Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Have you ever been to the moon?
This poll is closed.
Yes 149 32.82%
Absolutely 100 22.03%
I want to talk to Samson 205 45.15%
Total: 454 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

For the solo players here, what do you guys do
atm I'm just doing season pass rank ups because I really like the look of the siegebreak ornaments - so far just doing five bounties each from gunsmith and recaster gets me a rank and a half each time and I'm already 52 so it looks like I'll reach 100 long before beyond light comes out.
It's not so bad, it takes me just under an hour to do the two sets of bounties on weekdays, then at the weekends I do all the weekly powerful/pinnacles.
I don't get burnout or that grindy feeling this way. I already got mountaintop/recluse a long time ago so nothing to play for on the gear front. Just give me them juicy seasonal ornaments

This is p much what I'm doing, though with an eye to do some nightfalls/raids sometime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

OK come on man if you're gonna recommend aztecross to someone who doesn't like obnoxious voices you're just being a big ol meanie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJKFdPSYLMk

no voice-shame pls don't unsubscribe

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

the real reward is the friends we make along the way

https://i.imgur.com/6o1UkFt.mp4

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

For the solo players here, what do you guys do
atm I'm just doing season pass rank ups because I really like the look of the siegebreak ornaments - so far just doing five bounties each from gunsmith and recaster gets me a rank and a half each time and I'm already 52 so it looks like I'll reach 100 long before beyond light comes out.
It's not so bad, it takes me just under an hour to do the two sets of bounties on weekdays, then at the weekends I do all the weekly powerful/pinnacles.
I don't get burnout or that grindy feeling this way. I already got mountaintop/recluse a long time ago so nothing to play for on the gear front. Just give me them juicy seasonal ornaments

I took a big break from Season of Dawn, but I really wanted to finish my pass for that season. I was able to get from level 30 to level 103 in 3 weeks. I ran every single bounty from Moon, Strikes, PvP, Gambit, and Gunsmith. I also did the weekly clan bounties. I also did a ton of repeatable bounties as much as possible, especially the gunsmith ones (if I ran out of repeatables, I got more). I also did the stonks thing, which helped (gained about 15 levels per week doing stonks). I did this grind on 3 characters.

It was a big grind. I did not enjoy it, but I did hit level 100. For Worthy, I just casually played every week on one character, doing the main weekly bounties and occasional moon runs. I hit 100 about 40% of the way through the season. I am on track for doing the same thing with Arrivals doing the exact same process.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I maxed the season pass and did alot of raiding the past few weeks and kinda burned myself out so I'm playing less and just trying to get iron banner done on all my characters and try to figure out what I'm gonna do with all the armor and guns I have.

I really want to get solo flawless on Pit and Prophecy and finish Wayfarer by end of season.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

RocketRaygun posted:

I took a big break from Season of Dawn, but I really wanted to finish my pass for that season. I was able to get from level 30 to level 103 in 3 weeks. I ran every single bounty from Moon, Strikes, PvP, Gambit, and Gunsmith. I also did the weekly clan bounties. I also did a ton of repeatable bounties as much as possible, especially the gunsmith ones (if I ran out of repeatables, I got more). I also did the stonks thing, which helped (gained about 15 levels per week doing stonks). I did this grind on 3 characters.

It was a big grind. I did not enjoy it, but I did hit level 100. For Worthy, I just casually played every week on one character, doing the main weekly bounties and occasional moon runs. I hit 100 about 40% of the way through the season. I am on track for doing the same thing with Arrivals doing the exact same process.
i only hit some bounties on one character a day (to prevent myself burning out and wanting to die irl) and completed my pass last week. Bounties are very generous.

They're just hella boring :(

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

RBX posted:

I maxed the season pass and did alot of raiding the past few weeks and kinda burned myself out so I'm playing less and just trying to get iron banner done on all my characters and try to figure out what I'm gonna do with all the armor and guns I have.

I really want to get solo flawless on Pit and Prophecy and finish Wayfarer by end of season.

Don't forget to grab Osprey this week in the nightfall strike if you want Wayfarer, last easy chance at it basically.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

RBX posted:

Getting the braytech osprey is the last step I have and I’ve run it like 20 times including many >100k strange terrain ordeals and come up empty

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Funny enough i've had the weapons for awhile, I've just been lazy getting the adventures done. The weekly wait is annoying.

The one that took me the longest was one of the weapons from the nodes.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

A Treatise on Trials
Trials is 1 of the Destiny things I'm still following because it's weird how poorly it has been handled after Bungie (and the community) made such a big deal about it. They acknowledged relatively early last season (very quick by Bungie's standards) that Trials needed to change if it was going to remain a viable activity, but the only changes we've seen are the specific ones mentioned in those same comments months ago.

I think this lack of attention to Trials includes not even changing the loot table for the mode, because so far it looks like it's identical to last season's. Below are the rewards so far over the course of both seasons:

You can see that the armor piece rewards so far are identical between each season, and that weapons are awarded for the same spots (although the specific weapon chosen does appear to be genuinely random, which I suppose makes it unlucky for players that the worst weapons were chosen for 3-win rewards the first 3 weekends of this season).

Along the same lines of not making changes between seasons, last season Bungie had to change something in the game after the 1st week of Trials last season to allow Trials armor to drop outside of the flawless chest. Interestingly, the first week of this season was broken where player's couldn't travel to the Lighthouse if they went flawless. This is total conjecture, but I wouldn't be surprised if the quick change they made last season wasn't accounted for in the code for the 1st week of this season, which is what caused the bug.

Whether this theory of why The Lighthouse was broken is true, it still doesn't explain why they would remove the activity entirely for the 1st week of the season over a bug that would only impact a relatively tiny % of the player base. If anything, accidentally removing 1 of the biggest incentives for the best players to engage with the activity would likely result in a more balanced experience for less-skilled players trying to experiment with the game. A 1 week delay of an activity may not seem huge, but based on Steam's concurrent player count tracking, their was already a 30% drop in the population between weeks 1 & 2, which is a huge missed opportunity to try to convince people that Trials isn't half-baked.

Transitioning from theories about what caused a bug to a theory about dramatic & unexpected decisions, I wonder if their switch from SBMM to CBMM for most PvP modes was a subtle attempt to promote Trials, as players who were getting stomped in Trials last season are now more likely to be stomped in Quickplay, theoretically reducing the difference in their soul-crushing gameplay experience between Control and Trials. A counter-argument for this theory would be that the Elimination mode of PvP (the mode that is essentially the same as Trials) still uses SBMM, so a fireteam that is of below-average skill and trying to practice for Trials can't use that game mode as a reference for how their actual Trials experience will go. This is along the same lines as the same schizophrenic choice to make weapon/armor sunsetting affect Trials & Iron Banner, but not Quickplay, Elimination, or Competitive Crucible modes.

Conspiracy theories and strange decisions aside, the results are pretty clear. The Trials player count for this season was lower than it has ever been, at 1/3rd the number of players from the 1st week of it's launch less than 4 months ago (130k vs 380k). This is in spite of the overall player population being more than double the size of what it was at the end of last season (again, based on Steam concurrent player #'s).

As far as what Bungie could do to salvage the mode, I don't know if that's even possible anymore. You could remove Light Level being enabled so players aren't afraid to engage with it until they reach the soft cap, but then you also remove weapon sunsetting from the mode. You could make it a matchmade activity and expect players to take the good and the bad matches now that Quickplay is no longer SBMM and assumes the same mentality, but Trials as a concept is based on winning streaks, so even winning 50% of your games still doesn't feel like 'winning' in the mode (and still doesn't allow more than the 3-win reward). You could curate the loot table better, so the 3-win reward is always 1 of the 3 'good' Trials weapons, but now that Gnawing Hunger is a world drop and Felwinter's is the new best-in-class shotgun, even the 'good' Trials weapons aren't as appealing as they were at the start of last season.

Perhaps more importantly than whether it's possible to change Trials' trajectory is whether it's worthwhile to try. Some of the big issues are just beyond the realm of possibility, like addressing cheating on PC, and I don't think you can crawl back from where the mode is now by changing the # of tokens awarded per match (although I still think the decision to remove token rewards from lost matches was a mistake). I think the mode just needs to go, and I think that ends up improving the game as a result. Crucible as a whole needs fewer game modes, not more, and the developers have seemed to communicate that Trials can have at most 1 armor/weapon refresh a year. Getting rid of the Trials mode also allows you to get rid of the Elimination mode in Crucible, and allows you to drop 1 new armor set in 1 season each year, and 1 or 2 new weapons in the other 3 seasons of the year (and these would actually be new, not 're-issued'). The main thing the players would lose is the ability to earn some Triumphs & a Title/Seal, but Bungie seems to be fine with that as the removal of content into the Destiny Content Vault has the same effect. The players who would be most upset would be those who are really good at Crucible and felt that Trials was the only place to consistently play against people who weren't as good as them, but even that situation has been resolved with CBMM now being the only metric for the casual Crucible modes.

In conclusion: When the Fall Expansion arrives, there should only be 4 Crucible modes, and Trials should never be one of them.

Discospawn fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jul 4, 2020

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
What's the best Energy pulse rifle right now?

Unormal posted:

Don't forget to grab Osprey this week in the nightfall strike if you want Wayfarer, last easy chance at it basically.

Rumor going around is that (datamined later events of Season of Arrivals) they'll give you it, and several other Nightfall-exclusive rewards from the planets that are going away, as part of the quests where you evacuate the vaulted planets.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Premonition

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I've been trying to give this season a chance, but I'm playing a lot less. I feel like the advancement of the main story is a cover for this season having even less content than last season did. Last season, there were 3 new things to do on a daily basis and everyone was complaining about lacking content and being too bounty-focused. This season there's less than that, so I don't really get why this season seems to be getting generally higher praise:

Season 10: Grindy bounties, 3 daily repeatables (bunkers), 3 daily repeatable legendary lost sectors, and a public event similar to Forges.
Season 11: Grindy bounties, 1 weekly repeatable (Cradle), and a public event similar to Gambit.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

sticklefifer posted:

I've been trying to give this season a chance, but I'm playing a lot less. I feel like the advancement of the main story is a cover for this season having even less content than last season did. Last season, there were 3 new things to do on a daily basis and everyone was complaining about lacking content and being too bounty-focused. This season there's less than that, so I don't really get why this season seems to be getting generally higher praise:

Season 10: Grindy bounties, 3 daily repeatables (bunkers), 3 daily repeatable legendary lost sectors, and a public event similar to Forges.
Season 11: Grindy bounties, 1 weekly repeatable (Cradle), and a public event similar to Gambit.

It's because you are ignoring a big part of the season, which is the dungeon.

It's very good.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Worthy also sucked for reasons other than a lack of content, namely that the content was also all bad and the meta was loving miserable.

Arrival’s content and meta so far are a step in the right direction if not totally solved. We’ll have to see what Beyond Light does, though!

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

RocketRaygun posted:

It's because you are ignoring a big part of the season, which is the dungeon.

It's very good.

The dungeon has a high barrier to entry though, it is a horrific grind to 1030-1040

edit:
I have to say, I found this iteration of iron banner to be surprisingly painless - did all the pinnacles and the quest as well in just a couple of hours, this is while losing pretty much two thirds of my matches. After all said and done I was on around 220 tokens and it was enough to get me all the pieces of armor. I even got enhanced grenade launcher perks, and I feel encouraged to play more IB. I think Bungie has done a pretty decent job with iron banner this time, if they keep it this way it will be popular. The last time I played IB, it just felt like going into a brick wall almost immediately. The changes are really, really good.

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Jul 4, 2020

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.
I don't like the power grind either but horrific is a pretty strong word for it.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

What's the best Energy pulse rifle right now?

Rumor going around is that (datamined later events of Season of Arrivals) they'll give you it, and several other Nightfall-exclusive rewards from the planets that are going away, as part of the quests where you evacuate the vaulted planets.

Dang, the only nightfall exclusive I kinda care about is Militia's Birthright, which I forgot to farm last week.

I guess it's not as special now though with this season's energy breach GL.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Beard Yawn posted:

I don't like the power grind either but horrific is a pretty strong word for it.

When I began this season, I had 80-something hours played on my steam page. I reached 1051 this morning at 111 hours played. I have one character and didn't do the exploit. Whether that's too long is subjective, I don't think it felt grindy at all (my last post said as much) but that's a lot of time commitment just to be able to step into the dungeon without getting annihilated.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

The horrific thing about the power grind is that we’ve done it like 12 times in Destiny 2 and looks like we’ll keep doing it 4 times every year.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

Mattavist posted:

The horrific thing about the power grind is that we’ve done it like 12 times in Destiny 2 and looks like we’ll keep doing it 4 times every year.

Having a power grind isn’t the problem. Having a power grind that is 95% the same exact activities over the course of years is the problem.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm getting disconnected anytime I try to do anything at the tower. They really need to get that poo poo fixed.

The only two places it happens to me are the tower and mercury and it's happening all the time now. It's bonus fun too because lately its been kicking me clear back to the title screen after the code beaver nonsense so I get to wait through all that again too.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Discospawn posted:

A Treatise on Trials
Trials is 1 of the Destiny things I'm still following because it's weird how poorly it has been handled after Bungie (and the community) made such a big deal about it. They acknowledged relatively early last season (very quick by Bungie's standards) that Trials needed to change if it was going to remain a viable activity, but the only changes we've seen are the specific ones mentioned in those same comments months ago.

I think this lack of attention to Trials includes not even changing the loot table for the mode, because so far it looks like it's identical to last season's. Below are the rewards so far over the course of both seasons:

You can see that the armor piece rewards so far are identical between each season, and that weapons are awarded for the same spots (although the specific weapon chosen does appear to be genuinely random, which I suppose makes it unlucky for players that the worst weapons were chosen for 3-win rewards the first 3 weekends of this season).

Along the same lines of not making changes between seasons, last season Bungie had to change something in the game after the 1st week of Trials last season to allow Trials armor to drop outside of the flawless chest. Interestingly, the first week of this season was broken where player's couldn't travel to the Lighthouse if they went flawless. This is total conjecture, but I wouldn't be surprised if the quick change they made last season wasn't accounted for in the code for the 1st week of this season, which is what caused the bug.

Whether this theory of why The Lighthouse was broken is true, it still doesn't explain why they would remove the activity entirely for the 1st week of the season over a bug that would only impact a relatively tiny % of the player base. If anything, accidentally removing 1 of the biggest incentives for the best players to engage with the activity would likely result in a more balanced experience for less-skilled players trying to experiment with the game. A 1 week delay of an activity may not seem huge, but based on Steam's concurrent player count tracking, their was already a 30% drop in the population between weeks 1 & 2, which is a huge missed opportunity to try to convince people that Trials isn't half-baked.

Transitioning from theories about what caused a bug to a theory about dramatic & unexpected decisions, I wonder if their switch from SBMM to CBMM for most PvP modes was a subtle attempt to promote Trials, as players who were getting stomped in Trials last season are now more likely to be stomped in Quickplay, theoretically reducing the difference in their soul-crushing gameplay experience between Control and Trials. A counter-argument for this theory would be that the Elimination mode of PvP (the mode that is essentially the same as Trials) still uses SBMM, so a fireteam that is of below-average skill and trying to practice for Trials can't use that game mode as a reference for how their actual Trials experience will go. This is along the same lines as the same schizophrenic choice to make weapon/armor sunsetting affect Trials & Iron Banner, but not Quickplay, Elimination, or Competitive Crucible modes.

Conspiracy theories and strange decisions aside, the results are pretty clear. The Trials player count for this season was lower than it has ever been, at 1/3rd the number of players from the 1st week of it's launch less than 4 months ago (130k vs 380k). This is in spite of the overall player population being more than double the size of what it was at the end of last season (again, based on Steam concurrent player #'s).

As far as what Bungie could do to salvage the mode, I don't know if that's even possible anymore. You could remove Light Level being enabled so players aren't afraid to engage with it until they reach the soft cap, but then you also remove weapon sunsetting from the mode. You could make it a matchmade activity and expect players to take the good and the bad matches now that Quickplay is no longer SBMM and assumes the same mentality, but Trials as a concept is based on winning streaks, so even winning 50% of your games still doesn't feel like 'winning' in the mode (and still doesn't allow more than the 3-win reward). You could curate the loot table better, so the 3-win reward is always 1 of the 3 'good' Trials weapons, but now that Gnawing Hunger is a world drop and Felwinter's is the new best-in-class shotgun, even the 'good' Trials weapons aren't as appealing as they were at the start of last season.

Perhaps more importantly than whether it's possible to change Trials' trajectory is whether it's worthwhile to try. Some of the big issues are just beyond the realm of possibility, like addressing cheating on PC, and I don't think you can crawl back from where the mode is now by changing the # of tokens awarded per match (although I still think the decision to remove token rewards from lost matches was a mistake). I think the mode just needs to go, and I think that ends up improving the game as a result. Crucible as a whole needs fewer game modes, not more, and the developers have seemed to communicate that Trials can have at most 1 armor/weapon refresh a year. Getting rid of the Trials mode also allows you to get rid of the Elimination mode in Crucible, and allows you to drop 1 new armor set in 1 season each year, and 1 or 2 new weapons in the other 3 seasons of the year (and these would actually be new, not 're-issued'). The main thing the players would lose is the ability to earn some Triumphs & a Title/Seal, but Bungie seems to be fine with that as the removal of content into the Destiny Content Vault has the same effect. The players who would be most upset would be those who are really good at Crucible and felt that Trials was the only place to consistently play against people who weren't as good as them, but even that situation has been resolved with CBMM now being the only metric for the casual Crucible modes.

In conclusion: When the Fall Expansion arrives, there should only be 4 Crucible modes, and Trials should never be one of them.

Trials isn't unfixable, but Bungie's design philosophy of "we can't just ~give people things~, it has to remain ~balanced~" is what's loving them up.

Adding a bounty to get the 3-win reward was a good, positive change. They did not need to 'balance' that by removing tokens at all for a loss. If they hadn't done that, but had instead acted to make loot more accessible to plays (more tokens on a win/loss, allowing any item to drop from token turn-ins rather than just the few items you've unlocked) it might've pulled in a lot more players.

But they didn't, and that underlying philosophy is going to keep turning any positive change into two steps forward, one step back.

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.

Arkage posted:

Having a power grind isn’t the problem. Having a power grind that is 95% the same exact activities over the course of years is the problem.

This I do agree with. Honestly if they added even one new strike per season it would leaven the power grind a lot.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bungie’s streaky RNG is pissing me off today. I ground out all the IB bounties on all 3 characters, and after turning in ~1000 tokens, I got a total of... 5 Forward Paths. All 5 have feeding frenzy, which feels useless post-nerf IMO. All I wanted was one with dynamic sway so I could try it out.

:negative:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Prophecy Dungeon got boring fast

Low quality loot too

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Prophecy Dungeon got boring fast

Low quality loot too

Yeah, the loot pool this season is... not great.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

prophecy is great and has some of the best visuals in a game with a lot of fantastic art direction. I'm trying to get a whole set of the moonfang hunter set for transmog later. I also like tthe dialogues with drifter although I don't know any of the lore.

that said for whatever reason it's feeling like it'll get stale a lot faster than pit of heresy, which is just a great dungeon all around. not sure why that is but I kinda feel like the cube encounter and boss both take too long and the part where you sparrow around the field killing taken blights is kinda aimless, even if the environment is cool, while pit's pacing is pretty much perfect throughout.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah Prophecy Visuals are top tier, and the dungeon rocked my socks the first time I did it

Starting with the 2nd time through it was... I dare say... Pretty boring? Encounters drag on a bit and the no loot segments feel designed to pad the clock above all else

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Yeah every encounter goes on a touch too long, especially the Escher bit. I remember my first time through I kept asking my buddy who’d done it “did we do it wrong?” and he had to keep reassuring me we hadn’t

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I paid $10 to play this game for 3 days and get bored again. My brother likes Destiny but he got sucked into Assassin’s Creed: Hella Greek Stuff and I probably won’t see him for two weeks now as a result lmao

Sunsetting just has me completely bummed on the game. I just couldn’t imagine logging in to like Diablo 3 or Borderlands and having the game tell me all my cool items are becoming trash.

One thing about sunsetting that really gets under my skin is that it’s the most “video-gamey” bullshit imaginable. I cannot think of single reason it even COULD happen realistically. There’s no story reason or in-game explanation for it, one day you’re just gonna log in and all your guns will be bad.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Like all lore in this game, just blame the light. "Oh, the pyramids came and the now-awake traveler noticed and had to re-attune our light!" It's not hard to make poo poo up when your science fiction is actually just magic.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Bust Rodd posted:

I paid $10 to play this game for 3 days and get bored again. My brother likes Destiny but he got sucked into Assassin’s Creed: Hella Greek Stuff and I probably won’t see him for two weeks now as a result lmao

Sunsetting just has me completely bummed on the game. I just couldn’t imagine logging in to like Diablo 3 or Borderlands and having the game tell me all my cool items are becoming trash.

One thing about sunsetting that really gets under my skin is that it’s the most “video-gamey” bullshit imaginable. I cannot think of single reason it even COULD happen realistically. There’s no story reason or in-game explanation for it, one day you’re just gonna log in and all your guns will be bad.

I mean they'll still be usable in literally all aspects of PvP aside from Trials which I doubt you do (and also serves as a loadout rotation method like Magic because everyone has to use newer guns for Trials) so I don't see the problem unless you're really maxing out for Nightfalls.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Eej posted:

I mean they'll still be usable in literally all aspects of PvP aside from Trials which I doubt you do (and also serves as a loadout rotation method like Magic because everyone has to use newer guns for Trials) so I don't see the problem unless you're really maxing out for Nightfalls.

The problem was that I have like 10-15 guns I like out of the hundreds of guns the game has, and those are the guns I liked keeping maxed out. That was how I played, that was the loop through which I have enjoyed my nearly 2,000 hours in this game. They are going out of their way to change that, and now I have to engage with the grind in a way I never did before in order to stay current.

Another way to look at it is this: I am not a PvP player. I like Crucible and IB a lot, but only as a way to kill time or play with other goons. I’m first and foremost a light-cap PvE player, the person who sunsetting affects the most.

It’s like what they did to my poor Sleeper Simulant all over again, except this time it’s all my favorite guns.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

So I think I found my new favorite shader, greyscale undergrowth, which is season of dawn-era. I don't really know why I like it so much, it's simply dull grey but the material properties just look great. It's sold for 40 dust on the store right now and I fell in love with it straight away. It suits the seasonal armor and sparrow to a tee.

There's another shader available for 40 dust called iridescent coral. It is _shiny_ as gently caress.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Eej posted:

PVE rolled guns are not good in crucible, lets stop this.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I’ve seen people say you can pull out shaders you’ve had in the past and reuse them for a materials cost, how do you do that? I’ve only ever been applying poo poo I actively have in my inventory.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Soul Glo posted:

I’ve seen people say you can pull out shaders you’ve had in the past and reuse them for a materials cost, how do you do that? I’ve only ever been applying poo poo I actively have in my inventory.

From the character equipment screen you can move to the collections tab, it will be under 'flair' category, in the shaders section. You can pull all of the shaders you collected since Forsaken. They only cost a small number of glimmer and 2 legendary shards to pull (I think some other shaders cost less, some cost more, but that's generally the cost for most of them anyway)

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

just completed the victory banners bounty via 20 losses ama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

sure okay posted:

just completed the victory banners bounty via 20 losses ama

around loss 15 did you just go full on conscientious objector to make it go faster?