running it in a group.

And yeah, the bounties are timed pretty much the same this season vs. last

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

mllaneza posted:

I'm hoping for Division 3 to go West and be set in San Francisco. We've got the potential for some amazing set-pieces; Golden Gate Park, the Presidio, the Old Mint, all the irregular nooks and crannies in SoMa, multiple college campuses. To say nothing of neighborhoods familiar to me.

Everyone should be hoping for a hometown edition.

Division 3: Suburbia.

"Alright Agent, the True Sons are holed up inside of the Best Buy, and are drilling their way towards Target. We've got a strike team mounting a raid at Applebees, GO!"

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MunchE posted:

Division 3: Suburbia.

"Alright Agent, the True Sons are holed up inside of the Best Buy, and are drilling their way towards Target. We've got a strike team mounting a raid at Applebees, GO!"

The only difference is the Division goes from fiction to nonfiction here soon.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Opentarget posted:

Hell yeah, Division 4: Omaha

still a better idea than LA

Massive could close the loop and return to Seattle and bring back Colonel Sawyer from WIC to yell at you some more.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Agent, we need you to defend In-n-Out!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Morter posted:

Control Point In-n-Out is the most well-defended location in the entire map, never goes hostile because JTF has a triple garrison there at all times

e: this reminds me, I think there's an opportunity for a scripted BoO attack mission. Much like XCOM's base defense, you could do a lot with the concept as a way to open the final act of the plot... or whatever.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Oh ew, legit puzzle boss.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Fabricated posted:

Oh ew, legit puzzle boss.

yeah I'm watching that Capo dude that Ubi is hosting. He isn't broadcasting the team chat so I'm having a hard time figuring out the puzzle.

Grobbit
Jan 20, 2009
One of my bigger issues with this game still remains the loot/gear sorting and storing system.

When I started I didn't even use the stash except for the very few exotics that I got and then didn't use as I was burning through gear as I levelled and got better and better ranked gear. Now I'm at "end game" I can't help but store at least 1 item of every armour gear set on the off chance I either want to switch class/setup (I might eventually decide to move away from pure skill build) or if they nerf/buff something significantly. On top of that mods are an unnecessarily complicated system, for example why have a mod slot for firefly that can only have 1 type of mod (+1 target)? Why not bake it into the skill itself and end up with the same result.

I'd love to see an option to compare all gear (weapons/armour/mods) with what you already have in your inventory/stash like they do with the values compared to what you have in your re-calibration library. That way you could automatically trash any items you know you've already got a higher value of without having to compare like for like.

I realise that I could just play and not worry about the (relatively) small stat differences, trashing everything that isn't a new exotic, but since the stats do add up cumulatively and they are a fairly core part of the looter shooter genre it'd be nice to have a UI that at least wasn't such a faff.

fake edit; also an increase in stash size would be nice, I can't say I appreciate that the only way to increase it further is to make extra characters as mules to hold stuff (although it does bring back memories of Diablo2).

Four-Eyes
Nov 3, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!
You guys better mean its a Tower of Hanoi boss.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Grobbit posted:

Now I'm at "end game" I can't help but store at least 1 item of every armour gear set on the off chance

This is what needs to change, much as it might hurt to do so. "Just in case" gear stash means the amount of time you spend managing 300 items in a stash and hundreds across mules will far outweigh the amount of time you'd spend farming up a 'good enough' piece for a build later if you actually need to. Unless something is perfect, junk it. Sure, keep an eye out for builds so you know, say, if you pull a max AWD/CHD/CHC Sacrifice chest, you hang on to it. But don't keep some rainbow piece of crap 5.11 hoping that maybe in TU15 they make it meta. In the short and the long run, aggressive junking will save you time.

back in the original raid days at GS500 one of the people we raided with had 4 full characters and a full stash and a spreadsheet to track it and that was what burned them out, not the game itself.

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jun 30, 2020

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Four-Eyes posted:

You guys better mean its a Tower of Hanoi boss.
I'm working so I only watched a bit of it, but it may be tower of hanoi + some swap mechanics. Something about multiple water pressure stations, a control room that needs to regularly be turned back on by two people timing a lever pull together, and other stuff.

Four-Eyes
Nov 3, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!
Oh gently caress me I didn't think they'd actually make a ToH boss, ahaha. Wonder if Bioware were involved.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Four-Eyes posted:

Oh gently caress me I didn't think they'd actually make a ToH boss, ahaha. Wonder if Bioware were involved.
The raid team I watched a bit of wasn't fed the mechanics like whomever probably got the world first if anyone got it yet, so they were puzzling over it all. There's a lot of poo poo you can see during the fight but it's not clear how much matters so far.

Unless they just went apeshit on its mechanics, it'll get broken down to the level of "okay these two guys do the mentally difficult stuff, these two hit a button every minute or so, everyone else just shoots people"- and that's provided there's no hilarious brute force solution where you only do the mechanic right once and just have everyone gun the boss 100%-0% so fast the encounter can't play out normally.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

re: stash hoarding ...

For no good reason, all my green drops (and the few exotics I have had drop for me) go into the stash immediately. Purples are an automatic sell. Yellows I feed to the Calibration Station and then I sell. At some point when I decide I want to do something other than a DPS build I will probably regret dumping a fuckton of what was probably good yellows but a few group heroic runs can pile up the yellows again easy. I'm really ready for my calibration stuff to be filled out though. I hate that mindless cycle the most.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Morter posted:

Ha ha this remind me of that one control point on the gas station right next to the Kennedy Center that every one uses when you gently caress up the turn to get onto 66. I will defend that place with my life.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Just out of curiosity ...
What control points do you lot actively despise having to deal with on Heroic and why?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Pretty much any CP where you have to attack “up” at the enemies is annoying. That bombed out building in Judiciary I think, Cinderblock?, is the one that comes to mind immediately. Demolition Site because unless you get close you’ll get shot by the minigun the entire time, same thing with The Mast. The Metro CP is really confined.

Four-Eyes
Nov 3, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

hatelull posted:

Just out of curiosity ...
What control points do you lot actively despise having to deal with on Heroic and why?

The Choke, and the Solar Farm.

The latter is a massive pain in the arse to crack as the enemy starts off very well dug in, and because the reinforcements spawn inside you can't easily nuke them while they're stepping out. This is multiplied for True Sons or Cleaners, given the sheer amount of turrets and crap they can deploy.

I hate the solar farm as the enemy seems to come from all directions, and the fighting inevitably gets the attention of every other nearby group. I love me a big fight but that's not something I can afford on Heroic!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
So far I have seen two different encounters in the raid and both seem like awful WoW raid mechanic stuff I hate

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Its amazing that we live in a world where one person can gift another an exotic, and the recipient doesn't even say thank you, even after saying how cool and useful said received exotic was.

We shouldn't have survived the dollar flu. :smith:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Four-Eyes posted:

Unrelated, but I'm clearing commendations up and each time I run Camp White Oak I cannot get over how petulant and whiny Manny is. Loses two entire units of soldiers, but only gets pissy about losing Ellis - who capturing at that point is largely a symbolic gesture. They clearly intended him to be out of his depth, but he instead feels like a child in that instance.

I saw someone on Reddit say that the Japanese voice acting is really good and so I switched to it after playing through everything and getting tired of it.

It is really good, and sounds like an anime which is kind of fun, but Manny sounds really badass in it which does not fit his character at all. He's gruff and tough sounding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grobbit
Jan 20, 2009

Psion posted:

This is what needs to change, much as it might hurt to do so. "Just in case" gear stash means the amount of time you spend managing 300 items in a stash and hundreds across mules will far outweigh the amount of time you'd spend farming up a 'good enough' piece for a build later if you actually need to. Unless something is perfect, junk it. Sure, keep an eye out for builds so you know, say, if you pull a max AWD/CHD/CHC Sacrifice chest, you hang on to it. But don't keep some rainbow piece of crap 5.11 hoping that maybe in TU15 they make it meta. In the short and the long run, aggressive junking will save you time.

This is all true,

quote:

back in the original raid days at GS500 one of the people we raided with had 4 full characters and a full stash and a spreadsheet to track it and that was what burned them out, not the game itself.

This is pretty much what I fear happening, I will admit to similar :brainworms: even when I played Destiny2 so I think I'll go through my gear today and do a clear out before I completely burnout on an issue that I can ignore (much as it goes against my nature).