Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Mayor Dave posted:

Pre holiday slowing down reporting maybe? Be interesting to see how it looks when they post the weekend totals next week

I was wondering this or are we seeing the federal funding hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

jeffrey should make this an img macro

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Egg Moron posted:

https://i.imgur.com/M9QWjJm.mp4

unmute for this really tacky techno version of amazing grace

and a version if you wanna go out with class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeIWsfOW3ko

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

spacemang_spliff posted:

would it be weird to wear a mask to a family gathering?

don't go

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

i chewed out my little sister today because she drove from fuckin dfw to amarillo with her three kids to see my obese father for the weekend. i chewed his rear end out, too. i don't want my fat dad to die. :smith:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

do these people think new zealand beat this by not testing? or what? like I don't get how 'we are doing more testing' in any way makes '60,000 new cases per day' acceptable?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

An explanation for all of the recent Karen vids:

Right now millions of white people are feeling their class position. Without consumption to perform their class aspirations, those white people are spinning out. The cheap “luxury” haircuts at Great Clips. The milk and honey pedicure performed by immigrant women. The ingratiating table service at a garishly decorated chain restaurant that requires reservations. Consuming above your class position soothes the anxiety over white racial identity — what it means and what it might not mean. Yes, the Fox news viewer wants the service worker to risk death so they can order a craft beer, but it is more than just pure selfishness or misinformation. White consumption responds to a deep psychological and social function. The white consumer is fighting for their very lives, as they experience them. If they are not consuming, then they may not exist as they imagine they exist: good, hard-working Americans that are one right decision removed from their rightful place of benevolent superiority.

https://medium.com/more-of-a-comment/the-meltdown-crisis-dda5c3ff51a5

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol this is just a lie

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/adamsteinbaugh/status/1279174607786979332

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
No numbers from Los Angeles today? BOOOOO

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

How are we going to set new records when California isn't going to pull their drat weight

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Why the hell was Mexico's border open this long? Australia cut off all international flights in like February.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Shocked that some libertarian economist working for a hedge fund doesn't know what he's talking about and is pushing the herd immunity thing

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Why the hell was Mexico's border open this long? Australia cut off all international flights in like February.

mexican border authority being run by speedy gonzalez's really slow cousin

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Smythe posted:

trump should give me a LOT more money,. like, a LOT. just my opinion though

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

a lot of people live and work on different sides of the border around there

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008
Worldometers rolled over to the next day at +54,904, sorry no new record today folks. Virus is over

LA county numbers were not reported in that total, nor were a bunch of counties in TX

Pie Colony
Dec 8, 2006
I AM SUCH A FUCKUP THAT I CAN'T EVEN POST IN AN E/N THREAD I STARTED
new york starting to trend back up. my neighborhood is basically as crowded as pre-corona, most pedestrians in masks but just tons of people outdoor eating. can't wait for the inevitable second wave

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Thread title

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pie Colony posted:

new york starting to trend back up. my neighborhood is basically as crowded as pre-corona, most pedestrians in masks but just tons of people outdoor eating. can't wait for the inevitable second wave

it's so stupid. just pick up the food and eat at home!!!

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Sad Billionaire posted:

the full video's even more insane. she pretty much knocks herself out at the end.
https://twitter.com/whosalex/status/1278815661259661313

this is the craziest loving thing Ive ever seen. it’s a zombie. we got there!!!!

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Mexico is also run by populists lol

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

the only reason we didn't pass 60k is because places like LA were fraudulently, intentionally kept from reporting so we didn't have a 60k right before july 4th lmao

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1279144190522220544?s=20

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

In Training posted:

it's so stupid. just pick up the food and eat at home!!!

they need subordinates to serve it to them in order to feel alive

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Imagine being this paranoid

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Lmao

Hopeful actual experts said maybe

Tons of idiots just insisted it would as another excuse to do nothing and hope the problem solved itself

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

brugroffil posted:

Lmao

Tons of idiots just insisted it would as another excuse to do nothing and hope the problem solved itself

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

my in-laws posted pictures of themselves on social media eating out at a restaurant with friends to celebrate reopening and no one was wearing a mask and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

gimme the roni and free my soul, i wanna get tubed in the ICU, and drift away

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
If I may offer an alternative

Give me the roni and free my soul, I wanna gently caress up my bronchioles, and drift away

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Phil Layshow posted:

Give me the roni and free my soul, I wanna gently caress up my bronchioles, and drift away

lmao

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/DaniOliver/status/1279155358666305541?s=20

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

U-DO Burger posted:

my in-laws posted pictures of themselves on social media eating out at a restaurant with friends to celebrate reopening and no one was wearing a mask and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

*holding up a sock puppet* oh no I'm about to not have any in laws oh be sorry for me my life is TeRrIbLe

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

brugroffil posted:

Lmao

Doing absolutely nothing to help while finding ways to grift off whatever problem is occurring is the American way

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

U-DO Burger posted:

Gotta celebrate reopening and the return of the right to choose, by choosing the morally wrong thing that will definitely cause harm to other people because that's what freedom is for

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

tldr: covid fucks your poo poo up and may, for many who get it, result in permanent, chronic health problems

just the flu, bro.

Rhetoric-o-Tron
Jan 5, 2009

by Pragmatica
masks were mandated two days ago. went out for liquor because if i'm gonna watch trump say 14 words and burn a monument down then i need something to chase it with. no one was wearing a mask; four people, small store.

i'd act surprised but i'm not even a little bit

anyhow gonna dunk my kn95 in water and do roni chasers if anyone wants to join me with my lovely scotch and shittier vodka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

That just seems hellish and an eternal nightmare