Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

"[DE posted:

Rebecca"]We wanted to clarify that the Steel Path modifiers shown on the Test build during Thursday’s Home Time broadcast were incorrect in a practical sense due to a UI inconsistency. The tooltip stated “Enemy Health +250%”, and the same for Armor and Shields. In reality, the ‘+’ should not be there; enemy Health, Armor and Shields are multiplied by 250%, not added onto. Stated in other terms, the modifier could read “Enemy Health +150%”.

For those of you that participated in our weekend Public Test Cluster playtest, the numbers listed on our Forums also inherited the same inconsistency. We stated that enemies had: -Double Health (+100%) -Sortie Armor modifier (+300%) -Sortie Shield modifier (+300%)

Rooting out the practical consequences of this UI inconsistency exactly the kind of issue Public Test Cluster is meant to help us find (and we will fix before launch). In reality, enemies during this weekend had everything tripled, AKA +200% across the board. The poll results showed that a significant portion of the playerbase enjoyed this level of modifier, but written feedback gave us a reason to scale back a bit. This is how we arrived at +150% in all categories (which was represented as +250%, and thus, the title of this post).

Sorry for the confusion Tenno - a good reminder that things observed on our Test build are constantly subject to change during development.

As for the nature of Armor scaling, we are aware that these modifiers are not a flat increase to durability across all factions. Even your infographic shows that Grineer enemies have always been “tougher”, requiring proper application of the game’s tools to take them down and not die in the process. By comparison, Corpus are meant to engage players in other ways, utilizing different tactics like nullifiers, scramblers and aggressive robots to threaten Tenno well-being.

As evidenced by our ‘Warframe Revised’ update earlier this year, we are monitoring performance across all categories of the game, including Armor. Now that Level 100+ content is more common (and encouraged here), play data from The Steel Path will result in further practical feedback to balance around. We will continue monitoring stats and discussion once the update is released, and course correct if necessary!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

that's good

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Aggressive robots is right. The number of Terra Shockwave Moas that have drop-kicked me directly in the face is too drat high.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Dareon posted:

Aggressive robots is right. The number of Terra Shockwave Moas that have drop-kicked me directly in the face is too drat high.

A MOA is basically a Portal turret that learned Taekwondo.

Also, I learned that MOA is short for Mobile Offensive Armature, and that's cool.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Screaming Idiot posted:

A MOA is basically a Portal turret that learned Taekwondo.

Also, I learned that MOA is short for Mobile Offensive Armature, and that's cool.

There's nothing I love quite so much as hacking lockers to assemble a small army of shockwave moas on a Corpus map. On a good defense mission I can get like 7 of the bastards just constantly fwomping everything

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

An umbra with an Para-moa, deploying a moa eximus, can AFK a surprising amount of content for you.
Enemies spend their whole time in one of the CC states, and because they're all based on movement and ragdolling it's hilarious.
Efficient? No. But you can stick it in lith defence missions whilst you catch up on emails.

e:

Sandy prime is now officially announced.

Khablam fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jul 7, 2020

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Khablam posted:

An umbra with an Para-moa, deploying a moa eximus, can AFK a surprising amount of content for you.
Enemies spend their whole time in one of the CC states, and because they're all based on movement and ragdolling it's hilarious.
Efficient? No. But you can stick it in lith defence missions whilst you catch up on emails.

e:

Hopefully they will do some tweaks to his kit.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Mesadoram posted:

Hopefully they will do some tweaks to his kit.

I was hoping for nezha but yeah, if they don't seriously rework his abilities I'm not very excited

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
gently caress yes, Umbral target confirmed. Get ready for pubs full of immortal, useless frames.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Martout posted:

I was hoping for nezha but yeah, if they don't seriously rework his abilities I'm not very excited

Prime Nezha would be awesome. His kit is fantastic, and while he might not be able to nuke a map he sure as poo poo won't die easily.

But I am in the same boat, if they don't fix the kit I really don't care.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
I'm one of those dickheads that runs Inaros because it literally won't die

Time to log back in

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

El Spamo posted:

I'm one of those dickheads that runs Inaros because it literally won't die

Time to log back in

my dude have you heard the good word of Nidus, Wukong, Hildryn, Rhino, Nezha, Nova...

with the decline in arcane prices it's more accessible than ever to make a functionally unkillable frame and all of them are more interesting than Inaros

if you're playing him for fashion or because you want to be The Mummy I feel your pain but from a utilitarian standpoint Inaros has very little to recommend him

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Khablam posted:

e:

I love everything in this post. Yes, Inaros is useless, but he can be useless forfuckingever and look cool doing it.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

is karyst prime a sword and not a dagger?

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
It's a dagger

edit: a long time ago I put 1 forma into my Inaros and thought it was overkill. I can't imagine what I'm going to do with the prime.

Guilty fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jul 8, 2020

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

my dude have you heard the good word of Nidus, Wukong, Hildryn, Rhino, Nezha, Nova...

with the decline in arcane prices it's more accessible than ever to make a functionally unkillable frame and all of them are more interesting than Inaros

if you're playing him for fashion or because you want to be The Mummy I feel your pain but from a utilitarian standpoint Inaros has very little to recommend him

All those frames are good but none of them throw sand at enemies and stab them.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Y'gotta love how DE watched King of the Hill and decided the patented Rusty Shackleford self-defense technique should be given to the Immortal God-King of Mars.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Screaming Idiot posted:

Y'gotta love how DE watched King of the Hill and decided the patented Rusty Shackleford self-defense technique should be given to the Immortal God-King of Mars.

And it's his best ability and one of the better 1s in the game

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Inaros' best ability is pocket sand and boring both you and your enemies to death.

They really need to, like, make his kit not a total loving chore to use. His 2 takes ages, his 3 slows you to a crawl AND ragdolls poo poo AWAY FROM YOU, and his 4 is basically only used at the start of a mission.

The upside is that he's a great frame when you're being lazy and just want to not die.

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Piss on all these frames, give us what the people want: Nidus Prime

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

slow_twitch posted:

Piss on all these frames, give us what the people want: Nidus Prime

Watch it be all smooth and beautiful and Orokin-y with all the Infestation hidden until you mutate.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

Watch it be all smooth and beautiful and Orokin-y with all the Infestation hidden until you mutate.

I have no idea what Nidus Prime will actually look like, but the Night Hunter tennogen is a neat proof-of-concept. It's still all very organic but with metallic bits woven through it in an unobtrusive way.

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Screaming Idiot posted:

Make it so, butt-tail-arm and all

Malah
May 18, 2015

I'm assuming Inaros stealing Nezha's place on the prime production line means that they've got some kit work coming out with Inaros Prime. Otherwise it's just a giant middle finger from DE to me, personally. :colbert:

It's a giant middle finger directed to me regardless, but I would appreciate if there was some payoff for it.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I've attempted Parvos Granum five times now, let me skip to the goddamn void already without slogging through the solar system's most annoying assassination. :argh:

Here, have tether mines and perpetually-respawning enemies that hit like trucks. And we only gave the target three voice lines, I hope you like them.

I actually got her down to her second health bar this last time. Then my face became incredibly attractive to lasers. I feel like the problem is in my defenses. Should I be prioritizing health, armor, or shields? Because currently I'm doing third-measures of all three and it's not working too well.

e: and maybe my elemental setup, I'm packing Viral on Boltor and Xoris, Radiation on the exploding Hikou.

Dareon fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jul 8, 2020

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

It depends heavily on what frame you're playing. "All of them at once" is almost never correct, though, you want to specialize.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

It depends heavily on what frame you're playing. "All of them at once" is almost never correct, though, you want to specialize.

I've got Vauban and Mag currently. Vauban seems slightly more useful because I can fling flechette mines at her and run away, but Mag's high shields boosted further might be doable.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
gently caress it, I'm not beating Protea this week. Or next week. Or loving ever, because if I ever got all the parts and built the goddamn thing, I couldn't use it because this loving fight is giving me a goddamn aneurysm and I'm not gonna be able to loving LOOK at Protea without getting angry.

Yes, I'm exaggerating. Don't post angry, kids.

E: Specific problems I am having:
The goddamn eyebeams will not give me a moment's peace unless I sprint halfway across the map.
Because I need to keep moving so much, I can't keep my crosshair on Protea long enough to exhaust her shield, much less do any significant damage to her life bar.
Something in this mess of flaming piss keeps making me stagger, which again, detrimental to bullets-on-target.
Speaking of flaming piss, her drone fire in the third health bar has exactly the right sound harmonics and visuals to make me instinctively feel like I should be in a different county from it immediately.
If I close in and try to deal with her hand-to-hand, the frisbee I'm being forced to use does jack poo poo to her and she shreds me like tissue paper.
And on top of all this, there's either a hidden timer on the fight or she gets an instant-kill attack that looks exactly like all the other eyebeams, because I swear twice now I've gone from full health to mission failure when a laser grazed my ankle.

Dareon fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jul 8, 2020

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
It honestly sounds to me that your mods aren’t ranked up sufficiently, you haven’t built enough damage or survivability. Are you in clan so people can give you a pack of mods and run you through how to build?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Yeah, I've gotten a pack of mods, including fully-leveled basic damage mods, which are equipped.

Redirection is at rank 9, which gives Mag upwards of 1000 shield, which one would think would be good enough for anyone. But one would be wrong. I further tweaked my Taxon for shield boosting, but it dies in a heartbeat, if it's even still alive once I get into the void.

E: In that list of grievance above, I failed to mention that Protea teleports out of Magnetize and away from flechette mines.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Just stop, you can't even unlock all the protea/gun parts until neptune

edit: I'm assuming you aren't at neptune yet because you don't have Rhino

BMan fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jul 8, 2020

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

slow_twitch posted:

Make it so, butt-tail-arm and all

I'm a bit bummed the concept for the Banshee Soprana skin didn't have her weird infested hand, it looked great

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

njsykora posted:

All those frames are good but none of them throw sand at enemies and stab them.
Wow look at this guy playing a frame completely wrong.
You throw sand in their eyes, and then hit them with a massive hammer.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Dareon posted:

Yeah, I've gotten a pack of mods, including fully-leveled basic damage mods, which are equipped.

Redirection is at rank 9, which gives Mag upwards of 1000 shield, which one would think would be good enough for anyone. But one would be wrong. I further tweaked my Taxon for shield boosting, but it dies in a heartbeat, if it's even still alive once I get into the void.

E: In that list of grievance above, I failed to mention that Protea teleports out of Magnetize and away from flechette mines.
I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's not a fight that's tuned at all to the low MR entry point.
If you want to re-try it, and I don't recommend it because frustration is the enemy of fun, the pointer you're probably missing is that the spectres scale, hard and fast.
When you knock them into the spectral form, the solid form ones will absorb them and level up. You can use the Xoris to consume the spectral form and stop this. If you're just letting them die, you'll notice some of them fly into the 200+ level range very easily.

A good way to cheese any mission with huge incoming damage is two-fold:
- use an Ancient Healer Spectre. You can buy these at the first rank in New Loka. If you're negative to New Loka, killing a new loka death squad (a pack of said healers sent to kill you) may drop their BP. These are amazing crutches as they give you a flat 90% damage reduction.

- shield gating. Make sure you always have some shields to negate damage. There are lots of ways to get some shields back quickly. Molecular Conversion on Taxon will hit enemies and recharge you. So just dance about like a crazy person ninja when they break, and wait for it to tick some shields. A MOA companion can fit the same mod, and can be revived. Shield Osprey drones are historically seen as useless, but do have some use now as they give you a few shield HP extremely quickly, which means you get shield gating again.

Speaking of spectres in general, if you have a frame with a strong heal, make a spectre of it. They're niche-to-useless late game, but when you're in early missions/boss fights where you're still able to fail them, their heal spam is very useful.

All in all, this quest leads to nothing except Protea, a frame that doesn't really shine until you have a great mod set, so coming back to it later will give you some sanity back.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Wukong is pretty great for Protea farming: his clone shoots up spectres while you wazz about with the Xoris, and cloudwalker gets you to the hostages fast.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Pipski posted:

Wukong is pretty great for Protea farming: his clone shoots up spectres while you wazz about with the Xoris, and cloudwalker gets you to the hostages fast.

I just used Mesa. Sorry about the hostages :shrug:

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pipski posted:

yeah, he trivializes the quest fight too. protea just focuses on the clone the whole time and if you get close to dying cloudwalker is there for instant hp.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Khablam posted:

Speaking of spectres in general, if you have a frame with a strong heal, make a spectre of it. They're niche-to-useless late game, but when you're in early missions/boss fights where you're still able to fail them, their heal spam is very useful.

I'm going to have to speak out in support of specters. They're quite good just different as they don't use mods and instead scale with enemy level/the level difficulty. If you have a decent amount of random blueprints, making a ton of one or 2 star specters is one of the best things you can do to really laze through slog missions.

A good guide to their ai behaviors

Weapon wise, its a bit more complicated. Basically their weapons are unmoddable, and will also use unmodded base crits/status and damage type. However, when set to Hold Position they don't seem to reload. They also get a pass on damage/range falloff. I've heard Acceltra is a great choice, and shedu makes a great turret. I get good mileage out of Exergis. Semi-auto's can be good, as they spam them at near max rate of fire. More detail in some of the links below.

I think there's good potential for a loot assistant/multiplying specter due to how cold damage interacts with loot drops https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage/Cold_Damage . I'd guess the Glaxion/Glaxion vandal is the best bet for that, but maybe the quellor too.

Here's a few useful things I/my play group's discovered:
Trinity + ancient healer specter can make defense targets basically unkillable. Healer has damage aura, trinity spams blessing. This works in arbitrations extremely well. Also, energy vampire.
Nidus: He keeps the parasitic link up nearly constantly, so having him out is basically free 28% power strength. I use him playing speed nova so I have the ability to turn speed nova neutral mid-mission if it gets hairy/long.
Gara: Her glass wall scales a lot, and is way tougher than you think it is.
Wisp will throw down motes for you.
Wisp: Places mote reservoirs which stay, and so anyone can get moderate buffs. Definitely need to tell her to hold and stay put so they end up in one spot tho.
Octavia: Mallets stay up nearly all the time.

Some other good reading
https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/80fxba/best_specter_loadout/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1017897-best-specter-loadouts/

If you ever want to update your specters, all you have to do is manufacture a new one and it will change your entire stockpile.

Overall, I think that specters have more power to ease the grind/frustration the sooner you dig into them. They're great. Distilling extractors will even pay for the plastid costs.

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jul 8, 2020

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

TheParadigm posted:

Yes and no. There's some elements to archwing that make your life easier, and are thus worth investing in.

The first is the archwing launcher that lets you fly around ground/open world missions, and is way better than hoverboarding around. You want Hyperion thrusters(its cheap/the most common gold) and the HP mod at a minimum, but the 'go faster' mod is unfortunately 10 cost with 10 ranks, so you're going to want to at least polarize your fave archwing once.

The good news is you basically only need Amesha now, and nitain extract's easy to get from nightwave. Itzal is technically the fastest, but its abilities are garbage now, but its also the simplest to make.
(Odonata is middling-okay and technically functional, its heat shield is actually super useful, its like a volt shield for heat and has uses killing jordas faster, elytron's missiles are all too slow/weak to do anything.)

There's going to be a modular archwing update at some point; but who knows when that is. I've been advising people to just build all of them before that drops, due to a livestream comment that's more or less 'yeah if you have it built already you'll get all the parts when that update drops'.

The second is being able to summon heavy guns using the gravimag system, but unlocking the fight/quest in fortuna to get it is a little cumbersome, but thankfully its a one time deal. You do have to potato a gun to gravimag it tho.

Steel path is actually going to be great for archwing xp farm, I think. The neptune mobile defense will be even more xp efficient.

Archwing content is pretty easy once you understand it, but few people bother to try. There's a few things you should know:
Arcanes, Warframe Passives, and Auras all work in archwing. Protea's in particular can do stupid things, hildryns gives you a better shield gate, etc. Equinox can give you more energy from health orbs, that sort of deal.
If doing Archwing missions, only Corossive damage matters. Built it and ignore all others.
If doing Railjack, build Radiation. If your weapon is a status gun, build slash and radiation. Cold on melee can be useful for slowing fighters, but archmelee only has okay base status on like 2-3 options. (knux, prisma veritux, one other). Recommended gear: Cyngas.
If building your heavy gun summon do whatever.

Basically, focus on it as a mobility tool and booster for other content. Most of the essential mods are so cheap you can bum them for free, and the rest had their availabiltiy massively boosted through dropping from railjack.

Ah! The site you want is https://tenno.zone/ . Specifically their searchable drops page. Really, all the pages are useful. Relics will tell you which is in what box; pricing can tell you about how much a part is if you want to not farm it manually.
The warframe drop tables are something you can look up on google as well. Its not especially organized but if you ever want to know where something's from and how rare it is, its easy to look up.

This is crazy helpful. Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

TheParadigm posted:

Here's a few useful things I/my play group's discovered:
Trinity + ancient healer specter can make defense targets basically unkillable. Healer has damage aura, trinity spams blessing. This works in arbitrations extremely well. Also, energy vampire.
Nidus: He keeps the parasitic link up nearly constantly, so having him out is basically free 28% power strength. I use him playing speed nova so I have the ability to turn speed nova neutral mid-mission if it gets hairy/long.
Gara: Her glass wall scales a lot, and is way tougher than you think it is.
Wisp will throw down motes for you.
Wisp: Places mote reservoirs which stay, and so anyone can get moderate buffs. Definitely need to tell her to hold and stay put so they end up in one spot tho.
Octavia: Mallets stay up nearly all the time.

Big fan of Volt spectres myself. They regularly provide speed boosts, chuck shields around, and lock down half the map with their 4.