Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Why wouldn't they adapt one of the most popular manga anymore? Especially since Part 5 was so popular among new people (due to twinks and shipping discourse, I assume, but that won't stop, since araki only makes characters hornier)
It hasn't even been a year since Golden Wind ended, and with COVID loving everything up, no poo poo everything's in the air. Sure, it was a different industry, but insiders for some video game companies told have said some companies don't want to announce stuff, considering that plans change almost on daily basis.

Besides, Part 6 is the best and you can just stop after it. It wraps things up nicely, unlike some parts, and I haven't heard anyone say that they like Part 7 /s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Vookatos posted:

Besides, Part 6 is the best and you can just stop after it. It wraps things up nicely, unlike some parts, and I haven't heard anyone say that they like Part 7 /s

:frogout:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Yeah, I'm not really worried in the slightest about part 6 being made eventually, I was just hoping we'd see it tonight. There's always been huge gaps between part announcements, and we've got the pandemic on top of that, so I wouldn't be surprised if it took them years still start it.

Also, if they wanted to go to the real life area for inspiration, Florida is just about the worst place to go right now, and probably will be for a while...

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jul 4, 2020

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I've been holding off reading Part Six in the hopes of an anime but I only have so much self-control.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Fugo wouldn't fit into Part 5. We don't even know what kind of music he likes. :argh:

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Man Diamond is Unbreakable really dips huh.

Yeah I don't know why I sat on watching JoJo for this long.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oh so that's where the Zeo Crystal is.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

MiddleOne posted:

Man Diamond is Unbreakable really dips huh.

Yeah I don't know why I sat on watching JoJo for this long.

One thing I really like about part 4 is that the art is a nice balance between huge shoulder meat mountain designs of part 3 and earlier, and when everyone becomes model-thin and less expressive faces in favor of pouty photoshoot stares from part 5.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Willsun posted:

One thing I really like about part 4 is that the art is a nice balance between huge shoulder meat mountain designs of part 3 and earlier, and when everyone becomes model-thin and less expressive faces in favor of pouty photoshoot stares from part 5.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Not gonna lie, I know it would jank af but I still wish the gradual art shift was in the anime too so I could have Super Buff Josuke getting into early DiU shenanigans

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm gonna be honest.

It really wasn't that gradual. It was like over the course of two or three chapters in the Okuyasu fight.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I still wish they kept hazamada and kobayashi's original proportions

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Koichi stole their menacing aura when he defeated them.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

alternate universe where they're introduced as being tiny and non-threatening while doing evil things but over time they turn super-menacing and huge when they're all buddy-buddy with everyone and just doing benign stuff

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm gonna be honest.

It really wasn't that gradual. It was like over the course of two or three chapters in the Okuyasu fight.

The same goes with Iggy. Sure, there was a bit of softening up as time went on, but there's a very clear point in the Pet Shop fight where one chapter, Iggy has a dog face and then literally the next chapter, he has a man face.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Iggy’s sudden change in that chapter/episode was definitely deliberate. Giving him a humanoid face let him express emotions in a way that his normal non-freakish-man-dog-hybrid-abomination face couldn’t.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that was actually just the power of horus, to give human faces to dogs. it was sheer coincidence that it was able to make all that ice.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Iggy’s sudden change in that chapter/episode was definitely deliberate. Giving him a humanoid face let him express emotions in a way that his normal non-freakish-man-dog-hybrid-abomination face couldn’t.

dog face iggy is so much better though, it's one of my favorite character designs in the entire series

it's just intrinsically funny to look at

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

AU where they just had a pleasant vacation across half the planet (there were still multiple plane crashes).

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Is this a meme?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Waffleman_ posted:

The same goes with Iggy. Sure, there was a bit of softening up as time went on, but there's a very clear point in the Pet Shop fight where one chapter, Iggy has a dog face and then literally the next chapter, he has a man face.

It actually happened over the course of a few pages.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

multijoe posted:

Is this a meme?

nah, its fanart, i just like iggy's face there

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Unspoken difference in the Jojo universe is that Al Queda didn't cause 9/11, Joseph did.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

David D. Davidson posted:

Unspoken difference in the Jojo universe is that Al Queda didn't cause 9/11, Joseph did.

Confirmed

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

that was actually just the power of horus, to give human faces to dogs. it was sheer coincidence that it was able to make all that ice.

Yeah Horus was the man-faced-dog stand. Similarly, Enya didn't reanimate people as zombies (they were made with Dio's Vampire Powers). The water freezing to attack Iggy was Enya's stand, Just ice.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

The ice stand in Part 5 should’ve been named Coolio.

That is my contribution to this conversation about ice stands.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Tunicate posted:

Yeah Horus was the man-faced-dog stand. Similarly, Enya didn't reanimate people as zombies (they were made with Dio's Vampire Powers). The water freezing to attack Iggy was Enya's stand, Just ice.

hol horse's stand power was to be the only heterosexual person in jojo. he just knew how to do cool magician tricks and make an imitation gun appear in his hand

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

David D. Davidson posted:

I thought that Joseph was the New York landlord that ended up becoming President.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's a mindfuck that at the time, Vanilla Ice was a very recent reference when he first showed up in the manga (he hadn't even released his debut album when Stardust Crusaders began.)

Waffleman_ posted:

I thought that Joseph was the New York landlord that ended up becoming President.

Joseph murdered someone and is now hiding out in Belize and tweeting about whale sex or some poo poo.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Funky Valentine posted:

Joseph murdered someone and is now hiding out in Belize and tweeting about whale sex or some poo poo.

I thought John McAfee would have changed his McAfee/Joester 2016 twitter avatar by now but I guess he's running again this year

Elect this man, America

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 11, 2020

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

Okay, but

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah it's a stand, it affects photos too. everyone remembers the dog as having a human face always. i know the deep lore. araki said this in an interview

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

The desert heat made his face shrivel up and shrink

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Here, have some modern Iggy, both dog-faced and man-faced:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Man, Modern Jotaro really does not look right at all.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Funky Valentine posted:

It's a mindfuck that at the time, Vanilla Ice was a very recent reference when he first showed up in the manga (he hadn't even released his debut album when Stardust Crusaders began.)

I mean, a lot of the references in JJBA aren’t actually “retro” when you consider when they were made. Dio had only been a solo artist after leaving Black Sabbath for like 4 years when the first chapter came out, for instance, and a lot of the references in SBR are fairly contemporary to the 2000s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Last Celebration posted:

Man, Modern Jotaro really does not look right at all.

Pretty much every old character looks terrible in Araki's modern style.