Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serf
May 5, 2011

i don't work for uga, but this is our plan too. canceled all remote learning, opening up residence halls and dining centers. we're going back in force and the only difference is there will be hand sanitizer stations everywhere. remember 2 months ago when we thought fomites were one of the main vectors for spreading it? lmao. and the students are loving hungry to get back in here! they keep calling wanting to ensure that their classes will be in-person. they were canceling their applications during lockdown, even when we assured them that remote learning would be available, but its surging now that we scrapped that. this is a loving death cult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I was talking to my in-laws last weekend and I never realized that The Villages is not some ritzy retiree resort. It's a lot more middle-class boomers and there's a lot of cheaper properties.

The rich retire to much nicer places.
I've posted this several times but this thread has an established fantasy of what The Villages is. In reality the prices are pretty low because it's a lovely endless suburban hell that's not near the water or anything, so it's probably just average retired boomers and not like super wealthy people.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I was talking to my in-laws last weekend and I never realized that The Villages is not some ritzy retiree resort. It's a lot more middle-class boomers and there's a lot of cheaper properties.

The rich retire to much nicer places.

yeah it's the real deal chuds

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

MayakovskyMarmite
Dec 5, 2009

Coldrice posted:

I've had the unemployment until now, they're trying to reopen next week and texted saying to stop filing.

I believe they are on the hook to pay part of unemployment and the fact that they are texting people makes it seem sketchy. Do you think whatever job they are offering you is worth it? Maybe talk to a lawyer who actually knows this stuff.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

56k modem sound except it's actually my heart monitor as I'm seconds from death

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Is the Vanilla Ice concert still going ahead? I just saw this

https://twitter.com/ACTHealth/status/1278795330222387200?s=19

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

just lmao that we spent months in lockdown for loving NOTHING

lololol this demon cracker nation

mystes
May 31, 2006

Invest in Zoom Ventilators, Inc. and get a free 56 modem!

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
Isn't the 56k cases 7 days back or no

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

pancake rabbit posted:

just lmao that we spent months in lockdown for loving NOTHING

lololol this demon cracker nation

maybe you did

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

super wealthy people have never not been retired tbh

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

mystes posted:

I've posted this several times but this thread has an established fantasy of what The Villages is. In reality the prices are pretty low because it's a lovely endless suburban hell that's not near the water or anything, so it's probably just average retired boomers and not like super wealthy people.

this is what I figured. retirees with real money aren't shitposting on a garbage forum all day, they're traveling and vacationing and abusing children on epstein island

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

I picked a hell of a time to go back to school.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCJeT73pZJV/?igshid=1at877l636b7d

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

gas

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

57k please make it stop

lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

KaptainKrunk posted:

57k please make it stop

lol

No

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

If you can teach your kid how to be organized, timely, use a spreadsheet, learn how to delegate task, and how to deal with people (especially morons like the ones who forced us into quarantine in the first place!) then your kid's time will not be wasted, and will enable her to have better job prospects.

Schools and jobs have a big gap. Most job actions are doing the same poo poo over and over again to a higher specific skill set, while school (besides its social utility) is trying to build general fundamental skills and allow the child to discover what they would enjoy doing over and over again as a job.

I mean she’s 8 and she initiated a hostile takeover of a dressage club in Star Stables and then convinced 30 kids to switch to another server so that she couldn’t be taken out by the same tactics...

I’m not worried she cant fit into our poo poo corporate culture, I’m worried that she can.

tbf the previous club leader was a bossy poo poo and no one liked her.

squirrelzipper has issued a correction as of 02:18 on Jul 3, 2020

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Not gonna need this anymore

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Steve Yun posted:

you should shred it to prevent identity theft

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

are you being reassigned

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Serf posted:

i don't work for uga, but this is our plan too. canceled all remote learning, opening up residence halls and dining centers. we're going back in force and the only difference is there will be hand sanitizer stations everywhere. remember 2 months ago when we thought fomites were one of the main vectors for spreading it? lmao. and the students are loving hungry to get back in here! they keep calling wanting to ensure that their classes will be in-person. they were canceling their applications during lockdown, even when we assured them that remote learning would be available, but its surging now that we scrapped that. this is a loving death cult

I work in public service area at a state college in GA and they have hung a couple of plexiglass shields, put hand sanitizers up, and put up "only 4 to an elevator signs" that will go unenforced. This place is absolutely packed during the semester, so much so that the library runs out of seating and people camp out on the floor in the book stacks and the 300+ computer lab doesn't have a single computer available all day, every day, all packed shoulder to shoulder with each other. They will make some adjustments and there are a lot of verbal assurances but this is going to be a total shitshow.

UGA already has 150 cases and they are still mostly distance. That is going to explode in the fall.

edit: I should say that my school is allowing all instructors to wear whatever masks they want. That is one part of that USG tweet that I think is bullshit. Its not mandatory but its encouraged and not prohibited in any way,

\/\/ I've seen stories of the death count being off by 30+%. States like florida and georgia have been caught fudging the numbers blatantly already

Pead has issued a correction as of 02:29 on Jul 3, 2020

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I think the good news is the number of deaths is low. Maybe... if the number has not been tampered with too much.

Italy had a bigger daily death count than what the entire of usa is having.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I really appreciated Dewine’s conference today stating that we *cannot* go backwards, we must learn to live with the virus! How’s that going for TX/FL/AZ so far?

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Tei posted:

I think the good news is the number of deaths is low. Maybe... if the number has not been tampered with too much.

we're just about to see an uptick in deaths. the people dying now have been laid out for 2-3 weeks fighting it when it was 25k~ cases per day

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love
[COVID-19 Summer] 56k NO

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
Deaths were higher today than yesterday and up 5% over last Thursday. The curve is about to swing back up

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

Steve Yun posted:

when i got mine the fat guy explaining the whole thing said they were worth up to $50,000 on the black market and thats why i should keep it close to me

what i'm saying is you should sell it to crooks, it's probably worth enough to buy another (fun size) bag of chips

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Koirhor posted:

I really appreciated Dewine’s conference today stating that we *cannot* go backwards, we must learn to live with the virus! How’s that going for TX/FL/AZ so far?

I assume they’re just arguing for Openerup but with masks and hand washing?

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Tei posted:

https://twitter.com/florian_krammer/status/1276328886939385859

Morbus
May 18, 2004

gay picnic defence posted:

I assume they’re just arguing for Openerup but with masks and hand washing?

quarantine with american characteristics

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

I miss weed but paranoia during pandemic times was taking all the fun out of it

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Remember when people would post 56k no way in the titles of threads with a lot of images?

Now 56k coronaviruses

Can't make that up

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

I live in the South. Interstate was packed with people heading down to the gulf beaches lol

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

this time next year we will be fondly remembering when we only had fractional megadeaths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Egg Moron posted:

Remember when people would post 56k no way in the titles of threads with a lot of images?

Now 56k coronaviruses

Can't make that up

I thought it had blown past that to 57k