Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

zakharov posted:

is it time for everyone to complain about how a dry wedding is the worst crime in history again?

The dry wedding from the reddit post was pretty awful sounding, though. Dry wedding, plus no dance floor, plus it was mostly just a bunch of activities for the kids in attendance with nothing for the adults.

E:

The wedding in question:

quote:

AITA for not serving alcohol at our wedding?

So, before anyone asks, I (27F) don't drink. My fiancé (27M) also doesn't drink. We don't have any sort of history with alcohol that would make it detrimental to have alcohol around us. We aren't religious either. I have just never drank because I don't see the appeal of it, and though my fiancé has drank in the past, it was less than five times ever and all while we were in college. Our immediate families also do not drink, but our extended families have people that do. A lot of our friends, however, do drink.

With all that, while we were planning our wedding, we went in with the assumption that there would be no alcohol. We just don't feel like it would be fun to be surrounded by drunk people at our own reception. Basically everyone close to us is aware that we don't drink, but now I'm concerned that there might be people coming (SOs of friends, family we see less often, etc.) that aren't aware of it and they might be offended. We really don't want people to bring alcohol or try to sneak it in (our venue isn't dry but you have to pay more if you want alcohol to be allowed and we aren't planning on doing that - however we could easily afford it so it is not a financial issue). In terms of things that don't require alcohol, we will have performances by dancers but most of the other activities are for the kids. We aren't having a dance floor because neither of us are big party people and we'd rather people spend the time talking. Everyone we are inviting except plus ones knows multiple people coming.

The reason I am questioning this is because my fiancé was talking to his best man (a pretty heavy drinker) and he insisted that people would be weirded out by the lack of drinks and that it would cause people to have less fun. There are a decent amount of people flying in for this wedding because both of our families are spread out around the globe. I really don't want them to come so far and not enjoy themselves! On the other hand, this is ultimately our wedding and both o us would be less happy if there was alcohol served.

So, AITA for not serving alcohol at our wedding?

TL;DR: We aren't serving alcohol and we don't have any real strong reason. Are we assholes?

Ugly In The Morning fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jul 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The dry wedding from the reddit post was pretty awful sounding, though. Dry wedding, plus no dance floor, plus it was mostly just a bunch of activities for the kids in attendance with nothing for the adults.

E:

The wedding in question:

Yeah the lack of alcohol isn't what's making that wedding lame. People need stuff to do!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Algol Star posted:

I dunno, see how you feel when someone you're close to suffers with dementia and their personality slowly changes. Probably still going to see them as the person they were and not a 'brain rotted' embarrassment you want to exclude from your life seeing as that's how most families are when it happens. I feel like most people with a shred of empathy could understand how their fiancee was feeling and try to work out some arrangement for what they say is their only family or at least be sensitive about it.

His grandfather was always a hateful bigot, he even says so in his post.

"Oh, but the evil bigot was never hateful to me and I never directly suffered because of his cruelty!" is a pretty loving poor excuse to try and use to inflict him on the very people he hurts.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Pirate Radar posted:

A dry wedding is not a worse crime than the mayo peppers

I'll eat 3 mayo peppers, while you attend 3 dry weddings

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Propaniac posted:

AITA for kicking my son and his girlfriend out of our beach house?

She lectured us about pool safety.

Deffo NTA.

If some old fuckers wanna drink and act stupid who cares?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Megillah Gorilla posted:

His grandfather was always a hateful bigot, he even says so in his post.

"Oh, but the evil bigot was never hateful to me and I never directly suffered because of his cruelty!" is a pretty loving poor excuse to try and use to inflict him on the very people he hurts.

Granddad is the only family she has left, and he raised her. I don't think it's reasonable to ask her to cut him out of her life. I know it's en vogue to tell people to cut themselves off from problematic or bigoted family members, but I frankly don't think humans are wired to do that. You love people despite their flaws, especially if they cared for you when you were growing up.

It's probably a good idea to have a tiny ceremony with the officiant, parents, and 2 witnesses that grandpa can take part in before a bigass reception if she wants grandpa to be part of it, because he's gonna lose his poo poo in a large gathering. It probably won't even be the homophobia that does it, but being confronted with a crowd of people in an unfamiliar place. Do it in the day room at the retirement home and then go have a fun reception.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap

Piell posted:

AITA For Having My Ex’s University Admission Rescinded ?

Edit: From the comments

Holy crap. NTA, and I'm amazed that her school made him recant to each person.

Lemony posted:

I am genuinely surprised at the relatively rapid, thorough and just response by that private school. In particular, the forcing him to recant his lies to every individual person he told them to. Either she had very influential/rich parents, or it must be a particularly non-lovely administration. That is exactly the type of poo poo I would normally expect to be swept under the rug and ignored.

From the sounds of it, it's probably a private school. So rich/influential parents are a must. And the administration is more likely to be keeping an eye out for PR liability and lawsuit risks like 'they stood by and did nothing while my ex-boyfriend smeared my reputation and accused me of federal crimes because I refused to get back together with him'. Being quick, thorough, and just is the only way they were getting through that without her being able to sue them for not doing anything as she was being slandered. Plus, the moving him as far away from her as possible while still having to let him be in the same building, and her telling him that she'd file a restraining order if he came near her again? He was harassing her.

Probably what did it was him accusing her of something that could be proven false in court, though; if he had kept it to "she cheated on me with the whole football team", they might have gone "well, it's a he said/she said, and we don't want to get involved in a student's relationship problems".

I am surprised that his scholarship and university admission got pulled, but the scholarship probably had an ethics clause if it was for sports and depending on what exactly the school relayed, the university may have gone "y'know what, we have enough white boys that are probably going to be lovely rapists, we don't need one that's just looking for an excuse".

She definitely shouldn't blame herself, though; what got it pulled was his behavior, and the authorities in her life responding appropriately to it.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

therobit posted:

Granddad is the only family she has left, and he raised her. I don't think it's reasonable to ask her to cut him out of her life. I know it's en vogue to tell people to cut themselves off from problematic or bigoted family members, but I frankly don't think humans are wired to do that. You love people despite their flaws, especially if they cared for you when you were growing up.

It's probably a good idea to have a tiny ceremony with the officiant, parents, and 2 witnesses that grandpa can take part in before a bigass reception if she wants grandpa to be part of it, because he's gonna lose his poo poo in a large gathering. It probably won't even be the homophobia that does it, but being confronted with a crowd of people in an unfamiliar place. Do it in the day room at the retirement home and then go have a fun reception.

You're right, humans aren't wired to do that. That's how they end up loving people who abused them. So obviously, humans should never attempt to rewire their thinking and accept abuse!

Compartmentalize your lovely homophobic relatives at best, don't make your gay friends pretend to be straight around them, like this person HAS BEEN DOING. That's the part that kills me, they've been dragging gay friends around lovely homophobic grandpa instead of hiding them in the family gathering closet like they drat well should. I've never dragged a single friend around my lovely homopohobic granddad. It's not that hard.

A person who, I dunno, isn't dragging grandpa into the wedding because They want him there and it's all about Them and they can't understand that he has no idea what's going on and won't remember this... they'd probably do something sensible like have the drat wedding they want and maybe have another little ceremony with grandpa if he's on a good day where his brain works. Hell, bring him to the courthouse if him Being There for the marriage is that important. He gets to see the legal bit and you can choose to do that on a day where he's doing well.

They don't have to exclude everyone else they love from the ceremony just because of grandpa. How's that any better to you than excluding grandpa? Now the fiance will get to remember his miserable nursing home wedding with the old racist who abuses his gay friends. Recipe for great memories there. "Hey honey, remember how most of my family and all of our friends were excluded from our wedding because of exactly one member of your family? Good times."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

zakharov posted:

Another Crazy Boss from AAM

my boss sent a friend to spy on me at my house

https://www.askamanager.org/2020/07/my-boss-sent-a-friend-to-spy-on-me-at-my-house.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

DON'T: Talk to your employee about a problem.

DO: Send a drat spy.

One of the owners at my (soon to be ex) workplace once said she would come by my house because she insisted that a matter was so urgent that it couldn't wait even an hour (spoilers: it was not urgent at all). I absolutely blew up on her on the phone and she legitimately had no idea why a boundary existed between the home and work. I would have called the goddamn cops on her if she actually did that.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Aside from the giant mascot costumes the Japanese pikachu wedding stuff is ultra cute. Maybe a little too gimmicky, but adorable nonetheless.

Propaniac posted:

AITA for kicking my son and his girlfriend out of our beach house?

I love how these kinds of stories have so much unspoken horror lurking in the depths.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

One of the owners at my (soon to be ex) workplace once said she would come by my house because she insisted that a matter was so urgent that it couldn't wait even an hour (spoilers: it was not urgent at all). I absolutely blew up on her on the phone and she legitimately had no idea why a boundary existed between the home and work. I would have called the goddamn cops on her if she actually did that.

I... don't think the cops would be interested in hearing about how your boss knocked on your door to tell you something. Did you leave some major details out of this story, or are you just totally insane?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for getting mad at my BF for complimenting another guy's appearance?

You know, you don't have to divorce your husband just because he's gay. In fact, my wife fought really hard to make our marriage work, but I fought even harder.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Devils Affricate posted:

I... don't think the cops would be interested in hearing about how your boss knocked on your door to tell you something. Did you leave some major details out of this story, or are you just totally insane?

It wasn't "tell me something." I got all of the info needed for a non-urgent matter over a phone call. She was threatening to drive to my house to harass me in person over it so it could get done NOW NOW NOW.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

It wasn't "tell me something." I got all of the info needed for a non-urgent matter over a phone call. She was threatening to drive to my house to harass me in person over it so it could get done NOW NOW NOW.

Oh ok, my bad. The "spoilers" part made it sound to me like you only found out what the issue was after the fact, and she just wanted to come over to pass information.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Devils Affricate posted:

Why are some people so eager to defend horrible bosses? My boss at a cakery used to call me up well past 10pm and yell at me about cake. It was almost never anything I was responsible for, I was just the newest, youngest employee and she apparently decided I could be bullied.

Just because someone is paying me for my labor, does not mean they own my labor or me. They don't get to dictate what my off hours are like and they certainly don't get to shout at me over anything, ever, unless it's a loving fire or a giant wasp.

If my current boss showed up at my house to ask me to do something I would be severely tempted to quit the job I have been working so hard for, because it's a huge boundary to cross. Just because HR has my address doesn't mean my boss gets to use it to pop in unannounced!

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

cumshitter posted:

In fact, my wife fought really hard to make our marriage work, but I fought even harder.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

tinytort posted:

Holy crap. NTA, and I'm amazed that her school made him recant to each person.

From the sounds of it, it's probably a private school. So rich/influential parents are a must. And the administration is more likely to be keeping an eye out for PR liability and lawsuit risks like 'they stood by and did nothing while my ex-boyfriend smeared my reputation and accused me of federal crimes because I refused to get back together with him'. Being quick, thorough, and just is the only way they were getting through that without her being able to sue them for not doing anything as she was being slandered. Plus, the moving him as far away from her as possible while still having to let him be in the same building, and her telling him that she'd file a restraining order if he came near her again? He was harassing her.

Probably what did it was him accusing her of something that could be proven false in court, though; if he had kept it to "she cheated on me with the whole football team", they might have gone "well, it's a he said/she said, and we don't want to get involved in a student's relationship problems".

I am surprised that his scholarship and university admission got pulled, but the scholarship probably had an ethics clause if it was for sports and depending on what exactly the school relayed, the university may have gone "y'know what, we have enough white boys that are probably going to be lovely rapists, we don't need one that's just looking for an excuse".

She definitely shouldn't blame herself, though; what got it pulled was his behavior, and the authorities in her life responding appropriately to it.

There was probably also a quick financial calculus between each family's net worth and future donation potential as well that factored into the decision.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for making my daughter listen to me talk to her husband and apologize for raising a cheater like her?

quote:

My daughter recently moved back in with us after her relationship with her husband ended following his discovery of an affair she was having with a co-worker.

Her husband is a good man, and I will be sorry to see him leaving our family. He did not deserve this. She admits as much, but I wanted him to know how sorry I was that things ended this way.

I have been very hard on my daughter since she moved in. As much as she claims to recognize her mistakes, I don't believe her. She is in shock right now because she got caught and lost both men, but she hasn't learned her lesson.

When I called her husband to apologize, I told her she was going to listen to the conversation because she needed to see the damage she had caused by her selfishness. I also wanted her to know how disgusted I was with her and how deeply ashamed I am of her and of her being my daughter. I told her husband that if given the choice I would rather keep someone like him in our family than my own daughter because of her behavior.

All of this had the effect I intended, but her mother things I was unnecessarily harsh with her and may do damage to our relationship. I told her mother that right now I was considering disowning her unless she showed some remorse and change quickly.

She needs tough love right now in my view and consequences. I don't think trying to accomplish either of those things makes me an rear end in a top hat, but does it?

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for making my daughter listen to me talk to her husband and apologize for raising a cheater like her?

NTA but "tough love" isn't going to convince her to change now. It's more likely to make her double down on whatever dumb poo poo she believed that led to the cheating in the first place.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
It's not his place to apologize to his son-in-law and TBH that story is giving me some misogynistic vibes.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Cyks posted:

It's not his place to apologize to his son-in-law and TBH that story is giving me some misogynistic vibes.

Parents feel responsible for the actions of their children. Just because it's her dad doesn't mean he's being misogynist. That said, you're right, it isn't really his place to apologize but he could be reaching out because he feels as though the SIL is truly a part of the family.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Cyks posted:

I don't think so. It sounds more like he feels responsible.

Whichever case it may be: gently caress cheaters.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Motronic posted:

I don't think so. It sounds more like he feels responsible.

Nah thats obviously a dude who desperately wanted a son, but was instead cursed with a daughter.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Devils Affricate posted:

I'll eat 3 mayo peppers, while you attend 3 dry weddings

Hah, you fool, 2 of these wedding are serving mayo peppers!

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Tarkus posted:

Parents feel responsible for the actions of their children. Just because it's her dad doesn't mean he's being misogynist. That said, you're right, it isn't really his place to apologize but he could be reaching out because he feels as though the SIL is truly a part of the family.

For the record I'm in no way saying she's anything but horrible for cheating. Him reaching out to somebody he feels is part of the family to support them is fine but apologizing as if he is the one that failed the SIL irks me as being possessive over his daughter. And upon digging deeper quite a few of the OPs replies is him wanting to disown her for the shame she brought upon him in their small town. Maybe misogynist is the wrong term but it is still off-putting.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Motronic posted:

That's kinda the problem, though...

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Aita for threatening to not invite my stepsister to my wedding if she keeps fetishizing my fiancé’s race?

quote:

Throwaway and on mobile. SS = Stepsister

I’m 26f and my fiancé, 28m, proposed to me a few weeks ago, we’ve been dating four years. We don’t plan on getting married for a year at least. For some reference, I am white and my fiancé is Korean and a first gen American.

Onto the issue. SS (22f also white) is weird. I’ve known her for over a decade, our parents have been married for seven years, and she hasn’t gotten less weird over time. She’s always been OBSESSED with Asian culture (mostly Japan) and immerses herself in it in the most embarrassing ways. (Saying random Japanese words, going by “Asian” names, buying lots of anime stuff, wearing J-Fashion, being a KPop fanatic, etc) I don’t hate her and I get being a nerd, but she’s hard to have an adult conversation with.

When my fiancé and I started dating she told me I was lucky since Asian men are some of the most attractive, and I was lucky he was so tall since usually “they’re really short”. She’s also mentioned our babies would be cute because mixed babies are adorable, and she asked how I got an Asian guy. Before we were even engaged she asked if she could wear a hanbok to our wedding if we got married. When she first met my fiancé she asked him about Kdramas and KPop (none of which he’s into) and asked him about life in Korea, a place he’s been to once.

All this made me uncomfortable but my fiancé laughed it off and said it wasn’t a huge deal to him. I don’t see her a ton though, so it wasn’t a big priority, although I did sit her down once and tell her my fiancé is more than just his race and she needs to stop focusing on that alone. She backed off but also got mopey. Her comments stopped for a while but gradually started again.

This past weekend I was at my dad’s for the 4th. SS and stepmom were there, along with my fiancé and a few others. The subject of our wedding came up and SS starter asking all kinds of questions; if our honeymoon will be in Seoul, if we’ll have Korean bbq/sushi at the reception, if we’ll say our vows in Korean, how lucky I am to get a Korean last name, etc. it was exactly what I told her not to do. She later said to me how excited she was to go to an authentic Asian wedding and meet people from “that culture.”

I shot this down immediately and told her she needed to back off because she was really creepy and fetishizing a race. She got defensive and said she was just excited and I told her if she kept it up, she wouldn’t be welcome at the wedding at all. SS went crying to her mom about me threatening to uninvite her and now there’s a ton of drama with my family and SS about how much of a bridezilla I am.

Fiancé said it’s my choice on if we should invite her or not, but not to ruin any family ties just for his sake. I’m just tired of her being weird and creepy. Aita?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

My (24f) boyfriend (25m) gaslit me using my birth control & other medications to get back at me for cancelling our engagement. I don't know where to go from here.

quote:

I've been with my boyfriend for two years. Three months ago he proposed to me. I said yes, but over time I got cold feet and realized I'm not ready to marry. I want to go to grad school and be more financially stable before we tie the knot and that won't be fore a few years. I returned the ring my bf gave me and explained it to him two weeks ago. I still wanted to be with him, just not as husband/wife atm.

He was upset at first and thought we were breaking up and said a lot of stuff like "I thought this is what you wanted?" and "don't you love me?" After like two days of this we kind of got back to normal and I assured him I wanted to marry eventually, but the time wasn't right. He was sad but I thought he was getting over it.

A little later I started to notice a few things were weird. First, my ADHD meds were being moved. I usually keep them in those weekly organizers since I'm forgetful. Days would be missing from the organizer and it wasn't where I normally left it. I couldn't tell if I just misplaced it/forgot to refill. Then, I noticed my birth control pills were misplaced. I leave my BC in a small zipper pouch in my purse, it never leaves there. A couple days a ago I went to take it and it wasn't there. The pouch was, but the pills were in a separate part of my purse. It was weird but I didn't think much of it. Then the next day the pill weren't in my purse at all, but on the bathroom sink. Every time it went missing I'd panic cause they're the type you have to take at the same time everyday. I found them on the sink once more, in the medicine cabinet once, and on the bedside table twice before I finally realized it was impossible that I was misplacing it myself. This was over the course of a few days.

I confronted my bf who denied it at first, and said "you know how you can be when you don't take your Adderall." I was close to having an anxiety attack and was screaming at him and he finally admitted he'd been moving my stuff around. I asked him why and he said it was to show me how it feels when "someone plays games with you." I was furious and terrified and took a bunch of my stuff and a blowup mattress and I've been sleeping in our spare room. I lock the door at night and hardly talk to him. He'd been begging me to talk again and apologizing but I feel so violated and lovely. He told me he'd never actually mess with my meds and always put them where I'd find them eventually and that I'm being dramatic. He just wanted to get back at me for breaking off our engagement.

I don't know if I should leave or if I'm blowing things out of proportion. None of my family lives in town and idk if I could stay with friends right now or not. I don't know what to do and I feel trapped. He's never done something like this before and I can't believe it, but he's made me feel stupid and awful and idk if I can ever forgive it.

TL;DR My bf kept moving around and hiding my medications in retaliation for breaking off our engagement.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Tarkus posted:

I had a relationship where the family loved me and I had been around for major events, both happy and sad, end in infidelity on her part and people from her family still reach out occasionally to chat cause they miss me and wish things had worked out. I try not to engage as much anymore cause got a new partner and a new life but it's honestly not that surprising. For the record the people in her family are basically all women (and one semi estranged ex dad) so I'm p sure it wasn't a misogyny thing.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Biplane posted:

rear end in a top hat

Why does she even want another child when apparently shes living with one already? What a huge loving baby, I hope she divorces him.

That being said, your husband shouldn't be the second/more to know you're pregnant.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Hughlander posted:

My (24f) boyfriend (25m) gaslit me using my birth control & other medications to get back at me for cancelling our engagement. I don't know where to go from here.

Not really seeing why breaking off an engagement and sticking around is a good idea. Great that she learned how manipulative her bf is but how do you walk back "let's get married" and not think the relationship is over?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

GORDON posted:

That being said, your husband shouldn't be the second/more to know you're pregnant.

Personally i find it extremely non problematic for someone in a relationship with a beep boop robot redditor to talk about a pregnancy with a close sibling before the probable engineer, and it's not like he was told two weeks before she went into labor.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Hughlander posted:

OP in comments posted:

He's had a temper with other people but never with me. I know getting into fights and arguments and aggression is a big red flag but he never did anything that I thought was an unforgivable offense. This has put things into a different perspective and I have to rethink everything. I feel really overwhelmed.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Biplane posted:

Personally i find it extremely non problematic for someone in a relationship with a beep boop robot redditor to talk about a pregnancy with a close sibling before the probable engineer, and it's not like he was told two weeks before she went into labor.
I'm pretty comfortable in the idea that my SO would tell me first if she were pregnant. That seems like the most natural expectation in the world outside of it being specifically asking friends/family for help in some sort of zany reveal.

Of course we are both adults so if we were either trying or just generally wondering we'd both have already been on the same page leading up to any testing.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

ArbitraryC posted:

I'm pretty comfortable in the idea that my SO would tell me first if she were pregnant. That seems like the most natural expectation in the world outside of it being specifically asking friends/family for help in some sort of zany reveal.

Of course we are both adults so if we were either trying or just generally wondering we'd both have already been on the same page leading up to any testing.

As you say, you're both adults.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Biplane posted:

As you say, you're both adults.

I mean to say that I too would be upset if I learned I was x in line for being informed and there wasn't a good reason beyond who she was the most excited to share with. I dunno if I'd go "then I'ma not show up at your appointments abloobloobloo" but it would probably cause some permanent damage to the relationship when I realized where I stood in priorities/comfort. To me personally, that would be evidence of a problem in itself.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

ArbitraryC posted:

I mean to say that I too would be upset if I learned I was x in line for being informed and there wasn't a good reason beyond who she was the most excited to share with. I dunno if I'd go "then I'ma not show up at your appointments abloobloobloo" but it would probably cause some permanent damage to the relationship when I realized where I stood in priorities/comfort. To me personally, that would be evidence of a problem in itself.

Yeah. It wouldn't sit well with me. And I'm not a beep boop engineer.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. It just doesn't seem all that unreasonable to me that a woman in a relationship with an obviously emotionally stunted redditor, who suddenly finds herself pregnant, feels the need to talk about it with her sister who she obviously is very close to, before laying it out for her robotic husband.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Biplane posted:

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. It just doesn't seem all that unreasonable to me that a woman in a relationship with an obviously emotionally stunted redditor, who suddenly finds herself pregnant, feels the need to talk about it with her sister who she obviously is very close to, before laying it out for her robotic husband.

I dunno why we gotta continue the super sexist autistic male engineer trope on this site. My class of chemical engineering was like 40/60 and that was a decade ago so I can imagine the numbers have only improved. Dude is reasonably upset over something that should be upsetting. I dunno how I personally would handle that particular situation because my SO wouldn't do that to me in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Biplane posted:

it doesn't change the calculus too much, but she told her husband's sister first