Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll
This poll is closed.
Yes 151 82.51%
No 32 17.49%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I don't think they're wrong about the grounds of a lawsuit. Anyone who paid for an account, and then lost it or had it disabled, but at no point clicked through something that said "this payment does not guarantee you access to the forums" could make the argument.

But it's totally unserious: the theoretical payout would be terrible, it'd be incredibly hard to gather goons in the effected class, and anyway can't private clubs expel members without refunding their dues? You might find a lawyer to take the case but they'd be bilking you.

The dumbest part is admitting that they reversed charges on the forums multiple times. What a karen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Just think that every stupid thing that Tucker Goebbels says in this hellish year of 2020 is a direct result of being bodyslammed together with the somewhat less repulsive Paul Begala by Jon Stewart on CNN sixteen years ago.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

it'd be incredibly hard to gather goons in the effected class

It'd set a record for number of goatse's submitted to whatever poor lawyer or paralegal had to sift through them :twisted:

BlueFootedBoobie
Feb 15, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Tucker Carlson is hateful fascist sewage, the GOP's own Goebbels, and one of the worst people in America and I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. But I'd probably piss on him if he wasn't.

I once pissed a couple of urinals away from him in Union station.

I like to think at least a couple of drops landed on the Swanson failson.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

:smith:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1280584829378146310

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It would take effect in July 2020, can be easily reversed, and if Donnie wins reelection, we'll likely have much worse problems.

It's also unclear if he can even unilaterally do it, as Congress might have a veto in the whole withdrawal process.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

facialimpediment posted:

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It would take effect in July 2020, can be easily reversed, and if Donnie wins reelection, we'll likely have much worse problems.

It's also unclear if he can even unilaterally do it, as Congress might have a veto in the whole withdrawal process.

I had heard that as well. Just sad to see it (all) happening.

Thanks

Wombot
Sep 11, 2001

orange juche posted:

I'm not sure if its RHD or if it's a flip filter on the video, I know you can do a mirror flip on videos.

It's this - she responded to the video further down in the thread. She's in San Antonio and was apparently born on the 4th of July, and enjoys tweeting about making GBS threads. A truer American patriot there is not.

Speaking of making GBS threads, Governor Inslee of WA is currently making GBS threads his pants because it's come out that a racist shitheel who works for the King County Sheriff's Office in the Executive Protection Detail posted "Black Lives Splatter" and a whole bunch of other reprehensible poo poo on Facebook after the murder of Summer Taylor on I-5: https://twitter.com/chrissyshimizoo/status/1280334051233067011

So why's Inslee making GBS threads? Must be because this jackass was in his protection detail, right? Nope, the State Patrol protects the Governor. KCSO protects the Executive of King County, Dow Constantine, who's limp-dick response has gone over like a lead balloon: https://twitter.com/kcexec/status/1280335617130409986

No, Inslee's his COUSIN: https://twitter.com/SFrameK5/status/1280537473173434374

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

it does own that the TORMP administration strategy for dealing with organizations and other mechanisms that are at odds with American interests is to.... withdraw from them and have even less sway to influence change.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Wombot posted:

No, Inslee's his COUSIN
Eh, who among us doesnt have an idiot racist cousin? Mine's even a corrections officer.

Edit: who used to post dumb poo poo like this all the time, but I assume got a talking-to a while back.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

New Lincoln Project ad is straight psyops

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1280613734273163268?s=20

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

stealie72 posted:

Eh, who among us doesnt have an idiot racist cousin?

Agreed - it's a cousin. Most of my cousins are smart and successful.

And there's the one that's mid 20s and living at home with no job since HS. Hopefully he isn't a racist.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

This ad unironically owns even if TLP are idiots

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

stealie72 posted:

Eh, who among us doesnt have an idiot racist cousin? Mine's even a corrections officer.

Edit: who used to post dumb poo poo like this all the time, but I assume got a talking-to a while back.

I wouldn't expect any of us to have a cousin who has that high profile of a position, though.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

This ad unironically owns even if TLP are idiots

The enemy of my enemy...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I will say I dunno about adding additional stress and paranoia to the crazy pudding brain of the most powerful man in the world, just from an existential perspective

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Yeah everything is an op.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Eh, I'm OK with it. Anything that gets him to focus his anger and paranoia on the people around him makes it harder for people like Miller to Wormtongue him in to launching chlorine bombs on our southern-border concentration camps to 'sterilize' them or what the gently caress ever he dreams about at night.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

MRC48B posted:

The enemy of my enemy...

...would/will almost assuredly fellate and lionize a more competent fascist.

brains
May 12, 2004

zoux posted:

I will say I dunno about adding additional stress and paranoia to the crazy pudding brain of the most powerful man in the world, just from an existential perspective
well foreign leaders have been manipulating him the exact same way for the last 4 years, so consider it overdue that someone has a turn domestically.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

bird food bathtub posted:

Eh, I'm OK with it. Anything that gets him to focus his anger and paranoia on the people around him makes it harder for people like Miller to Wormtongue him in to launching chlorine bombs on our southern-border concentration camps to 'sterilize' them or what the gently caress ever he dreams about at night.

He dreams of fire and pain.

And 13 year olds.

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

Sounds bad, but all the UN backed international organizations are more corrupt than the Georgia State assembly. WHO denied the spread in the beginning and just yesterday they denied the letter from over two hundred scientists that showed that Covid is airborne and not transmitted just by droplets.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I like when I saw the news article from the WHO saying not to worry about bubonic plague earlier today. So that translates into, worry about it.

I mean, it is all over the place, prairie dogs carry it here in Colorado. Not really a concern beyond that unlikely vector here, but who knows.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I like when I saw the news article from the WHO saying not to worry about bubonic plague earlier today. So that translates into, worry about it.

I mean, it is all over the place, prairie dogs carry it here in Colorado. Not really a concern beyond that unlikely vector here, but who knows.

I'm honestly more worried about the brain-eating amoebae death in Florida than I am about the bubonic plague. It springs up multiple times each year globally, and probably wouldn't have even merited coverage if the world wasn't :supaburn: about any kind of ailment right now. Hantavirus is a BSL-4 pathogen, and news organizations will run with it if there's nothing better to publicize to try and scare people, but in order to catch it, you have to be in specific areas with specific species of rodents and be unlucky enough to be close enough to their excreta to get infected.

And the reason I'm more worried about the amoebae is because given the progression of the past 5+ years, I can't discount the possibility that Brain Eating Amoeba Supreme won't rise out of the Florida wetlands Akira-style because WHY NOT at this point.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Covid/amoebas 2020

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

This is literal media fear mongering garbage. New Mexico gets a few cases every year or so - it’s treatable and doesn’t spread.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Meshka posted:

Sounds bad, but all the UN backed international organizations are more corrupt than the Georgia State assembly. WHO denied the spread in the beginning and just yesterday they denied the letter from over two hundred scientists that showed that Covid is airborne and not transmitted just by droplets.

It’s awful because even if the leadership of some UN agencies are corrupt, the people who are actually on the ground doing the work are some of the bravest, most selfless people you’ll ever meet. if they’re engaged in critical work (meaning actually saving lives like with WFP or UNHCR), they’ve worked in godawful conditions in terrible places because they believe in the work they do, and at the field level- meaning as far as you can get from HQ- the better it usually is.

No one really has any illusions that the upper echelons of agencies or UNGA itself is where world powers go to play gently caress-gently caress games with each other.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

This is just an ASMR channel :colbert:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

stealie72 posted:

If he's in corrections he was almost certainly scolded for not meeting quota

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/ryanvizzions/status/1280316294970163201

more bonus DAPL content

e: what the gently caress is that a 50 cal on that MRAP

e2: nm it also has a sound gun mounted on it

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Eej posted:

https://twitter.com/ryanvizzions/status/1280316294970163201

more bonus DAPL content

e: what the gently caress is that a 50 cal on that MRAP

removed bad Full Metal Jacket reference

BigDave fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jul 8, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Eej posted:

One of those crowd dispersal weapons? Ew. Gross as hell. Growing more and more dystopian by the day

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Yeah, probably not necessary

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

gently caress YOU YOU STUPID loving rear end in a top hat

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/420756/one-new-case-of-covid-19-in-nz-in-isolation-visited-auckland-supermarket

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Shut the gently caress up 2F people are loving dying here

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Eat my balls

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
It's interesting to see because it's a perfect example of how one or two people can completely gently caress everything up.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

quote:

Hipkins said the hotel was a managed isolation facility, not a "maximum security prison".

This is how you get them turned into prisons. :v:

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Midjack posted:

This is how you get them turned into prisons. :v:

quote:

The man will face either 6 months imprisonment or a $4000 fine.

You have to appreciate the irony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

MRC48B posted:

The enemy of my enemy...

...is my enemy's enemy. Nothing more, nothing less.