Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

i think its about time the write some new scrolls

Zoomer Scrolls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

My feeling is that it's going to be "the calmer rose up and killed most everyone. "

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Can't wait to see what the next version of Gambryo is going to look like!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Fame Douglas posted:

Can't wait to see what the next version of Gambryo is going to look like!

More like GameCryo, because it's frozen in time lmao!!!

StarBegotten
Mar 23, 2016

I assume TES 6 will be made with basically the same engine they will use for Starfield?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
At least there's a good chance Caliente's Beautiful Bodies will be available day 1.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Chomp8645 posted:

If you think about it, if every single house has "valuable" stuff, then really none of it is valuable!

Sorry I can't hear you over my five pips of smithing training with every levelup and my incredibly lucrative potions/enchanting business.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Agents are GO! posted:

My feeling is that it's going to be "the calmer rose up and killed most everyone. "

then they weren't that calm. :colbert:

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

StarBegotten posted:

I assume TES 6 will be made with basically the same engine they will use for Starfield?

What even is Starfield? It's been talked about for years and there's absolutely nothing other than a name. It's going to be the same janky gamebryo stuff they've been hawking for years. But in space.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mitochondritom posted:

What even is Starfield? It's been talked about for years and there's absolutely nothing other than a name. It's going to be the same janky gamebryo stuff they've been hawking for years. But in space.

which I will play for hundreds of hours, modding and bitching the entire the time

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

mitochondritom posted:

If it's Bethesda Studios creating it then count on it, it's the only engine they know and they also know that game reviewers will be very forgiving when it comes to bugs, unless Fallout 76 has changed that.

StarBegotten
Mar 23, 2016

mitochondritom posted:

...and the very teaser trailer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUobbpHERh8

I really hope they try to pull off a better engine for it so they can capitalise on it being a next gen only title - but who am I kidding, I am buying it anyway. ;)

If the rumours of a showing in August's "Quakcon at home" are correct we may to have to wait long to find out more.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Randaconda posted:

I wander what they'll keep as canon from Skyrim.

I assume the Stormcloaks winning and the Emperor getting killed, just for maximum chaos, but I dunno what else.

This is my guess, but I would not be surprised if the ongoing current political situations in the real world have made the Empire the effective winners of the Civil War in all cases, because Ulfric and the whole "Skyrim for the Nords" thing came awfully close to some current political features that I don't think game devs in general are big fans of.

By which I mean, I'm going to guess that the New Emperor has trashed the White-Gold Concordat and patched things up with the Nords to ensure their continued presence in the Empire.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Maybe in a decade it will become clear that Starfield was in fact a prequel for TES.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Agents are GO! posted:

Are the Calmer the really mellow elves?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

Are the Calmer the really mellow elves?

They are thanks to the central role the merijuana plant plays in their culture.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Would honestly like to see the Empire disappear, give all the other cultures room to breathe (I do not say this as a Stormcloak sympathizer).

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Would honestly like to see the Empire disappear, give all the other cultures room to breathe (I do not say this as a Stormcloak sympathizer).

The Emperor is getting old. Don't know how much longer he'll hang on. So is the whole Empire, for that matter. Getting old, that is. The Emperor and the legions have held the Empire together for hundreds of years. It's been a good thing, by and large. But maybe it's time for a change. Time for something young and new. What? No idea. Because I'm old. Old dog doesn't get new ideas. But maybe young folks like you should try some new ideas. I don't know. Could be messy. But change is never pretty.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

cargohills posted:

The Emperor is getting old. Don't know how much longer he'll hang on. So is the whole Empire, for that matter. Getting old, that is. The Emperor and the legions have held the Empire together for hundreds of years. It's been a good thing, by and large. But maybe it's time for a change. Time for something young and new. What? No idea. Because I'm old. Old dog doesn't get new ideas. But maybe young folks like you should try some new ideas. I don't know. Could be messy. But change is never pretty.

*Some young Altmer get new ideas about eugenics*

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
M'aiq has already said he will not rule over this land, he no longer wishes to hear those who would ask him.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

cargohills posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8rR1QvwKXQ

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I picked up Oblivion from the summer sale, and after playing it for the first time in like 9 years, it's a bit sad how after the simplification of rpg elements from Morrowind, Skyrim took it even further than that. I feel like under the current direction (though who knows how things go in the next 10 years it'll take) TES6 will probably be a really fun action game with the vague skeleton of an rpg.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

At the very least illusion will be cut as a spell school.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

At the very least illusion will be cut as a spell school.

First mysticism and now this???

TES 7: two spells schools. "HURT" and "HEAL".

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
The idea of a “Dragonborn” was too confusing, so it will be simplified to “Dragon Warrior.”

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Raserys posted:

I picked up Oblivion from the summer sale, and after playing it for the first time in like 9 years, it's a bit sad how after the simplification of rpg elements from Morrowind, Skyrim took it even further than that. I feel like under the current direction (though who knows how things go in the next 10 years it'll take) TES6 will probably be a really fun action game with the vague skeleton of an rpg.

So it'll be like Fallout 4 is what you're telling me

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

bony tony posted:

So it'll be like Fallout 4 is what you're telling me

An hour into the game the main quest gives you a full set of enchanted daedric gear, but it requires Grand Soul Gems to power and they only last 15 minutes each.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Raserys posted:

Oblivion has a lot of stuff going on under the hood that just isn't there in Skyrim. It's simplified from Morrowind yeah but there's also some stuff there that I'm pretty sure isn't, especially around the formula calculations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
TES III & IV: STR/INT/WIL/AGI/SPD/END/PER/LCK

TES 5: Health/Magicka/Stamina

TES 6: Health/Stamicka?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Tes 7: boolean dead or not dead

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Chomp8645 posted:

TES III & IV: STR/INT/WIL/AGI/SPD/END/PER/LCK

TES 5: Health/Magicka/Stamina

TES 6: Health/Stamicka?

Stmealthicka. It's a binary value. Alive: Yes/No?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tes 7: boolean dead or not dead

Use CHIM to give yourself the power of 2.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Stealth Archers don't need stamina or magicka anyways.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
There'll be only three stats, Thief (replaces stamina and all sneak/crafting/acrobatic skills); Mage (replaces Magicka and all spell schools); and Warrior (replaces health and all weapon skills).

In TES 7, there will be only one stat, Level, that replaces every other stats in previous games.

In TES 8, there will also be only one stat, but it'll be Bethesbux Spent. It'll work just like Level in TES 7, except the only way to increase it is by spending Bethesbux.

The setting for TES 7 will be a single city. The setting for TES 8 will be a painstaking recreation of Todd Howard's house.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 7, 2020

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Jokes aside I wouldn't be at all surprised if they merged stamina and mana in TES6. Bethesda have proven over and over again that they love "streamlining" game systems, but often don't seem to remember or care why the systems they're trimming existed in the first place.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

If Fallout is any indication, TES 6 will be battle royale with base building. Last man/mer/beastperson standing will achieve chim. Chim could be then traded for cosmetic items.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 7, 2020

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

An hour into the game the main quest gives you a full set of enchanted daedric gear, but it requires Grand Soul Gems to power and they only last 15 minutes each.

tbf the power armor in Fallout 4 is really cool and is the first time it actually feels special and not just like armor that happens to look neat

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

cargohills posted:

tbf the power armor in Fallout 4 is really cool and is the first time it actually feels special and not just like armor that happens to look neat

Sure but the timing of getting it and the way it warps the games balance is god awful

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Kamrat posted:

If they didn't have the technology to do jungles just yet they should've picked another place instead of ruining Cyrodiil.

there were plenty of jungles in daggerfall in 1996!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sure but the timing of getting it and the way it warps the games balance is god awful

I didn't have a problem with either. There are plenty of frames and parts around if you don't want to go hang out with the dullest man in Boston, and power armor isn't even the brokenest thing you can do in that game.