Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Andrast posted:

The most tiresome Star Wars opinion is a star wars opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The point of Kreia is that the absolute rigidness of the Jedi and literally everything about the Sith dooms the galaxy to be burnt to ashes every few years like clockwork. Which is, ya know, true. The movies even ultimately take this stance, because Luke reaching out to Vader one last time was a rejection of Yoda's, and thus the Jedi's, solution that insisted Luke kill his own father. Kreia thinks that the force itself is the cause of this and seeks to destroy it, which is where she's wrong (also the murdering).

As for tapping into Sith stuff being inherently damning, no that's explicitly acknowledged by Woolie and LV multiple times, most notedly re:holocrons.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jul 5, 2020

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Sanguinia posted:

The fact that being the Biggest Evil is the inevitable end of Kreia's philosophy and therefore her philosophy is wrong actually IS the entire point.

No because constantly the entirety of the Jedi way lead to creating the absolute worst creatures in existence who go on to be the genocidal monsters. If you play through the entirety of KOTOR 2 and don't understand the game is repeatedly hitting you over the head with "Focusing on the philosophy and absolutism they usually bring instead of the actions you can do to help is what makes people into monsters" you missed the entire point. Even her idea that the force is something to fear, some alien presence pushing people and fate to its whims is proven to not be wholly incorrect. Your strength in the force passively bends people to your will, binds them to your destiny. How you use that, for good or for ill is the entire point. Kreia's philosophy doesn't make her inherently evil, it's her actions and inability to see past her own failures that blinds her to better actions. It's why she reverts back to the person she says previously she had left behind. Her failure to act lead her right back to where she hosed up in the first place.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 29, 2021

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Star Wars series should've just cut to black and ended like the Sopranos the second Obi Wan's cloak hit the ground.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tiresome nerds act like Star Wars has been ruined every time some new material is bad, casually glossing over that Star Wars has always had terrible material attached to it going back to the '70s and '80s.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Rody One Half posted:

Tiresome nerds act like Star Wars has been ruined every time some new material is bad, casually glossing over that Star Wars has always had terrible material attached to it going back to the '70s and '80s.

The holiday special really should be required viewing so nerds realize it's all trash to sell toys.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

it's funny because somewhere in the kotor 2 lp i think i finally snapped and realized i could maybe enjoy a star war, which led to me watching all nine movies when previously i had only seen like, the original and phantom menace.

i don't really hate any of it and that surprised me

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Phantasium posted:

it's funny because somewhere in the kotor 2 lp i think i finally snapped and realized i could maybe enjoy a star war, which led to me watching all nine movies when previously i had only seen like, the original and phantom menace.

i don't really hate any of it and that surprised me

The LP is the first time I've cared about anything Star Wars-related since Episode 3, and it really made me regret not playing the game back in the day before Star Wars was ruined for me.

I want to play Fallen Order one of these days, but that has less to do with it being SW and more with its FromSoft influences

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i kinda wish i hadn't watched an lp'er play through all of fallen order because that game had a lot of fun things in it as well.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Phantasium posted:

i kinda wish i hadn't watched an lp'er play through all of fallen order because that game had a lot of fun things in it as well.

I watched a bit of the Jesse Cox LP of it (which he, Davis, and Alex are playing, all very knowledgeable SW nerds, fun LP), but made myself stop so that I would still have a few surprises when I finally get around to playing it

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I don't know if I could revisit KOTOR 2 even with an LP. Now that the word is out about how much of a garbage person Avellone is I really am not in the mood to be talked at by his pet NPC.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Watching Ep 13 of the Paper Mario LP and I do have to wonder if Color Splash or Sticker Star went as hard as TYD in regards to the broken Toad family or sidequests having you deliver shady packages and checking prices at local stores to help competitors

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Woolie's TTYD is good, but boy am I getting real backseat gamer feels watching him not really understand defense mechanics.

e: oh lmao moments later the universe yelled at him.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jul 6, 2020

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Preview for this week's podcast is up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1yt-K2X6Fg

I wouldn't have thought anything of it, but Woolie posted this in the comments:

quote:

No, this is not about the old channel. Yes, I'm fine, it's just a thought about this channel and now in general.

Also, shockingly, the podcast is under four hours.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Every week I see how woolie can top the previous episode titles, and "This Soup Needs a Pinch of Hitler" is a pretty top tier "makes recommending this to people nearly impossible" episode title.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat is right about the first avatar stuff being bad.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
jesus christ pat

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

He mentioned that quarantine is really starting to get to him and Paige on the podcast, and I fully believe it now

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

he looks even more like a lunatic than usual

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is the quarantine situation in Montreal getting better or worse?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Grouchio posted:

Is the quarantine situation in Montreal getting better or worse?

Browsing the CBC site, it looks like fears of COVID-19 are rising in Canada again thanks to the U.S., so probably not. Even if it was, Pat's not going to risk Paige getting infected, so I wouldn't be shocked if they stay isolated until a vaccine becomes viable and infection rates get under control.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Pat and cheeseCHOESE are the best of times

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I didn't think he'd actually go full on "mmm 54 slices of American frustration cheese"

Dabir posted:

he looks even more like a lunatic than usual

Yeah, he's got some real mad scientist hair going on.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

This is the part where I expose my whole drat rear end by going “wait, it’s weird to eat individual slices of cheese as a snack???

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
depends on the cheese

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Mesothelioma posted:

depends on the cheese
He wasn't eating cheddar so gently caress that

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
gouda is a good by-itself cheese. same with swiss

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Oh poo poo Woolie and Little V are playing Halo 2 :hellyeah:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I figured they would, cool that they're doing it back to back though. After this I wonder if they'll do Reach or like wait it out for 3 to come to the MCC next. (If they're doing the PC version)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Unless they know that there is a big outbreak in Montreal they might be being a bit too cautious, considering they both think it's affecting their mental health. Wear gloves and a mask and stay away from people and don't go into any buildings. You can still leave the house even with Lupus. This is assuming NHS guidelines which class Lupus as being moderately vulnerable is correct. Which it probably isn't.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Holy poo poo, the hard drive magazine gaslight in in podcast 72 :allears:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Regarde Aduck posted:

Unless they know that there is a big outbreak in Montreal they might be being a bit too cautious, considering they both think it's affecting their mental health. Wear gloves and a mask and stay away from people and don't go into any buildings. You can still leave the house even with Lupus. This is assuming NHS guidelines which class Lupus as being moderately vulnerable is correct. Which it probably isn't.

Paige is *astoundingly* vulnerable to illness and injury even outside of the Lupus. This may be a result of being cursed by a witch like 8 years ago.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pat literally said her auto-immune system is compromised. They are taking 0 risks when super .01% athletes are being downed by it.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

No because constantly the entirety of the Jedi way lead to creating the absolute worst creatures in existence who go on to be the genocidal monsters. If you play through the entirety of KOTOR 2 and don't understand the game is repeatedly hitting you over the head with "Focusing on the philosophy and absolutism they usually bring instead of the actions you can do to help is what makes people into monsters" you missed the entire point. Even her idea that the force is something to fear, some alien presence pushing people and fate to its whims is proven to not be wholly incorrect. Your strength in the force passively bends people to your will, binds them to your destiny. How you use that, for good or for ill is the entire point. Kreia's philosophy doesn't make her inherently evil, it's her actions and inability to see past her own failures that blinds her to better actions. It's why she reverts back to the person she says previously she had left behind had died. Her failure to act lead her right back to where she hosed up in the first place.

good post

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Big Scary Owl posted:

If they time it right, Woolie can go immediately from experiencing Halo 2's cliffhanger ending for the first time to starting Halo 3.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

They always are.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Big Scary Owl posted:

David Cross keeps trying to blow up Woolie's tank

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

A good poster posted:

If they time it right, Woolie can go immediately from experiencing Halo 2's cliffhanger ending for the first time to starting Halo 3.

Yeah I can't believe how well timed that was

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
True, the timing was really perfect

Wonder if they'll do ODST after 3? They have to do Reach tho of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Regarde Aduck posted:

Paige has immunodeficiency, aka her immune system works about as well as the rest of her.