Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

"everyone"

Right John

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

"Pedophiles have been asking me how I got away with raping whales"

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

MizPiz posted:

"Pedophiles have been asking me how I got away with raping whales"

He admitted that he failed to rape the whale.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Brawnfire posted:

This dude sounds like Robert California

Or Raymond Reddington. I can’t believe he’s not actually RP’ing James Spader honestly

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
The biggest crime of Avengers: Age of Ultron is that James Spader only got to tell one vaguely relevant story to bemused supporting characters.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

She also went to KFC?

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Yes wearing a mask to stop the spread of a pandemic is exactly the same as wearing a star on your shirt so everyone knows you're a Jew. That guy sure has those epidemiologists figured out.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ebola Roulette posted:

Yes wearing a mask to stop the spread of a pandemic is exactly the same as wearing a star on your shirt so everyone knows you're a Jew. That guy sure has those epidemiologists figured out.

No no you see the yellow stars protected them against antisemitism

It was for their own good

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Is grandmother's maiden name even a question commonly used in account verification things? I've been asked my mother's maiden name numerous times, but never grandmother's.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

... there's a Mrs. MacAfee?

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Mak0rz posted:

Is grandmother's maiden name even a question commonly used in account verification things? I've been asked my mother's maiden name numerous times, but never grandmother's.

Your mom probably has worse cyber security than you do.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

wizzardstaff posted:

Your mom probably has worse cyber security than you do.

Yeah I guess that's fair.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

christmas boots posted:

Adam is such a cliche name. The monster should have been like, Derek Frankenstein.

He's definitely a Kyle.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Karia posted:

Yep.

She was a sex worker and he was her client, so she likely knew what to expect there.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

The overwhelming number of white men in the UK that want to tell me how racism isn't a problem and they don't see any of it is incredibly frustrating.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

TinTower posted:

The biggest crime of Avengers: Age of Ultron is that James Spader only got to tell one vaguely relevant story to bemused supporting characters.

TIL James Spader was Ultron and it totally fits.

Karia posted:

I wonder when she'll reach the age of majority in her country and how many laxatives he makes her take.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I'm more surprised to hear that she is human and not a giant marine mammal

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Mak0rz posted:

I'm more surprised to hear that she is human and not a giant marine mammal

Ah, the one that got away...

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Gotta say if his plan to become super insane so the anti-virus will take his name off of it, it isn't working.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

theironjef posted:

Victor wasn't a doctor! He was just some tragic science aficionado.

The Elon Musk of 1818.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Runcible Cat posted:

The Elon Musk of 1818.

"...a strange sight suddenly attracted our attention and diverted our solicitude from our own situation. We perceived a low carriage, fixed on a sledge and drawn by dogs, pass on towards the north, at the distance of half a mile; a being which had the shape of a man, but apparently of gigantic stature, sat in the sledge and guided the dogs. We watched the rapid progress of the traveller with our telescopes and were perplexed when the carriage slammed straight into a pedestrian and burst into flames for no apparent reason."

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Unkempt posted:

"...a strange sight suddenly attracted our attention and diverted our solicitude from our own situation. We perceived a low carriage, fixed on a sledge and drawn by dogs, pass on towards the north, at the distance of half a mile; a being which had the shape of a man, but apparently of gigantic stature, sat in the sledge and guided the dogs. We watched the rapid progress of the traveller with our telescopes and were perplexed when the carriage slammed straight into a pedestrian and burst into flames for no apparent reason."

"This aroused the stranger’s attention, and he asked a multitude of questions concerning the route which the pedo guy, as he called him, had pursued.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
e: whoops wrong thread

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly
Crossposted from GBS:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Ngl I own a gun and a car, and I've been lifting for 7 years, and I've never done any of those things.

Also twitter very mad today that the Washington Redskins might, finally, thanks to pressure from loving FedEx, change their name

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Ngl I own a gun and a car, and I've been lifting for 7 years, and I've never done any of those things.

Also twitter very mad today that the Washington Redskins might, finally, thanks to pressure from loving FedEx, change their name

I present

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Pinus Porcus posted:

Crossposted from GBS:

What the hell is this (I assume) dude going on about? I've driven a car literally half my life and the only time I got into an "accident" is when I accidentally steered into a pole while getting out of a tricky parking spot.

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Pinus Porcus posted:

Crossposted from GBS:

IOSM posted:

Guns are inherently dangerous, you need to accept it.

I can agree with this part, but in the "treat every gun as though it were loaded" way, not in the "it's ok to accidentally shoot things" way that they meant it.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly
Yea, I feel like this dude should not have a drivers license, or a gun....or really anything that could cause injury to other people. For him, I figure he'll just show up in the Darwin Awards one day, but its everyone around him that I feel worried for.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Mikl posted:

What the hell is this (I assume) dude going on about? I've driven a car literally half my life and the only time I got into an "accident" is when I accidentally steered into a pole while getting out of a tricky parking spot.

What he thinks he's saying is that, if your life involves you owning a gun with the intent of using it (whether that's for just protection or as part of a job I'm not entirely clear, he's inconsistent), you should have some rate of accidentally discharging, because always taking precautions against accidentally discharging means that in the event you actually have to use the thing, you won't be ready as quickly as you'll need to be.

What he's actually saying is that he's a dumbshit who's definitely accidentally shot his car, TV, or possibly dog.

Cleretic has a new favorite as of 16:52 on Jul 3, 2020

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Mikl posted:

He's had a ton of ND's so he's a bad gun owner. But he won't admit he's a bad gun owner because that would be destructive to his ego and might lead him down trains of thought that end at "The 2nd Amendment isn't God's Holy Writ". So instead, he invents a reality where akshually repeatedly murdering his drywall makes him the best gun owner.

"Yes, little Johnny, I accidentally discharged my weapon into your mother's skull. But think how many fewer mental safety blocks she has now."

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Seems like he takes that stupid aphorism about omelettes and eggs too seriously.

Breaking eggs is a necessary first step in the making of an omelette, not an occasional, rare, but unavoidable mishap. Accidentally shooting TVs and dogs is avoidable and unnecessary. Even for his dumb rear end.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Mikl posted:

My one accident, in seventeen years of driving, was slowly hydroplaning into the back of someone's truck while I was powerless to steer or stop. I bounced off his trailer hitch. The result was a small dent in his rear bumper and a bigger one in my front bumper.

He was pretty nice about it. Lost my good driver insurance bonus for a few years, though, which sucked.

Wonder how many cars this guy's totaled.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

jjack229 posted:

I can agree with this part, but in the "treat every gun as though it were loaded" way, not in the "it's ok to accidentally shoot things" way that they meant it.

Similarly, treat every gun nut as though they were negligent dischargers.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I used to go to gun ranges pretty often, regularly once or twice a week.

My only ND ever was with a janky rental gun: the first shot went where I was aiming and then the second shot hit the ceiling because it had completed the cycle, my finger was just barely on the trigger, and it had more of a kick than I was expecting.

Guess what I never let happen again?

Yeah, guns are inherently dangerous, that's why I took steps while handling them to make them less dangerous to everything that wasn't my target? There are probably some rules about this sort of thing but that's the slightest bit of effort I guess.

Hell I used to own several guns, all regularly used, and never negiligently discharged a single one of them.

might have been negligent to keep paying those exorbitant range ammo prices though, hey-o

stringless has a new favorite as of 17:29 on Jul 3, 2020

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Similarly, treat every gun nut as though they were negligent dischargers.

They're not gun nuts. They're second amendment enthusiasts that enthusiastically forget the "well regulated militia" part.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

d3lness posted:

They're not gun nuts. They're second amendment enthusiasts that enthusiastically forget the "well regulated militia" part.

What's the 2nd Amendment when you remove the "well regulated militia" part? :allears:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What's the 2nd Amendment when you remove the "well regulated militia" part? :allears:

"a, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed"

"right to keep and bear arms"

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 17:38 on Jul 3, 2020

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pinus Porcus posted:

Crossposted from GBS:

Cutting your fingers off is just a natural part of woodworking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Aw come on, that ND post is obviously satire.

Right?