Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

👍!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Since there's no new movie posters because movie theaters are gone now, let's just post some classic bangers

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Since there's no new movie posters because movie theaters are gone now, let's just post some classic bangers

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

The Janitor (Cage) finds himself stranded in a remote town. Unable to pay the repair shop to fix his Jeep, he agrees to work off his debt by spending the night cleaning Willy’s Wonderland, an abandoned theme park full of animatronic characters that were once a beacon of fun for children to play with.

“But Willy’s Wonderland carries a dark secret that The Janitor is about to discover. He’s been lured into a deadly trap, or rather, a living nightmare, as the Wonderland’s animatronic characters come to life to destroy him. The Janitor is forced to fight his way from one monster to another, trying to survive until morning.

“And The Janitor doesn’t play nice.”

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Was this one of those "Wanted to make Five Nights at Freddy's but couldn't get the license" deals?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Was this one of those "Wanted to make Five Nights at Freddy's but couldn't get the license" deals?

“We can get the license OR Nic Cage.”

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Technically that's some First Class design work.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

where can i watch this

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

scary ghost dog posted:

where can i watch this

IMDB says that it's still doing pickups.

Also it used to be called Wally's, wonder why the change.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
When I was a kid my local mom and pop rental place had this poster from A Fish Called Wanda.

I was absolutely fascinated with the idea of this movie about a 6 foot tall anthropomorphic fish lady that apparently commits crimes. I was a few years too young to rent an R-rated movie, but I wondered about it every time I went there. I would catch it years later on TV and boy was the child in me disappointed.

At some point it got replaced with a poster for BAPS, which 1) why? and 2) love that the tagline is 'here are two movies you have heard of'

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Saint Freak posted:

When I was a kid my local mom and pop rental place had this poster from A Fish Called Wanda.

I was absolutely fascinated with the idea of this movie about a 6 foot tall anthropomorphic fish lady that apparently commits crimes. I was a few years too young to rent an R-rated movie, but I wondered about it every time I went there. I would catch it years later on TV and boy was the child in me disappointed.

That totally needs to be remade for The Shape of Water.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Saint Freak posted:

At some point it got replaced with a poster for BAPS, which 1) why? and 2) love that the tagline is 'here are two movies you have heard of'

Wait, what are they trying to say?

the poster posted:

These
Prostitutes...

are
High
School
Students!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I love both Fright Night posters so drat much, along with the poster for Vamp.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 29, 2020

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Saint Freak posted:

Hell of a makeup job on Landau

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They chose wisely.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I like Drew Struzan a lot

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I have a hard time believing Nic Cage is that expensive.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Saint Freak posted:

I worked at a Blockbuster when this came out, and once was called racist by a customer because we only had two copies to rent.

https://twitter.com/scottEweinberg/status/1277664074508177408?s=20

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

duz posted:

I have a hard time believing Nic Cage is that expensive.

Apparently he doesn't speak in this one so maybe they got a discount too.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Maybe they're paying him in Ammonite fossils.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

They’ve been pushing that Irresistable movie hard and boy howdy that’s a bad poster.

The look on Carell’s face is like: “Do YOU have any idea what this loving movie is about? Cause I don’t.” Meanwhile Byrne is like, “Ew, are you thinking about watching this thing?”

Great use of white space, too. Just top-notch promotional material.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Splint Chesthair posted:

They’ve been pushing that Irresistable movie hard and boy howdy that’s a bad poster.

The look on Carell’s face is like: “Do YOU have any idea what this loving movie is about? Cause I don’t.” Meanwhile Byrne is like, “Ew, are you thinking about watching this thing?”

What are they supposed to do with a political satire thats' politics and satire are both over a decade out of date? Make the poster look like it came from 2007 and just pretend that's when the movie was made?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Wendell posted:

I like Drew Struzan a lot

As do I but only when he's making movie posters.

His non-reference "original" work suuuuuucks.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Inzombiac posted:

As do I but only when he's making movie posters.

His non-reference "original" work suuuuuucks.

goddamn. How do you hand paint something and it ends up looking like a photograph run through a lovely photoshop filter?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

I love that poster. It definitely is the type that would get your attention at the video store and make you rent it. Fright Night 2 is such a weird movie but I dig it.

I love the first one though. It's funny, genuinely scary in parts, it pays homage to vampire movies that came before it. Chris Sarandon and Roddy McDowall are great in it. The hook of 'horror host ends up fighting real vampires' is so goddamn great. I love horror hosts so the movie just pushes all the right buttons.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I also love Fright Night, but recognize that its let down by its main characters—Charlie is a dopey bore, Evil Ed is half-baked, Amy is totally underserved, and Peter Vincent is a missed opportunity. It's still a flick I adore, and I'll vouch for it any day of the week because it works in spite of its problems, but it does have some deep problems.

But Chris Serandon isn't one of them :allears:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Peter Vincent is perfect. Roddy did such a great job with him. I can't think of anything I'd want to change with him.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Brooke Shields looks like she's dead.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/status/1278015679015182337?s=19

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Splint Chesthair posted:

I can't stand posters that give absolutely no idea to anyone of what the movie is about

The whole POINT of posters is to get people to see your movie, idiots...

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah, "funny man smiles" only really works for something like 40 Year Old Virgin where the title tells you, hey, it's about a guy who's 40 and doesn't ever gently caress and then the guy is smiling and you're like "yeah, okay, I see that this guy definitely doesn't gently caress."

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

sequels to sicario really going that direction, huh

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
If you asked me to make a parody of what a David Ayer movie looks like, it'd just be that.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Man, its good that the only movies David Ayer has ever made are Training Day and End of Watch.

The only movies he's ever made.

The onnnnnnnly movies.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Soto The LaBeouf

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

1stGear posted:

... good ... movie ... End of Watch.

:hmmno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I think Ayer is from South LA so he's writing and directing what he knows.

A few Twitter replies jokingly suggests that Shia Labeouf (also in Ayer's WW2 movie Fury) is basically playing a fictional version of him.