Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

id say im at about ~30% join in progress on matches since update, probably bc of that challenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Statutory Ape posted:

id say im at about ~30% join in progress on matches since update, probably bc of that challenge

because theres no punishment to quitting games because giant babymen cant handle the thought of being owned

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
They should make it so the matchmaker matches quitters with each other. I wonder if it would get to a point where both teams just immediately quit after load.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Why would anyone use snipers good god I have to get sniper kills and this poo poo is miserable

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Hot Diggity! posted:

Why would anyone use snipers good god I have to get sniper kills and this poo poo is miserable

no you dont, actually.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Laserface posted:

no you dont, actually.

Yeah

I just want to complete this challenge

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Wait what's the goon regiment

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

You can use marksman rifles for those sniper challenges, which, depending on your playstyle is way easier.

Also: gently caress I am one quad feed away from getting that challenge and I keep getting to 3 then someone will stand on a claymore or something.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

You can use marksman rifles for those sniper challenges, which, depending on your playstyle is way easier.

Also: gently caress I am one quad feed away from getting that challenge and I keep getting to 3 then someone will stand on a claymore or something.

Fuckin same, goddamn.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

You can use marksman rifles for those sniper challenges,

:aaaaa:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I kind of... love the 200 quads

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Why do they keep removing quad plunder. Like you have to kick one of your mates after you’re enjoyed at battle royale and it’s brutal haha

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I absolutely hate that you can't get Quad Feeds in Hardcore so you have to do it in regular Core. It's so incredibly frustrating.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Strobe posted:

I absolutely hate that you can't get Quad Feeds in Hardcore so you have to do it in regular Core. It's so incredibly frustrating.

Right, if it was on hardcore, it'd be a complete breeze. Drop a cruise missile loving anywhere on shipment, done.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Oh thank god they just split Shoot House and Shipment out of each other.

Walter White
Jul 19, 2011

Strobe posted:

I got the quad feed officer challenge for this season done in hardcore headquarters, so you may be experiencing a tracking issue?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Walter White posted:

I got the quad feed officer challenge for this season done in hardcore headquarters, so you may be experiencing a tracking issue?

There... aren't killcams in Hardcore, so you might be the one experiencing a tracking issue. :v:

Walter White
Jul 19, 2011

Strobe posted:

There... aren't killcams in Hardcore, so you might be the one experiencing a tracking issue. :v:

Quad feeds, the four uninterrupted kills in the kill feed, right? I only play hardcore and I got it done using a wheelson/chopper gunner.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

a killcam isn't a feed!

right?

Walter White
Jul 19, 2011

Black Griffon posted:

a killcam isn't a feed!

right?

That’s right, yeah, but a quad feed is four kills by you in the lower left list of who killed who.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

But the kill feed is still active in HC though
Edit: yeah you said the same thing, so we're on the level

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

drat the FAL is good as hell now.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I got killed by a big bullet.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ImpeccableSpicyIndochinesetiger-mobile.mp4

https://gfycat.com/impeccablespicyindochinesetiger

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's called the kar because it fires car sized bullets

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Also 200 quads is just broken. this poo poo crashes so much. they need to get rid of this poo poo yesterday.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Whats pros and cons of choosing a markmen rifle with a larger zoom scope versus a sniper rifle with a smaller zoom scope? Like if you have each of them with the same scope on, so the zoom is the same, which one would I choose for which situation/playstyle?

Orv
May 4, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

Also 200 quads is just broken. this poo poo crashes so much. they need to get rid of this poo poo yesterday.

It's kind of funny that they clearly settled on 150 both because that's a good number for the map and apparently what the game/servers can handle and then just went "Ahhh gently caress it" anyway.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Looten Plunder posted:

Whats pros and cons of choosing a markmen rifle with a larger zoom scope versus a sniper rifle with a smaller zoom scope? Like if you have each of them with the same scope on, so the zoom is the same, which one would I choose for which situation/playstyle?

The major pro of going long-range DMR instead of sniper rifle imo is that DMRs have a much shorter reset to neutral after firing. Most of the snipers have to operate the bolt after every shot and the one(s?) that doesn't still kicks pretty high when you shoot it. While prone, DMRs with a bipod basically have no recoil so you can just click and let the game reset your aim for followup shots.

edit: Meanwhile the pro of sniper rifles is that most of em are OHKO anywhere on the body so you don't have to go for headshots or really aim anywhere but center mass unless they're REALLY far away.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jul 2, 2020

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

CJacobs posted:

edit: Meanwhile the pro of sniper rifles is that most of em are OHKO anywhere on the body so you don't have to go for headshots or really aim anywhere but center mass unless they're REALLY far away.

*snipes you off the roof of superstore from prison*

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Why do a longshot like this

When you could instead do it like this

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

CJacobs posted:

rip HMS Hood

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Am I better off saving my XP tokens for the next free Multiplayer Double XP weekend so I can activate them on 24/7 Shipment and get Quadruple(?) XP?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Looten Plunder posted:

Am I better off saving my XP tokens for the next free Multiplayer Double XP weekend so I can activate them on 24/7 Shipment and get Quadruple(?) XP?

no

they should add a perk that reduces your HP to 1 but gives you quad xp tbh

*installs sneeze guard over RPG*

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

veni veni veni posted:

I've had very little technical problems with the 200 quads so I frankly love the mode. It's so hectic and silly, i like it more than the normal version. I hated the realism one to the point that it felt unplayable to me.

So of course all my friends loved the realism poo poo (they put thousands of hours into Bad Game PUBG and realism was close to that trash I guess) and hate this mode

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Macaluso posted:

I've had very little technical problems with the 200 quads so I frankly love the mode. It's so hectic and silly, i like it more than the normal version. I hated the realism one to the point that it felt unplayable to me.

So of course all my friends loved the realism poo poo (they put thousands of hours into Bad Game PUBG and realism was close to that trash I guess) and hate this mode

i gotta assume the amount of non pro/X console users has something to do with it

imagine running this on a first gen xbox. even on my xb1s's it runs like poo

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

CJacobs posted:

is this even possible or do bullets just disappear after a certain distance

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://i.imgur.com/RBG2KWt.mp4

:thunk:

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Snowmankilla posted:

loving unbelievable. Got lucky with my 3rd chopper gunner from a care package in shipment. I try to set it off for like 2 min while I get a “airspace is too crowded “ message. I set it off finally, and game is over. Still at 10/20. I am never finishing this loving challenge. I think it has been a month.

Have you tried co-op?

Not every challenge does, but I've noticed some, usually killstreak related, track across modes (Pretty sure I did ones for UAV, cluster and airstrike kills in co-op).

Worth a punt for the sake of 5 mins.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Statutory Ape posted:

i gotta assume the amount of non pro/X console users has something to do with it

imagine running this on a first gen xbox. even on my xb1s's it runs like poo

We are all on PS4 pros and I'm not sure how entire crossplay servers crashing would be relevant to that. But we had 2 rounds where the entire server just pooped out in the middle of a good round, multiple rounds where someone randomly got dropped, a round where over a hundred people were dropped from the game at once, and frequent bug that everyone in my group has experienced where the game just freezes for over ten seconds and you think you are gonna get dropped but then you don't...

I have no opinion on the mode. It feels just like regular quads to me but it does not feel stable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

veni veni veni posted:

We are all on PS4 pros and I'm not sure how entire crossplay servers crashing would be relevant to that. But we had 2 rounds where the entire server just pooped out in the middle of a good round, multiple rounds where someone randomly got dropped, a round where over a hundred people were dropped from the game at once, and frequent bug that everyone in my group has experienced where the game just freezes for over ten seconds and you think you are gonna get dropped but then you don't...

I have no opinion on the mode. It feels just like regular quads to me but it does not feel stable.

I was using anecdotes from the hardware in my own crew, which I had the only advanced console

They're xb1s

The mode itself performs real bad, network issues excluded

Seemed like memory issues if I had to guess, it was weird