Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

If you're referring to Lars he's been injured since last June.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Yes triple h is still employed

(lars is still under contract afaik but injured due to the heroic Lucha House Party)

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Gotta keep them nazis employed, who else would pay them?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yo that belt sucks poo poo, the WWE US Title is terrible and should be retired forever

The only thing ever done with it that was good was the Cena open challenge run

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

look at this guy who hates america and freedom, sad!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

What if... Captain America was a pimp?

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
wait. the taker is a nazi?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Yep

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

nooo he's just a white supremacist

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Chudertaker

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
its the US belt so they put an eagle on it because theres eagles on a bunch of other US logos and imagery and the bald eagle is the national bird of the US

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
In my worthless opinion it's not intended to be a Nazi takeoff, merely a symbol of American jingoism. This does not take away from the fact that WWE's brass and the US government are still incredibly bigoted, closed minded and xenophobic. Thank you for reading :tipshat:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Literal Nazi? No. Doesn't care that he wears SS logo clothes, definitely. Appeared in multiple "blue lives matter" shirts in the latest documentary series, definitely.

MAGA Chud

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, the reality is that the eagle has a long history in military and government imagery which means it has a ton of history in fascist imagery which means its all tangled up. If you're a graphic designer it would be wise to avoid using the eagle if you don't want to conjure up since imagery because many people will draw such associations. If you're hired to design like a jewish soccer league logo and you submit an eagle perched on a soccer ball you shouldn't be surprised if the customer ends up angry. On the flip side a lot of people who do use it are using it for the same reasons fascists do even if they're specifically conjuring up that association (which they sometimes are).

So again, WWE probably didn't purposely re-design the US title to be secret nazi imagery or otherwise political/fascist agendas. But it is an image associated with fascism and jingoism and we're having laughs at their expense and even if 1 out of 10 times we point out something potentially racist they do we're being "unfair" and reading into things that doesn't bother me because the other 9 times it was totally racist.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jul 7, 2020

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

A subconscious Nazi is still a Nazi.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sure is wild the company keeps having totally accidental racist moments that could happen to anyone and benefit of the doubt must always be given to. Should probably do something about that one of these days!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wazzu posted:

Literal Nazi? No. Doesn't care that he wears SS logo clothes, definitely. Appeared in multiple "blue lives matter" shirts in the latest documentary series, definitely.

MAGA Chud

It seems possible that Undertaker didn't know the shirts were nazi shirts when he got them on the grounds of "biker poo poo." Its plausible that in 2020 with twitter and google he remains blissfully ignorant to them. But if he knows and "doesn't care" then that kind of makes him a nazi.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
I figured it was probably a reference to the WCW belt, but sure let's go with secret subconscious nazi instead.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Seams posted:

its the US belt so they put an eagle on it because theres eagles on a bunch of other US logos and imagery and the bald eagle is the national bird of the US

The United Snakes of AmeriKKKa.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
bring back double headed eagles just for title belts

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

introducing your new heavy weight Holy Roman emperor

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Undertaker, looking at his arms and Triple H's skull shirt: Hunter... are we the baddies?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I don't have a Twitter, can someone tell Dave to gently caress off for implying the Riddle accusation is an act of jealousy

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Man do I hate how many feuds are starting because the champion lost a match that was mysteriously non-title. MVP, the heel, is completely right that he's the rightful champion!

Also, I enjoy every time there's a ridiculous kayfabe expense.

Like, it's not the WWE United States title, MVP just made this title to taunt Apollo and WWE immediately recognised it as the official title.

Every champion who makes their own design is a kayfabe horrible mark for themselves, which makes the ugly Jeff Hardy TNA title at least understandable.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

spongeh posted:

I figured it was probably a reference to the WCW belt, but sure let's go with secret subconscious nazi instead.

both can be true

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
wtf is a subconscious nazi

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

spongeh posted:

We all know the reality though.

The title probably looked more like this (excuse my lazy as gently caress photoshop)

Then the conversation probably went like:
Vince: "Damnit, how are people going to know that they are the CHAMPION, make CHAMPION even BIGGER!"
Belt Guy: "But sir, if we do that, we'll cut off the top of the wings and then it will look...."
Vince: "I don't care, the word CHAMPION should span across the entire title.

Edit: I actually just realized that the title does have the proper number of stars and stripes at least.

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jul 7, 2020

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

That belt really sucks, but it'll be back on a show even fewer people watch than raw within like 3 weeks

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Astro7x posted:

We all know the reality though.

The title probably looked more like this (excuse my lazy as gently caress photoshop)

Then the conversation probably went like:
Vince: "Damnit, how are people going to know that they are the CHAMPION, make CHAMPION even BIGGER!"
Belt Guy: "But sir, if we do that, we'll cut off the top of the wings and then it will look...."
Vince: "I don't care, the word CHAMPION should span across the entire title.

Edit: I actually just realized that the title does have the proper number of stars and stripes at least.

Your lazy Photoshop is fantastic. Also, I think embossing the letters makes it look way worse.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
MVP need to show off those Malcolm X tattoos. Maybe that would pop ratings

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
At the start of this year I did not think MVP would be having title matches on PPV. Then again I didn't think there'd be a pandemic, police brutality race riots, and a wave 2 of metoo in literally every hobby I'm into this year either.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Astro7x posted:

Them actually managing to work in all 50 stars in a way that doesn't come off as "too much" (which is how i'd classify most of the rest of it) is maybe the only commendable thing about this design.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

spongeh posted:

the american empire is a fascist empire just like it was when that belt was made

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

No no no, this eagle stands for freedom. That other eagle stands for fascism.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Why does there need to be an argument about the eagles when the flag is right there regardless

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
look at this loving symbol of oppression

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
its an awful looking belt but at least the stupid bird and flag give it some identity other than 'this is the blue belt, and this one is the red belt'

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raw Results 7/6:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • Dolph Ziggler refused to tell WWE Champion Drew McIntyre what the stipulation for their title match at Extreme Rules would be.
  • Ziggler brought out legitimately fired wrestler Heath Slater and had him cut a promo on Drew McIntyre and demand a match against him.
  • Drew McIntyre defeated Heath Slater in less than 30 seconds. Drew saved Slater from a Ziggler beatdown and they hugged afterwards. So did they rehire Slater?
  • Bayley accepted a match on Sasha's behalf against a mystery opponent of Asuka's choosing. Asuka chose a returning Kairi Sane.
  • Kairi Sane defeated Sasha Banks by DQ after Bayley attacked Kairi when she had Banks in a submission.
  • Aleister Black was found beaten up backstage, with a Rey Mysterio mask on.
  • The Big Show fired up The Viking Raiders to get serious in a backstage segment.
  • Seth Rollins was on the Kevin Owens Show, where Owens reminded Rollins that Owens beat him at Wrestlemania. Rey Mysterio and his large adult son Dominick came out and Owens offered to be Mysterio's tag partner tonight.
  • Kevin Owens and Rey Mysterio defeated Seth Rollins and Murphy in a tag match and the right to choose the stipulation at Extreme Rules. Mysterio declared him vs. Seth Rollins would now be an eye-for-an-eye match.
  • MVP and Bobby Lashley revealed their own version of the US Title, and MVP said he would make it the official belt when he beat US Champion Apollo Crews at Extreme Rules.
  • MVP and Bobby Lashley defeated Ricochet and Cedric Alexander in a tag match.
  • Angel Garza and Andrade were arguing backstage. Ric Flair and Randy Orton arrived and talked up Andrade and Garza as fellow third-generation wrestlers.
  • Asuka and Kairi Sane reformed The Kabuki Warriors and challenged Bayley and Sasha to a tag title match next week.
  • Randy Orton, Andrade & Angel Garza defeated The Big Show and The Viking Raiders in a six man tag. Orton pinned Erik for the win.
  • Ruby Riott confronted the IIconics backstage after they talked poo poo about her.
  • An amused Randy Orton misdirected Akira Tozawa and his Parking Lot Ninjas away from 24/7 Champion R-Truth.
  • Billie Kay defeated Ruby Riott in less than 3 minutes following a distraction by Peyton Royce.
  • Bayley was surprised but quickly back onboard when Sasha Banks agreed to the Kabuki Warriors' challenge.
  • Raw Women's Champion Asuka defeated Smackdown Women's Champion Bayley in a non-title Champion vs. Champion match. This was the main event of the evening, and ran over 20 minutes.
  • WWE apparently can't quite figure out what micro-managed forced branding they're going with, and "Extreme Rules" and "The Horror Show" was referenced in a variety of combinations throughout the evening.
  • GDT Discussion.

Sad I missed the Asuka/Bayley match. There was another 2.5 hours worth of show before that as well apparently.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

What did Ruby DO to them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Good Raw on the raw scale or bad? I didn't watch last week. I shockingly had something better to do for the first time since March