Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It will own when 90% of the players are quarantined after those scrimmages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Veryslightlymad posted:

It's a gamble. Personally, I don't think Mitchell will improve to that point, nor do I think Gobert will lose value. But I agree that if you move one, you move Gobert, because while Mitchell is the one most vocal about it, I can't imagine anyone on the team is happy with Gobert. You gotta move the guy who caused the problem.

Yeah Mitchell is obviously very promising but due to a combination of scoring guards being overrated and all-world defensive centers being underrated, there's a slim chance he'll be quite as good as Rudy is now. Regardless I can't see them picking Rudy over Donovan after all of this anyways but in a vacuum I'd rather have Rudy Gobert

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Elephanthead posted:

Pacers offered him a less then max deal extension and he got mad. He is done here. Hopefully some dumb team will trade for him.

If that's true the Pacers dodged the biggest bullet in the world

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Vlade is going to do something like trade Hield and a pick for Dipo

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/GoHeadBlockMe/status/1279414219633561600?s=19

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1279461121670463488

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Cool Buff Man posted:

Dipo is good enough to make enjoyable as gently caress regular season games, and get the Pacers into the playoffs.

Getting into the playoffs is Pacers endgame every season. Winning a series is like a Championship.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

What's Dwyane Wade up to
https://streamable.com/ewk1bi

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Who is the better backup center?
https://streamable.com/cjpurm

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Cool Buff Man posted:

in dipo and his agent’s defense, someone will give him a max, he’s a hometown hero and presumably the most popular player on the team, and it’s not like free agents are climbing over each other to sign in indianapolis (at least not since jermaine o’neal was on the team)

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Declan MacManus posted:

in dipo and his agent’s defense, someone will give him a max, he’s a hometown hero and presumably the most popular player on the team, and it’s not like free agents are climbing over each other to sign in indianapolis (at least not since jermaine o’neal was on the team)

Overpaying a guy like Oladipo is not the move that will let you attract free agents, though. If he wants too much, let him walk, or, better yet, sign and trade him. Someone else is bound to overpay or need his particular skills enough where it might not be overpaying.

I completely forgot he existed before the last two pages.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I like dipo

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

Vlade is going to do something like trade Hield and a pick for Dipo

Makes sense, get a younger core around Fox.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Veryslightlymad posted:

Overpaying a guy like Oladipo is not the move that will let you attract free agents, though. If he wants too much, let him walk, or, better yet, sign and trade him. Someone else is bound to overpay or need his particular skills enough where it might not be overpaying.

It's Indianapolis

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I actually had to check his bbr page because of how little I remember him, and his 2017-2018 season was great. If he were anywhere near that over the last two years.... (Seriously? He made the 2018-19 all star game?) Then maybe you do max him. But what the hell have his last two seasons earned him?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Veryslightlymad posted:

i don’t think the pacers are wrong for letting him walk, i just understand why his team would expect the max from them; that’s where his market is probably at

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Declan MacManus posted:

i don’t think the pacers are wrong for letting him walk, i just understand why his team would expect the max from them; that’s where his market is probably at

You are probably right. With a season like that one under his belt, someone's going to want to take a gamble, and I am not sure if I blame them. I just personally wouldn't.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Nobody is coming to Indy as a FA. Pay who you got.

Monta Ellis and David West are the big names in FA History.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
There is actual, live, vaguely professional basketball on ESPN right now

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

The Glumslinger posted:

Capers putting in work

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/no_cut_card/status/1279511380782198789

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The Glumslinger posted:

TBT is cool because everyone gets excited about the ex-NBA or big name college players and then a bunch of no name guys who have been in Europe for a decade win it every year.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

oladipo being reduced to a puddle of tears and turnovers cause he couldnt pass the ball well enough to exploit kevin love double teaming him is still some of the funniest poo poo. oh poo poo a dude with no defensive range and t rex arms is lumbering towards me what do i do

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Ghost Dog posted:

Steph Curry being reduced to a puddle of tears and turnovers cause he couldnt pass the ball well enough to exploit kevin love double teaming him is still some of the funniest poo poo. oh poo poo a dude with no defensive range and t rex arms is lumbering towards me what do i do

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

that wasnt a double team u fool. kevin needed no help to clamp wardell

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Weak

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1279451872730939395?s=19

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

everytime im reminded of this i go Hell Yeah

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Brogdon went to Indy last year in FA and it was a decently big signing. Hopefully he stops getting hurt

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

chunkles posted:

ive obtained top secret intelligence that the rockets intend to play fast

https://twitter.com/kellyikonba/status/1279101096372428801?s=21

no word yet on whether they intend to also take a lot of 3s. more as this develops

While it will almost certainly still come down to Lakers/Bucks/Clips, I feel like the Rockets are the one team whose chances are somewhat improved with the layoff. If other contenders' bigs come back in substandard cardio shape, they could be in real trouble.

Of course, James Harden could also tear an ACL on a Eurostep, so I shouldn't be too confident.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

https://twitter.com/ComplexSports/status/1279420989848289280?s=19

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Cool Buff Man posted:

Brogdon went to Indy last year in FA and it was a decently big signing. Hopefully he stops getting hurt

To be fair, I think Brogdon went there under the pretense that he would be forming a big three with Oladipo and Doug "Dougie McBuckets" McDermott

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I'd watch Melo grab rebounds for days

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Athanatos posted:

I'd watch Melo grab rebounds for days

https://twitter.com/youngchris_97/status/1279441644786462721?s=19

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I don't think you should break up a team that won 48 games the last two years and was probably winning 48-52 this year. Yeah you're not a contender but you hold off for some huge dumb luck like a star trading in your lap (Toronto), or a young late pick becomes a DPOY contender (2014 Warriors) that helps turn your 2nd round team into a contender.

I get its an overpay for Oladipo but it's not horrendous and otherwise you're toiling around in Charlotte Hornet territory.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
It's ok to be a team that's merely just good. It's fun to root for a good team

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Lockback posted:

I get its an overpay for Oladipo but it's not horrendous and otherwise you're toiling around in Charlotte Hornet territory.

He is coming off a major injury. There's a ton of uncertainty in his ability to even be 80% when he starts playing again.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Metapod posted:

It's basically been the Pacers' MO for their entire existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Metapod posted:

Yeah I don't understand why fans have a championship or bust mentality. A fun team to watch for 82 games is great, a playoff run is a bonus, and a championship is a pipe dream.

Not every team should be trying to bottom out every 4 years