Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

oh my god, Hell replaced his dick with a butt!

Pooping leaning against a tree in hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

https://imgur.com/gallery/d46JMv4

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Phlegmish posted:

Have you never seen a microphone at a wedding reception? Happens sometimes when the place is huge and you actually want people to be able to hear the speeches.

Reception, yes. I’ve never seen a wedding ceremony where they’re sitting in front of a table with a mic on it to give their vows, though.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Hmm, fair point. It's about 50/50 on that being a Turkish thing and the cartoonist just doing whatever he feels like. He made 2020lapshit.png, after all.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

So, comics as an industry in Turkey was HYUGE for over 80 years. Like, people bought political comic zines more than they bought newspapers in the 80's here. Weekly publications changed and shaped the younger culture and literally formed new swear words and slang that are used today, mainly involving terms from animal husbandry. The government issued a ban on a certain comic because it was loving up the language, it was that prevalent.

My favorite's probably 'dick antenna'/'dick winding bar'.

Generally about 12-16 pages, first few pages of these zines would mostly be political, generally bashing the current regime.

Here's an example from Akbaba, one of the earliests.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/565985701032886309/727727119659958312/unknown.png

Who are you?
The opposition
Speak up, I can't hear you

'What am I modelling for?'
'From your shame, 1920's'

Akbaba ran from 1922 till 1977. Changed language from arabic to turkish, etc.

And in case that was too dry, here's one from the 2020lapshit guy:

yes I'm anglicizing the names

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

goethe.cx posted:

no it's this

This joke was better when it was Goku and the King of Space

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER

Letmebefrank posted:

Jesus is the LORD!

"gently caress the poor"

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat! :imunfunny:

If you enjoyed this content and would like to see more like it in the future then please smash that subscribe button and don't forget to check out my patreon.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Blurred posted:

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat! :imunfunny:

If you enjoyed this content and would like to see more like it in the future then please smash that subscribe button and don't forget to check out my patreon.

Nice try, Dick.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Hero Clicker was a good game

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Haha that sounds just like *game name*

I miss video games.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
I hear they are making a come back next year.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It'll never happen, the video game crash of 1983 put an end to that fad for good.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Has GTA made everyone into spree maniacs yet? Or is it still just the cops?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/strangeadventrz/status/1278382580635746305?s=19

Phone posting so I can't get a direct image link, apologies to everyone who hates Twitter posts.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/strangeadventrz/status/1278382580635746305?s=19

Phone posting so I can't get a direct image link, apologies to everyone who hates Twitter posts.

All hosed up on hockey is my favourite description of Canadians.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Aha, now let me regale you with the tale of how those creepy goons (not me of course) chased out Kate Beaton. I had to send her hundreds of apologies to make things right. 't Was a cold wintery morning...

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
For every goon who told Kate Beaton to make him a sandwich, there was a goon who told her he would gladly make a sandwich for her.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

:hmmyes: The dialectical nature of our forums, yes, I too have read Hegel. Well I've heard of him anyway

Send_Ninjas
Oct 10, 2006
And to this day we can't mention her name without flogging ourselves for driving her out.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I don't think she's that funny

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Len posted:

No wonder she left

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Len posted:

My God what if she's about to come back and she sees posts like this. I'd better send her another message to explain that we're not all like Len

I actually like her stuff, I don't know if she's objectively all that funny or a great artist, but she definitely has her own style and she makes it work. I can look at it and say without a doubt 'this is a Kate Beaton comic'. They're silly vignettes about Canadian history or historical novels or whatever. At least it's not the millionth comic about being a struggling webcomic artist suffering from various mental illnesses, but don't worry, there's an uplifting message at the end.

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Tempting.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I see no negatives to this plan.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

If you haven't seen it yet:

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1278316325044056064

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

If you didn't want to be hunted, you shouldn't have made bad comics

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Like is he so scared that he thinks the only logical thing Biden is going to do when he wins office is make it legal to hunt and murder idiots with red hats?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

you're right, and they should

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm on the edge of my seat!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Don't make promises you know you can't keep, Scott.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

:same:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Gamer Dilbert owns.

Dilbert itself is weird, I don't know if this is controversial but I actually think it's pretty funny for a mainstream newspaper comic that started out in the goddamn 1980's. The problem is just that Scott Adams is not only a chud, but also semi-insane and weirdly solipsistic. I have one of his books where he basically states that he can shape reality with his mind, that's when I first knew something was up with the guy even before I was really aware of his political positions. Now this poo poo about how Republicans will be hunted down like rabid dogs by a milquetoast centrist (at best) Democratic president, which apparently was said unironically? I think he might have legitimate mental health issues.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It's been said before, but American Conservatism is a death cult that needs massive cognitive dissonance to be a genuine follower. The ones in charge are just in it for themselves, getting the masses riled up and aiming them at their enemies while profiting. The voting base are simeltaneously convinced that foreigners are lazy drains on society who take jobs from honest Americans, an inferior being that controls the world behind the scenes, will take away everyones guns and shoot them all, free speech is vital but don't say anything bad about America etc. etc.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Scott adams went psychosomatically mute for a year and lives in a fuckin dilbert head. Like every nazi piece of poo poo he has brain damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Technology... good?

I guess?