Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm fine with the name change but only if it immediately gets changed back in the following comic without any acknowledgement that it ever happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Tunicate posted:

This is a BRAZILIAN comic, if we make one name more japanese we have to make a different name less japanese

so I'm fine with this, but only if we now call the giant robot 'Big O Face'.

*cough*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Brazilians

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I'm not gonna do any visual art, but I will go ahead and spoil the ending of the story:

After an unimaginably epic battle (never shown, constantly talked about how cool it was (with no further explanation)) that permanently changed several cast members' appearance/affiliations, Brazil is left in ruins.

Several issues later:
Rosie, our beloved heroine, stands over Roll's corpse (her regeneration ability was lost when the aliens permanently grafted her brain into a new and improved body) and with oily tears promises to go back to where it all started and make sure none of this will ever happen again.
She approaches Kalinka, still naked and tied to the wall, offering her freedom in exchange for use of her portal.
Kalinka is so pissed off at still being tied to the loving wall after all these issues that she blindly accepts, only to be horrified to learn Rosie plans to go to the past. But a promise is a promise.
At the portal Kalinka asks Rosie where she wants to go: "To where it all started." "90s Brazil?" "No..."
Cut to literally anything to overlap the text bubble and hide the actual target.
Cut to the portal activating and Rosie stepping through saying some cool maid/terminator themed one-liner.

A man is using a computer, the IRC chat on screen reads "Hey guys, check out this hosed up Mega Man comic I found!" Rosie's unblinking red eyes light up looming behind him.
THE END! Insert 5 page manifesto here.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I bet you work for one of those CORPRORATE cmopanies like MARVEL or DISNEY or TOEI ANIMATION

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
I've started working on it. Probably I will have it done by tomorrow...

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Geemer posted:

I'm not gonna do any visual art, but I will go ahead and spoil the ending of the story:

After an unimaginably epic battle (never shown, constantly talked about how cool it was (with no further explanation)) that permanently changed several cast members' appearance/affiliations, Brazil is left in ruins.

Several issues later:
Rosie, our beloved heroine, stands over Roll's corpse (her regeneration ability was lost when the aliens permanently grafted her brain into a new and improved body) and with oily tears promises to go back to where it all started and make sure none of this will ever happen again.
She approaches Kalinka, still naked and tied to the wall, offering her freedom in exchange for use of her portal.
Kalinka is so pissed off at still being tied to the loving wall after all these issues that she blindly accepts, only to be horrified to learn Rosie plans to go to the past. But a promise is a promise.
At the portal Kalinka asks Rosie where she wants to go: "To where it all started." "90s Brazil?" "No..."
Cut to literally anything to overlap the text bubble and hide the actual target.
Cut to the portal activating and Rosie stepping through saying some cool maid/terminator themed one-liner.

A man is using a computer, the IRC chat on screen reads "Hey guys, check out this hosed up Mega Man comic I found!" Rosie's unblinking red eyes light up looming behind him.
THE END! Insert 5 page manifesto here.

lol, that is quite how it happened...

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

the whole article is just the phrase "eugenics program to create horniest humans in history"???

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Did anything ever come of that comic-protectionist Brazilian streak, or was it all just garbage

A small country like Belgium has a ton of decent series, so I imagine there's potential in a huge one like Brazil

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Doctor Dogballs posted:

the whole article is just the phrase "eugenics program to create horniest humans in history"???

"We dreamed of creating the world's horniest pokemon... and we succeeded." *Perishes in storm of bodily fluids*

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

holy poo poo, there's still a full rear end megaman sprite comic updating daily in 2020

https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/monsteropolis/list?title_no=402096

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Webcomics that don't burn out within a year tend to go on forever.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Webcomics that don't burn out within a year tend to go on forever.

it started in march

Althjofr
May 21, 2020
Spent a cool morning reading this thread and the one thing I wanna mention is that I wasn't expecting a Big O reference (full on feature really) and that I'm very glad for it.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Tunicate posted:

holy poo poo, there's still a full rear end megaman sprite comic updating daily in 2020

https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/monsteropolis/list?title_no=402096

I suppose technically there's a sprite comic power vacuum?

Musluk
May 23, 2011

whats a line weight lol

jesus I need want a tablet.

Updated the imgur album up to Das Boo's comic. Not sure mine fits well, so I'll wait for consensus if we want to derail and get lawsuit'd.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Musluk posted:

whats a line weight lol

Updated the imgur album up to Das Boo's comic. Not sure mine fits well, so I'll wait for consensus if we want to derail and get lawsuit'd.

No problem with Rush getting hunted.
People will write what they want anyway and they might take inspiration from your work.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Lurking Haro posted:

No problem with Rush getting hunted.
People will write what they want anyway and they might take inspiration from your work.

It's less Rush (though I wanted to evoke the bleak as gently caress episode) but the hunter chasing rush that's got me worried lol.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Musluk posted:

whats a line weight lol

20xx was a wholesome place until

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Okay, this is great.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
IN THE GRIM BARKNESS OF THE FUTURE

I love it.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Lowtax gets the secret service, Jeffery gets the Disney legal team. Love it!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Does Disney have a cyborg villain named Cruella Man equipped with a canon blaster?
I think not!

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

maybe i should timg this but fuckit

Warbird
May 23, 2012

The plot dummy thiccens!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Armor by Power Girl.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I love they hauled Metal Sonic up with a goddamn rope.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Primitive interstellar aliens is always comedy gold.

And I'm imagining Samus' boob window with a perspex cover and handle, like at a buffet or something. Tongs on a wire optional.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

That's one fine alien booty.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
Sorry for the delay...

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
AMAZING!
Captain Quack, you are a goddamn talent!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Captain Quack posted:

Sorry for the delay...

Holy poo poo!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The return of Goon Robot Master nobody expected, Punch Donkey.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
If marshmellow jizz falls on Jane's face in the next panel we have to call it an issue and end on that terrifying cliffhanger.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I honestly never thought I would appreciate seeing Jane Jetson's ahegao face, but here we are.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

The fake jizz might be a touch too horny on main, but we should wrap the issue and knock out the accoutrement. I believe Das Boo has called cover.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Das Boo posted:

AMAZING!
Captain Quack, you are a goddamn talent!

WOW! A praise from the master!!!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Warbird posted:

The fake jizz might be a touch too horny on main, but we should wrap the issue and knock out the accoutrement. I believe Das Boo has called cover.

Future issues in new thread or just continue on in this one?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Warbird posted:

I'm working on it now!

Captain Quack posted:

WOW! A praise from the master!!!

THAT 'CAUSE YOU GOOD.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Applewhite posted:

Future issues in new thread or just continue on in this one?

Probably here. If folks are wanting to continue with the project we can continue, but also ending on a cliffhanger is also extremely on brand. The “end” of the comic is something I’ve been thinking of off and on, but that doesn’t have to happen anytime soon. Regardless putting all this together into an issue that folks can point at and say “I helped make this wonderful weird thing” is cool and good. We can figure out what to do with it afterwards; making things up as you go along is also extremely on brand as well :v:

Also I need to update the donation spreadsheet and give the folks at RAINN some money.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jul 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Well I for one wanna keep making comics.