Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

I do not think anyone in this game has a standard power role. I do not think there would be roles that are duplicating one another between players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

yuming posted:

Interesting reveals. I'm back and rereading now.

Also Sandwolf excuse me for feeling bad about Asiina getting voted out D1 with a role she was excited to play. <:mad:>

shh I feel bad about the second part too

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

DGK2000 posted:

I do not think anyone in this game has a standard power role. I do not think there would be roles that are duplicating one another between players.

There's a difference between watching and tracking, IMO

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Spoonsy posted:

There's a difference between watching and tracking, IMO

I mean my role in regards to tracking.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Hm.

I didn't mind it with Sandwolf but Jen making back to back votes on two people that gave reasons on why she seemed scummy (whether you agree or not) is something to be noted, especially when you give no ~real~ reason as to why you vote each person who commented on you or voted you.

And by reason I mean, it's obvious you think their reasons are bullshit, I get it, but you vote them without context for anybody else but you. Are you implying that Sandwolf's posts/taste's posts are knowingly wrong/misguided from their pov and that means they're scum?
oof. This softball stands out to me immediately.

++ scum points to DBD

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

t a s t e posted:

Merk is victim to his reputation

I think jen’s reaction to sandwolf’s post is a much stronger indicator than her reaction to mine. Omgus is a null tell

Jen X posted:

lol of course you do
Right now I'm not reading taste as scum with Jen. This exchange in particular doesn't fit to me as two scum interacting in thread.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

merk posted:

DBD looks like he’s fence sitting, but I’ve been wrong before on that same read of him so I’m letting it go for now.
What do you think of DBD in light of Jen's flip?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

DGK2000 posted:

I mean my role in regards to tracking.

ahhhhh

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

All three of those yuming posts just pinged me

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

yuming posted:

Like what is this question?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Hal Incandenza posted:

Strange request, I'm not inclined to comply

I think I'll ##vote JenX for now

I don't agree a whole lot with sandwolf, didn't think he was scummy at first but merks points are decent

I would vote SubRosa too
The timing of this vote doesn't read like a bus to me. Jen was losing votes so scum-Hal voting her here would be odd imo.

I think Hal is town.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Sandwolf posted:

Like what is this question?
I am suspicious of DBD and think merk is town. merk didn't like the same posts that pinged me D1 so I asked him to look at them again.

~so weird~

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

yuming posted:

Right now I'm not reading taste as scum with Jen. This exchange in particular doesn't fit to me as two scum interacting in thread.

Taste trying to tie us together re: JX is very off putting. I haven't looked deeper.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

yuming posted:

I will read.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Are you reading along with the thread waiting for people to mention you, merk?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

DGK2000 posted:

Are you reading along with the thread waiting for people to mention you, merk?

I was on a phone kind of reading and responding when I felt like it. I'm sure you are going to find fifteen recent scum games of mine where I did this (without ever looking at any town game).

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
IN MEGA MAN X MAFIA FROM 2006, MERK ***LIED*** ABOUT BEING ON A PHONE NEAR DEADLINE IN ORDER TO NOT PUT A VOTE DOWN TO SAVE HIS SCUM BUDDY

IS HE LYING ABOUT BEING ON A PHONE HERE?????

(yes, I am now on a computer)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

yeah this is *definitely* town merk, talking more about EVERYTHING BUT who is scum and what is happening in the game

Screw it!

##vote merk

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

merk posted:

IN MEGA MAN X MAFIA FROM 2006, MERK ***LIED*** ABOUT BEING ON A PHONE NEAR DEADLINE IN ORDER TO NOT PUT A VOTE DOWN TO SAVE HIS SCUM BUDDY

IS HE LYING ABOUT BEING ON A PHONE HERE?????

(yes, I am now on a computer)

Fuckin hahaha that's pretty good. No I just really want to see you play the game instead of driveby fire.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Didn't have your phone the last three+ hours of D1 either?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
It also stands out to me that Jen makes a point to comment on most players who comment on her EXCEPT DBD.

She responds directly to DBD about another read, but never engages with the various stacks of waffles DBD wrote about her.

This supports my scum suspicion on DBD.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

My biggest suspicions are still the same as yesterday, really. All four people who voted Sandwolf and stuck there happy to let town go to a no lunch look super scummy to me. merk today has done nothing to change my read that merk is the most likely person to flip scum.

##vote merk

Very curious still to see what peramene and taste say about their visit to Jen.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Okay I just came to a brief exchange between Jen and DBD, it doesn't change the point I made much however.

Jen was very quick to respond to the other comments on her and seemed to have a high tolerance for DBD's comments.

I can imagine their exchange as scum buddies in thread.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Deadbeat Dad posted:

##vote Asiina

I think Tokes is probably better but I see more people sure about Asiina (who I disliked a lot with the Hal stuff) but I like their posting way more now compared to Tokes who just disappeared. Not sure why nobody is questioning that.

Better than a no lunch though!

This is the scummiest thing DBD did yesterday. He is distancing himself far from the Asiina elimination.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sub Rosa posted:

Didn't have your phone the last three+ hours of D1 either?

I did but didn't check the game. I'm sorry if this makes me scum in this great meta Rube Goldberg casework machine going on.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I've felt weird about Asiina and Jen the entire day so I would be down with one of them. I think Asiina looked worse early and better as of late fwiw.

I see what you're saying re: DBD. He keeps the door open that Jen is scum but never really pursues it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Yeah, ##vote DBD looks good to me.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

merk posted:

I did but didn't check the game. I'm sorry if this makes me scum in this great meta Rube Goldberg casework machine going on.

Give me a lumpenlist so I know you actually have thoughts on people you aren't prodded about please.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

DGK2000 posted:

Give me a lumpenlist so I know you actually have thoughts on people you aren't prodded about please.

No.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

How about some actual reads then?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The "our side" phrasing from Jen is the worst thing about her posts but even then it's something I can see someone on either "side" saying.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Hm.

I didn't mind it with Sandwolf but Jen making back to back votes on two people that gave reasons on why she seemed scummy (whether you agree or not) is something to be noted, especially when you give no ~real~ reason as to why you vote each person who commented on you or voted you.

And by reason I mean, it's obvious you think their reasons are bullshit, I get it, but you vote them without context for anybody else but you. Are you implying that Sandwolf's posts/taste's posts are knowingly wrong/misguided from their pov and that means they're scum?

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I've felt weird about Asiina and Jen the entire day so I would be down with one of them. I think Asiina looked worse early and better as of late fwiw.

DBD 'felt weird' about Jen the entire day but only has this content. Seems like scum distancing when you look back.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

This is the poo poo you used to do to me, dad

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

DGK2000 posted:

How about some actual reads then?

I've commented on alignment multiple times today. Please actually read my posts!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Preview edit: I see merk found the same DBD post.

These are some choice comments about Jen at EOD1.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

But DBD doesn't ever pressure Jen.

There's also a weird name drop from DGK here:

DGK2000 posted:

I think Jen X and Asiina are the scum.

Tokes has a vote on Asiina. Tokes asked to be lunched by town. I do not see scum doing this D1 even as a gambit. My case, Tokes feelings, Spoons message. Vote Asiina for a better tomorrow.

DGK2000 posted:

I am unlikely to move my vote from Asiina unless someone literally scumclaims.
I'm close to where I was at yesterday with DGK: I can imagine him as scum but I'm not sold on it.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
There isn't much to be said about the late Asiina votes because they came SO FAST.

Solus tipped the scale and after that everyone followed suit.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

merk posted:

I've commented on alignment multiple times today. Please actually read my posts!

Sandwolf- more town
Spoonsy- Not really anything because you forgot about the decryption minigame
Taste- Maybe something idk it's very ambiguous how you feel
DBD- Still on this.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Oh, I meant to comment on pera too. I'm not sure what happened to that post.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

peramene posted:

so we got votes on almost half the game but i guess i'll start with the leaders

merk - playing and responding to questions and the like
solus - has some relevant relation to token's mysterious maybe-not-good role

of these two, I'd prefer to vote solus, because that'd be a really cool trick to pull, sortakindabutnotreally securing a token cuddle with a fake soft claim, idk, solus is clever its possible. what ya gonna do with d1

sandwolf - there's a merk and sandwolf conflict that smacks of slapfight, but they both appear to be trying to play so whatcha gonna do
token - super seriously the most mysteriousy and i was sure asking to get tapped day1 was a good way to get tapped. pretty confident she's not a jester but i have been heinously wrong about that before; but also i really wanted to play with token so it'd be a shame to just oust on command. idk. i dont wanna do it, which seems to be the consensus so cool.

spoonsy -

hmmmmmm i had this thought too hmmmmmm

but that's really it with spoonsy. not an especially passionate presentation from the get-solus crew but i think i might be among their number

doin a deeper dive

peramene posted:

operating on the probably-inaccurate assumption that solus is done for the day and preparing for the possibility that i get distracted, i'll go ahead and drop a vote

##vote solus

but I'm not crazy about it

surprise motherfucker

ye.

peramene posted:

there's about as many reasons for it going scummy as going ~misguided town~ but i think it was the wrong call to make

I think I have come around on this particular coin

##vote spoonsy

This is one of the weaker/waffley d1s out of players. Pera made a list post that didn't really do much and then kind of followed along with other reads as they came, usually telling us how much she didn't believe in it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Even pera's little bit about me individually and then again on the merk/sandwolf 'slapfight' doesn't say anything about alignment for either of us. It's just... stating what happened. You have to insinuate that "slapfight" implies town/town to even get at an alignment read there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote DBD

1. Waffling comments on Jen all day with an easy excuse "trying to give leeway to OMGUS votes."

This reads like distancing to me.

2. Lack of commitment to his votes D1: Token Female, Asiina, spoonsy / spoonsy includes a bonus self-conscious unvote.

A willingness to vote based on context of the thread is scum > town.

3. I think his case on merk D2 comes off as forced / I think merk reads MORE town because of Jen's flip. Square peg round hole situation.