Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

antisodachrist
Jul 24, 2007
I have watched this over and over and keep laughing.

https://twitter.com/Jerkwheatery/status/1278112190621536257

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

antisodachrist posted:

So this is how the LAB saga ends.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

antisodachrist posted:

this kept escalating in a really satisfying way

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Feet to head, now Hank's dead :sigh:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

SpacePig posted:

I always love when 2 columns have the same item. Can't wait to read Children of Bone and Bone.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.

antisodachrist posted:

Imagine being alive when there 4 channels, 4 options of a show to watch, and this was one of them

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mustached5thGrader posted:

Imagine being alive when there 4 channels, 4 options of a show to watch, and this was one of them

I remember when television was good* like, 2.5 hours of the week, tops. And most of that was Saturday morning.

*for a very limited value of "good"

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Memento posted:

I remember when television was good* like, 2.5 hours of the week, tops. And most of that was Saturday morning.

*for a very limited value of "good"

This is still mostly true. It's just that you only realize it when stuck somewhere like a hospital with no cellphone or other device and whatever injury/illness makes it so that you can't really do anything but lie there with the TV on.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There were zero "reality" shows so I'd take it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Zil posted:

Wait people use their real information on these things?

Yes, but only because my name is Def Stu.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Children of Blood and Bone is already a (pretty good) YA novel, but you can't make the title from that chart.

Recently I found an old friend.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

3D Megadoodoo posted:

There were zero "reality" shows so I'd take it.
There was America's Got Talent in the 80s, it was called Star Search.

Looking at the Wikipedia page, the only name of a winner that I recognize is Brad Garrett who went on to be the brother on Everybody Loves Raymond.

Who won male singer in 1983? This guy:

80s as gently caress

CannonFodder has a new favorite as of 03:31 on Jul 1, 2020

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.

Randaconda posted:

https://twitter.com/aeshryver_/status/1277620854571126791
you could tell me there already was a YA series called Daughter of Glass and Bone and I'd believe you

If through some dark ritual I became a PYF mod I'd lay down the "Moon Moon Rule":

Two night probation
for posting or replying to
a "Find your X" meme
and if I was in
a really bad mood
two Lunar Cycles.

That's roughly 59 days
not nice

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

SpacePig posted:

Children of Bone and Bone.

Aren't we all

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Melaneus posted:

If through some dark ritual I became a PYF mod I'd lay down the "Moon Moon Rule":

Two night probation
a "Find your X" meme
and if I was in
a really bad mood
two Lunar Cycles.

That's roughly 59 days
not nice

yeah ok pact of mist and salt

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

stevewm
May 10, 2005

37 here and I remember this... Up until 1997 all my parents had was broadcast TV. And being surrounded by trees and smack in the middle of 3 major TV markets meant no channel was particularly strong. Only 3-6 where watchable depending on time of the year. And that was with the antenna on a 30ft tower.

Our TV lineup from late spring to early fall consisted entirely of NBC, CBS, and one station with no network affiliation that just ran syndicated shows.

It sucked.

We had an extensive VHS collection though!

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

stevewm posted:

37 here and I remember this... Up until 1997 all my parents had was broadcast TV. And being surrounded by trees and smack in the middle of 3 major TV markets meant no channel was particularly strong. Only 3-6 where watchable depending on time of the year. And that was with the antenna on a 30ft tower.

Our TV lineup from late spring to early fall consisted entirely of NBC, CBS, and one station with no network affiliation that just ran syndicated shows.

It sucked.

We had an extensive VHS collection though!

I remember when the third network began broadcasting in my remote North-west Australian area.

Prior to that, we could enjoy whatever the national broadcaster (ABC) put on, or whatever the regional private broadcaster put on. At least in those days the ABC was actually funded well enough to provide some well-rounded programming, but if you didn't have a membership to the local video rental store or or an NES, you were boned for on-screen entertainment.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

CannonFodder posted:

Looking at the Wikipedia page, the only name of a winner that I recognize is Brad Garrett who went on to be the brother on Everybody Loves Raymond.

real mind gently caress poo poo looking at the list of star search winners vs the list of other talent that was on the show and didn't win. apparently that show was the debut of destiny's child????

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

antisodachrist posted:

I simply cannot understand why Hitler started making that noise.

I also don't understand how it (presumably) worked as intended.

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Chris Pistols posted:

Hawaii Hitler was making the Helicopter mating call. Merlin thought the chopper was in-fact DTF and bonered it's way to certain doom.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

oldpainless posted:

Crossroads remix looking good

Crossroads already was a remix :eng101:

stevewm
May 10, 2005

PuntCuncher posted:

I remember when the third network began broadcasting in my remote North-west Australian area.

Prior to that, we could enjoy whatever the national broadcaster (ABC) put on, or whatever the regional private broadcaster put on. At least in those days the ABC was actually funded well enough to provide some well-rounded programming, but if you didn't have a membership to the local video rental store or or an NES, you were boned for on-screen entertainment.

Yeah there where nearly daily trips to the local video rental store. Which oddly enough my cousin ended up buying about 15 years ago and still owns and operates to this day!

My grandparents could afford a giant C Band dish that got 25 (!!!!) channels. They recorded a ton of movies off HBO to VHS tapes at SLP/EP speeds (ugh). So a lot of those were borrowed. Even though the picture quality was terrible, it was something to watch!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Melaneus posted:

Two night probation
a "Find your X" meme
and if I was in
a really bad mood
two Lunar Cycles.

That's roughly 59 days
not nice
drat it I got Probe Probe.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Chris Pistols posted:

I think it had been established earlier that he thought he could call birds with that noise.

He was also incredibly full of poo poo.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I think it had been established earlier that he thought he could call birds with that noise.

I thought he might have just been panicked/startled by the events unfolding around him.

Like this beaver:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyh1glTNuh0

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Holy gently caress you people are old.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Star Search is what made those group gymnastics teams so fuckin popular in the early to mid 90s. If you weren't doing choreographed gymnastic routines with your friends at recess building human pyramids and poo poo you were a fuckin loser. I was a huge loser back then and even I was in one.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Chris Pistols posted:

I thought he might have just been panicked/startled by the events unfolding around him.

Like this beaver:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyh1glTNuh0

Forever one of my favourite videos.

Just the politest disgust and horror :allears:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CannonFodder posted:

Talent shows aren't reality TV*, and have probably existed for hundreds if not thousands of years.

*) Although I think they've added reality TV elements/segments/spin-offs at some point to make the things unwatchable.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh about 4 channels, I remember when we had two-and-a-half. The third one had a time slot on channel 2 (I think) and that was the only time we had commercials on TV. Good times, but it wasn't the 2000s. The 2000s had Moon TV and Rakel's Fuckschool. Still bummed about them not airing the assfuck episode; still have no idea how to assfuck.

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love
I was candle shopping and just stumbled on this wonderful review for a Wal Mart brand candle:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Pump Jockey posted:

I was candle shopping and just stumbled on this wonderful review for a Wal Mart brand candle:

They're idiots. That candle made the driver hit them, $3 spent on having a car crash into your house is not a good investment.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Hey, give the man some credit: his silly sound did indeed drive away a killer parrot that an armed Navy Seal was losing to.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Ah, rural Australia. I remember we eventually got an extra antenna that could pick up the city channels... sometimes. I'd spend my mornings desperately praying it'd pick up Cheez TV well enough to watch Pokemon.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Ah, rural Australia. I remember we eventually got an extra antenna that could pick up the city channels... sometimes. I'd spend my mornings desperately praying it'd pick up Cheez TV well enough to watch Pokemon.

I lived in Sydney but in a valley. People had 20m high antennas to get 7 / 9. At no point was only getting ABC upsetting. Pay tv has always sucked.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Cheap laughs ahoy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Rondette posted:

Cheap laughs ahoy

It's not cheap given what the aussie dollar buys pounds at.