Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
Some tips for anyone wondering if they should get a gun for home defense:

Don't get a rifle for it, especially not something like an AR-15. It fires rounds that will penetrate any wall in your house and possibly injure or kill someone in another room or outside. Get either a 12ga shotgun (pump or semi, no break-action or over-under) or a handgun between 9mm and .45 ACP, revolver, or automatic. Use 2 and 3/4" 12ga 00 buckshot with a shotgun, or hollow-point ammo in a handgun to minimize overpenetration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Hmm that might be true but can you smoke weed out of it

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

alnilam posted:

exactly

Areola Grande

Barco Fiesta posted:

minimize overpenetration

please don't doxx me

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Finger Prince

prepuce repurposed posted:

semi auto rum gun getting me ready for Trashed Crew rn :gb2tfr:

Super soaker filled with gin and soda and limes.

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

alnilam posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk274tUt3_w

Waals Vander

Live...
Laugh...
Post...
ive never smoked weed

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I own a Winchester model 70 bolt-action rifle in 30-06. But I never fire it or even load it with bullets. Mostly we just hang out and talk about life.

Areola Grande

Waals Vander posted:

ive never smoked weed

try it and maybe lurk more

Areola Grande

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I own a Winchester model 70 bolt-action rifle in 30-06. But I never fire it or even load it with bullets. Mostly we just hang out and talk about life.

chill use of a firearm. do u ever use it as a prop ala carrot top

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I have quite a lot of guns because I used to be really into them. They just chill out in a safe mostly These days!

I think my favorite is a big black powder musket that makes a big ‘FWOOM’ and a bunch of smelly smoke and mostly doesn’t actually hit anything but it is fun as heck because it makes fire and a loud noise and who doesn’t like that!

I think those guns that shoot out flags in the cartoons are pretty chill and I wish I had one.

Sometimes I pretend I am a machine gun shooting out posts at a rate of 1200ppm (posts per minute)

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

this week only at second city: improv hour with klobb odenkirk and Louis PPK

lmao Louis PPK

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

Pahilla the Hun

i dont want to get political but guns don’t chill people: people do

thanks nesamdoom!!

Areola Grande

Pahilla the Hun posted:

i dont want to get political but guns don’t chill people: people do

u just chilled me friend :chillpill:

Areola Grande

BYOB: chilling them softly

Pahilla the Hun

BYOB: chilling them softly

with my bong uh ong my bo-uh-aw-uh-oong

thanks nesamdoom!!

Pahilla the Hun

Pahilla the Hun posted:

with my bong uh ong my bo-uh-aw-uh-oong

oh is that Lauren Chill?

yes yes it is

thanks nesamdoom!!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Goodness no! Guns must be respected

The Voice of Labor

the colt de-escalator

Dip Viscous

i don't know what a carrot top is but ar-15 mags are really good for holding/dispensing baby carrots

Ice Phisherman

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

I was going to plink at some cans with my .22. It's fun. Line them up on the fence and knock them down. New holes in each, through and through. But that's all I do with guns these days. Targets.

And my pumpkin patch doesn't really need protecting. If someone wants a pumpkin, they can just ask for one and it's theirs. Not pumpkins exactly. My patch is full of potatoes because it's the wrong season. The bunnies in my garden eat the plants and people tell me to plink at bunnies, but the bunnies are hungry too. Just plant snacks for bunnies around what I want to snack on. Flowers on the outside, tender young shoots. Little marigolds. I mean, why go for the beans or lettuce when a bunny can sink their teeth into delicious flowers? And they can't eat all the flowers, so the bees have snacks too. I plant lots of flowers, they make lots of honey. I might set up a hive to collect some honey one of these days. Though it won't be this year.

It's like I don't need my gun at all. I mean, I'll keep it just in case, but if I don't have to fire it ever, that's cool. Why protect what I have with violence when I can just plant extra?

I've killed what I've eaten before. Made this thing that used to live and breathe into something that didn't. That we don't have to do that is a luxury. I eat meat, but I don't eat much. Bunnies just want to get by. So do pigs and chickens and sheep and cows. And me. But I can mostly get by without killing. Don't need to kill to get eggs or milk or butter.

The gun doesn't need to do much is what I'm saying. It stays in my gun locker with the rest of them. And yeah, maybe I'll shoot at a target once in a while, but I haven't aimed one at a living thing in over a decade and even then, just a single bunny. Now I have bunnies and squirrels all over the yard. Momma deer and her fawns too. And things are so chill and peaceful that the babies will nurse from the mother in front of my sliding door and I can just watch while I sip my coffee.

A lot of people love guns. I see the appeal. But honestly, I'm more happy not to think about my guns.

Stooge

what's the gun that goes "pfwomp"

what's the gun that goes "kerpangk"

Ice Phisherman

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Stooge posted:

what's the gun that goes "kerpangk"

That would be the Fallout Railway Rifle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4GWRE1SEeI

It got an extra toot toot sound upgrade in 4.

nut

i, too, am known to handle a .22 with ease and precision to keep empty monster energy cans off my property

nut

*sniffs the air* do you smell that? is that...mean bean? Honey, get the strap

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

defending my property from 30-50 feral coke cans

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Areola Grande

Ice Phisherman posted:

I was going to plink at some cans with my .22. It's fun. Line them up on the fence and knock them down. New holes in each, through and through. But that's all I do with guns these days. Targets.

And my pumpkin patch doesn't really need protecting. If someone wants a pumpkin, they can just ask for one and it's theirs. Not pumpkins exactly. My patch is full of potatoes because it's the wrong season. The bunnies in my garden eat the plants and people tell me to plink at bunnies, but the bunnies are hungry too. Just plant snacks for bunnies around what I want to snack on. Flowers on the outside, tender young shoots. Little marigolds. I mean, why go for the beans or lettuce when a bunny can sink their teeth into delicious flowers? And they can't eat all the flowers, so the bees have snacks too. I plant lots of flowers, they make lots of honey. I might set up a hive to collect some honey one of these days. Though it won't be this year.

It's like I don't need my gun at all. I mean, I'll keep it just in case, but if I don't have to fire it ever, that's cool. Why protect what I have with violence when I can just plant extra?

I've killed what I've eaten before. Made this thing that used to live and breathe into something that didn't. That we don't have to do that is a luxury. I eat meat, but I don't eat much. Bunnies just want to get by. So do pigs and chickens and sheep and cows. And me. But I can mostly get by without killing. Don't need to kill to get eggs or milk or butter.

The gun doesn't need to do much is what I'm saying. It stays in my gun locker with the rest of them. And yeah, maybe I'll shoot at a target once in a while, but I haven't aimed one at a living thing in over a decade and even then, just a single bunny. Now I have bunnies and squirrels all over the yard. Momma deer and her fawns too. And things are so chill and peaceful that the babies will nurse from the mother in front of my sliding door and I can just watch while I sip my coffee.

A lot of people love guns. I see the appeal. But honestly, I'm more happy not to think about my guns.

this gun post was so chill I had to grab a jacket

:coolfish:

Ass-penny

This post was extremely good, and chill.
And the Lauryn Chill jokes, pr & PtH, you were both killing it.
I grew up in a house with a 22. rifle and never knew it til I was an adult. My dad was in the Navy in Vietnam, had a job stateside though. Anyways, his Navy buddies got him to go get a gun with them at a Sears or something, did some target shooting, ultimately never used it again as his Navy friends drifted apart after his discharge and getting married and whatever. Seems pretty chill, not sure the drop ceiling in the basement where your kids live was the right call but hey, it ended well I suppose.
My other gun story is that the most redneck of my friends took me to his aunt's up north for his bachelor party. His brother bought a box of clay pigeons and 12 gauge shells on the way to the property. He's so pumped to see me shoot, as I never hunted or fired a gun before, and I dunno he works himself into a lather about that kind of poo poo. Anyway I smoked the first pigeon, first shell out the barrel. Then I proceeded to miss every other shot. I wasn't keeping super close count, we were rotating between a dozen or so dudes too, and my man's aunt who was awesome as hell. I probably shot another 15 or 20 shells, but couldn't get a solid hit like that first one.
Well those are my bad (but chill?) gun stories, thanks for listening.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

This post was extremely good, and chill.
And the Lauryn Chill jokes, pr & PtH, you were both killing it.
I grew up in a house with a 22. rifle and never knew it til I was an adult. My dad was in the Navy in Vietnam, had a job stateside though. Anyways, his Navy buddies got him to go get a gun with them at a Sears or something, did some target shooting, ultimately never used it again as his Navy friends drifted apart after his discharge and getting married and whatever. Seems pretty chill, not sure the drop ceiling in the basement where your kids live was the right call but hey, it ended well I suppose.
My other gun story is that the most redneck of my friends took me to his aunt's up north for his bachelor party. His brother bought a box of clay pigeons and 12 gauge shells on the way to the property. He's so pumped to see me shoot, as I never hunted or fired a gun before, and I dunno he works himself into a lather about that kind of poo poo. Anyway I smoked the first pigeon, first shell out the barrel. Then I proceeded to miss every other shot. I wasn't keeping super close count, we were rotating between a dozen or so dudes too, and my man's aunt who was awesome as hell. I probably shot another 15 or 20 shells, but couldn't get a solid hit like that first one.
Well those are my bad (but chill?) gun stories, thanks for listening.

Clay pigeons are hard. I shatter maybe 1 in 5.
It's sometimes the only way to chill with my dad. He LOVES guns

Areola Grande

my older brother was a proper redneck. He knew I didn't like very loud and unchill implements of fun so when I was 13 and he was 15 he went to the garage and loaded a .12 guage shotgun's three shell chamber with 3 shells in this order: normal shot, turkey load, normal shot.

it was springtime so the cattle pasture was all mud--mostly clay iirc. He led myself and his friend Melvin out a ways. My brother took the first shot at nothing in particular. We were here to pop my "shotgun cherry", not to destroy stuff,(for once).

He handed me the gun and made sure I knew how to brace it upon my shoulder. I knew it was gonna kick something awful. What I didn't know is that a turkey load has enough combustion to make you skid backwards about 5 feet in the mud. We all laughed. Melvin didn't bother with his shot.

I couldn't ride my bike for a while after that from the lasting body aches but I learned not to ever gently caress with a turkey load again

Dip Viscous

it would be really cool if people could not do that kind of stuff to people with less experience because it's not funny and also causes people to not enjoy shooting

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Dip Viscous posted:

it would be really cool if people could not do that kind of stuff to people with less experience because it's not funny and also causes people to not enjoy shooting

Sassy poses!

nut

Finger Prince

Dip Viscous posted:

The first guy looks like he's chasing the dragon with his long gun. Just needs a Chinese attendant fluffing his pillow.

Dip Viscous

Areola Grande

lmao

Pahilla the Hun

Dip Viscous posted:

these are loving dope lmao

thanks nesamdoom!!

Prof. Crocodile

s-tier gunsmithery right here, not for beginners

nut

https://twitter.com/chiweethedog/status/1279193281939689472?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

a solemn moment between huntsmen. Silent yet deadly