Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll
This poll is closed.
Yes 151 82.51%
No 32 17.49%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

Constitutional carry probably refers to the fact that we have the right to bear arms enshrined in our constitution.

In an entirely unrelated note we happen to have a huge amount of shootings.

Naturally these people don’t remember what half the words in the 2nd amendment mean

And I don’t give a poo poo about some busted Supreme Court ruling saying that Cletus counts as his own well-regulated militia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Fallom posted:

Naturally these people don’t remember what half the words in the 2nd amendment mean

And I don’t give a poo poo about some busted Supreme Court ruling saying that Cletus counts as his own well-regulated militia

uNdER nO PrETenSe

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Fallom posted:

Hence Vermont's constitutional carry.

quote:

Article 16. [Right to bear arms; standing armies; military power subordinate to civil]
That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the State--and as standing armies in time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; and that the military should be kept under strict subordination to and governed by the civil power.

Their constitution's wording of the right made it more difficult to misread it. And perhaps Vermont's smaller size and greater homogeneity made it less 'necessary' to misread it.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 4, 2020

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Proud Christian Mom posted:

there is a subset of our population that is utterly terrified of being the victim of crime, any crime, at every moment of the day. these people also don't wear masks and tell people not to live in fear.

You’re not exaggerating, a guy I knew in high school tried to figure out how to wear a holster in the shower as that was the only time he may not have instant access to a gun and his enemies could strike.

He also had a weird rear end plan to defend himself from a societal collapse in Southern California by fortifying a motel and drinking pool water. After he moved to Puerto Rico for tax purposes without caring if that may be rough on his non-Spanish speaking kids and wife he got very divorced.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

You guys talking science and data and how to extrapolate- college kid poo poo.

I went to the school of hard knocks, just like Trump, and these articles I'm not reading reinforce what he told me. This is all a Dem Hoax!

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PGij9ps4IpY

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
The only cool thing that ever happened at Mt. Rushmore was Russel Means pissing on it.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Hyrax Attack! posted:

You’re not exaggerating, a guy I knew in high school tried to figure out how to wear a holster in the shower as that was the only time he may not have instant access to a gun and his enemies could strike.

He also had a weird rear end plan to defend himself from a societal collapse in Southern California by fortifying a motel and drinking pool water. After he moved to Puerto Rico for tax purposes without caring if that may be rough on his non-Spanish speaking kids and wife he got very divorced.

I love how it turns out that in order to survive a horrible crisis the main skills required will be to avoid survivalist weirdos and being able to get along and cooperate with your neighbors.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

McNally posted:

GodDAMNIT

It's ok McNally you're always a weiner at Pedro's

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

shame on an IGA posted:

It's ok McNally you're always a weiner at Pedro's

I was driving to Orlando with my wife and sister when we passed the South of the Border billboards and the "you never sausage a place!" billboard tickled my wife so much that she'd randomly start laughing and announce it for months.

If not years.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1279555471750254592

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Jesus loving Christ

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

:downsyes:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
There's a glitch in the Matrix the President's brain.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I've made drunken shameful phone calls to exes that were more coherent than this.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I am really not sure what the intended message was. We won Vietnam? Vietnam won Desert Storm? Vietnam was Desert Storm?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

DESERT STORM CURES VIETNAM

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/1279575273365594112?s=20

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

yeah, good, ok

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Because of this, a parallel universe was created where Kanye somehow defeats Trump and wins the election, wherein we get the United States of Yeezy with Secretary of State Kim Kardashian.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://mobile.twitter.com/kanyewest/status/1073688212311326722?lang=en

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

:sickos:

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Because of this, a parallel universe was created where Kanye somehow defeats Trump and wins the election, wherein we get the United States of Yeezy with Secretary of State Kim Kardashian.

It can't be any worse than this one.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

If the Kojima tweet was current I’m not sure which of the two would be more alarming.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

what, again?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Midjack posted:

If the Kojima tweet was current I’m not sure which of the two would be more alarming.

Then we get SecDef Solid Snake, CJCS Revolver Ocelot and JSOC Commander Quiet.

Not seeing a problem with any of this.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1279541020112367618?s=20

As I Michigander who left the Midwest, came back, and am leaving again, gently caress the white people of Michigan

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Midjack posted:

idgaf if kanye and kojima made a game together i would buy the $300 nerd edition day one

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Yeah sure, why not.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Because I'm constantly scared of random stupid poo poo when it comes to the election, I took a look at the ballot requirements to be a Presidential candidate. Since that's determined by the states for Independent candidates, Kanye has already missed several state deadlines and will have a hilariously awful time collecting signatures in some of the important states.

https://ballotpedia.org/Ballot_access_for_presidential_candidates#Requirements_for_independents

I'll know he's serious when he starts complaining about the money, time, and personnel requirements involved. I'll really know he's serious when he actually kicks the money in instead of spending it on some Gundam poo poo.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

The showrunner for this timeline just did a MASSIVE line of blow.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status...mber%3D159pti28

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Just spent my 4rth of july watching random fireworks going off in a Greek town from a giant cardboard box filled with water on the fantail of my ship. 'merica!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Wow did you win the lotto

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Just spent my 4rth of july watching random fireworks going off in a Greek town from a giant cardboard box filled with water on the fantail of my ship. 'merica!

https://twitter.com/SimpsonsQOTD/status/1279653375819370496?s=20

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

LingcodKilla posted:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LingcodKilla posted:

That's my fetish.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Sprung a leak during the night but you get the idea.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Field expedient hotcold tub?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LingcodKilla posted:

Sprung a leak during the night but you get the idea.

Piraeus?