Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Rectal Death Adept posted:

parents sowing: "Hell Yeah!!"
parents reaping: "WHAT THE gently caress"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Uh no we know, that's why we pulled the gently caress out

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Don't doxx my parents.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
school is good and its hard to be a parent right now. longitudinal studies of the children of covid's educational attainment will be interestting, and propbably sad.

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love
I literally can’t fit any more toilet paper, rice, beans, and canned goods into my coronacloset. I got another pack of paper towels today but there’s nowhere to put it so it’s just sitting on the floor.

Should I buy more beans?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my siser and her husband work full time. ttthey child is in like 8th grade. they gotta help him a lot wtih school kuz teleeducation sucks dog dick. some parents in they community are thinking about banding together to rent a space and hire tutors. starting to look like the seeds of private school right? theyre both hard core marx people but they is tired. and this could go on for another year or smth. kids are falling behind and they may never recover.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
always buy more beans

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/mgarcianews/status/1278808764213149696?s=21

lol. failed state

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

oxsnard posted:

it's ok I'm letting animal crossing on the switch raise my kids

at least it's not an mmo

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

mystes posted:

I've posted this several times but this thread has an established fantasy of what The Villages is. In reality the prices are pretty low because it's a lovely endless suburban hell that's not near the water or anything, so it's probably just average retired boomers and not like super wealthy people.

there are some lakes there. there is also a stratification. villages proper vs nearby communities including trailer parks.

Villages proper are a bit more expensive. nearby not villages trailer parks... cheap as hell. and as for relatively cheap look your selves.

https://www.villagesflhomes.com/sea...ASAAEgIslfD_BwE

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

jesus why don't we claim all the ice cream trucks and have them drive around to neighborhoods as mobile testing units

*DE DA DOO DOO DOO DE DA DE DA DE DA DOO*

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Lol all the Melbourne Aussie rules football teams just relocated to Queensland (ie Brisbane) because the virus is wrecking our poo poo yet sportsball must soldier on.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Flunky posted:

at least it's not an mmo

I keep suggesting ways they can usurp Tom Nook and toss his evil landlord rear end into the ocean

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Raccooon posted:

I get exhausted being around my nieces and nephews for 1 hour

So much screaming

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

if only they'd eat whatever you chewed up and spit into their mouth, instead of throwing a tantrum and demanding mac and cheese 7x a week

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

lmao

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

lmfao people could only last like two weeks without thinking about that applebees!!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

it's named after river phoenix

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

I thought heat was going to kill the virus

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i once went there with a bro and they had infinite tendies and wings plus these peice of poo poo captain morgan and cokes for $2 and we ate a lot of it and drank a lot of them it was pretty badass. leastr i think it was applebees u gtta drive far into the burbs to get those epic promo feasts

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

mod sassinator posted:

lmfao people could only last like two weeks without thinking about that applebees!!

there's a lot going on in that chart...it looks to me like the first wave of the 'vid was bigger than we suspected also

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

facetoucher cat posted:

I was going to post this earlier but my rage post with it was best deleted. I really dislike people who had kids just to have someone else raise them and act like they thought it would be easy, ever, and childless people didn't know. Uh, yeah, it's pretty much why a lot of us don't have any kids. Plus these individuals are entitled AF

so like, parents shouldn't work? or should the father work and the mother stay at home full time like real americans with real family values do?

no one plans for someone else to raise their kid and no one expects it to be easy you dumb gently caress. but a whole fuckin lot of parents did plan on daycare and public school being available so they could, you know, have a job and put food on the table. and now they've gotta do that AND be full time parents. a global loving pandemic was not part of the plan.

so yeah it's hard and people are allowed to vent and maybe you could just let them do that and go, i dunno, read a book, watch a movie, pick dorito crumbs out of your pubes in silence, or literally anything else you're able to do and parents can't, instead of taking it as a personal attack on the pristine rationality of your childfree worldview

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

oxsnard posted:

I'm sure that person sucks but that tweet is 100% correct. It's loving exhausting

this, a huge part of raising kids is finding good people to help in a broad sense. that help could be family, friends, school, sports, etc. it takes participating in a community.

this virus shuts all that down and presses it onto just two people, because it shuts down interacting with community.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

oxsnard posted:

public schools are a great program and it's not shameful to admit how they help people be better parents because being around your kids 24/7 is awful

yeah but teachers didn't really sign up to get sick for your kids, which leaves us at a pretty bad impasse here

the real problem is that it's super loving expensive to run a high-quality educational system, so instead we've got one where parents are on their own when something goes really wrong

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
reddit.com/r/childfree "crotchspawn" epic lul. gently caress off

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Smythe posted:

school is good and its hard to be a parent right now. longitudinal studies of the children of covid's educational attainment will be interestting, and propbably sad.

this country literally can't get any dumber so idk maybe it will all work out

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Like I've seen plans that actually try to lessen the burden on parents (somewhat) while keeping schools safe, but they mostly involve on-off schedules and mixed remote and in-person learning. They're really loving expensive to implement.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
children will be useful for hunting small game and plugging tiny holes in dykes and crumbling infrastructure. we will need plenty of children in the new dark ages

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

pancake rabbit posted:

so like, parents shouldn't work? or should the father work and the mother stay at home full time like real americans with real family values do?

no one plans for someone else to raise their kid and no one expects it to be easy you dumb gently caress. but a whole fuckin lot of parents did plan on daycare and public school being available so they could, you know, have a job and put food on the table. and now they've gotta do that AND be full time parents. a global loving pandemic was not part of the plan.

so yeah it's hard and people are allowed to vent and maybe you could just let them do that and go, i dunno, read a book, watch a movie, pick dorito crumbs out of your pubes in silence, or literally anything else you're able to do and parents can't, instead of taking it as a personal attack on the pristine rationality of your childfree worldview

yeah people without kids cannot experience hardship during this pandemic, which is what the guy was tweeting, whether he meant to or not. while large, his pain in this time is not unique, and no benefit is gained from trying to create a comparison

i understand you have spent a lot of time explaining that it is difficult to have children during a pandemic, but that's not why that tweet sucks

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'm here for Smythe drunkposting.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Smythe posted:

reddit.com/r/childfree "crotchspawn" epic lul. gently caress off

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Thoguh posted:

I'm here for Smythe drunkposting.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Also, we've made a ton of choices as a society that have led us here and created a situation that our public educational system is incapable of dealing with appropriately.

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

I'd make the deal to buy these loving forums if it means I never had to read another "having children good vs. having children bad" derail again

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003

Malcolm XML posted:

We really have gotten better at treating it and if Cuomo hadn't ordered nursing homes to take in coronavirus patients we would not even have the deaths

Look I hate Cuomo and always have, but shoving covid patients in the SNF/SAR system is not something to yell at him about - you gotta clear up acute care hospital space as fast as possible during this poo poo, and that means discharging to SNF. If you want to talk about how they were completely unprepared to deal with covid, I'm here for it because the for profit SNF system in this country is a loving shitshow and should have been completely reformed even before this pandemic. As someone that has dealt with the system extensively, it is no surprise they didn't have training or PPE for minimum wage workers to deal with this sort of thing and covid ran rampant.

This country is broken in innumerable ways, and covid just shined a flashlight on all the rot. The nursing home system is just one part.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Paradoxish posted:

Like I've seen plans that actually try to lessen the burden on parents (somewhat) while keeping schools safe, but they mostly involve on-off schedules and mixed remote and in-person learning. They're really loving expensive to implement.

I think this is where my child’s school district is going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

slippery doc posted:

I'd make the deal to buy these loving forums if it means I never had to read another "having children good vs. having children bad" derail again

sorry dude were all in our 30s njow. youll have to endure it for another 10 yrs or smth