Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Has anyone encountered a bizarre framerate issue where the framerate is almost always <20 regardless of graphics settings (exact same with everything maxed as with everything at minimal settings)? It's even that low in the menu screens.

My machine should be more than good enough (2080S gpu and good enough memory/cpu/etc), and it used to run perfectly with everything maxed at 1440p (though it would occasionally become like this for a couple hours and only recently started doing it constantly). There are no obvious issues with memory/cpu when I check task manager and latency is fine. It makes things very frustrating, because I can't aim at anything due to it basically being a slide-show.

I read somewhere (though I can't find where) that there could be problems associated with installing the game on an SSD. This is the only thing I can think of as a potential cause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Friend is having that since last patch, fix for them is minimize the game then reopen it. Why? :shrug:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The best way to balance the R9-0 would be to keep its stats the same, but have a small chance every time you shoot it that your operator will try to pump it out of habit; have that mess up, and shout “dammit!” in a way that carries like the old release call outs.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

SubponticatePoster posted:

Gonna be playing with IRL Mara Alex Zedra in an hour. I hope I don't embarrass myself on the internet in front of a couple thousand people. (Note: I'm totally going to embarrass myself) Mode? HC S&D, which I think I've played like twice. On the bright side I might get those 5 s&d wins for the challenge, right? :shepicide:

Shes probably terrible at video games like most gamer girls models are.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Man Plunder is filled with snipers now who will one shot you with no warning, it never used to be this bad. Really not fun anymore.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Laserface posted:

Nah, she's quite good.

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

priznat posted:

Man Plunder is filled with snipers now who will one shot you with no warning, it never used to be this bad. Really not fun anymore.

Yeah seems like Rumble was really good at containing them. The fact that they added a new one and buffed the other two did not help either I guess.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Chikimiki posted:

Yeah seems like Rumble was really good at containing them. The fact that they added a new one and buffed the other two did not help either I guess.

Ohhh yeah that's the best reason to keep rumble!! I haven't been shot by the rytec or whatever yet but a lot of hdrs and AX-50s. I got shot in a building through a wall and I have no idea how they could have known where I was apart from cheats too. Headshot one shot, boom. It didn't give me a killcam to report or anything either, sucked.

It really sucks, plunder was slow dad mode :( now I got nothin.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Laserface posted:

She's far better than you or me lmao

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

priznat posted:

Ohhh yeah that's the best reason to keep rumble!! I haven't been shot by the rytec or whatever yet but a lot of hdrs and AX-50s. I got shot in a building through a wall and I have no idea how they could have known where I was apart from cheats too. Headshot one shot, boom. It didn't give me a killcam to report or anything either, sucked.

It really sucks, plunder was slow dad mode :( now I got nothin.

Hence my request for snipers to be nerfed into the ground: more sway, more bullet drop, more recoil, higher ADS time, more delay between scoping and firing, etc. Will never happen, because people LOVE cheesy sniping for some reason, but this would really be my dream.

In the meantime, the best countersniper is the RPG, preferably when parachuting above a hill wookie :getin:

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1KyTSEbm-Y
The explosive sniper rounds are fun.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

SubponticatePoster posted:

I just sub her, she does ladies' nights fairly frequently.

I wasn't completely awful so that's a plus I guess.

Nice. do you have a link?

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

Chikimiki posted:

Hence my request for snipers to be nerfed into the ground: more sway, more bullet drop, more recoil, higher ADS time, more delay between scoping and firing, etc. Will never happen, because people LOVE cheesy sniping for some reason, but this would really be my dream.

In the meantime, the best countersniper is the RPG, preferably when parachuting above a hill wookie :getin:

They are already outdone by the M13/Grau/Kilo in head-to-head fights. They 1HKO only on HS, and all the useful builds are prohibitively slow for anything except long range.

WZ sniping in this game is relatively easy due to the high bullet velocity and low drop, but it isn't excessively powerful. I've been pinned down by actual snipers only once so far, and that was in a quad where people kept looking at the skyscrapers while we were being "sniped" from just under 100 meters by busses. Hard to dip & dodge at that distance.

End of the day, clicking on people's domes wins in shooters. The way snipers work right now they are way better at dislodging high ground and other defensive positions than they are at actually controlling space, which makes it seem to me like they are providing a massive service to the game. Without them, low-recoil sprays from a good position would be virtually unpunishable.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can't stand getting sniped in WZ as much as the next guy, but ultimately most of the time if you get sniped out of nowhere, your buddies just get you back up and you move to a better space. If someone is able to snipe and execute you, they had the drop on you and it is what it is. It's annoying in the same way getting blasted at point blank in multiplayer is. It's an irritating way to go but it's just things functioning like they should.

WZ has a lot of balance issues but I don't feel like sniping is one of them. I think knocking people off of the high ground should be made easier though. Whether it's via making cluster bombs and air strikes better or whatever.

I said it a while back and stand by it, but I think the absolute coolest thing they could add to Warzone would be a grappling hook tactical so you could silently scale large buildings to take out roof campers without slowly sneaking up 20 flights of stairs.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

God, the new patch made objective-based gamemodes borderline unplayable. Everybody and their mother is camping their rear end off trying to farm those quickscope kills. Just gimme a game mode with no snipers nor marksman rifles.

Progject
Apr 23, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

Has anyone encountered a bizarre framerate issue where the framerate is almost always <20 regardless of graphics settings (exact same with everything maxed as with everything at minimal settings)? It's even that low in the menu screens.

My machine should be more than good enough (2080S gpu and good enough memory/cpu/etc), and it used to run perfectly with everything maxed at 1440p (though it would occasionally become like this for a couple hours and only recently started doing it constantly). There are no obvious issues with memory/cpu when I check task manager and latency is fine. It makes things very frustrating, because I can't aim at anything due to it basically being a slide-show.

I read somewhere (though I can't find where) that there could be problems associated with installing the game on an SSD. This is the only thing I can think of as a potential cause.

Might be related, might not, but recently I've noticed that after a while, I get really bad frames during the map intro then it goes back to normal as the game starts. Installed on a SSD, RTX 2070S, 1440p/144hz. I did recently transfer the COD installation to this new SSD from an old HDD, but that was a while ago. Also, it's not even a real issue, just a thing that started happening lately.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Perestroika posted:

God, the new patch made objective-based gamemodes borderline unplayable. Everybody and their mother is camping their rear end off trying to farm those quickscope kills. Just gimme a game mode with no snipers nor marksman rifles.

Just give them a bolt-only playlist. It would actually be fun if everyone is using either a bolt-action sniper or the Kar or Mk2.

Give us a pistols-only one (that isn't the weird knife and pistol with no ammo thing) as well.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I'm not doing the challenge for the Bad Gun but when it's one of those 3x X in Y games I just knock out the three and return to regular good weapons

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013
The new sniper feels horrible, but that might just be because I haven't unlocked the explo rounds yet

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Post her KDR.

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

I can't stand getting sniped in WZ as much as the next guy, but ultimately most of the time if you get sniped out of nowhere, your buddies just get you back up and you move to a better space. If someone is able to snipe and execute you, they had the drop on you and it is what it is. It's annoying in the same way getting blasted at point blank in multiplayer is. It's an irritating way to go but it's just things functioning like they should.

WZ has a lot of balance issues but I don't feel like sniping is one of them. I think knocking people off of the high ground should be made easier though. Whether it's via making cluster bombs and air strikes better or whatever.

I said it a while back and stand by it, but I think the absolute coolest thing they could add to Warzone would be a grappling hook tactical so you could silently scale large buildings to take out roof campers without slowly sneaking up 20 flights of stairs.

Not saying they don't have their uses, but they should be a lot more challenging. Right now you can just click heads across the map without much thought; and while I agree that having the drop on someone is normal gameplay, you should have at least have a change to fight back, which is not possible if the first shot is an insta-down.

That being said, ARs should also be a bit more challenging to use than the lasers guns they currently are.

I also agree with your other comments on having better countermeasures :)

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013
If they make snipers more challenging then ARs will become the undisputed kings of WZ to the point that there will be no context or situation whatsoever that having 2 ARs wouldn't serve you better in

Case in point, pre this patch, the correctly set up grau could countersniper better than anything but the maxrange velocity HDR setup, which itself could only really be touched by the AMAX dmr conversion other than the grau (which seems to have actually received some kind of buff in this patch, I just played a match with it and it feels like LESS velocity drop than a week ago)

Like if they make snipers any worse then the already really really really stale "every person above a certain skill group only uses X gun and Y secondary" meta will become "nobody at any rank uses anything but [fotw gun, atm still grau i think]"

Ninja Edit: this is even worse in multiplayer where everything seems to be balanced around ARs, but completely mitigated in HC & realism by their gameplay nature

edit 2: if they revert stuff closer to launch week stats watch everyone swap straight from the Grau to a mix of the M4 and Aug 5.56 conversion

RYYSZLA fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jul 3, 2020

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

RYYSZLA posted:

If they make snipers more challenging then ARs will become the undisputed kings of WZ to the point that there will be no context or situation whatsoever that having 2 ARs wouldn't serve you better in

Case in point, pre this patch, the correctly set up grau could countersniper better than anything but the maxrange velocity HDR setup, which itself could only really be touched by the AMAX dmr conversion other than the grau (which seems to have actually received some kind of buff in this patch, I just played a match with it and it feels like LESS velocity drop than a week ago)

Even Stodeh, who know his poo poo with a sniper rifle in FPS, come to the same conclusion in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mce22R0ZIig.

However in regular multiplayer, SMG are super solid and give the AR a run for their money. And by SMG I mean the MP5.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Did they change something with the HDR in the last patch? I’ve been running HDR with a 3.5x for a while and never had any problems but now I can’t hit poo poo with it. I was firing rounds at someone standing completely still 280m away and I could not hit them. I played a few more games and hitting anything with my Scout HDR has been next to impossible.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I don’t get why they don’t get rid of your progress towards a weapon challenge if you quit out, it seems like the perfect solution to the bullshit they keep adding when they put in new non-battle pass guns. Or even make it “3 quickscope kills in a match where your team wins” so people actually play the drat objective.

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

Krogort posted:

Even Stodeh, who know his poo poo with a sniper rifle in FPS, come to the same conclusion in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mce22R0ZIig.

However in regular multiplayer, SMG are super solid and give the AR a run for their money. And by SMG I mean the MP5.

Yeah, I've been watching Stodeh and Drift0r for a while when I want actual numbers on things for CoD, since I dont' know how to get them myself. He's saying everything I am there, the reason the grau becomes meta is the clear ironsight, laserbeam recoil, and that anything under 400-500m, you can just spray down anything aiming at you and outclass all the other best-in-slot weapons, including the HDR.

IMHO the 3.0 VLK / 60RND / m16 Barrel / Mono Suppressor / Aim Stability Grip M4 is actually deadlier but due to the mobility decrease, despite in theory having a higher TTK than the grau you'd hit less bullets as it isn't a laser in the same way. Post-patch it should come to be one of the more dominant weapons, along with the Mp5 and HDR.

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Did they change something with the HDR in the last patch? I’ve been running HDR with a 3.5x for a while and never had any problems but now I can’t hit poo poo with it. I was firing rounds at someone standing completely still 280m away and I could not hit them. I played a few more games and hitting anything with my Scout HDR has been next to impossible.

What are the other attachments you have on? the HDR is only a ultravelocity monster with the max damage range mods - aim stability stock, mono supp, 26.9 HDR barrel. The Cronen/VLK optics also introduce a touch of innaccuracy that doesnt seem to be mentioned anywhere on the descriptions but is noticeable when playing. Ima fire the game up now and have a play around, I need like 20 more kills for platinum HDR

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

Mine started doing that in 200 person mode, but I haven't experienced it outside of 200 person mode. Is that where you are seeing it?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

RYYSZLA posted:

What are the other attachments you have on? the HDR is only a ultravelocity monster with the max damage range mods - aim stability stock, mono supp, 26.9 HDR barrel. The Cronen/VLK optics also introduce a touch of innaccuracy that doesnt seem to be mentioned anywhere on the descriptions but is noticeable when playing. Ima fire the game up now and have a play around, I need like 20 more kills for platinum HDR

I'm running all the usual attachments. I just did a couple test games of plunder. Still couldn't hit anything wit the Cronen, but then I switched back to the Scout and everything is working as expected.

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

deedee megadoodoo posted:

I'm running all the usual attachments. I just did a couple test games of plunder. Still couldn't hit anything wit the Cronen, but then I switched back to the Scout and everything is working as expected.

Yeah, im pretty sure there's a bug with the VLK & Cronen optics, they seem to affect bullet velocity when they shouldn't.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Shoothouse with 8 people is perfect for a knife build. I got several multi kills because half the team is going for long shots on the wall.

Did they take away shoothouse 24/7 HC?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Laserface posted:

Wtf is this garbage

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

jase1 posted:

Shoothouse with 8 people is perfect for a knife build. I got several multi kills because half the team is going for long shots on the wall.

Did they take away shoothouse 24/7 HC?

8v8 shoothouse just shows how good Ground War was before MW did whatever the gently caress GW is now.

In like every other COD GW was just 9v9 on regular maps and it made the games way more fun / engaging while not turning into Shipment.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
There is nothing as good as sliding into a team unawares and going nutso on them with the knife.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
RIP
https://i.imgur.com/7MzhlzU.gifv

how far is the range on triggering the c4? I think I wanna try to go fishing
https://i.imgur.com/i3Gjybk.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/HldX3xa.gifv

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

veni veni veni posted:

Nice. do you have a link?
twitch.tv/alex_zedra

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I accidentally golded the knife trying to get these dumb sticks that I dont even want

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

pistol builds in HC is incredibly fun because they're genuinely competitive in HC, so a pistols only mode in core would be fantastic
Edit: akimbo M19 gently caress people up in core tho

ZeusCannon posted:

Wtf is this garbage

people still doing "ironic" misogyny like it's 2015 (?)

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Every time I play Warzone I come out with a feeling like "that was fun, I think"

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

So I’m a big dumb dumb who only had the F2P part and was like “how much BR are people playing to level up all their weapons?!” Today I bought the full game (on sale-ish so meh) and found the rest of the multiplayer stuff. Turns out I’m way better at TDM then the BR stuff.

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I mean we're talking vastly different odds too. cod has never been as predictable as something like Siege or CS because there's just too many variables, but the flow of a 6v6 match is way easier to handle than any kind of BR in my experience. Of course I probably suck at WZ compared to tons of people, but I can easily hold my own or rise above in regular mp.