Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

MF_James posted:

Paging file error means you have run out of memory. C an't help you with error 5759 but maybe do a repair of the install.

I tried doing the 'Verify and Repair', but that didn't seem to affect anything. The paging error disappeared after a restart of the computer, but 'Error 5759' kept popping up.

I tried running the game in 'Safe Mode', and I was able to finish the practice match, but it crashed again not too long after starting an actual game, though it didn't give an error message; it just froze, and I couldn't ALT-TAB or kill the game from the Task Manager, so I just had to restart.

I tried tweaking a bunch of things, but it just kept crashing. I tried looking up the error code, but there doesn't seem to be a clear reason as to what causes it, or how to fix it. Eventually I got mad, and uninstalled the game.

I could re-download it again, but I just can't figure out what could be causing it. My computer should run it fine with the current specs (i7 4790K, 16GB DDR3, EVGA NVIDA GeForce GTX 1070). One solution I just found said that you need to disable Fast Boot in the BIOS, but I can't imagine how that would fix it (I can't seem to disable it in the Control Panel, so I don't know if it's even enabled). Another says you should disable CrossPlay. Some cite that it's a driver problem, and that you need to completely uninstall your drivers and install them fresh. Some say it's an issue with the Intel on-board GPU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AdeptHeavyArcherfish-mobile.mp4

https://gfycat.com/adeptheavyarcherfish

I also got my first Gulag execution because they decided to put the HDR as a weapon and someone tried to actually snipe instead of just running up with fists out like you should.

VulgarandStupid posted:

400 player BR would be more stable. This engine really struggles with 2’s. That’s why it took 3 months to get Duos.

I also struggle with 2's.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jul 1, 2020

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Push El Burrito posted:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AdeptHeavyArcherfish-mobile.mp4

https://gfycat.com/adeptheavyarcherfish

I also got my first Gulag execution because they decided to put the HDR as a weapon and someone tried to actually snipe instead of just running up with fists out like you should.

I also struggle with 2's.

That's not a full-auto FAL, is it?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I mean, with a mouse wheel (especially a free wheeling one), anything can be somewhat full auto.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Wheee ground out the AMR and now I will never use a marksman rifle again god drat I hate quickscoping.

I probably won’t use the AMR either because I’m not a big sniper guy.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

The FAL loving slaps now. Slaps hard enough to net me a 19 kill streak on three hours of sleep.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think full auto Gulag was a bad idea and wanted to see it gone, but I had hit the point a few weeks ago where my tactics were reliable enough that I was winning probably 80% of them. Tonight in the new gulag I won 2 out of 6 :sigh:

Update nights are always the worst nights to play. nothing but sweats.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

AMAX nerf doesnt seem to have done anything at all to make it a worse weapon for Core. just got 2 vtols back to back on the new map.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Laserface posted:

AMAX nerf doesnt seem to have done anything at all to make it a worse weapon for Core. just got 2 vtols back to back on the new map.

As far as I can tell there's maybe like a couple sight lines at most in the entirety of the core maps that will actually suffer from the AMAX's damage range nerf and you're basically never going to be hard scoping them with an AR anyway.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Black Griffon posted:

The FAL loving slaps now. Slaps hard enough to net me a 19 kill streak on three hours of sleep.
The FAL was already one of my favourite guns and at first I didn't think the buff was going to help me all that much because I don't actually land that many headshots but it turns out they buffed the upper torso damage to 78 in that new close range bracket where you can 1 tap to the head which means more consistent 2-taps and also it's going to be pretty great next time I whip it out in Warzone.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fine, fine fine fine fine. i will once again try the FAL.

ill put the beer can on it again too because obviously that worked out so well last time

i guess its a coward move if i play HC tho

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Insert name here posted:

The FAL was already one of my favourite guns and at first I didn't think the buff was going to help me all that much because I don't actually land that many headshots but it turns out they buffed the upper torso damage to 78 in that new close range bracket where you can 1 tap to the head which means more consistent 2-taps and also it's going to be pretty great next time I whip it out in Warzone.

I can confirm it shred in war zone, the only problem is that it is terrible at hipfiring for those point blank fights

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I've finally managed to unlock burst fire with the FAL, but honestly I can't quite decide whether I like it (in core). Sure, every now and then you slam the whole burst into a guy's torso and pop him instantly, but just as often at least one shot is off-target and you need to reset for another burst. And the overall rate of fire doesn't seem much faster than just slam-clicking, either.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Perestroika posted:

I've finally managed to unlock burst fire with the FAL, but honestly I can't quite decide whether I like it (in core). Sure, every now and then you slam the whole burst into a guy's torso and pop him instantly, but just as often at least one shot is off-target and you need to reset for another burst. And the overall rate of fire doesn't seem much faster than just slam-clicking, either.

im pretty sure burst fire on FAL is way lower ROF than semi

Orv
May 4, 2011
Considerably.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Depends on how fast you can wail on your poor tortured left mouse button.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

CJacobs posted:

Depends on how fast you can wail on your poor tortured left mouse button.

In CoD4 I used to bind fire to mousewheel scrolling when I ran the G3. That was always super fun. Pretty sure they haven’t let you do that since.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Yeahhh what a massive blunder the sniper gulag is.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Ugly In The Morning posted:

In CoD4 I used to bind fire to mousewheel scrolling when I ran the G3. That was always super fun. Pretty sure they haven’t let you do that since.

you can do it this very moment

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
gently caress me sideways, I know this is a tired topic but I can't keep uninstalling games, just to install an update on the ps4. Every time there's a COD update, I just uninstall the entire game and just reinstall. My ISP must be crying.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
If it's an option, get an external USB 3.0 hard drive. You can get a 2TB drive for like $60 and basically not have to worry about storage again. Alternately, the ps4 supports up to 8TB storage solutions.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

There are other games?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

codo27 posted:

Yeahhh what a massive blunder the sniper gulag is.

It owns

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Beefeater FAL best FAL. Been melting people for days, feels great, feels like honest earned kills.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

The semi auto and fists ones are fine but glinty actual snipers is stupid trash

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

loving unbelievable. Got lucky with my 3rd chopper gunner from a care package in shipment. I try to set it off for like 2 min while I get a “airspace is too crowded “ message. I set it off finally, and game is over. Still at 10/20. I am never finishing this loving challenge. I think it has been a month.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Snowmankilla posted:

loving unbelievable. Got lucky with my 3rd chopper gunner from a care package in shipment. I try to set it off for like 2 min while I get a “airspace is too crowded “ message. I set it off finally, and game is over. Still at 10/20. I am never finishing this loving challenge. I think it has been a month.

lol I had that same situation, was just frantically trying to shoot down all the harriers and poo poo but could barely switch weapons before dying

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

dog nougat posted:

If it's an option, get an external USB 3.0 hard drive. You can get a 2TB drive for like $60 and basically not have to worry about storage again. Alternately, the ps4 supports up to 8TB storage solutions.

Yup, just did this actually, so now I can have more than 4 games installed :) plus I can look at my backlog of ps+ games I never bothered with.

Skooms
Nov 5, 2009
Has anyone had issues with performance on the PS4 after the most recent patch? It feels sort of like frame blending or something, it's smooth but there's considerable delay aiming etc. I've had it once before but it resolved on its own.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Is the purchase armor bundle 2x mission still broken for Rodian? Still can't get the drat thing to work, or is it a case of it's miswritten and should be the armor crate instead?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I’ve given up on having this installed on my laptop since it only has 1.5 TB of storage. Now I only play it on my desktop that has 3.5TB. Even then I look at the 212GB install+how much space it wants me to keep free for patching and I’m like “hmmmm”.

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

Orv posted:

As far as I can tell there's maybe like a couple sight lines at most in the entirety of the core maps that will actually suffer from the AMAX's damage range nerf and you're basically never going to be hard scoping them with an AR anyway.

Did the nerf affect the DMR variant of the AMAX do you know?

pre-patch I was absolutely wasting every little white glint that came at me from anywhere on the map more or less, especially in rumble & realism with the extra headshot damage (or lack of armor in rumble). I'll be sad if the "nerf" actually basically only applied to WZ

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

codo27 posted:

The semi auto and fists ones are fine but glinty actual snipers is stupid trash

The snipers rule actually.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/OddballWindingIndochinesetiger-mobile.mp4

https://gfycat.com/oddballwindingindochinesetiger

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I thnk I'm done with warzone after this update. Too unstable and crashy now. The game just shut off when I used a recon drone lol

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Why are dogs allowed in the gulag

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013
Not all doggos go to heaven maybe?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

dog nougat posted:

Is the purchase armor bundle 2x mission still broken for Rodian? Still can't get the drat thing to work, or is it a case of it's miswritten and should be the armor crate instead?

Yeah it's crate.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Why are dogs allowed in the gulag

You do the crime, you do the time, no matter the species

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Inner Light posted:

Beefeater FAL best FAL. Been melting people for days, feels great, feels like honest earned kills.

Nothing better than wood. I hope they eventually do an AR-10 style blueprint for the M4. I want my Portuguese-Angolan War wood AR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hibrCMBq_8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I want wooden bullets