Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
was this not well known?

it's me, i'm the wrestling forum poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Yeah I'm sad to say we've known that for years

Additionally, knowing so much about Vince McMahon behind the scenes has made Trump somewhat easier to understand, because they're pretty much literally the same person. Or maybe two sides of the same coin. Trump has the mainstream media attention McMahon craves, and McMahon has the actual financial success Trump craves.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
You'd think they would send some of their Tai Chi grandmasters that are so powerful you get sued for beating them up.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Is it weird that I actually don't think this reflects negatively on Trump, given the past couple of years?

We already knew he was clueless, I didn't know he was capable of caring about a human being that wasn't him

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
We've all been living in a WWE storyline

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Phlegmish posted:

Is it weird that I actually don't think this reflects negatively on Trump, given the past couple of years?

We already knew he was clueless, I didn't know he was capable of caring about a human being that wasn't him

Did he care or was he afraid he wouldn't get to make any more appearances?

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lobok posted:

No, him and Vince are close personal friends, by all accounts :wtc:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

We've all been living in a WWE storyline

Makes sense, Vince always tries to pick the top face instead of getting behind the guy the people want.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lobok posted:

trump isn't a sociopath. it's just that his internal values are so out of whack, and he's a bully authoritarian racist, that he comes off like a sociopath a lot of the time

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

luxury handset posted:

trump isn't a sociopath. it's just that his internal values are so out of whack, and he's a bully authoritarian racist, that he comes off like a sociopath a lot of the time

otoh he does have a conspicuous interest in bedwetting

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Any frontal lobe brain damage that we know of?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
How would we be able to tell

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

luxury handset posted:

He's not a sociopath all the time, no. Man's gotta sleep.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Lobok posted:

He's not a sociopath all the time, no. Man's gotta sleep.

not if the adderall he freebases has anything to say about it

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I was waiting for this to get picked up by an english news website since yesterday

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1278438255168557057

The president stole a dog

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Samuringa posted:

I was waiting for this to get picked up by an english news website since yesterday

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1278438255168557057

The president stole a dog

At least he didn’t train it to rape dissidents, as South American dictators have been known to do.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Good thing I booked my vacation at Wanderdoff Dintcombak Lake this year, my wife needs some time in the wilderness.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/JeffreyRoyer/status/1278472108369199104

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

I don't know why I'm sort of defending Vanilla Ice, but that's a pretty misleading headline. There's no indication he was saying that as a justification for doing the concert, which apparently will be outdoors. He was just saying how cool the '90s were. And being a Vanilla Ice concert in 2020, it'll probably draw a small enough crowd to maintain social distancing.

Still a pretty dumb idea.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Go Roni, Go Roni, Go!
Go Roni, Go Roni, Go!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Trying his hardest to get folks to stay home, I can respect that :unsmith:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Platystemon posted:

At least he didn’t train it to rape dissidents, as South American dictators have been known to do.

How did the dogs tell the difference?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
You’re splitting the verb wrong, but you knew that.

I don’t think it’s a very funny joke.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Platystemon posted:

You’re splitting the verb wrong, but you knew that.

I don’t think it’s a very funny joke.

South American rape dogs are never funny and it's questionable why they were brought into this thread in the first place.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
South American dictators’ actions are never funny and it’s questionable why they were brought into this thread in the first place.

Literally everything the forty‐fifth president of the United States does is weird news, but I’m glad this isn’t a mirror of the TWIMP thread.

e: I shouldn’t have brought it up. I just hate these disarming stories about very bad people engaged in humorous and sometime endearing antics.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 05:09 on Jul 2, 2020

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It wasn't meant to be endearing, it's absolutely something a complete rear end in a top hat whole do but it veers off so hard into cartoonishly evil that the absurdity of it made the situation extremely funny, at least to me.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Lobok posted:

Go Roni, Go Roni, Go!
Go Roni, Go Roni, Go!

Havin' a Roni was RIGHT THERE

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pastry of the Year posted:

Havin' a Roni was RIGHT THERE

Wow, that is actually the real song title. I defer to your superior knowledge of Vanilla Ice's ouevre.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Lobok posted:

Wow, that is actually the real song title. I defer to your superior knowledge of Vanilla Ice's ouevre.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend I didn't go through, in the early 2000s, an internet-enabled period of fascination with the hills and valleys of this ridiculous man and his career.

You just can't wash weapons-grade dumb like this out of your brain:

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
bbbbbbbbbbbb

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Is it true that Suge Knight dangled him over the edge of a building back in the day?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Those lyrics are too perfect.

VIP meaning Very Infectious Person.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Cartoon Man posted:

Is it true that Suge Knight dangled him over the edge of a building back in the day?

To hear Ice tell it, yes. Suge's never confirmed, but there doesn't seem much reason for Ice to lie given that it's not exactly a flattering story (in its telling he insinuated that he soiled himself while being dangled).

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

He was hoping to get killed by Suge so he'd finally have something in common with Tupac.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It took years and Eminem for white rappers to recover from Vanilla Ice, but now in the age of trap they're allowed to be almost just as numerous and at least as bad as the black ones. We've come so far

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Pastry of the Year posted:

I'm not going to sit here and pretend I didn't go through, in the early 2000s, an internet-enabled period of fascination with the hills and valleys of this ridiculous man and his career.

You just can't wash weapons-grade dumb like this out of your brain:

In the historical context of 1989, what was a “roni”?

Do I really want to know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't like this new sadboy rap. :smith: