Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll
This poll is closed.
Yes 151 82.51%
No 32 17.49%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

DJ Burette posted:

My understanding was that they're supporting opposing factions so this isn't a huge surprise. I think France is slinging Haftar and the LNA along with Egypt, and Russia, and Turkey is on the GNA side.

The "huge surprise" is that NATO member Turkey is breaching a NATO arms embargo they ostensibly are a part of, and threatening an allies warship while doing so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Trip report: I voted no

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I wonder if they'll deputize black gun owners

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I've always been told that once you hit a certain level as an officer, your promotions usually depend on you being able to play the political game.

Duckworth just said gently caress your game, we're playing by my rules now.

https://twitter.com/adegrandpre/status/1278733011421409287?s=19

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

facialimpediment posted:

I've always been told that once you hit a certain level as an officer, your promotions usually depend on you being able to play the political game.

I hope she's going to put in a bill to back pay all the people whose promotions are being held up.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

I don't think it's a thing anymore, but she is my WCW. Like, my second one ever. Just for this.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

shame on an IGA posted:

reading any 10 sequential pages of the CSPAM epstein thread will irrevocably break your brain.

this is just from the last couple days

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Johnny_Gosch

Well, the disappearance of her son certainly broke Noreen Gosch's brain. Poor woman.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

PeterCat posted:

I hope she's going to put in a bill to back pay all the people whose promotions are being held up.

I don't. Hang all nobles.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

We're never leaving Afghanistan

https://theintercept.com/2020/07/02...an-and-germany/

quote:

Last night, the House Armed Services Committee voted overwhelmingly in favor of an amendment — jointly sponsored by Democratic Congressman Jason Crow of Colorado and Congresswoman Cheney of Wyoming — prohibiting the expenditure of monies to reduce the number of U.S. troops deployed in Afghanistan below 8,000 without a series of conditions first being met.

The imposed conditions are by no means trivial: for these troop reductions from Afghanistan to be allowed, the Defense Department must be able to certify, among other things, that leaving Afghanistan “will not increase the risk for the expansion of existing or formation of new terrorist safe havens inside Afghanistan” and “will not compromise or otherwise negatively affect the ongoing United States counter terrorism mission against the Islamic State, al Qaeda, and associated forces.”

Given how incredibly broadly we've defined those things, meeting those conditions seems impossible to me. One of the biggest untold stories of the Trump era is that quietly, in the background, the dems have agreed with a neocon consensus.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
here's the 16 Dems who voted for this bullshit too

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/DuffelBlog/status/1278747032392536064?s=20

Duffel Blog still Number 1

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
He should've worn a mask with 9-9-9 on it.

https://twitter.com/wsteaks/status/1278740414535737344?s=19

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lol owned.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

facialimpediment posted:

He should've worn a mask with 9-9-9 on it.

Hope someone puts Pokemon the movie on in his room.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Best Friends posted:

Given how incredibly broadly we've defined those things, meeting those conditions seems impossible to me. One of the biggest untold stories of the Trump era is that quietly, in the background, the dems have agreed with a neocon consensus.

I get poo poo on every time I point this out.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
they're full on embracing the Bush crew for the Biden campaign so at this point its hard to deny the dems have just become neocons themselves

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

PeterCat posted:

I get poo poo on every time I point this out.

You get poo poo on for bringing it up out of context incessantly.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

PeterCat posted:

Stultus Maximus posted:

I don't. Hang all nobles.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SquirrelyPSU posted:

You get poo poo on for bringing it up out of context incessantly.

One of our two political parties is openly fascist and the other is being taken over by "light" fascists and conservatives. That's an extremely bad thing to have happening. I'm sorry that ringing the alarm bell about this is annoying you, but it's something that needs to be done constantly.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Fister Roboto posted:

One of our two political parties is openly fascist and the other is being taken over by "light" fascists and conservatives. That's an extremely bad thing to have happening. I'm sorry that ringing the alarm bell about this is annoying you, but it's something that needs to be done constantly.

I'm not annoyed, but if you're going to ask "Why always me" when the answer is clear, I will attempt to provide an answer.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/eliehonig/status/1278724724940509186?s=20

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I'm not annoyed, but if you're going to ask "Why always me" when the answer is clear, I will attempt to provide an answer.

Sorry, it sounded pretty accusatory to me.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Relentlessboredomm posted:

here's the 16 Dems who voted for this bullshit too

Gee! Feinstein? Nooooo... Say it ain't so!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I didn't expect both RI senators on there

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1278754014189031424?s=20

RIP Huey Downs

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

BigDave posted:

It's actually dumber then that, it's literally just some generic clip art they licenced from Vectorstock.

Wish I'd noticed this before I counted the feathers (39 on each wing, not 44).

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

That Works posted:

I didn't expect both RI senators on there

Whitehouse is pretty much a mainstream centrist Dem so no surprise there. Reed is also a former noble and pretty good most of the time but also a mainstream Dem.

RI is a hell of a lot more conservative with Dems than people give it credit for.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Best Friends posted:

We're never leaving Afghanistan

https://theintercept.com/2020/07/02...an-and-germany/

Probably dumb question but why doesn't the Taliban agree to a power sharing agreement and stop attacks for a few months, wait for the US to leave, then steamroll back and take over? Do they not have enough central control to rein in all the fighters?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Probably dumb question but why doesn't the Taliban agree to a power sharing agreement and stop attacks for a few months, wait for the US to leave, then steamroll back and take over? Do they not have enough central control to rein in all the fighters?

"Surely they won't fall for *that* again...right?"

Very quiet and very, VERY *disgustingly* rich men don't want us to leave Afghanistan because it's very lucrative to keep rebuilding stuff that routinely gets blown up.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I mean, do Ehud Barak and Prince Andrew count?

How about Bill Clinton?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/jeff-bezoss-wealth-soars-to-171-6-billion-to-top-pre-divorce-record/

quote:

Jeff Bezos’s net worth has smashed through its previous peak, even after he relinquished a quarter of his stake in Amazon.com as part of a divorce settlement last year.

Shares of the Seattle-based company surged 4.4% to a record $2,878.70 Wednesday, boosting the founder’s world-leading fortune to $171.6 billion. That tops his previous high of $167.7 billion, set on Sept. 4, 2018, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.

His gains — $56.7 billion this year alone — underscore a widening wealth gap in the U.S. during the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression. Initial public offerings and buoyant equity markets have bolstered mega-fortunes, even as tens of millions of people have lost their jobs. This week, after receiving complaints about ending pandemic hazard pay, Amazon said it would spend about $500 million to give one-time $500 bonuses to most front-line workers.

Gonna go ahead and say he doesn't need that much money.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

There's a conspiracy theory out there that amazon created covid right? If there isn't, I'm going to make one.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

sharknado slashfic posted:

There's a conspiracy theory out there that amazon created covid right? If there isn't, I'm going to make one.

Not yet. Most lunatics think Bill Gates commissioned the virus to...I don't know, force everyone to upgrade to Windows 10? :shrug:

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I worked at Amazon a while ago and I'm even more shocked we live in a world where Amazon didn't implode than I am that we live in the world where Trump is president. When I was there their policies on everything were extremely lax and frequently contradictory. Everything was on fire internally all the time.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

PeterCat posted:

Lmao gently caress off

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Not yet. Most lunatics think Bill Gates commissioned the virus to...I don't know, force everyone to upgrade to Windows 10? :shrug:

I'm going to post the answer but spoilered, so no one is forced to use any brainspace on incredibly stupid conspiracy theories

covid isn't a virus, it's a condition caused by 5g towers, so that the fake pandemic can normalize the government mandating vaccination, so globalists can take the purity of your essence

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

PeterCat posted:

O-5's waiting on promotion to O-6 aren't exactly hurting for money, but most of them wouldn't be promoted until next September anyway because the DOD already delays it as much as possible to save a few bucks.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Lmao gently caress off

Wait, I thought the thread consensus was that Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman should be hanged?

Y'know, being an officer and all.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Doc Hawkins posted:

I'm going to post the answer but spoilered, so no one is forced to use any brainspace on incredibly stupid conspiracy theories

covid isn't a virus, it's a condition caused by 5g towers, so that the fake pandemic can normalize the government mandating vaccination, so globalists can take the purity of your essence

The below tweet was posted yesterday, after Cain was informed that he was COVID-positive.

https://twitter.com/THEHermanCain/status/1278444266881273856?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

The below tweet was posted yesterday, after Cain was informed that he was COVID-positive.

https://twitter.com/THEHermanCain/status/1278444266881273856?s=19

I look forward to the art installations of last tweets/FB posts framed with obituaries.