Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

They sent an artist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Daniel Avocado with the non-branded facemask

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

F1TV is such a marvelous piece of poo poo.

I'm getting "Subscribe to Watch" messaging on any and all replay videos.
Haven't tried live because my sub doesn't support that but from what I've read after googling, the video access is flipped? (live <-> replay)

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Good job Binotto forcing Arrivabene out, now the car AND the team are weaker, you loving clown.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Arrivabene was even worse.

Props to Toto going for the face screen, some of us find being able to lip read helpful

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Toto throwing shade at Ferrari by mentioning Red Bull and not them was An Art.

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

tuo posted:

WTF Rebus?

Better performance than last year. I understand there are some significant upgrades on the way, so give it another few races and we could be making q2 on the reg.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Brundle’s kid is a poo poo commentator and a fraud.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

learnincurve posted:

Brundle’s kid is a poo poo commentator and a fraud.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
couldve just said british

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Even Shitter Brundle not knowing the names of the drivers or teams is driving the other guy absolutely nuts, he’s resorted to asking him questions where even shitter has to give a simple one name answer and even shitter is just waffling.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Yeah its so jarring as the race is real good but the bad commentary from brundle jr is overpowering.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Without knowing it was brundle's kid I correctly guessed that it was because they sound so similar.

Ferrari academy 1-2-3-4 in F2 right now (as a result of mechanical failure)

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

learnincurve posted:

Even Shitter Brundle not knowing the names of the drivers or teams is driving the other guy absolutely nuts, he’s resorted to asking him questions where even shitter has to give a simple one name answer and even shitter is just waffling.

ngl tho good voice to nod off to

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Schumacher Jr almost pulls a Silverstone `99

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Turns out Mick's poo poo

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Tsaedje posted:

Without knowing it was brundle's kid I correctly guessed that it was because they sound so similar.

Ferrari academy 1-2-3-4 in F2 right now (as a result of mechanical failure)

I honestly just thought it was brundle when I watched f2s quali until midway through when I realized his delivery was a bit quicker

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

the paradigm shift posted:

I honestly just thought it was brundle when I watched f2s quali until midway through when I realized his delivery was a bit quicker

He has a slightly more nasal affect and higher pitch to his voice

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Pretty great start to the season:

- Vettel too slow for Q3
- Lance Stroll Driver of the Day
- Bottas pole sets Lewis up to get in there
- Max forced to wear a mask

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Rebus posted:

Better performance than last year. I understand there are some significant upgrades on the way, so give it another few races and we could be making q2 on the reg.

Copy the Merc already!

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

marshalljim posted:

- Max forced to wear a mask

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

I didn't actually catch any of what max was saying because I was trying to figure out if his mask was an american flag

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

DevCore posted:

F1TV is such a marvelous piece of poo poo.

I'm getting "Subscribe to Watch" messaging on any and all replay videos.
Haven't tried live because my sub doesn't support that but from what I've read after googling, the video access is flipped? (live <-> replay)

Cool, I called their support number and the rep said that replays on the F1TV Access subscription are available 48 HOURS AFTER the race weekend.
Nowhere did it say that in the subscription plan, I even looked for a link to fineprint. Cool, loving that I'll have to be on a social media blackout for 48 hours or pirate their loving broadcast defeating the whole point of subscribing.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
People still getting conned by Tata-owned & operated F1 TV is sad to see. Spread the word of how garbage and poo poo and low-rent it is.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

DevCore posted:

Cool, I called their support number and the rep said that replays on the F1TV Access subscription are available 48 HOURS AFTER the race weekend.
Nowhere did it say that in the subscription plan, I even looked for a link to fineprint. Cool, loving that I'll have to be on a social media blackout for 48 hours or pirate their loving broadcast defeating the whole point of subscribing.

It’s the first FAQ topic lol

https://support.f1.tv/s/article/What-is-F1-TV-and-what-do-I-get-with-it?language=en_US

And the replay timeframe is by country, also linked from that page

https://f1tv.formula1.com/en/content-schedule

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

quote:

Gains/losses for Austria qualifying vs 2019 times:

Racing Point -0.921
Williams -0.737
Renault -0.493
McLaren -0.473
AlphaTauri -0.360
Mercedes -0.323s
Red Bull +0.038
Haas +0.619
Ferrari +0.920
Alfa Romeo +1.119

Seems something about Ferrari power just ain't good this season
:magemage:

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Khablam posted:

Seems something about Ferrari power just ain't good this season
:magemage:

bbbut Alfa is top of the speed traps it can't be that

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

I'm looking at both links and not seeing anything about a 48 hour delay.
I've also looked through all the documentation I can find and saw nothing mentioning a 48 hour delay.

The only thing I've seen is reddit posts saying F1TV support told them.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

DevCore posted:

I've also looked through all the documentation I can find and saw nothing mentioning a 48 hour delay.

The only thing I've seen is reddit posts saying F1TV support told them.

Turn your monitor on

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

DevCore posted:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

No ring

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Just watched qualifying highlights.

Lol vettel sucks

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
What kind of country list doesn’t start with America? This is why we should change the name to @merica so it always comes first in alphabetical lists.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

https://twitter.com/SkySportsF1/status/1279457084971638785

get in the stewards room lewis.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Here to say lol Ferrari

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

racist flags

e: "Austian GP"

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

quote:

Speaking after qualifying, Hamilton said he couldn't see the yellow flags caused by Bottas running wide and onto the gravel.

"Not that I saw, no," the Englishman said when asked if there were yellow flags.

"I came round the corner, got on the power and I thought that Valtteri had perhaps gone wide and then come back on further up the road. So I was looking out for the gravel on the track and the car on the track, but there was nothing there so I continued.
They're literally in a fixed position you can look at, Lewis. Also, on your wheel.

This is the lamest excuse.

Max forever morale WDC for admitting he saw the flags, rather than "idk maybe there were flags, but who could tell?!"

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

No further action for Lewis

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/f...low%20flags.pdf

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

#Blessed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift